Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets get this forum some life! (Anything Goes Sims Mobile discussion)

CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
Hello everyone!
I just wanted to create a thread for a generalized discussion on what everyones thoughts are of the game with its current state. How have you enjoyed it so far? Feel free to share your thoughts! There is no wrong comment in this thread!

Comments

• WisheeWishee Posts: 2 New Member
    I love it so far! I was wondering how popular this game is? Since this forum section is quite dead compared to the main Sims games.

Some thoughts about my sims game;
    1. I don't mind broken items (since that also happens in the Sims) but I hate it when my high quality items breaks, which costs a lot. It's almost expensive as a long career task LOL.
    2. I wish we can attend and throw more parties a week. This feature is one of my favorites of the game. Btw, I don't know if it's the new update, but for the past few days I've been only attending low level players. Most of the times they've only been able to reach level 2 :( And I tried my best to help them using my cakes too.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    Wishee wrote: »
    I love it so far! I was wondering how popular this game is? Since this forum section is quite dead compared to the main Sims games.

I'm kinda wondering the same thing also. I'm going to be checking in more periodically. Maybe it's because the number is so few it's hard to get the ball rolling with activity. The Tapped Out thread is much more lively. Maybe people need to be redirected here. The google store says there is over 400k 5 star ratings. Also that its had 10mil downloads. #2 for top free. But twitter only has 14k followers and facebook only 7k. There is no activity on the facebook account either. Maybe it's just bad communication. People should have a forums banner to join though. Maybe they should pin it to their twitter profile.
  • GG_AbernathyGG_Abernathy Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey all

Sims mobile has been my first Sims game. I tried Free Play but it was a bit too creepy and... let's say aesthetically challenged, for my tastes. Mobile is just my speed and I play it a lot.

I have searched for a lot of tips and tricks and have found this community to be helpful.

So I was playing earlier this evening, and tapped on a bed and when I selected the *RELAX WITH* option, the most peculiar screen popped up. Now, for personal reasons I don't want to go into exact detail, so I need to know if anyone else has gotten a peculiar screen with this option. I just don't like what I saw.

If anyone else gets this screen, let's discuss and speculate. If not, then I probably got a glitch, as I've experienced several of them since I've been playing.

Have a great night, all!
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    I was curious about the “Relax with” option you mentioned so I went to have a look. I had a bunch of options, including Izzy and the Grim Reaper (LOL). I couldn’t select anyone because my Sim was busy at the time.
  • TacoTaco Posts: 34 Member
    I also had various options. Shame I couldn't pick the grim reaper.
  • GG_AbernathyGG_Abernathy Posts: 7 New Member
    Okay, I saw that too. It weirded me out. I know a lot of people are clamoring for the addition of Death in this game, but I am not one of them. I guess I'm the type to get attached to my Sims. I've had 4 so far and only retired one (and my heirloom was a repeat of something I'd already had, so EW.)

I say if you want a Sims game with Death in it, stick to the original. Let the mobile versions be Death-free. What if you were in the middle of a special event and your Sim dies a tragic death. All those friendship stories, career levels under 10 would be infuriating.

Izzy as an option to relax with would be hilarious. Would he make over your bed or bedroom? Or would he make a different room in your home fabulous? I'm not gonna lie, I would love a room with fruit decor....!
  • MinaHendrixMinaHendrix Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyone had this issue? So a sim walked into my studio. He has no customizations besides a sweatshirt designed by Izzy. He has been standing in the same spot for three days. He doesn’t move... i can’t interact with him at all . I’m afraid it’s a virus or a bug. Plz help 😢
  • MinaHendrixMinaHendrix Posts: 2 New Member
    Also now one of my sims is constantly crying. Why???
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    Is anyone else consistently getting ugly low grade items from Izzy? Been playing for a while and it seems it's a lot less common now to get something decent.
  • SheezaPayneDiazSheezaPayneDiaz Posts: 240 Member
    I haven’t ever gotten anything from Izzy that is nice. I’ve had the same items over and over and usually end up destroying them. I have noticed lately he is hanging around the club. I can’t interact with him, he just stands there.
  • Ellie_McConnell70Ellie_McConnell70 Posts: 40 Member
    I've had some rubbish from Izzy and for the most part, when it started, I kept getting guys stuff and all my Sims where female lol I've only reacently added a guy!
  • BelLamelasBelLamelas Posts: 38 New Member
    > @Wishee said:
    > I love it so far! I was wondering how popular this game is? Since this forum section is quite dead compared to the main Sims games.
    >
    > Some thoughts about my sims game;
    > 1. I don't mind broken items (since that also happens in the Sims) but I hate it when my high quality items breaks, which costs a lot. It's almost expensive as a long career task LOL.
    > 2. I wish we can attend and throw more parties a week. This feature is one of my favorites of the game. Btw, I don't know if it's the new update, but for the past few days I've been only attending low level players. Most of the times they've only been able to reach level 2 :( And I tried my best to help them using my cakes too.

Agree with both items. And we get more stickers in our own parties....
  • LadyBug080808LadyBug080808 Posts: 8 New Member
    Does anyone know why I don't have the Soulmates option when starting a brand new relationship with two new Sims?
  • EloquentSickness3EloquentSickness3 Posts: 5 New Member
    One of my playable Sims went rouge , had one of my other Sims hard at work in the fashion studio the rouge was supposed to be working over at the hospital instead decided to follow the one working in the fashion studio like a shadow instead of at her job at the hospital one of the npc wives showed up just stood and stared at the two working Sims I think their plotting something on the one that works in the fashion studio
  • franrodriguezfranrodriguez Posts: 2 New Member
    I love this game so much! But, the sims mobile apknite would have been 5 stars if it wasn't for this. I had a sim that was ready to retire, and I tried to click 'Not now' but accidentally retired him. There was no warning screen and no undo button. He was the sim I mostly worked on and retired in the middle of a long shift.
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    I am mostly enjoying the game thus far. But do have a few issues.

My first one is similar to what @franrodriguez said above me:

1) I wish there was an option to cancel things after you tap on them. Or at least some verification that that's what you really want to do.
    Maybe I am the only clumsy one who accidentally taps on starting events.
    Although I do admit that sometimes I am merely being indecisive and have made a mistake once I have tapped on one of the options but then its too late to back out. I will accept that I am prob one of very few people that does this, but a cancel option would be nice.

2) I think the Sims age too quickly. I have only been playing about a week or less and already I get a memo to retire my sims. I haven't even finished a full quest line. I get that you want them to produce offspring, etc. but that's too soon. Especially when there are special events going on.

3) Quest-lines such as the ones for finding a roommate, having a child, getting married should not have time limits. People have lives and cannot always be on their phones (or tablets, which is what I use). So if we miss the finishing all of the quest-lines of to complete these events, and thus do not gain what we worked hard at, then that is very frustrating.

I have been doing the roommate quest-line, and thought I would finish on time, but there were two times where I had to wait for the next chapter to become available. When it finally did become, I was not able to jump right on it as I had other engagements and I was unable to be on my tablet/phone. So I was not able to make much needed progress when I had the time. Now I am not sure I will finish on tie and have to start over. (I hope that made sense).

I understand that part of this is a ploy to get people to spend money on the game, but for me this ends up having the opposite effect. I either become super determined NOT to spend money or I get fed up with the game and stop playing all together.

On another note, can we post links to articles on here if they are about the game itself? I came across one that made several valid points on things that aren't working in the game -things I had noticed after the first few hours of game play. Since this thread asks what are our thoughts so far, that article states better than I could my very initial thoughts on the game. But I can also see how that might not be acceptable, so thought I would just ask.
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    Hello again,

I want to balance out my complaints with some positive feedback on the game as well. There is enough negativity in the world as it is. I think the app has a lot of potential, which is also why I make an effort to comment.

I appreciate the high quality of the graphics, especially since I play on my tablet, rather than my phone. The colours are vibrant.

I find the interactions between the sims entertaining, to the point I am left with wanting more. I wasn’t expecting to care for the game. But now I’m kind of hooked and will likely eventually buy SIMS 4, as I understand there is so much more you can do with that.

I am fascinated by the stories people create about their sims. There is a deep level of investment and care of one’s sims, at least on the other versions of SIMS. Although I do see it to an extent from those using the mobile app. It is fascinating to watch the phenomena of advertising and solicitation for sims spouses on the forums. I do wish there were more player interactions in the mobile app. The game is social so it only makes sense to me that more player interaction, done right, could really bolster the experience and engagement with game even more. :)
  • maura26maura26 Posts: 2 New Member
    Maybe I’m missing it or just am not seeing it but is there a way to rearrange the furniture in your house after it’s already been placed? For SIMS mobile game. Please help! Thanks in advance!
  • neuroandproudneuroandproud Posts: 67 Member
    I love the game but I just wish there was a way to sell items that you had to have in order to level up. My first couple retired way too early (my Simself and her fiance). I'm close to marrying off the daughter of my Simself.

I love the update where you can buy other properties (I recently bought the plot that the Goth (?) {Correct me if I'm wrong about the name} family sold).

I was struggling with the extra playable character so instead of completing the mission, I used in game purchase for it.
    Kaydin/KayKay
  • JJLJJL Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi!
    Can anyone tell me how to get the mysterious benefactor to unlock? I’ve gotten through all but 2 jobs and I think maybe 2 hobbies(?) for my main Sim.
    I’d sure appreciate any help!
    Thanks!
  • CharlieDaisyCharlieDaisy Posts: 5 New Member
    That’s the heirloom for the Surgeon story, which on my game is for sale at the store right now. (May 22/20). If you decide to buy it, don’t forget to push the button twice, once to buy the tokens, and the second to cash them in for the heirloom.
    > @maura26 said:
    > Maybe I’m missing it or just am not seeing it but is there a way to rearrange the furniture in your house after it’s already been placed? For SIMS mobile game. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Yes! Just press and hold the piece and it will direct you to move it. Quick tip: often you’ll find that you’re trying to move one item and the program continuously grabs another. If you click on the camera on the lower left hand side of the screen, that view will give you much, much more precision. It really works well for trying to move tables and chairs together too.
  • MilabyMilaby Posts: 2 New Member
    I was wondering if anyone could let me know how to change where I have parties? It says I can only have them at 324 Emerald drive but I want them at Montoya. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you (:
    [b]Trouble with Pickpockets[/b]. I am having a lot of issues with bugs at my parties, including not seeing players who are announced. The last sims to come to my party were all pickpockets, sims I could not see for hours, and I had money stolen. Once I was able to see the pickpocketing sims I unfriended the player and blocked them, I’m wondering if this protects all my sims?
    Also, I called this player over afterwards as I’ve noticed pickpockets switching out that quality right after my parties. Sure enough, they had. Is this fairly common? It seems I’m being robbed at every party I attend and host now, so I’m wondering, [b]how do I protect my sims from pickpockets? [/b] How does pickpocketing work? When am I vulnerable and when not? Anyone who can fill me in on how it works I’d greatly appreciate it!
  • RazielNogitsuneRazielNogitsune Posts: 1 New Member
    I have questions and Idk where to find the answers.
    1 it says I have to throw a party or join a party to find my friends yet I find random players on the streets or in towns without using parties.
    Plus how do you send a message to people? There is a message tab but you cant do anything with it.