Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing pre-made and saving pre-made worlds

Hello again!

Back with two more questions on CAW. First of all is it possible to edit pre-made worlds that are shipped by EA and made by other users in CAW? I have no intention of uploading anyone else's work, just wanting to know if it's possible to get them in CAW to add edits.

And second, is it possible to save a world with new lots and possibly sims to behave as the regular world when loading in a new game? Because I'm currently playing with Aluna Island and I intend to fill all the lots, would it be possible to save the now full world so when starting a new game I get the populated one rather than an empty that has to be refilled manually?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi :)

The information is out there. Plus, they have a site so you can ASK for their world files.
    You'll have to learn how to add Sims to CAW and build all of it.
    (it's much easier for you to ask for the files or search for the answers)

It'd be easier for you to make a Save of the World in game with the edits, then make it a back up for when you want to play it.
    If you didn't want to share it, there's no big need in editing someone's world in CAW.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited August 2018
    Google Cawster and http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Get+A+Downloaded+World+Into+CAW
    I edit every custom world I've ever downloaded. I fix broken routing, take out extra street lights and street signs or move them off the roads, take out jillions of trees and bushes, redo roads so they make sense, recolor terrain painting, move lots around or make space for my own favorites, etc, etc.

No offense to any world creator - I just like adding my own personal touches. I never "reshare" these worlds as they are for my own use and how I like to play. And I find it very very fun to do!
    edited August 2018
    My roads make sense. I hope you don't download my worlds. I find it rude to do without asking. Especially since I shared the empty versions to edit- and add all your own lots.
    It's a lot of hard world to start from the beginning- which I guess you could do if you only tried. @KatyFernlily
    Why don't you do your own worlds?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Rflong7
    Your worlds are some of my favorites.I rarely ever have any issues with them and so much space to add other lots in.I don't see the need or understand why someone would need to go about editing it and changing it.Why download a world if you're just gonna change it.Just build your own the way you want is how I see it.
    edited August 2018
    @Rflong7
    Your worlds are some of my favorites.I rarely ever have any issues with them and so much space to add other lots in.I don't see the need or understand why someone would need to go about editing it and changing it.Why download a world if you're just gonna change it.Just build your own the way you want is how I see it.

Thanks @Springfairy556 That's so sweet. :cookie:

I don't mind people removing all the lots I built *(I Love Seeing what people do with the words I create even removing the lots).
    I don't mind them using the empty versions to add their own lots; to use the in game editors to edit the trees and lights.
    I have even let others upload their versions of my world After they asked. It's no big deal to give the creator a little recognition. That's all it is- let us feel our months of creating, testing, redoing and planning for not only every lot, road, and tree- but to know that anyone feels pride in tearing them apart in CAW and thinking it's 'making it their own by Fixing it" is insulting and always, not matter how many years I hear it, it always makes me sad (and maybe a little angry). 8 months I spent on one world and someone thinks they can make it their own. :lol:
    No, you can't. It's my imagination.
  • figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    Thanks for all the responses guys! Wasn't able to get on earlier than I expected and thanks for the advice on what to do. And do you have a link to your worlds @Rflong7? I'd love to see them, but as for editing the only one I really want to sit down and work on is one that has been left in a very pre-release and beta state so I want to make it a livable world. Once again though thanks for all the help!
    Advice on what to do? Make your own world. Learn to use CAW for your own worlds- it's more fun that way.

No, my worlds are just out there being good little worlds. No need to see them now.
    edited August 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    My roads make sense. I hope you don't download my worlds. I find it rude to do without asking. Especially since I shared the empty versions to edit- and add all your own lots.
    It's a lot of hard world to start from the beginning- which I guess you could do if you only tried. @KatyFernlily

I don't download your worlds - as I already know how you feel about this even tho you say "(I Love Seeing what people do with the words I create even removing the lots)."

I don't make my own worlds because I work 2 jobs and have limited time.

I would suggest if you do not want people editing your work, don't offer them for download.

@figureitout01 https://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Rflong7&assetType=world

edited August 2018

I don't download your worlds - as I already know how you feel about this even tho you say "(I Love Seeing what people do with the words I create even removing the lots)."

I would suggest if you do not want people editing your work, don't offer them for download.

@figureitout01 https://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Rflong7&assetType=world

Oh, never thought of that, @KatyFernlily :mask:
    Editing the worlds is not the same as opening them with S3pe and "making it your own." You have enough time to take a world in CAW and edit it to what you think it should be, you have time to create in CAW. It's the same thing. :lol:

Also- very rude. I'm sure if they needed to find my worlds they could have looked there. :-1:
    I never said that I edit worlds "to make them my own". In fact, I consider every world an original creation by the person who made it - I leave the world itself intact. What I edit is just fluff that I like to have or not have in my game. For example, I almost always add a waterfall somewhere if a world doesn't have one to begin with. And street lights on roads...no thanks.

I don't think you should be offended if someone wants to shift things around in one of your creations - you should be flattered that they find your work good enough to download to begin with! And once again - I DO NOT download YOUR worlds.

I don't share my edits or post pictures of them anywhere. I'm the only one that knows I edited anything unless of course I tell someone.
    I never said that I edit worlds "to make them my own". In fact, I consider every world an original creation by the person who made it - I leave the world itself intact. What I edit is just fluff that I like to have or not have in my game. For example, I almost always add a waterfall somewhere if a world doesn't have one to begin with. And street lights on roads...no thanks.

I don't think you should be offended if someone wants to shift things around in one of your creations - you should be flattered that they find your work good enough to download to begin with! And once again - I DO NOT download YOUR worlds.

