Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @ohSnap - don't forget to fill out your entry form and post your photos on a photo sharing site, like imgur for the judges to judge your entry. See page 1 for the details. The judges don't download the build, they rely on the photos from the slideshow. Give a shout out if you need help with anything!
  • ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    > @SoulGal7 said:
    > @ohSnap - don't forget to fill out your entry form and post your photos on a photo sharing site, like imgur for the judges to judge your entry. See page 1 for the details. The judges don't download the build, they rely on the photos from the slideshow. Give a shout out if you need help with anything!

@SoulGal7 Thanks :) I wanted to get my Tumblr post about the lot written before I made my entry official by filling out the entry form. It was being buggy for me yesterday, though, so I just gave up. Fingers crossed it works better for me today!
    Here goes... I hope I've done everything ok!
    FORUM ID: ohSnap
    ORIGIN ID: fwoomage
    LEVEL: This is my first entry!
    LOT: Can't find it on the Gallery...
    LOT COST: $10,000
    LOT NAME: Landgraab Affluista Mansion, Oasis Springs
    GALLERY COST: $235,513
    TOTAL COST: $245,513
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://www.flickr.com/photos/160424649@N02/albums/72157694904300070
    ENTRY DETAILS: See my Tumbl post for more info: h ttps://ohsnap-sims.tumblr.com/post/177602417859/dusty-canyon-retirement-park
    TL;DR - I had distinct personalities for the residents of each trailer in mind as I built and decorated them.
    As well as Harvey, there's Mina and Trevor Wallace, a couple who have been married for 48 years and are still very much in love - they just want their own trailer and their own space now that they're retired and both at home all day! Mina likes gardening (she's been looking after Harvey's garden, since she can't bear opening her curtains in the morning and seeing a messy lot). Trevor likes fishing (Mina HATES the smell of fish).
    Then there's Ricky Finnsbury. He's not great at looking after his trailer, but he is great on the DJ decks. Shame the other residents don't share his taste in music!
    Maggie and Millie Taylor are sisters who live in the last trailer. It's big... but it might not be quite big enough for two people who are so different, especially when one's a neat freak and the other.... isn't. At all.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: I'd love some constructive criticism :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: h ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAQq63A-ZEiwbJajb72LeEwtvVSJmTAQcHdPPWSMP5U/edit I hope it's ok to link to a Google Doc with all the links... Let me know if it's not, and I'll change it.
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: h ttps://www.tumblr.com/blog/ohsnap-sims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [IMG]h ttps://flic.kr/p/2atmzq1[/IMG]
    [IMG]h ttps://flic.kr/p/Nqew6G[/IMG]
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2018
    ohSnap wrote: »
    Here goes... I hope I've done everything ok!
    FORUM ID: ohSnap
    ORIGIN ID: fwoomage
    LEVEL: This is my first entry!
    LOT: Can't find it on the Gallery...
    LOT COST: $10,000
    LOT NAME: Landgraab Affluista Mansion, Oasis Springs
    GALLERY COST: $235,513
    TOTAL COST: $245,513
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/160424649@N02/albums/72157694904300070
    ENTRY DETAILS: See my Tumbl post for more info: https://ohsnap-sims.tumblr.com/post/177602417859/dusty-canyon-retirement-park
    TL;DR - I had distinct personalities for the residents of each trailer in mind as I built and decorated them.
    As well as Harvey, there's Mina and Trevor Wallace, a couple who have been married for 48 years and are still very much in love - they just want their own trailer and their own space now that they're retired and both at home all day! Mina likes gardening (she's been looking after Harvey's garden, since she can't bear opening her curtains in the morning and seeing a messy lot). Trevor likes fishing (Mina HATES the smell of fish).
    Then there's Ricky Finnsbury. He's not great at looking after his trailer, but he is great on the DJ decks. Shame the other residents don't share his taste in music!
    Maggie and Millie Taylor are sisters who live in the last trailer. It's big... but it might not be quite big enough for two people who are so different, especially when one's a neat freak and the other.... isn't. At all.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: I'd love some constructive criticism :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RAQq63A-ZEiwbJajb72LeEwtvVSJmTAQcHdPPWSMP5U/edit I hope it's ok to link to a Google Doc with all the links... Let me know if it's not, and I'll change it.
    TWITTER TAG: N/A
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ohsnap-sims
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    44285463492_d784a20258_h.jpg
    30466644938_b1a56731f4_z.jpg

0TSlsxY.jpg
    @SyddyB206 Thanks for making all my links and pictures work :D
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS101 - Five by Five - your results are now available here.
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Someone put @ohSnap in the Expert category, otherwise I'm going to lose again. :p

J/K, but...dang. That's a trailer court. :open_mouth:
    @ohSnap I wish that my trailer park looked like that!
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    @ohSnap I wish that my trailer park looked like that!

