Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nightshade: A SimLit || Final Update 8/17/23 || THANK YOU FOR 5 YEARS

Comments

• ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Wow, talk about dramatic overreacting! Raven's gone on a homicidal rage! I hope Onyx figures things out for himself. I see juicy drama ahead!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    Wow, talk about dramatic overreacting! Raven's gone on a homicidal rage! I hope Onyx figures things out for himself. I see juicy drama ahead!

Oh yes, there's definitely juicy drama ahead! Raven does care about her son but she's handling this situation in a very bad way, obviously. However, there IS a reason for her rage which will be explained in the next chapter.
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    Hello everyone! You can read today's update for Nightshade, chapter 4, here! :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Oh... my heart wrenched. I knew I was right to withhold judgement in the last chapter but... oh, I still can't 100% get behind Raven. She is becoming as bad as the Vampire Hunters were, attacking humans who have done no wrong as humans attacked vampires who have done no wrong. Looking forward to see if she grows of if she remains stubborn in her views...
    Oh... my heart wrenched. I knew I was right to withhold judgement in the last chapter but... oh, I still can't 100% get behind Raven. She is becoming as bad as the Vampire Hunters were, attacking humans who have done no wrong as humans attacked vampires who have done no wrong. Looking forward to see if she grows of if she remains stubborn in her views...

You're right! She has a reason to view things the way she does, but it doesn't make it right. She's going down the same path as the Vampire Hunters. I really aimed to give her a mixed moral: good reasons to do bad things.

As for if she grows or remains stubborn, only time will tell...
    37oYgl3.png
    Time for another update! I'm so excited to show you all the newest chapter of Nightshade which you can read here! It's my longest one yet and I'm proud of how it turned out.
    37oYgl3.png
    Hello everyone! I'm here with today's update of Nightshade which you can read here! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    I look forward to your chapters. I really do. I am thrilled you got another posted!
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
    I look forward to your chapters. I really do. I am thrilled you got another posted!

Aww, thank you! :smiley: I really look forward to yours too! I think you've posted one I haven't gotten to yet but I plan to tomorrow! I love your story.
    37oYgl3.png
    Aww, thanks. I just really feel like I'm cheering for Onyx and Amelia already and I barely know them. And I'm the tough reader. If I'm not grabbed by page one or two... I'm off the story and onto something else. So, you've definitely got my attention!
    mW8spBr.png
    Aww, thanks. I just really feel like I'm cheering for Onyx and Amelia already and I barely know them. And I'm the tough reader. If I'm not grabbed by page one or two... I'm off the story and onto something else. So, you've definitely got my attention!

That's honestly really flattering to know my story is good enough for you to stick around! I don't have much confidence in my writing and storytelling, and when I started this simlit I thought for sure it was awful and belonged in the trash can, I'll admit. Sometimes I still feel like that, but it seems that everyone who reads it has a favorable opinion of it and that's a confidence booster.
    37oYgl3.png
    Hey guys, I'm here with another update! Yes, two days in a row with an update. I'm feeling quite inspired! You can read the newest chapter of Nightshade here!
    37oYgl3.png
    I can't help but see this as an analogy to prejudice. Now, she's going across the street to settle things once and for all. Man, some people just have their minds made up about a particular group and nothing anyone says will change their mind.
    mW8spBr.png
    I can't help but see this as an analogy to prejudice. Now, she's going across the street to settle things once and for all. Man, some people just have their minds made up about a particular group and nothing anyone says will change their mind.

It is! Prejudice is a huge theme in my story, as you've discovered. Maybe there's still a chance for Elaine to come around?
    37oYgl3.png
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    New follower here <3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

It is! Prejudice is a huge theme in my story, as you've discovered. Maybe there's still a chance for Elaine to come around?

I hope that Elaine will come around. But, not everyone is willing to change. In fact, it is scientifically proven that when some people with certain beliefs are confronted with the truth that proves their beliefs wrong/incorrect, they can sometimes reinforce their misgivings rather than change due to the truth. Some people would rather not lose face by being wrong than by changing a belief.
    mW8spBr.png
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    New follower here <3

Hello @hunniboo1! I've seen you around the forums, it's nice to meet you! I hope you're enjoying my simlit! <3
    37oYgl3.png

I hope that Elaine will come around. But, not everyone is willing to change. In fact, it is scientifically proven that when some people with certain beliefs are confronted with the truth that proves their beliefs wrong/incorrect, they can sometimes reinforce their misgivings rather than change due to the truth. Some people would rather not lose face by being wrong than by changing a belief.

This is very true. I'm not saying if she will or won't, though I know the answer. But realistically for the world setting my story is in, there will be people who disapprove of Onyx and their opinion will not change: that's their firm belief, and they truly believe it's right. It's unfortunate but it's something we see every day in the real world.
    37oYgl3.png
    Chapter 8 of Nightshade is up! Read it here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Hello everyone, I'm here with another update! This is one of the shortest chapters so far, but even the smallest chapter can have a big contribution to the story. I hope you all enjoy it and thanks so much for reading Nightshade!

Read the newest chapter here!
    37oYgl3.png
    I'm all caught up now... and awh. Elaine needs to wise up but it's not likely. When you objectify someone it's very hard to see how there are like you. I was never a big fan of vampires but Onyx... he's changing my heart. I think I am beginning to understand why so many people see them as romantic. I mean if you went through your entire childhood either afraid to share who you were because of persecution or judged... well, you would be rather brooding...

Still the last line of Onyx is the one that just did me in. I am now in love with Onyx and if Amelia doesn't take him I will. :)
    I'm all caught up now... and awh. Elaine needs to wise up but it's not likely. When you objectify someone it's very hard to see how there are like you. I was never a big fan of vampires but Onyx... he's changing my heart. I think I am beginning to understand why so many people see them as romantic. I mean if you went through your entire childhood either afraid to share who you were because of persecution or judged... well, you would be rather brooding...

Still the last line of Onyx is the one that just did me in. I am now in love with Onyx and if Amelia doesn't take him I will. :)

@TheAemaSimming This is the sweetest thing I've read all day! <3 I'm happy to see you're all caught up and thank you so much for reading my simlit!

You're so right. When you look at something in the kind of way that Elaine looks at vampires, then you're going to have a very hard time changing your mind. She's in too deep. But there may be hope for her yet, who knows?

Hehe, you'll have to wait in line though. You may not be the only one who's willing to take him if Amelia doesn't. ;)
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup well I am the first that I have seen say it but.... I will stand patiently in line then.... hmph...
    edited September 2018
    @squirrelwithacup well I am the first that I have seen say it but.... I will stand patiently in line then.... hmph...

@TheAemaSimming Yes, but I'm the author so I don't have to announce that I'm first in line... right? ;)
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup ......Ok.... but that doesn't mean I won't mope a little bit.... Onyx.... T_T.....