I don't share my edits or post pictures of them anywhere. I'm the only one that knows I edited anything unless of course I tell someone.

It's not "fluff." It's the world. I just don't see what the big deal is in making your own. You think you know about fixing broken routing and remove jillions of trees and making sense of roads, then do your own world- is my Philosophy. I believe you'll get more joy and satisfaction from the accomplishment of your own world.
    My roads make sense- and anyone who makes a world, they love their "fluff."

I'm not flattered unless they ask. That takes courtesy and appreciation of the creator/creation by the person.
    edited August 2018
    I'm sure you've downloaded a lot and redid the thing how you wanted to. It's the same thing.

Oh wait, I'm sure you only make your own lots.
    Whatever...

Most creators allow people to modify their creations freely as long as they are not uploaded to paysites or claimed to be the work of the person doing the modifying.

You get upset very easily so I will not make any further comments.
    edited August 2018
    I'm sure you've downloaded a lot and redid the thing how you wanted to. It's the same thing.

Oh wait, I'm sure you only make your own lots.
    Whatever...

You get upset very easily so I will not make any further comments.

You assume too much, I don't get mad easily. I also have edited a few wallpapers in a download lot. :lol:

Most lots are mine in TS2/TS3, never downloaded a lot in TS4. I've downloaded a few that are Awesome and didn't need any changes. Thing is, in game edits are fine- as I said. Use the in game editor, use the downloaded CAW files which have been* shared. Just don't believe everyone thinks they should be flattered because you (3rd person) had to open a world with a 3rd party program to "Have fun."

There are So many people who help others make their own worlds, so much information to make your own... is my point and I've helped so many to do it. I enjoy helping.
    Don't get so defensive because you found out it's not a nice thing to do unless you've asked the creator or they've said they don't mind. :confused:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

Wow, how unbelievably freaking rude.

Especially to someone who is always quite willing to take their own worlds into CAW to make changes if someone asks them, rather than encourage others to open other people's work, and rip it apart in CAW without provided CAW files.
    It's because of people like you saying dumb things like that, that we lose creators in the sims community.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Most creators allow people to modify their creations freely as long as they are not uploaded to paysites or claimed to be the work of the person doing the modifying.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, when a person's only TOU is that they kindly ask that their creations not be cracked open with 3rd party programs and edited, then a little bit of respect for said term should probably be adhered to, regardless of what "most creators" are doing or saying.
    If "most creators" were jumping off cliffs, does that mean everyone else should too?
    Edit - There is a big song and dance about paying attention to creators terms of use in this community. Clearly it seems that some people think it only applies when it suits them.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited August 2018
    EA's TOU regarding User-generated content:

ELECTRONIC ARTS
    USER AGREEMENT
    Last Updated: May 17, 2018

5. Your UGC

You are responsible for your UGC. You may not upload UGC that infringes a third party's intellectual property rights or that violates the law, this Agreement or a third party's right of privacy or right of publicity.

EA may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit or disable UGC for any reason, including if EA reasonably determines that UGC violates this Agreement. EA does not assume any responsibility or liability for UGC, for removing it, or not removing it or other Content. EA does not pre-screen all UGC and does not endorse or approve any UGC available on EA Services.

When you contribute UGC, you grant to EA, its licensors and licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display or otherwise transmit and communicate the UGC, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party. You also grant all other users who can access and use your UGC on an EA Service the right to use, copy, modify, display, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise communicate and distribute your UGC on or through the relevant EA Service without further notice, attribution or compensation to you.
    edited August 2018
    EA's TOU regarding User-generated content:

ELECTRONIC ARTS
    USER AGREEMENT
    Last Updated: May 17, 2018

5. Your UGC

You are responsible for your UGC. You may not upload UGC that infringes a third party's intellectual property rights or that violates the law, this Agreement or a third party's right of privacy or right of publicity.

EA may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit or disable UGC for any reason, including if EA reasonably determines that UGC violates this Agreement. EA does not assume any responsibility or liability for UGC, for removing it, or not removing it or other Content. EA does not pre-screen all UGC and does not endorse or approve any UGC available on EA Services.

When you contribute UGC, you grant to EA, its licensors and licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, worldwide, sublicensable license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display or otherwise transmit and communicate the UGC, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party. You also grant all other users who can access and use your UGC on an EA Service the right to use, copy, modify, display, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise communicate and distribute your UGC on or through the relevant EA Service without further notice, attribution or compensation to you.

2018- made for TS4. :lol: Back in the day for TS3 CAW... it was different.

Thank you for respecting my views/creations- as you say. :lol:

-This isn't a new argument nor the first time someone has tossed the old thing up. Still, it shows the core of a person in how they respect others.
    *Plus, EA would remove any reuploaded worlds that people copied when reported for stealing- which shows how they did view it. It's all in how you see it- asking, respecting, or just not telling people what you're doing.

Happy Simming. :mrgreen:
    Actually, I found that agreement on the Sims 3 website - down at the very bottom.
    Actually, I found that agreement on the Sims 3 website - down at the very bottom.

Of course, the link would be updated. :mrgreen:

And as I said many, many times. Take my worlds into the Game and edit them to your hearts content. Make them the way you all want... there are tools in the game. The game. :lol:

Opening a world without permission- is on the one who opens it. Plus, if you're noticing errors and mistakes but not sharing them with the builder, well, that's not very friendly. They might think they have it done well. I owe a LOT of gratitude to people who tested and shared their findings of my errors. It made the CAW experience so much more rich.

When you want to learn about CAW and how to make your own world, there are many Wonderful people here who are willing to help you.

Happy Simming! :mrgreen: