Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eva and Elias - A Medieval Sims 3 Story

PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
eva.png
eande.jpg

Growing up in the medieval era was hard. Especially given the fact that nearly 50% of medieval children died in early childhood. Eva and Elias are two peasant children and next door neighbours. Elias lives in a fantasy world of dragons and knights. Eva is more realistic and caring. Together the two of them must do their best to make it to adulthood and find a way to live a better quality of life. They have been together since the day they met, are they fated to be together until the day they must part?

Introduction
Gen 1 Chapter One - Dragons and Snowmen
Gen 1 Chapter Two - Parents and Marriage
Gen 1 Chapter Three - Surprises and Siblings
Gen 1 Chapter Four - Sermons and Siblings
Gen 1 Chapter Five - Sickness Strikes
Gen 1 Chapter Six - Hugs and Harvests
Gen 1 Chapter Seven - Taverns and Treasure
Post edited by PurpleThistles on

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Just read Chapter one and I love the relationship between Eva and Elias. What hard lives they have but they have each other and I can see that Elias has big dreams for the future. I just realized it is after 11 here so I better sleep but I will read the next chapter with my morning coffee. Great start to your story :)
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Thank you Mikezumi, I’m letting the game lead and writing the story around the pictures I take. Have a good sleep!
    @frasersim I see you have added more chapters! I have read Chapter two but the others will have to wait until I find time.

Seraphine is very pretty! I am sure Eva will also grow up well :)
    Eva is a very mature girl for her age with her views on love, marriage and responsibility.
    How sweet she wants to buy Elias a birthday present!
    Poor Elias doesn't have it good at home :(
    At least Seraphine and Eva dote on him :)
    Awwww baby chicks would cheer anyone up!
    Oh! Eva's too young to be dreaming about weddings!
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for the comments Mikezumi, I typed out a longer reply but it didn’t post it properly!

EVa is a coward, the closest trait where the idles show her irrational fears. She is always worrying about something, unless she is with Elias! In the medieval era, women were very much expected to keep house and obey men, I imagine Eva would have been brought up with that view point.

Elias is quite head strong, I gave him the rebellious trait for this. In the medieval era, the crusades were under way and I imagine a lot of young boys liked the thought of riding into a battle of some sort! I love that his icons are often dragons, castles and knights. They are both teens now and the traits they were given for a poor education were very fitting! Eva got ambitious and Elias got charismatic! Her first thought bubble as a teen was a part time job, Elias was a treasure chest haha!

Anyways, I’m glad you enjoyed the first couple of chapter!
    @frasersim What a coincidence that their mothers are expecting babies at the same time! I wonder if these kids will be friends too :)
    Poor Eva worrying about whether there will be enough food for all :(
    Will read another chapter in the morning. Happy simming :)
    I have story progression and also risky woohoo turned on as of course there was no real contraception! Woohoo is also autonomous so it really was purely coincidence! As was it being a boy and a girl. It will be interesting to see what happens as time goes by! Story progression may very well find Elias a wife, hows that for an arranged marriage!
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Ooh I love this! I've always been fascinated by the medieval era and am looking forward to seeing how things play out.

Also I read this while listening to the Sims Medieval soundtrack :p
    Same here afai1261, I think a lot of people have rather a romantic view of the medieval period, the beautiful dresses of the noble women, knights riding off to fight, royal families etc. Whilst it looks like Eva and Elias is shaping up to be a love story, I am trying to include the less romantic side of the middle ages. When the village was hit with dysentery, my sims were pretty much unable to function for nearly 7 whole sim days! I'm not sure where I hope the story heads, knowing the sims, it wont be the direction I would choose anyways!
    @frasersim So sweet that Eva is worried about Elias' soul. I am not a religious person but it doesn't hurt to have God on one's side ;)
    Lady Adrianna must be a good woman!
    How lovely that Elias and Eva's mothers gave birth to a boy and a girl! It's always good to have kids of the same age around for friends :)
    Oh no! I do hope that Elias gets through his illness!

What a relief that no-one died! I was sitting on the edge of my chair while reading, worried for Elias and Eva and their families!

Elias must be growing up! He's obviously thinking of Eva in a different way now. So sweet!
    Eva is lucky to have such a good family and I am sure they appreciate her hard work.
    Poor Elias :( His household must be a tense place for a child!

Wow! They are teens now!
    Their families couldn't be any different! It's good that Eva aspires to a marriage like her parents. I wonder if Elias will be the one? Then again, I do worry that he likes the drink a little much!
    I imagine Eva is nearly (if she isn't already) considered to be old enough to marry.