Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Fed Up with Bugs and Gltiches

Comments

• brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    edited September 2018
    This probably violates the Constitution (cruel & unusual punishments clause), but methinks the devs should be chained to workstations with typical normal user level computers and forced to play (or at least attempt to) their own creation. Maybe then they would begin to understand our problems, feel our pain, and do something about it. Have encountered too many things that a proper QC check would have found. Having been in QC for several years (aircraft engines), I know the deal.

This made me chuckle. We would just love the game fixed or maybe they could sell it to someone that could make it work lol
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Yeah, no. My game has zero mods and I have a huge list of bugs ruining my experience.

A lot of it is "every day" stuff; things like interactions getting stuck in the queue, Sims freezing/lagging, time going all over the place, Sims obsessed with standing in front of sinks for no reason, Sims refusing to sleep, and more. Other bugs are found in various packs, especially Dine Out. Again, using ZERO mods, my Sim goes to get seated (which doesn't look properly and takes forever), orders their dish right away, and sometimes it won't come out at all, or take the entire day. '

Can't have them use the cafe or properly use the bar, as Sims crowd the barista and their order never goes through.

Just a lot of these different bugs really make me appreciate The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Each have their downfalls, but honestly, I have never experienced such excessive and serious bugs which affect the core experience of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, the only way this game is playable is with mods. Odd how EA/Maxis can't figure out how to fix the problems, but third party modders can have it fixed in a day or two (Once they have time to look at coding and come up with a way to fix it. Something EA/Maxis hasn't been able to do in 4 years...)

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, no. My game has zero mods and I have a huge list of bugs ruining my experience.

A lot of it is "every day" stuff; things like interactions getting stuck in the queue, Sims freezing/lagging, time going all over the place, Sims obsessed with standing in front of sinks for no reason, Sims refusing to sleep, and more. Other bugs are found in various packs, especially Dine Out. Again, using ZERO mods, my Sim goes to get seated (which doesn't look properly and takes forever), orders their dish right away, and sometimes it won't come out at all, or take the entire day. '

Can't have them use the cafe or properly use the bar, as Sims crowd the barista and their order never goes through.

Just a lot of these different bugs really make me appreciate The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Each have their downfalls, but honestly, I have never experienced such excessive and serious bugs which affect the core experience of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, the only way this game is playable is with mods. Odd how EA/Maxis can't figure out how to fix the problems, but third party modders can have it fixed in a day or two (Once they have time to look at coding and come up with a way to fix it. Something EA/Maxis hasn't been able to do in 4 years...)

I don't use mods and the game plays stellar for me. So I have no idea what the complaint is. I rarely see bugs and generally when I do they get fixed fairly quickly. So that sort of baffles me when I see a lot of posts about bugs. My biggest complaint is the baby tied to the crib - not a bug; kids acting too much like small adults - not a bug; waiting for Uni and Witches for the game - also not a bug.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Yeah. There's a lot of bugs. I used mods to keep things running smoothly. Thank God for the modding community.
    p6tqefj
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I don't use mods and the game plays stellar for me. So I have no idea what the complaint is. I rarely see bugs and generally when I do they get fixed fairly quickly. So that sort of baffles me when I see a lot of posts about bugs. My biggest complaint is the baby tied to the crib - not a bug; kids acting too much like small adults - not a bug; waiting for Uni and Witches for the game - also not a bug.

I don’t have a ton of bugs either. I do have some and I do see a few in my game that i’d like fixed such as sims coming home from work on holidays when I travel with another sim or go into CAS. But most bugs I’ve seen on here may have happened in my game once and with a repair in origin they never happened again *knocks on wood. Or I just don’t see them. Plus a lot of bugs that people on here consider game breaking just don’t bother me so I barely notice what everyone else is upset about most of the time. If I can run without miserable lag and loading screens so long I can make a whole meal, I consider that a win anyway. I think the only thing possibly game breaking for some simmers is severe stimulation lag or if the game literally doesn’t load. That’s what I at least consider game breaking. And to the simmers that have that....I am truly sorry because even small amounts of stimulation lag (older computer had this) can drive you crazy.

edited September 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »

I don’t have a ton of bugs either. I do have some and I do see a few in my game that i’d like fixed such as sims coming home from work on holidays when I travel with another sim or go into CAS. But most bugs I’ve seen on here may have happened in my game once and with a repair in origin they never happened again *knocks on wood. Or I just don’t see them. Plus a lot of bugs that people on here consider game breaking just don’t bother me so I barely notice what everyone else is upset about most of the time. If I can run without miserable lag and loading screens so long I can make a whole meal, I consider that a win anyway. I think the only thing possibly game breaking for some simmers is severe stimulation lag or if the game literally doesn’t load. That’s what I at least consider game breaking. And to the simmers that have that....I am truly sorry because even small amounts of stimulation lag (older computer had this) can drive you crazy.

Yeah, I suppose if I ever experienced those things it would be annoying - but I have yet to experience any of that in Sims 4. I upgrade my gaming desktop every 2 to 2 and a half years so may be why I have never had the lag or freezing or any of that - no standing at sinks - the game run smooth and consistant without error all the time. I don't use mods or CC or cheats even either like moo etc - never do in a developing game. I have never once had to reset a sim even in Sims 4 - so you can see why I am baffled when others speak of all these bugs. The only time I see a bug is when everyone sees it and those are the ones they often make real quick fixes for.

I also run my game always connected to Origin and I allow Origin access to my game all the time - which I know not many people do either. My game or pc has no issue with Origin connected and running. I also have on auto update without issues as well.

I don't think I have ever even seen simulation lag either - but if it is only on older computers - that could be why.

Complaints I generally do have are programming that is not in this game that was in most of the previous ones - that get on my nerves. Like having unmanned food carts if I place any in stead of the game placing the workers as previous ones do - this one makes players hire workers even though we do not own the food cart. That is annoying - so now I just don't bother placing any. But I can't blame it on bugs when the programming for that isn't in this game. I don't think they support player made venues very well. I had the same issue when I tried to make a Mall. Finally just gave up trying to do those kind of things as I am not hiring anyone for something my sim does not own.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2018
    @Writin_Reg

You play connected online all the time? That sounds terrible, but then I play in offline mode 99.9% of the time. I hate the forced online aspect of all video games.

I play on a brand new gaming rig that we even customized since my husband like to build/custom computers. I have 3 hard drives in it with 1 solely for games. The only mods I really have are for story progression, a skip toddler and go straight to kid mod, and to mod directing romantic interactions to match my conservative views. I do play with CC, but the mods folder is only 645 MB, which is much smaller than many people I know.

I have the sims standing around doing nothing issue. I have the issue of actions canceling out for no reason. We all know about the leaf pile issue too. Took out my mods folder to attempt a fresh file and got the same bugs to happen without mods. I see my game as unplayable since I can not relax while playing it. Gaming for me is supposed to be relaxing.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Yeah, I suppose if I ever experienced those things it would be annoying - but I have yet to experience any of that in Sims 4. I upgrade my gaming desktop every 2 to 2 and a half years so may be why I have never had the lag or freezing or any of that - no standing at sinks - the game run smooth and consistant without error all the time. I don't use mods or CC or cheats even either like moo etc - never do in a developing game. I have never once had to reset a sim even in Sims 4 - so you can see why I am baffled when others speak of all these bugs. The only time I see a bug is when everyone sees it and those are the ones they often make real quick fixes for.

I also run my game always connected to Origin and I allow Origin access to my game all the time - which I know not many people do either. My game or pc has no issue with Origin connected and running. I also have on auto update without issues as well.

I don't think I have ever even seen simulation lag either - but if it is only on older computers - that could be why.

That's the problem with bugs a lot of times. It has to do with certain things happening that trigger them. Could be that you play in such a way that mimics how the Sims 4 QA team plays and therefore you don't see a lot of bugs.

But others play vastly differently and trigger the bugs.

Or it could be something related to their computer set up, especially if it's lag or graphical glitches.

Which is why sometimes bugs and glitches go unfixed for long periods of time. The QA team can't reproduce the glitch and therefore their attempts to fix it are like looking for a needle in a haystack because they can't test to see if it's fixed. The more detail those affected can give, the more likely bugs are to be fixed. Computer specs, play style, mod usage, cheat usage, time of day in game, etc.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018

I thought one day you said you didn't play the cafes? Or was that someone else? I know even without having some EPs there are a lot of bugs in Seasons and C&D such as the broken vet career (which might have been fixed but I don't have it). Problems with the calendar/holiday setup, the bad design of not only that feature but everyone coming home if someone schedules anything for someone else in the household. And I was surprised (when I went to look the other day) to see no one had ever reported the missing suspect bug over on the Answers site to Crinrict, which has been going on in GTW for years. I guess we assume somone reports this stuff over there for real, because it has never mattered here much, no matter how much people complained.

I'm sure your game runs stellar, I didn't have any stalls, pauses, slow AI, lag either, unless I downloaded a lot from the gallery sometimes (usually restaurants) that would and could cause really horrible lag. Never knew what that was about, but if you don't play some areas of the game you are more than likely not going to see the bugs other see. I saw all sorts of bugs, caused by the player's library let alone actual play game bugs. So many I quit an uninstalled last Aug. It is a very bug ridden game which had nothing to do with lag, or pauses, or slow AI or systems. ETA: This one many see, their Sims stop and hug every five seconds or so in the game. I had that problem three years ago or maybe it was two, I know that one is real. And so was the excessive walking somewhere to wave with nothing in the queue, though the other Sim had already left the area. There are all sorts of things such as that let alone object interaction bugs.

ETA: I saw many bugs reported today that I had three years ago and no one else did. But I also believe it is the difference of me having the Limited Edition base and others having the Deluxe, and that silly free give away they gave for party deluxe or whatever it was, and I didn't take it even though it was free, didn't want it. I think there is a diff. in code somewhere. My bugs were real, and many others didn't even see those bugs until recently. Go figure.
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    edited September 2018

It's certainly not only happening to people with older computers. I have a demonically powerful gaming rig that was originally built for DAZ Studio iRay renders. The thing is a beast. It has 32 GB of RAM, a 7700k processor, high-end ROG mobo, liquid cooling, nVidia 1080 vid card with 8 GB RAM. Probably 95% of Simmers and other gamers do not have a rig this powerful. And I still get the simulation lag -- if that is what we are referring to as inexplicable pauses in the Sims' responses to commands, how they just stand there doing nothing for several beats before they finally agree to do what you told them. I also get rubberbanding Sims. High-chair bug. Etc, etc.

I wonder how much of this is an individual player's tolerance to some of these effects. It may be that you don't personally notice or register "lag" of a certain type that another player would notice and complain about. A buddy and I experience this playing the game Stellaris co-op. In the later part of the game when the whole galaxy is colonized and multiple AI empires are at war simultaneously, the game starts to experience these annoying "pauses" at the start of every month. It drives me so up the wall that the last couple of games, I have told him I can't play anymore. I have to stop. He notices it, but it doesn't annoy him and he's willing to keep playing. So he has played his solo games all the way to conclusion but our co-op games, when we have gone far enough to convince ourselves that, given time and "no lag", we'd be able to win the game, we stop.

I also notice the lag starting before he does. I'll say, "Ugh, it's lagging," and he'll say "Not for me, yet." Now this is literally not possible because my computer is the host. So if I am experiencing latency he cannot possibly NOT be. What's happening (and we both agree to this fact) is that I notice the slightest pauses and he does not. We think this is because he plays solo a lot (and I never do -- I only play co-op) and he lets his games run to the end, and so he is used to much MORE lag than I am. Consequently it (a) bothers him less, and (b) he doesn't notice small amounts of it. He's built up his "immunity" to that particular issue.

So, I wonder how much of this is not that you don't actually witness these things happening, nor even the sort of rig you have, but rather, that the things Sims do which drive us nuts, just don't bother you or you don't notice them because of how you play.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018

It's certainly not only happening to people with older computers. I have a demonically powerful gaming rig that was originally built for DAZ Studio iRay renders. The thing is a beast. It has 32 GB of RAM, a 7700k processor, high-end ROG mobo, liquid cooling, nVidia 1080 vid card with 8 GB RAM. Probably 95% of Simmers and other gamers do not have a rig this powerful. And I still get the simulation lag -- if that is what we are referring to as inexplicable pauses in the Sims' responses to commands, how they just stand there doing nothing for several beats before they finally agree to do what you told them. I also get rubberbanding Sims. High-chair bug. Etc, etc.

I wonder how much of this is an individual player's tolerance to some of these effects. It may be that you don't personally notice or register "lag" of a certain type that another player would notice and complain about. A buddy and I experience this playing the game Stellaris co-op. In the later part of the game when the whole galaxy is colonized and multiple AI empires are at war simultaneously, the game starts to experience these annoying "pauses" at the start of every month. It drives me so up the wall that the last couple of games, I have told him I can't play anymore. I have to stop. He notices it, but it doesn't annoy him and he's willing to keep playing. So he has played his solo games all the way to conclusion but our co-op games, when we have gone far enough to convince ourselves that, given time and "no lag", we'd be able to win the game, we stop.

I also notice the lag starting before he does. I'll say, "Ugh, it's lagging," and he'll say "Not for me, yet." Now this is literally not possible because my computer is the host. So if I am experiencing latency he cannot possibly NOT be. What's happening (and we both agree to this fact) is that I notice the slightest pauses and he does not. We think this is because he plays solo a lot (and I never do -- I only play co-op) and he lets his games run to the end, and so he is used to much MORE lag than I am. Consequently it (a) bothers him less, and (b) he doesn't notice small amounts of it. He's built up his "immunity" to that particular issue.

So, I wonder how much of this is not that you don't actually witness these things happening, nor even the sort of rig you have, but rather, that the things Sims do which drive us nuts, just don't bother you or you don't notice them because of how you play.

Very insightful. I had AI lag two years ago that only people are noticing now. But Sims pausing between interactions etc. was one of TS3's signatures and it drove me crazy so much I complained all the time about it, but TS3 players didn't seem to mind the very slow AI. As we all know this series is very buggy when it came to snow ball fights, no one could possibly ignore that because it was a flaw they knew about, where Sims would stall, lag, pause, while searching for a place to have the fight, but some might think they didn't have or see that bug. No amount of RAM etc. could fix it, it was a design bug. Point, I agree with you, I think some who play aren't observant or have just become immune.

ETA: If you want to see more bugs, (anyone who hasn't seen any bugs at all) play bigger households, then you can see many. Oh, they are there.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    We have two high end gaming rigs in the house. Both are overkill for the sims and aren’t built with the sims specifically in mind but for other more demanding games. I don’t have a lot of bugs but I do have some. I get occasional Simulation lag when you ask a sim to do something, high chair bugs, pets clogging up the queue despite them fixing it bugs, teleporting bugs, sims wearing silly outfits to festivals bugs, the calender bug where sims go to school and then come home early or late. My niece has the game on console and even on the PS4 Pro I see the same pc bugs pop up there.

None of which is the fault of any pc we own. It’s the game. Both games are unmodded and have no cc. This is a game so buggy it gets monthly bug fixes, this is a game so buggy it’s had four patches for seasons and still bugs remain but bugs to this day still remain for Get To Work which I’m sorry after four years is unacceptable. I am one of the luckier ones as my game runs fine in spite of the bugs. I play all four sims games and the sims 4 is the buggiest of the lot.
    We have two high end gaming rigs in the house. Both are overkill for the sims and aren’t built with the sims specifically in mind but for other more demanding games. I don’t have a lot of bugs but I do have some. I get occasional Simulation lag when you ask a sim to do something, high chair bugs, pets clogging up the queue despite them fixing it bugs, teleporting bugs, sims wearing silly outfits to festivals bugs, the calender bug where sims go to school and then come home early or late. My niece has the game on console and even on the PS4 Pro I see the same pc bugs pop up there.

None of which is the fault of any pc we own. It’s the game. Both games are unmodded and have no cc. This is a game so buggy it gets monthly bug fixes, this is a game so buggy it’s had four patches for seasons and still bugs remain but bugs to this day still remain for Get To Work which I’m sorry after four years is unacceptable. I am one of the luckier ones as my game runs fine in spite of the bugs. I play all four sims games and the sims 4 is the buggiest of the lot.

I think that was my initial point as well. I for sure had worse bugs on my old underpowered laptop that couldn’t play sims 3 at all. But I do still have them on a very powerful gaming rig, not as severe by any means but they are still there. I just got accustomed to them I guess on my older laptop and unless they are glaring they don’t really bother me. I will say I made an effort to play 3 recently on my new desktop and just couldn’t. It wasn’t the game itself but the fact that it still loaded really slow and had massive lag on a brand new computer. Sims 4 may have more general bugs, but they can be fixed. Sims 3 had a severe core problem that affected most players causing unimaginable lag and slow downs. Sims 4 bugs are being fixed more now though than in the beginning. I am actually seeing GTW bugs from years ago being fixed in patch notes. I think their team is bigger and better now. I may be wrong but I don’t think we will have to wait as long with seasons bugs. We have better communication with them than ever so to me that says something. I will say I do think they have a hard time reproducing a lot of bugs because they play so differently to us when testing the game. So I give them a little benefit of the doubt there as far as time goes (I think I’m one of the only ones though, I’ve gotten yelled at for defending them before). I do wish they’d be more insightful on what was being worked on and what they weren’t worried about fixing. I know they can’t fix it all so it be nice to know what they weren’t going to fix. I’m sure I’m not alone with this.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I think that was my initial point as well. I for sure had worse bugs on my old underpowered laptop that couldn’t play sims 3 at all. But I do still have them on a very powerful gaming rig, not as severe by any means but they are still there. I just got accustomed to them I guess on my older laptop and unless they are glaring they don’t really bother me. I will say I made an effort to play 3 recently on my new desktop and just couldn’t. It wasn’t the game itself but the fact that it still loaded really slow and had massive lag on a brand new computer. Sims 4 may have more general bugs, but they can be fixed. Sims 3 had a severe core problem that affected most players causing unimaginable lag and slow downs. Sims 4 bugs are being fixed more now though than in the beginning. I am actually seeing GTW bugs from years ago being fixed in patch notes. I think their team is bigger and better now. I may be wrong but I don’t think we will have to wait as long with seasons bugs. We have better communication with them than ever so to me that says something. I will say I do think they have a hard time reproducing a lot of bugs because they play so differently to us when testing the game. So I give them a little benefit of the doubt there as far as time goes (I think I’m one of the only ones though, I’ve gotten yelled at for defending them before). I do wish they’d be more insightful on what was being worked on and what they weren’t worried about fixing. I know they can’t fix it all so it be nice to know what they weren’t going to fix. I’m sure I’m not alone with this.

I'm sorry you are still having issues with the sims 3. That is not my experience, when I upgraded my pc (its now been upgraded twice) I cannot complain, performance wise it is really good and I don't have lag. I appreciate not everyone is that lucky.

The sims team is smaller now than what it was, we know that from the devs that were laid off. I don't think they play the game often as we do which is probably how they miss so much. Quality testing sure isn't great. I guess I just see things differently, it shouldn't take over three years to fix a pack and that pack should not be on sale at full price when the devs know fine well elements of that pack are fundamentally broken. The same way seasons should not have had four patches and still with bugs- its ridiculous.
    I for sure had worse bugs on my old underpowered laptop that couldn’t play sims 3 at all. But I do still have them on a very powerful gaming rig, not as severe by any means but they are still there. I just got accustomed to them I guess on my older laptop and unless they are glaring they don’t really bother me.

