Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, give us a simple troubleshooting section in the forums.

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    I have written this guide for the Sims 4 section: https://t.co/j8IXBaQRMg and here's one for the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/3445107/

Link to the compiled lists are here (for bugs): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/td-p/3445209/ and https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-List-of-Build-Buy-Issues/td-p/6448814/

If you have any questions, you can ask here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946852/questions-problems-posting-at-answers-hq-ahq#latest but it would be great if they could be very specific.

I do agree that the layout is not the greatest and that it sometimes gives you errors but I've tried to address all those quirks in my guides.

The bugs forum and tech are pretty much about helping so yes, it can be cold as someone said here. It's because we want to get your issue solved as fast as possible and sometimes it's also about the sheer ground to cover (especially after releases). Game info is much chattier and you're welcome to join in there (although I think this forum is more the place for that). AHQ is really about getting you the best help you can.

The bug forum is a special place and yes, not everything is answered. But it's mainly because there's not much to say. All of your reports are read but I find it personally a bit spammy to comment on every post just to say that there's nothing to say. So I concentrate on the new stuff to answer. I'm also testing a lot of stuff and there's only so much time in one day.

I'm open to suggestions what to change. There's a specific thread for the bug forum for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Questions-and-Suggestions-about-the-bug-forum/td-p/6361358/

Also, if you have an issue, here's a troubleshooting guide which can help you solve your own issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/td-p/3621199/

Again, happy to answer your questions on how to navigate but please be specific (other than the layout, can't do much about that) what you need help with.

Hope you can all find a way to get the help you need.

It is a very BIG bug list; these are all the bugs that are still not fixed? Or all the bugs that ever existed? If they're all bugs that haven't been fixed, then it's quite a shame how many there are and there shouldn't be so many bugs in the first place. That is of course not the fault of AHQ nor it's bug help team.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    you can also just put a dot.

The sentence Provide additional information in the 'Compose field to submit our Bug Report is supposed to give you a clue.

Maybe that should be adjusted.
    Yeah I noticed that after, but it’s easy to miss or to misread as ‘compose field and submit our bug report”, especially as such “additional info” boxes are usually optional, precisely because the information asked for is additional to what is considered required. It’s also not clear, even from reading it, that not entering something will lead to a rejected report. I don’t think I’m the only one who this tripped up, as I’ve heard of a number of people who couldn’t figure out why their bug reports weren’t submitting. It would be helpful if there was an error message which told you that you had not completed a required field, or if it was asterisked as a required field.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @paradiseplanet

It's a list of everything reported that could potentially be an issue (aka, not mod related or user error)

There's a few types of issues on this list
    • Open bugs that are being worked on/looked into.
    • Very old ones that are potentially fixed but reporter has never come back to check if it is or not.
    • Issues that only one or two users had and were hard to replicate but no one has given more feedback on them. (usually tagged with needs input)
    • Issues that might be by Design. (usually tagged with unsure/unclear)
    • Issues where devs need more info (usually tagged with saves needed but I'm not too good with keeping up on those :D
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

The sentence Provide additional information in the 'Compose field to submit our Bug Report is supposed to give you a clue.

Yeah I noticed that after, but it’s easy to miss or to misread as ‘compose field and submit our bug report”, especially as such “additional info” boxes are usually optional, precisely because the information asked for is additional to what is considered required. It’s also not clear, even from reading it, that not entering something will lead to a rejected report. I don’t think I’m the only one who this tripped up, as I’ve heard of a number of people who couldn’t figure out why their bug reports weren’t submitting. It would be helpful if there was an error message which told you that you had not completed a required field, or if it was asterisked as a required field.

Yeah, I agree with you. The wording could be better. That's why I have this as a pitfall in my Bug report guide :D
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

Yeah, I agree with you. The wording could be better. That's why I have this as a pitfall in my Bug report guide :D
    Ah I see. Well anyway, this wasn’t meant as a criticism of you personally. I think you do a really admirable job. It’s just that this is probably why a lot of people are finding they can’t submit bug reports and don’t know why.
    I don't take it as criticism, no worries. I know where you're coming from. It is a pain and I'm constantly trying to give the AHQ people feedback to make it better.

The bug template is soooo insanely useful though cause you have all the information in one place and can actually help people out without having to ask if they are using mods, cause the info is there. Also, the repro steps help a lot with testing so I think it really does make people think about it more what info to give if they have a template.

I'm just trying to find out what issues people have and how to help them make it better. :D
    AHQ Tutorial

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey @Crinrict, I have some comments about the set up of bug reporting over there. Where are the bug lists for GTW? I checked to see if some things had been fixed or ever reported, and there aren't any, either way listed under GTW. I'm confused. Under the Seasons' link there are some bugs listed. But under GTW there is just the same front page of all the areas and places and instructions to report things. What happened to all the bugs reported for GTW? I can't find them.

Sorry, I had to put this here but I don't know where, (over there) I should have brought this up since I didn't see where to give you feedback about the pages.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    For those who don't feel comfortable using AHQ you might want to check out Carl's sim forum.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/

MTS also has a help section.
    http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=691
    Just be careful to search first for your problem before posting. :p

I will likely rely on Carl's because I already know how to navigate it. Twitter is a source too for short quick Q&As. Sadly though it's starting to feel to me as though the sense of community around this game is starting to dissipate. It makes me really sad.

Switching to Carl's as well. AHQ is needlessly complicated if all I want is information.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I've had issues with AHQ as well. Tried posting a bug report earlier and the 'Submit' button didn't work at all. I thought maybe I left a field blank or something, but I looked it over and saw no issues within my bug report. And if the problem was in fact on my end, it just shows how confusing and difficult to use the site can be.
    @hyrulerose I think I might know what your problem is. At first I couldn’t submit bug reports either. Then, I realised that if you don’t put something that box at the very bottom (the one where you are meant to attach extra info such as screenshots), the report will not submit.

This is the box you have to put something in or the report won't submit:
    HJwLqkt.jpg

It’s extremely annoying, especially as you are not told this is why the report isn’t submitting and because they make this box seem optional. Almost as if they want to discourage bug reports... Sneaky ;) I usually just type in the box that I have no additional information that could help - that’s enough to get the thing to submit.
    Hm... the box wasn't empty, I did put a screenshot of the bug I was reporting (it was a graphical issue) there. But I guess you must have text in that box, which is not made clear whatsoever.
    yes, unfortunately, a picture isn't' enough. It needs to be text.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hey @Crinrict, I have some comments about the set up of bug reporting over there. Where are the bug lists for GTW? I checked to see if some things had been fixed or ever reported, and there aren't any, either way listed under GTW. I'm confused. Under the Seasons' link there are some bugs listed. But under GTW there is just the same front page of all the areas and places and instructions to report things. What happened to all the bugs reported for GTW? I can't find them.

Sorry, I had to put this here but I don't know where, (over there) I should have brought this up since I didn't see where to give you feedback about the pages.

All current GTW bugs are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6374117#M67995

Looks like some of the links on that index aren't working properly. Thanks. I've fixed them.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2018
    I've had issues with AHQ as well. Tried posting a bug report earlier and the 'Submit' button didn't work at all. I thought maybe I left a field blank or something, but I looked it over and saw no issues within my bug report. And if the problem was in fact on my end, it just shows how confusing and difficult to use the site can be.
    @hyrulerose I think I might know what your problem is. At first I couldn’t submit bug reports either. Then, I realised that if you don’t put something that box at the very bottom (the one where you are meant to attach extra info such as screenshots), the report will not submit.

This is the box you have to put something in or the report won't submit:
    HJwLqkt.jpg

It’s extremely annoying, especially as you are not told this is why the report isn’t submitting and because they make this box seem optional. Almost as if they want to discourage bug reports... Sneaky ;) I usually just type in the box that I have no additional information that could help - that’s enough to get the thing to submit.
    Hm... the box wasn't empty, I did put a screenshot of the bug I was reporting (it was a graphical issue) there. But I guess you must have text in that box, which is not made clear whatsoever.

Wow, I didn’t realise a picture wouldn’t do! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll bear that in mind for future reference.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

All current GTW bugs are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/6374117#M67995

Looks like some of the links on that index aren't working properly. Thanks. I've fixed them.

Thank you!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I do understand we can no longer report issues here, that being said, the EA HQ is so incredibly hard to navigate even though I have posted there before. I am simply trying to let them know about issues in game play I am having, I do see other threads, tons of them that have never been addressed...I think the HQ site is one that your questions can very easily get lost in the mass confusion with so many complaints, and very few addressed that I can even see.

