Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All these danged calls about new friends... Oh gawd please make them stop

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    The absolutely worst part about this feature is when someone texts to your sim to say "I heard you became good friends with your child / parent, he/she is really cool!". Stalker much? Stop watching my family pls :joy:

This and the fact that when you ask sim parents about their kids or familiy members through the "ask about other sim" option and get "he / she is really cool" (as if they were some people they met at a bar) are honestly two features I'd scrap / completely change in an instant if it were up to me :D

I mean, how hard is it to code in an answer specific for family members? "X is my child / mother / grandfather ... they are [insert text based on current / parenthood relationship with sim]"?? But yes, back to the feature in the OP: these messages are indeed entirely ridiculous. And I wouldn't miss them one bit if they were gone :D

All of this!!! I hate that so much. Or a current or even former lover texting about your sim's new love interest is also super weird.

I don't mind the other friend texts. Kicking your game out of fastest speed mode? Only takes a second to change it back- not a big deal really.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Their phones need the ability to be shut off like I do my real phone when I go to bed. Give us shut offs with maybe a messenger service they can leave a message if they call after the sim has shut off the phone.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    or when your sims get calls from toddlers to congratulate them on their new friendship... it's just weird. please fix this EA
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    or when your sims get calls from toddlers to congratulate them on their new friendship... it's just weird. please fix this EA

Especially since, as the game tells you when it sends death calls to your toddler and you try to answer the call -- your toddler doesn't have a phone!
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Hint/Tip: There is something you can do without using a mod to stop calls from kicking your game out of the fastest speed mode. If you 'silence' your Sims phones, when they get a call while they're sleeping in speed 3 mode, any calls they recieve will NOT kick them into speed 1. If I remember correctly it was @Cupid who provided this wonderful tip in another thread quite awhile ago. :) My apologies for tagging you Cupid if it wasn't you.

EDIT: Credit for Tip to @Chazzzy

Ahhh - this has been very helpful. That was my biggest issue with the constant calls - I'd go into fast mode while my Sims were doing something repetitive, and suddenly the game would be crawling because a Sim had a call. I'd refuse the call and kick the game back up to fast, and the same Sim would call again. Silencing the phones has fixed this - they still get the calls, but they no longer interrupt my game play.
    I just want things to match. :'(