Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Careers and Aspirations

I am finding way to few careers in the sims 4 and aspirations are way to few as well. I have many sims that don't fit into any of the aspirations and jobs that ea provides. I have downloaded a few careers in the past but non worked. I wonder if I did not have packs installed that they needed? I now have more since I have parenthood, toddlers, backyard, city living, bowling, get together, spay day, dine out, movie hangout, bowling night. Can anyone direct me to some general real life jobs? Also more aspirations. I did find HDAD and happy about that as I have a grandson with it and learning to deal with it is hard. I wanted real issues in my game. Thanks all.

Comments

• kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I managed to at last find some but have not tested yet. Still seems careers are very limited.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited September 2018
    Have you checked MTS for custom careers?

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    We actually do have real life careers in the game -- Athlete (I actually have a friend who's a former pro athlete), Business, Culinary, Tech Guru, Painter, Writer. About the only ones "out there" careers might be Astronaut and Secret Agent, maybe Entertainer but I've known some of those as well (musicians and comedians).

There were a couple of aspirations added with Jungle Adventure, but I agree we could use more aspirations. I play on Long lifespan so my Sims often have time to do two or even three if they finish the first one when they're a teen. I'm not a big fan of the deviance aspirations, and haven't fompleted either of the Jungle Adventure ones but the rest of them are pretty much fair game for me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    simgirl- yes but only found about 4. I will try your link, thank you.
    I would like careers like school teacher, construction worker, police officer, landscaper and the like. I live in the country and don't know any astronauts and not everyone is a business person (know what I mean LOL).
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited September 2018
    I've downloaded some custom mods - Military, Education and Law, from a ModtheSims user called Neia. The first 2 have 3 different branches, which makes them even more versatile. I love her mods.

http://modthesims.info/m/9050937

I wish there were more career-themed aspirations just like in Sims 2.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Yes Mariefoxprice83, I just found all that just now and wow was I glad. I am a happy camper now.