Is HQ the end of the line for issues? I mean if you can't get through to them, then I am out of options? Does the actual Executive director of EA/Maxis even care that their customers have no way to get the product that they bought in proper working condition?
    Still trying to post a question, I have everything filled out, but then you have to search for a topic, then you see this same very problem from over a year ago, and no way(that I can figure out) to ask a new question...it is literally a maze to walk through to post a questions...WOW!!!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It is really confusing. I think they changed it because the devs were only really looking at that site anyway since it’s a bit more specific. Like they can see a bit more detail with the particular bug, which helps the bug team find the issue and fix it.

If you have particular issues the best thing to do is see if someone has posted about it and then reply to that post about your issue. Then someone more likely will help you and there are awesome people on there that do help constantly. At least in my case. If you don’t see your issue obviously post a new thread, otherwise that’s not worth it as it will either get merged with an existing thread or ignored. Also always click me too in the post with the issues you are having. That helps the developers a lot so they know how many are having the issue and how important it is to fix.

Hope this info helps a little.
    edited September 2018
    Akl500P wrote: »
    It is really confusing. I think they changed it because the devs were only really looking at that site anyway since it’s a bit more specific. Like they can see a bit more detail with the particular bug, which helps the bug team find the issue and fix it.

If you have particular issues the best thing to do is see if someone has posted about it and then reply to that post about your issue. Then someone more likely will help you and there are awesome people on there that do help constantly. At least in my case. If you don’t see your issue obviously post a new thread, otherwise that’s not worth it as it will either get merged with an existing thread or ignored. Also always click me too in the post with the issues you are having. That helps the developers a lot so they know how many are having the issue and how important it is to fix.

Hope this info helps a little.

Wow, really nothing should be that difficult. I have everything filled out and they will let me preview it but no button to publish the question. That was 30 minutes I will never get back...they have over 114 pages of bug reports and game play issues, some from years ago and I have to sift through all of those to report an issue in 2018..what a bizarre plan of action lol, thank you so much though!

*edit finally let me publish it, even the site to report bug issues is laggy lol, I had to wait a few minutes and then I had the option to publish, I imagine that 114 pages of bug reports would be in the thousands if it were easier to use lol
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I haven't posted anything there yet but I remember googling for all kinds of TS4 bugs/issues and top results were always the EA Answers HQ. Unfortunately it was always the same reply everyone got and then the rest was ignored and the thread just abandoned. Can't remember a single time this site helped me. At least here on the official forums some other users could confirm they had the same issues or even had some good ideas to try.
    I haven't posted anything there yet but I remember googling for all kinds of TS4 bugs/issues and top results were always the EA Answers HQ. Unfortunately it was always the same reply everyone got and then the rest was ignored and the thread just abandoned. Can't remember a single time this site helped me. At least here on the official forums some other users could confirm they had the same issues or even had some good ideas to try.

That's very true. I have posted there, and then they combined my question with a similar question, but never EVER fixed the issue. So this is what happens, we can't post in here no more(if you don't mention it, it doesn't exist type of mentality, IMO) and over in HQ your issue will get lost in the mass confusion of issues! No help on weekends at all...what kind of company works like that? I guess I am just so disappointed and frustrated that it seems like those of us having issues really have no where to turn..Just a very frustrating situation. I don't know if I should just take off all my additions and just have the basegame.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It would be good to give it time. If people actually go report their bugs perhaps they will be addressed sooner. It sounds like it's more in line with finding a solution to me.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    It would be good to give it time. If people actually go report their bugs perhaps they will be addressed sooner. It sounds like it's more in line with finding a solution to me.

That's true, and I am basically at their mercy for a fix but I did report the issues I am having. All I can do is not sink anymore money into this game. I LOVE this game and just want it to work like it used to at one time so long ago :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I hope it works out for you. Whenever I had a bug I'd go start a thread in the old bug section.. then someone would usually dig up the information for me to go report it. I have to learn how to use this new process too. Maybe it will get easier.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I hope it works out for you. Whenever I had a bug I'd go start a thread in the old bug section.. then someone would usually dig up the information for me to go report it. I have to learn how to use this new process too. Maybe it will get easier.

I surely hope it will get easier, thank you for your thoughts!
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I find it confusing as well. I can't seem to use it and find using the forums for bugs helped me a lot more than using the answers as most of the time no one responded to comments. It has put me off using the site and despite all the bugs I just get on with them.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
    I find it confusing as well. I can't seem to use it and find using the forums for bugs helped me a lot more than using the answers as most of the time no one responded to comments. It has put me off using the site and despite all the bugs I just get on with them.

Really our hands are tied in this situation, I will continue to try to find a fix or move on to something else....when something is no longer fun because of problems then I need to find something else. House Flipper looks fun ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top