IKR? Where's the one with three junk cars behind the shed, the one with kids setting fire to the trash can, and the one with the neighborhood creeper who looked too long at women walking or driving past? ^^;
    @SimsIslandheart Thanks :blush:
    @SyddyB206 Haha - I have to admit I don't have a huge amount of experience with trailer parks - they don't really exist in the UK in quite the same way - at least I don't think they do anyway. I may be wrong!
    Anyway, I figured a trailer park for retirees might be different to the more 'stereotypical' idea of a trailer park (I say that because most of my knowledge about them comes from tv / film so who knows how accurate that is!)... The residents probably don't have the energy to get up to all those high jinks! :p
    ohSnap wrote: »
    @SimsIslandheart Thanks :blush:
    @SyddyB206 Haha - I have to admit I don't have a huge amount of experience with trailer parks - they don't really exist in the UK in quite the same way - at least I don't think they do anyway. I may be wrong!
    Anyway, I figured a trailer park for retirees might be different to the more 'stereotypical' idea of a trailer park (I say that because most of my knowledge about them comes from tv / film so who knows how accurate that is!)... The residents probably don't have the energy to get up to all those high jinks! :p

LOL Those of us with experience living in trailer parks know there's a pretty wide spectrum of quality and amenities, but Wikipedia's example photo is actually not terribly far off the average.

Trailerpark.jpg

The piece of plum blue one on the right of that photo can actually be found in a lot of trailer parks. (The twinkle lights on the end of it are an added bonus, but also pretty common. XD) I'd guess by looking at the vehicles, the trash in the driveway, box units for A/C and rotting roofs in an area prone to rain, and the fact they're butted up against an industrial block (roof line and chimney in the background), that they're just urban poor, and that's all they could afford. Many of the residents of any given trailer court are often elderly living on fixed incomes.

As far as "retirement communities" go, they are kind of all on the same spectrum. For example, all three of these are retirement communities:

WW2_pool_pic-873x567-720x492.jpg

bigstock-Retirement-park-homes-7587070-1.jpg

magnolia-trailer-park-el-monte-ca-building-photo.jpg

Mostly, income, location, and local city codes are what determines the quality of the community.

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    That last looks like someone chopped down all the trees and paved over the dirt in the trailer park a few blocks from my house.
    image.png
    @SimsIslandheart - thanks for the input! It's really interesting.

I've actually just moved to Canada and I think there are a few trailer parks around where I live, but since we've only been here a few weeks and we don't know anyone, I haven't had a chance to see one. Didn't think they would like me wandering around in order to 'research a Sims build' haha. So I googled some pictures and based my trailers on those. I was also thinking of the campsites I used to go to with my family and our trailer (a mobile one) when I was thinking about the park.

I guess the retirees in my park are lucky enough to have a good income to rely upon! Don't have a snazzy pool like that picture you found, though, so they're obviously not the richest hehe.
    While my house isn't as bad as some others, because we have more older people than families living here, it isn't the nicest. My trailer park consists of a single dad and his daughter (who I like), I single dad (i think) and his son, a man who I rarely see, a nice older lady, a young couple, my family (me, my mom, my dad, and my 3 cats), a single grandmother and her grandson, and an old lady who gives me cookies sometimes.
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    That's interesting, @SyddyB206 - I always think of trailer parks as being big, with lots of rows of trailers! Yours sounds smaller, and it's nice that you know of all your neigbours. I have no idea about the families I live near (mind you, I have only been here three weeks :p ). I'd love a neighbour who gave me cookies sometimes!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hiya everyone! And especially the Established entrants for the Five by Five challenge #101.

Just wanted to let you know, that the judging and feedback for the Established is being worked on, but with the gallery having hick ups and now even a 48 hour down time, it is taking longer than anticipated.

I sincerely apologize for the delay, and I hope you understand, working as hard as I can on them!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    For the Bns101 for the 3 doubles and 2 singles. Do the doubles have to be separate bedrooms or just double size bed in a 1 bedroom trailer/apt?
    edited September 2018
    For the Bns101 for the 3 doubles and 2 singles. Do the doubles have to be separate bedrooms or just double size bed in a 1 bedroom trailer/apt?

@ShadowFairy74 -That question was already answered by Build-n-Share, as follows for #BNS102:

"we simply mean a trailer to house two people, rather than one single person, so for a double, you would need either two single beds or one double bed. I hope that clarifies things for you."

I think you could have 2 single beds in one room. Not much room in the trailer unless there are going to be 2 small bedrooms.

Hope that helps.
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    @SoulGal7 thank you
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #102: The Hawthrone Project (part viii)

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8B5D6E7CB08811E88FFD723CFA3504F3?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bns102&max=50&maxis=falseLOT NAME: Twin Oracle Point
    LOT COST: 8,500
    BUILD COST: 405,036
    TOTAL COST: 413,536

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157673073426658
    -> i hope this works. Turns out editong this on my phone is ridiculously complicated :/
    DETAILS: I can't believe I finished this!
    So this is my lot with retirement community trailers and me and my niece are working on filling up newcrest with just normal trailers. So one big trailer park at the end :)
    Because the Hawthrone Project requires certain things to be added I thought that the trailers probably look similar. So I designed a trailer layout. Every resident is allowed to change the floor and wall slidings/colors.

Captain Davey North and his wife Bay - Ma'am Bay, she insists - live in the first trailer. They decided to move to this trailer park after Captain North came home from sea for good. To ensure he would still feel like he is close to the ocean, Bay added water features in front of the porch. The anker next to the front door is a replica of the one from Captain Norths last ship. The couple likes to go fishing - all those fish in their kitchen are from their own collection.
    Lady Eleanor van Berger lives next door. She is originally from Great Britain, where she grew up on a large estate. The lady thought she had married advantageously, but it turned out that her husband left her in debt when he died. She sold their mansion and used the remaining funds to furnish this little trailer to her specifications. Of course, only the best for her cats!
    Mikkii is a passionate painter, but also dabbles in woodworking. He also has a slight case of dementia, so most of his art remains unfinished - like the two paintings that were supposed to go onto the kitchen wall. His daughter made sure he had a room just for his paintings and lots of easels all over the place.
    Pistol Pete is an old school cowboy, that still goes out and rides his horses. To that effect he has a personal gym in his trailer. The inside is done in lots of wood to remind him of those little shacks he used to sleep in in the field. On the outside one can clearly see that Pistol Pete is more interested in spending time with a guitar at the campfire than in gardening: lots of rocks and desert plants ensure he doesn't have to do any upkeep.
    Gnomina Meier and "that young guy" live in the trailer with, you guess it, a lot of gnomes in the front yard. Nobody knows Gnominas real name and she isn't talking about the identity of "that young guy". Trailer park residents know that there is only one bedroom in her trailer, so speculation and gossip is rife.
    Luna and Duke Havaneser are the final two residence of this part of the trailer park. They breed the little dog breed Havaneser. One can recognize their trailer mainly because of the full-blown dog agility course in their front yard. Inside their trailer there is a room just for the dogs - done in tiles so if their dogs have puppies the room is easy to clean. Luna is the one that loves the colour yellow, so that is the main one in the trailer.
    Harvey Wallbanger is the superintendent of this part of the trailer park. You can find his three flamingos in the front yard. He is barely able to keep his front porch and kitchen clean, so don't step into his bedroom/bathroom. However, he takes his lady friends into his own cinema and that usually works for impressing them. The only thing Harvey keeps in meticulous order are the residents files right next to his entrance door.

There are various public areas for older residents: a community garden, a pool with a ramp, an outside cinema and a community cafe with a coffee bar for daytime use and a dance floor for nighttime use.

Note: I playtested most of the sports/music/art items and they should all work.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    30609674048_40cd72c5a6_b.jpg
    43569426895_7a6e45934a_b.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
    edited September 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #102 - The Hawthorne Project Part VIII
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Oakenstead, Willow Creek
    LOT COST: $10K simoleons
    LOT NAME: SUNNY PALMS RV PARK
    GALLERY COST: $524,508 simoleons
    TOTAL COST: $534,508 simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/pFjA5o8
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sunny Palms RV Park is a mobile home retirement park for those sims 55+. Harvey Wallbanger was fortunate to be placed here by The Hawthorne Project after he lost his job, his apartment, well, everything. So, now he lives in his own trailer and does maintenance work for the other residents. Since coming here, he is a changed man, partly because of his great neighbors. His portion of the trailer park has 5 unique trailers, one specially designed for #simswithdisabilities. There is also a community center with an outdoor pool. The residents are all gearing up for a special event in their newly opened movies under the stars park. Harvey hopes you will be able to join them for a special dedication and rare film showing.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always welcome~thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No mods or cc. MOO and debug used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

sunny_pams_street_shot.png

best_part_of_his_entire_lot.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • FruUtterFruUtter Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats to everyone! Great 5 by 5 entries indeed! So many different and fun solutions!
    Awesome entries, guys!

@Talea12345 I loved reading your backstories for all the residents. Your landscaping is amazing - that communal garden is great. And your swimming pool has a slope - great idea!

@SoulGal7 Yours looks so bright and colourful - I can't wait to see all the pics later! I love how you've kept accessibility in mind :)
  • Cebu2coolCebu2cool Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2018
    "Create an over 55’s retirement complex on one with at least 5 units (3 doubles and 2 singles)"
    So these Units can not inter-connect?
    When I read trailers/apartments I thought otherwise and came up with this. WIP

NlOJRab.jpg

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Oh wow @Cebu2cool - that looks amazing!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top