This, right here, is what I mean. You're exactly right. You come to "get used to" the poorer performance and you start not noticing it, like how your nose becomes accustomed to a smell and then you don't smell it anymore until you go away and come back a long time later.

There are many well-documented bugs that hundreds or thousands of people have seen, but some people don't. And I question whether those people really do not have the bug, or whether, like you, they just got used to whatever it is and now they are just blind to it. I suspect the latter, especially when someone claims that they've never had bugs that even the devs have admitted are there and have patched. It's simply not possible to imagine someone has played any computer game, not just Sims 4, for 4 or 5 years and never encountered a single bug. That's got to be, instead, the person just being immune to them or not noticing.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    @MidnightAura I have a pet, and just realized that a huge part of my problem is exactly what you said, the pet clogging up the queue..it just doesn't show me what he is doing so I was not aware of it, throw a couple of children in the mix and the game is not enjoyable at all.

I don't use mods but broke down and downloaded one that was recommended, unfortunately it made my game more laggy..or my sim family is just a bunch of freaks that love standing around for hours upon hours, smelling dirty diapers, and listening to the pleasant sounds of a baby screaming in the background, a dog that has to be reminded to eat because it's starving(even though the bowl of food is right in front of him)..
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

That’s a bold statement? “Most players”? You have a source for that? “Unimaginable lag and slow downs”? Why have I never ever seen any lag in my game? Like, not at all? They absolutely left Sims 3 with bugs that were never taken care of, but it seems like they’ve just continued that habit. Nothing has changed. Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate Sims 3 is demanding and temperamental for people with low end computers or people who prefer to play with lots of CC, Sims 3 isn’t very CC friendly. But to use that as an excuse for Sims 4 issues and problems is something else. And to state it was like this for “most” players is unfounded.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

I thought one day you said you didn't play the cafes? Or was that someone else? I know even without having some EPs there are a lot of bugs in Seasons and C&D such as the broken vet career (which might have been fixed but I don't have it). Problems with the calendar/holiday setup, the bad design of not only that feature but everyone coming home if someone schedules anything for someone else in the household. And I was surprised (when I went to look the other day) to see no one had ever reported the missing suspect bug over on the Answers site to Crinrict, which has been going on in GTW for years. I guess we assume somone reports this stuff over there for real, because it has never mattered here much, no matter how much people complained.

I'm sure your game runs stellar, I didn't have any stalls, pauses, slow AI, lag either, unless I downloaded a lot from the gallery sometimes (usually restaurants) that would and could cause really horrible lag. Never knew what that was about, but if you don't play some areas of the game you are more than likely not going to see the bugs other see. I saw all sorts of bugs, caused by the player's library let alone actual play game bugs. So many I quit an uninstalled last Aug. It is a very bug ridden game which had nothing to do with lag, or pauses, or slow AI or systems. ETA: This one many see, their Sims stop and hug every five seconds or so in the game. I had that problem three years ago or maybe it was two, I know that one is real. And so was the excessive walking somewhere to wave with nothing in the queue, though the other Sim had already left the area. There are all sorts of things such as that let alone object interaction bugs.

ETA: I saw many bugs reported today that I had three years ago and no one else did. But I also believe it is the difference of me having the Limited Edition base and others having the Deluxe, and that silly free give away they gave for party deluxe or whatever it was, and I didn't take it even though it was free, didn't want it. I think there is a diff. in code somewhere. My bugs were real, and many others didn't even see those bugs until recently. Go figure.

YES - it was me and I did say I never take my sims to cafes and I rarely play in houses from the gallery. I build my own as I don't cheat my sims money or use cheats so build just what they can afford or buy a Maxis start and change it as they go along. I learned not to download restaurants from the gallery - the hard way as the earlier built ones often had moo placed items like the kitchen things which created issues for the chef placing the food or waiters retrieving the food to deliver it. Sometimes even moo decor created problems - so I stopped downloading any and fix up the Maxis made ones or build my own. Most of the cafes in the game I removed and used the lots for house lots. LOL. Which is why I have not ever seen the issue with the barrister I saw the post of.

It seems so many builders use moo a lot - which it is their build and if they want to do that is fine - I just prefer not to use that in my game as it has had problems since sims 3 - so I just choose not to go there and not download builds from the gallery. Or if i did download to give a friend a download boost (I do that sometimes) I don't use the build, it just sits in my library. Moo can actually cause game hesitations in business lots in particular, even if your sim never goes in that business other sims are in there - so it will cause small pauses in the game now and then - which is why I just won't put those things in my game even for appearances. Believe me - some builds are amazing - I've been tempted - but just not worth the issues they can create.

ETA - Another issue I will most likely never see is the problem some report about Holidays and one sim going home when the player goes to work with another sim. For one the only Sims I have that I go to work with are single sims - I never have a couple or family that has one of the on hand jobs. I do have 3 sisters that live together where one has the Science career but the other two sisters have jobs they do at home - so they are home anyway. I go to work every day with the scientist and so far have not had issues with the other two sisters but right this minute I am busy playing 2 other households in BB - a male in one house and a female right next door -

In dreams - I LIVE!

JoAnne65 wrote: »

That’s a bold statement? “Most players”? You have a source for that? “Unimaginable lag and slow downs”? Why have I never ever seen any lag in my game? Like, not at all? They absolutely left Sims 3 with bugs that were never taken care of, but it seems like they’ve just continued that habit. Nothing has changed. Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate Sims 3 is demanding and temperamental for people with low end computers or people who prefer to play with lots of CC, Sims 3 isn’t very CC friendly. But to use that as an excuse for Sims 4 issues and problems is something else. And to state it was like this for “most” players is unfounded.

Um okay....this was a little rude and unnecessary. I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues, I was just pointing out the sims 3 had issues that cannot be fixed which is not the case for the sims 4. And I am so glad you do not have issues on the sims 3 but I do. I have used five different computers for sims 3 over the years and all of them had lag. My brand new gaming computer has lag with the base game, which is ridiculous. Also I played it for a long time on a decent gaming laptop, so please save your it was only low end computers argument. Plenty of simmers had issues on very high end gaming rigs, just like with simulation lag now.

I also say most players because it seemed to be a common issue according to players on here with the game. Just because it did not happen to you does not mean it was not most players nor does it mean it was not an issue. It seemed to be a massive issue when the game was still being made. Maybe it was not most players, but it certainly seemed to be the case from what I saw. You do not have to attack me because you do not have issues. That was not even what most of my post was about and again I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues. I am baffled to how you even go that. But then again, I am baffled that someone could get so irritated at a simple post about my experiences with a video game.
    ETA - Another issue I will most likely never see is the problem some report about Holidays and one sim going home when the player goes to work with another sim. For one the only Sims I have that I go to work with are single sims - I never have a couple or family that has one of the on hand jobs. I do have 3 sisters that live together where one has the Science career but the other two sisters have jobs they do at home - so they are home anyway. I go to work every day with the scientist and so far have not had issues with the other two sisters but right this minute I am busy playing 2 other households in BB - a male in one house and a female right next door -

Of course, if you don't do the things that trigger the bugs in your game, then you will never see those bugs.

That would be like me saying "I never see the pet queue bug" when I don't ever have pets in my household. Of course I would not see pet bugs without a pet. Or like saying "I never see the high chair toddler bug" but I'm the sort of person who only plays single Sims and never has babies. Yeah, if you have no toddlers, you'll never see the bug.

This is not quite the same as saying "I do everything you guys do but never see any of the bugs you report...." Which, I'll be honest, it often sounds like you are saying. As if you think we're just imagining or exaggerating the bugs. (I know you never said that, but it's how your posts come across.)

Of course, if you don't do the things that trigger the bugs in your game, then you will never see those bugs.

That would be like me saying "I never see the pet queue bug" when I don't ever have pets in my household. Of course I would not see pet bugs without a pet. Or like saying "I never see the high chair toddler bug" but I'm the sort of person who only plays single Sims and never has babies. Yeah, if you have no toddlers, you'll never see the bug.

This is not quite the same as saying "I do everything you guys do but never see any of the bugs you report...." Which, I'll be honest, it often sounds like you are saying. As if you think we're just imagining or exaggerating the bugs. (I know you never said that, but it's how your posts come across.)

Everybody that knows me knows I have toddlers seeing that alone is what brought me back to Sims 4. So thAT IS SILLY. But I do play as I said I play - I did not play this way to prevent bugs it is just the way I have always played the sims. When we had the Ambitions job - well I played the same - I learned that was the best way to play hands on careers. Pardon me for playing the way that always worked best.

When I heard the high chair was a pain the first week toddler were out - I knew enough to get rid of them as they were not even necessary in Sims 4 - so why use an object we don't even need that you know has issues - when the tots do just fine sitting in their own little chair they can get up on by them selves, have a family meal even, and then get down by themselves. Why look for problems for no good reason.

I have pets - and no don't have problems from the way I play I guess. I get a pet. I train the pet what is needed, and my sims and pet go for walks, play in the park, chase birds on the beach, play on the beach. My pet goes with my sims to collect stuff and when they go fishing - just usual pet/owner things. The only problem I had ever seen with the pet was that wellness treat making the sim pet fearful. That was supposedly fixed - but getting them a wellness shot did fix the fearful ness. MY sims don't breed pets or adopt them they befriend and take in the stray pets. It's my nature - but that is what I do and how I play. Don't know why I don't see your issues when I do have toddlers in my saves and do have pets.

The only thing I don't do is go in cafes seeing I replaced them all with houses. I have restaurants and plenty of food stands and bars of all kinds - didn't see a need for cafes too. I needed small house lots.

I am sure I am not the only one that does not see all the issues you have either.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Um okay....this was a little rude and unnecessary. I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues, I was just pointing out the sims 3 had issues that cannot be fixed which is not the case for the sims 4. And I am so glad you do not have issues on the sims 3 but I do. I have used five different computers for sims 3 over the years and all of them had lag. My brand new gaming computer has lag with the base game, which is ridiculous. Also I played it for a long time on a decent gaming laptop, so please save your it was only low end computers argument. Plenty of simmers had issues on very high end gaming rigs, just like with simulation lag now.

I also say most players because it seemed to be a common issue according to players on here with the game. Just because it did not happen to you does not mean it was not most players nor does it mean it was not an issue. It seemed to be a massive issue when the game was still being made. Maybe it was not most players, but it certainly seemed to be the case from what I saw. You do not have to attack me because you do not have issues. That was not even what most of my post was about and again I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues. I am baffled to how you even go that. But then again, I am baffled that someone could get so irritated at a simple post about my experiences with a video game.
    Not sure what you consider rude? Unless ‘bold’ means something different than I meant? Saying ‘most’ players as if that’s a fact is bold isn’t it? Meaning ‘daring’? I mean, what’s ‘most’? 90%? 80? How do you know? Most Sims 3 players I know never considered the game ‘unimaginably, massively laggy’. And if my reply was unnecessary is up to me I think, I don’t think it was, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it.

This topic is called “So fed up with bugs and glitches”. Downplaying that feeling (‘they can be fixed’) and then in the same breath mentioning Sims 3 had ‘a severe core problem’ as if that’s supposed to be an extra comfort for the people being fed up with bugs in Sims 4 (presuming for a moment for argument’s sake it’s true) is excusing the issue. “Hey, it’s bad but don’t complain, it was worse in the past.” Even if it were, so what? Apart from the fact that this is completely off topic because this topic is about bugs, not performance. And in no way related to people being fed up with Sims 4 bugs and glitches.

I played Sims 3 on three computers. An old one that caused stuttering after a few EP’s so I bought a new one. That one ran the game smoothly, sorry but it did. Then I bought Sims 4 and my computer couldn’t run that game so I bought a new computer and TS3 runs smoothly on that one as well, the only difference is that I get more sims on community lots now plus loading the game doesn’t take 11 minutes anymore but 4. Lag? Never, not even on the first computer. Freezing? Yep, in some worlds, caused by routing issues. Must add I played the game vanilla for years and still don’t use much CC. When you play the game on a decent computer with a decent amount of mods and CC, performance is fine. But again, this topic is about bugs, not performance. And it’s about Sims 4, not Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2018

Not sure what you consider rude? Unless ‘bold’ means something different than I meant? Saying ‘most’ players as if that’s a fact is bold isn’t it? Meaning ‘daring’? I mean, what’s ‘most’? 90%? 80? How do you know? Most Sims 3 players I know never considered the game ‘unimaginably, massively laggy’. And if my reply was unnecessary is up to me I think, I don’t think it was, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it.

This topic is called “So fed up with bugs and glitches”. Downplaying that feeling (‘they can be fixed’) and then in the same breath mentioning Sims 3 had ‘a severe core problem’ as if that’s supposed to be an extra comfort for the people being fed up with bugs in Sims 4 (presuming for a moment for argument’s sake it’s true) is excusing the issue. “Hey, it’s bad but don’t complain, it was worse in the past.” Even if it were, so what? Apart from the fact that this is completely off topic because this topic is about bugs, not performance. And in no way related to people being fed up with Sims 4 bugs and glitches.

I played Sims 3 on three computers. An old one that caused stuttering after a few EP’s so I bought a new one. That one ran the game smoothly, sorry but it did. Then I bought Sims 4 and my computer couldn’t run that game so I bought a new computer and TS3 runs smoothly on that one as well, the only difference is that I get more sims on community lots now plus loading the game doesn’t take 11 minutes anymore but 4. Lag? Never, not even on the first computer. Freezing? Yep, in some worlds, caused by routing issues. Must add I played the game vanilla for years and still don’t use much CC. When you play the game on a decent computer with a decent amount of mods and CC, performance is fine. But again, this topic is about bugs, not performance. And it’s about Sims 4, not Sims 3.

I’m not the one changing the topic you are. I literally had one line about sims 3 in my first post and you freaked out on me about it and acted like I was personally attacking you. Your the one making this about sims 3. So please don’t put that on me I barely brought it up. And I don’t care if you had issues or not with sims 3. I did and I’ve seen many reports of others who did. I paid close attention back in the sims 3 years and saw so many upset post about lag and issues. And I fixed sims 3 on my current computer with a mod, ridiculous I had to do that but I do want to try the game again. But that shouldn’t be necessary on a very nice gaming desktop. But as you said this isn’t about sims 3, I was just responding to you.

Also I am not nor did I ever down play sims 4 and it’s bugs. You are completely misinterpreting my post and getting mad about something not worth getting mad about. I am not saying be happy because sims 3 was worse. I am making a point that at least it is bugs and at least they can fix them (Perfomance problems aren’t fixable). Sims 3 did have core issues and I am not the only one by far (from what I’ve read on here and other places) who believes that. Great that you are super happy with sims 3 and how it works for you, I’m glad you can easily enjoy it. I’m also not saying you have to be happy with the current state of sims 4. It irritates me as well. I just am happy that it can be fixed. I am just saying there is hope. I am trying to be optimistic here because that’s who I am. This communication between us and the gurus is better than ever. That gives me hope for fixes. That gives me hope for the sims 4 overall.

I want to make the point off topic real quick that I was one of sims 3s biggest defenders. I was one who believed that the lag could be fixed and tried to help keep that optimism alive when it was becoming a bigger issue. But it’s hard to love a game that basically broke your gaming/college laptop and overheated it when that shouldn’t have benI possible. Sims 4 hasn’t done that yet so I still have optimism for it plus I do actually enjoy it.

I know I won’t change your mind and we will just have to disagree here. I’m sorry I said many, it was just what I saw and have seen over the years. It was a generalization about that game that may or may not be true. I never meant to make anyone mad. I never meant to cause a problem. I wasn’t really even making a point about that. My entire point was that I don’t fully notice bugs in sims 4 because I’m used them and that part you bolded was a tiny snippet. I wasn’t saying that bugs aren’t there, that they aren’t a problem and I wasn’t trying to compare them to sims 3 and act like people shouldn’t be bothered by them. I was not trying to make anyone change the topic towards Sims 3 either. But I’m not apologizing for having hope. It didn’t get me much last time but it keeps me happy with the game. I don’t think staying positive in times like this is a bad thing. And I really hope we get a lot of fixes soon.

• MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member

Everybody that knows me knows I have toddlers seeing that alone is what brought me back to Sims 4. So thAT IS SILLY. But I do play as I said I play - I did not play this way to prevent bugs it is just the way I have always played the sims. When we had the Ambitions job - well I played the same - I learned that was the best way to play hands on careers. Pardon me for playing the way that always worked best.

When I heard the high chair was a pain the first week toddler were out - I knew enough to get rid of them as they were not even necessary in Sims 4 - so why use an object we don't even need that you know has issues - when the tots do just fine sitting in their own little chair they can get up on by them selves, have a family meal even, and then get down by themselves. Why look for problems for no good reason.

I have pets - and no don't have problems from the way I play I guess. I get a pet. I train the pet what is needed, and my sims and pet go for walks, play in the park, chase birds on the beach, play on the beach. My pet goes with my sims to collect stuff and when they go fishing - just usual pet/owner things. The only problem I had ever seen with the pet was that wellness treat making the sim pet fearful. That was supposedly fixed - but getting them a wellness shot did fix the fearful ness. MY sims don't breed pets or adopt them they befriend and take in the stray pets. It's my nature - but that is what I do and how I play. Don't know why I don't see your issues when I do have toddlers in my saves and do have pets.

The only thing I don't do is go in cafes seeing I replaced them all with houses. I have restaurants and plenty of food stands and bars of all kinds - didn't see a need for cafes too. I needed small house lots.

I am sure I am not the only one that does not see all the issues you have either.

The gist of the replies to you on this thread is that just because some don't experience as many bugs as others --- either because of their play-style or what they are accustomed to-- that ought not mean that their issues do not exist ... and are not being adequately addressed through the now-annoying "Regularly-scheduled patch after regularly-scheduled patch" -- Especially where the word "patch" means there are problems with the game's programming in and of itself.)

The purpose of this thread stands. It is here to call attention to these issues in hopes of the studio addressing them once and for all, where possible of course. (Some of this game's issues apparently can't be fixed easily or quickly).

Of course, bugs that are mod and CC-related are not everyone's problem. One has the choice to "deal with it" "stop using the mods" or "wait for the mod author to address them"-- But those who play vanilla do experience bugs and the "stellar" experiences of a few doesn't mean "Everything's OK, don't worry, ignore the complaints".

This may not be what you mean but it is how it comes across to me. Perhaps others as well but I'll speak only for myself in that regard.
    @Writin_Reg

You play connected online all the time? That sounds terrible, but then I play in offline mode 99.9% of the time. I hate the forced online aspect of all video games.

I play on a brand new gaming rig that we even customized since my husband like to build/custom computers. I have 3 hard drives in it with 1 solely for games. The only mods I really have are for story progression, a skip toddler and go straight to kid mod, and to mod directing romantic interactions to match my conservative views. I do play with CC, but the mods folder is only 645 MB, which is much smaller than many people I know.

I have the sims standing around doing nothing issue. I have the issue of actions canceling out for no reason. We all know about the leaf pile issue too. Took out my mods folder to attempt a fresh file and got the same bugs to happen without mods. I see my game as unplayable since I can not relax while playing it. Gaming for me is supposed to be relaxing.

Yes I play connected to Origin all the time. My husband is a pc technician - he does it for a living - we have our own family business now - and he build me a new system every 2 -2 and half years. I never have any issues with Origin though I also allow them to monitor my playtime too without issues. I actually never go offline on my pc - we have super fast internet (Spectrum) and I am hardwired. I guess I am just lucky that I have no issues with it as I know a lot of people can't do that.

In dreams - I LIVE!