Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angling items other than staright or 45 degrees?

IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 2
So I was decorating the plain old base game dorm rooms in uni, and I like to make a bit of clutter, so I use the snapedges and moveobjects on cheats almost all the time. Now ik about the 45 degree rotation cheat, but I wanna be able to rotate furniture in a way other than 90 and 45 degrees like in the sims 3 for all of u that play it when u hold alt or shift (I forgot cuz long time no play), so is there a cheat, a way or a mod for that. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with this, since the internet shows nothing except the 45degrees. So yea, and sorry about my informal way of writing. just used to it. Thank you in advance!
Post edited by Iceey on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    It's not 60 it's 45. ETA: I meant to add you can leave the cheat on all the time and turn it with the arrows or comma and or period. Same difference. But sometimes it causes doors, curtains etc. not to place so I turn it off when I'm done.

ETA: If not aware you can hold a chair with the finger on left button and push on wheel and rotate without using the keyboard, but I don't know of a mod that can do this for TS2. Maybe someone else does.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    @Cinebar

Whoops, that 60 instead of 45 was indeed the dumbest mistake I could've ever made 100 times on a row. Thanks for pointing it out ^-^

Well 🐸🐸🐸🐸, was hoping there was a way, cuz some things look better slightly tilted (and clutters). I just started playing last year after a bunch of years without playing so I forgot a lot. Well, thank you very much nonetheless. Appreciate it :smile:
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    What do you mean by tilted? Like items laying around at a angle? Like on their side or leaning against things or tipped over? There are OMSP's for that. If you just mean being able to turn at anything other then the standard or 45 cheat, then nope.
    @JULES1111

Awwww, well then ig I will have to get used to it. Ty nonetheless :smile:
    If you build a lot with the cheat enabled and place some things at the angle then turn it off and load that lot to bin, or play it, later if you use that lot in bin the cheat is still enabled and you can continue to place things at an angle, like if you want to move the chair at the angle it will still be able to move it around in that angle position. Hope that all makes sense.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Ye it does make sense a lot. Thank u very much. Didn't know that.
    edited September 2018
    Ye it does make sense a lot. Thank u very much. Didn't know that.

I also have a bunch of OMSPs which some allow for a backward tilt (like leaning) but I can't remember where I got them. And a huge amount of broken furniture, turned over furniture etc. Of all types. If I remember what site I got this stuff I will post back if I don't get distracted today. lol

These are not the ones I have, but some of these allow for you to turn over furniture etc. and tilt things backwards not sure if Sims can interact with an object if you have used these to tilt them or turn them upside down. Make sure to read all the instructions.

http://modthesims.info/d/317716
    Thank you very much. Will look into them. Glad to know that, since these past few months been playing ts2 quite a bit and I'm still learning of it, even tho I played it before, but that was as a kid so XDDD

I will need to look into the forums for one more problem I have, since after many fixes my game finally doesn't crash at all so gotta have that perfect game.
  • NiqueseyNiquesey Posts: 5 New Member
    I use Anoeska's "Object Rotators"; they rotate an object 5 degrees. Place the appropriate rotator down, put you item on top of the rotator and while the object is selected- press the "m" key.

Found at the Sims Resource.