Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could the next feature their working on be lots bigger then 64x64?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
I mean why not? A 64x64 lot wouldn't be big enough if we got an amusement park pack. The rides alone would take up a lot of space. I would definely love lot sizes this big. Eg 74x74 or 84x84. It was said recently they were testing a new feature to see if it was working.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think we'll get lots bigger than 64x64 just because 64x64 is such a random size that maybe 65x65 or bigger creates too many issues.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I don't mind the 64x64 lots, atleast for living on. I can fit every activity on it. Maybe for venues though that would be nice like malls
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I would be happy if we just got more 64x64 lots.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I doubt it they seem pretty determined to give us small worlds with small lots.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I mean why not? A 64x64 lot wouldn't be big enough if we got an amusement park pack. The rides alone would take up a lot of space.
    It'd be plenty big enough.

I can easily imagine a Luna Park size carnival in 64x64. Ring it with a roller coaster, then there's plenty of room in the middle.

Luna-Park-Map-e1427024777207.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The bigger the lot and the more that's stuffed into it, the slower my computer will be able to handle it. I honestly don't see how 64x64 isn't big enough?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I mean why not? A 64x64 lot wouldn't be big enough if we got an amusement park pack. The rides alone would take up a lot of space.

I can easily imagine a Luna Park size carnival in 64x64. Ring it with a roller coaster, then there's plenty of room in the middle.

I doubt we'll get bigger lots and I can imagine they would instead add a whole world (normal world or vacation world) for amusement parks with proper backgrounds.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The bigger the lot and the more that's stuffed into it, the slower my computer will be able to handle it. I honestly don't see how 64x64 isn't big enough?
    Same here. I once put a mansion from the gallery on a 64X64 lot and my game lagged so badly. Had to move that family to a smaller lot.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    There is a reason for 64x64 specifically - it's a size that easily relates to hexadecimal which fills data block sizes neatly.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I don't really see the need for bigger lots. What would be better than that is if they would somehow manage to allow lots to have more than one type. Allowing the player to properly have a home/shop, or a gym/spa etc
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I much rather have a new world with more (smaller) lots than updating the game to cater for bigger than 64x64 lots.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Given the structure of the worlds it would make more sense to just build the rides into the world and not put them on a lot.
    They could make a carnival "neighborhood" similar to the jungle neighborhood. Instead of hacking through vines to open gates, they could just make them either open carnival looking arches or ticket booth arches. Our sim enters and goes to another area of the park with a different theme, spooky, kiddie rides, thrill rides, carnival games, etc. It could be setup in a star pattern with the general area in he middle where a map would be located with rest rooms and food stalls and souvenir shops and we could "travel" to other areas from there.
  • rkm282rkm282 Posts: 59 Member
    I like the idea of your carnival world @Dannydanbo and it sounds a logical way of doing it too.

For me personally I would seriously love larger lots like a few 100x100 lots especially as we don't have CAW for Sims 4 or the ability to plonk lots down exactly where we would like them like we could in Sims 3. I'm currently trying to build a more accurate version of the Palace of Versailles as a TS4 content creator is working on some seriously beautiful content for the Hall of Mirrors and its impossible to do a build like Versailles justice on a 64x64 lot without having to seriously alter/compromise it and the same for a lot of other historical palace builds. I think a few other TS4 builders would love a few larger lots too to really let loose, but that's my personal opinion and wish though. Regardless we definitely need more 64x64 lots! I do use a lot of the smaller lots to build on as well, but I would love a few larger 100x100 lots as well. However, I definitely agree with @AlbaWaterhouse about the need to have multi-use lots. It really does seem silly that you can only have one lot type per lot especially if they are going to keep giving us smaller worlds with smaller/fewer lots to build on! I've edited a larger Windenburg lot to cater for a couple of flats for two sim households, with a restaurant/nightclub, a spa/gym and two shops for a nice little neighbourhood feel, but it can't function that way which is really disappointing.
    Origin ID: rkm282
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I don't really see the need for bigger lots. What would be better than that is if they would somehow manage to allow lots to have more than one type. Allowing the player to properly have a home/shop, or a gym/spa etc

Yes. <3

Also, I hope that the developers will consider objects with smaller footprints. Some things in the TS4 are disproportionately large for their intended purpose. If objects had reasonably-sized footprints, it would be possible to have more activities on a lot.

For example, compare the arcade games and pinball machines from the previous games to the size of the one monstrous arcade machine that was released for TS4. I would much prefer to have a variety of smaller objects than one huge object that shows up on practically every lot because there are no other options.

Another example are the dining booths. The corner seats takes up so much space, yet they can only fit two Sims? As large as they are, they could have seated, at least, four! I had hoped to see sectional sofas again. However, I'm scared to think how humongous they'll be. :/

Aside from the above, a 64x64 lot could hold plenty.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I mean why not? A 64x64 lot wouldn't be big enough if we got an amusement park pack. The rides alone would take up a lot of space. I would definely love lot sizes this big. Eg 74x74 or 84x84. It was said recently they were testing this feature to see how it's working.

I figure an amusement park pack would feature a mini-world (similar in size to Forgotten Hollow) with different rides/features on each lot. The Carousel in Sims 3 didn't take up much space, and they could do something similar. Maybe a single 64x64 for a decent roller coaster, then smaller lots with other rides plus food stalls and picnic tables. Any lot bigger than that gets really unwieldy -- I'm not even a big fan of 64x64 lots and think 50x50 is big enough, but that's just my unpopular opinion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    What we really NEED is something the old console games used to do which was amazing, but it’s to allow lots that aren’t perfectly square.

It’s so painful and unrealistic to see builds packed to the fullest and it be a full square outline.

The console games used to build the worlds the exact same way as the Sims 4 does, it’s possible.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Yes. <3

Also, I hope that the developers will consider objects with smaller footprints. Some things in the TS4 are disproportionately large for their intended purpose. If objects had reasonably-sized footprints, it would be possible to have more activities on a lot.

For example, compare the arcade games and pinball machines from the previous games to the size of the one monstrous arcade machine that was released for TS4. I would much prefer to have a variety of smaller objects than one huge object that shows up on practically every lot because there are no other options.

Another example are the dining booths. The corner seats takes up so much space, yet they can only fit two Sims? As large as they are, they could have seated, at least, four! I had hoped to see sectional sofas again. However, I'm scared to think how humongous they'll be. :/

Aside from the above, a 64x64 lot could hold plenty.

The arcade machine is large because it's designed for 4 Sims to play simultaneously, like this RL arcade game:

0f67aa04dbd7f6e363a56f595a8cc531.jpg

because it came in Get Together which was focused on groups of Sims doing things together. I could see a University pack possibly including smaller arcade games, such as we had in Sims 3.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I would love a new sub hood like this
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I mean why not? A 64x64 lot wouldn't be big enough if we got an amusement park pack. The rides alone would take up a lot of space. I would definely love lot sizes this big. Eg 74x74 or 84x84. It was said recently they were testing this feature to see how it's working.

Where?
    I think CLP meant the feature, not this feature CLP was requesting.

If they are creating a new feature, as they have said, it would require a lot of testing, I would think.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Where?

On Twitter. Grant said it.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

Where?

On Twitter. Grant said it.

I dont think its possible, it may push the game engine beyond its limit
    If it was a free patch then then the min system requirements will change and alot of people will have stability issues (Sims 3 all over again)
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    There is a limited number of sims the game allows on a lot at one time. I can’t remember the exact number. I think it’s 20 or less. Anything bigger than 64x64 would make the amusement park feel like it’s going out of business.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I would love a new sub hood like this

you would need a hood to fit all that in the sims 4.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon