Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss being able to talk about the up coming packs

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

The first item I found peculiar was the "Meor Myson Towel Rack." I thought this was a sure sign that cars were on the way, but what I found later proved even more obvious. The towel rack seemed very random, although I do see how towels can relate to seasons. The description mentions messes (I think perhaps an allusion to oil spills) and the towel itself is white and sports a black and white checker pattern (alluding to the famous checkered flag used in automobile racing I do believe). Also the name "Meor Myson," breaks apart to "me or my son." Not that I support gender stereotypes but cars have historically been one of those quizzical father-son things.[/b]"

The meor myson was a reference to a meme. "Don't talk to me or my son ever again" or something like that.
    Not everybody does the social media thing. I don't do any of it, and have no idea what 'twitch' even is, other than an unpleasant bodily reaction to something. If I remember correctly, livestreams are done in the afternoon, not so good for those of us who work for a living. Or live in a time zone different than southern CA. If they are truly interested in open communication then they need to do it on this site where we all can get the information regardless of our schedules or place of residence.

The twitch vods can be watched after they are streamed so if you missed it then you can just watch in our own time. Plus when someone posts a link to the stream if you click on it, it takes you straight to the stream and you don't have to sign up or anything.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    some people just want news about the game they don't like watching other people play it and I think they should be able to get news with out all that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    so what do you think guys will we get some dlc news today

Why today? Is there something special about today?

Teaser trailers generally come on Mondays and Wednesdays with the full blown trailer releasing the next day.

But they don't do teasers anymore so why expect something that they said will not happen. It's a waste of my time to "wish" for things that they don't do anymore.

They still do teasers for pack trailers. I'm not talking about quarterly teasers.

I wouldn't expect any teaser for any pack until November when we normally get a pack for Black Friday.

I dont think it will be that long. I expect Late August or September.

So they would have nothing to offer on the biggest sales day of the year? That's crazy.

They probably will release a pack in fall and one for Black Friday. I can't see them going 6 months with only one paid DLC.

Black Friday is in the fall. Are you suggesting that they will release two packs at one time? That's even more crazy than not releasing anything on the biggest sales day of the year. "Let's cut our chance of a huge BF score by releasing another pack just days before BF. Who knows, maybe people will spend a lot of hard earned money on both." I just don't see that happening.

You're right black Friday is in fall. But regardless I wasn't saying they would release two things at once. I meant that one comes in early fall and something later on.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    You appear to be forgetting that the devs said there will be quarters with no DLC. It would be marketing madness to do that in Q4 as that is the holiday shopping season, so Q3 is the likely one. We got free stuff in an update, so be content with what we have.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    edited August 2018
    You appear to be forgetting that the devs said there will be quarters with no DLC. It would be marketing madness to do that in Q4 as that is the holiday shopping season, so Q3 is the likely one. We got free stuff in an update, so be content with what we have.

Why should paying customers just be "content" if we think the company is doing a poor job? Without us, EA would not be able to develop another game. Some people don't like the "free stuff" that came with the update.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It's a new week so I have to wonder if were getting any kind of Sims 4 announcement this week and that includes console as well.
  • Options
    i hope so
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's a new week so I have to wonder if were getting any kind of Sims 4 announcement this week and that includes console as well.

Nah, they will probably wait until Sept. on the Maxis monthly interview show.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

Nah, they will probably wait until Sept. on the Maxis monthly interview show.

Well I hope it isn't that long in September when that takes place. On the console front I'm hoping the big update coming will get a release date this week and I'm also hoping a new pack for the consoles will be announced with it.

Update
    We just got an official announcement on Twitter from TheSims that Get Together is releasing on Consoles Sep 11th. Atleast that's something.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I miss it too. I am a planner when it comes to the Sims. I like to think out the next generation and knowing what is coming plays a big part of that. The next generation has been started and some are children and I want to know if I should slow things down because we are getting university, stay the same because the next pack is of no interest or speed things up because a new honeymoon destination maybe added. This has been the worse, the not knowing.

In sims 2 we got the flyer so it was easier to plan. In sims 3, we were talking and planning all day every day between expansions, new worlds, premium store content, stuff packs, etc.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I don't use twitter or twitch so I am completely left in the dark about things. Which is not fair even if we are a small group who don't use both platforms so now I have to rely on simmers here who do have that stuff and will make posts up here but sometimes I end up missing them because of other posts.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I keep thinking if anything was close to coming out the devs would have gone to Gamescom to show it off - so my guess is mid October at the earliest before we learn anything. Maybe an sp to hold us over but even that doesn't feel promising since reactions to the last sp.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I keep thinking if anything was close to coming out the devs would have gone to Gamescom to show it off - so my guess is mid October at the earliest before we learn anything. Maybe an sp to hold us over but even that doesn't feel promising since reactions to the last sp.

If the SP is Pool Stuff it will be pretty satisfying.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

What would you like in a Pool Pack?

I'd like a swim-up bar. A second story curved slide that can attach to a house/building. Water games like Marco Polo and holding your breath. A water air mattress to sun bath on while floating. A hammock for two. One of those big swans to ride. Water basketball. An inner tube. Noodles for kids.

It would also be great if we could challenge other sims (I'm thinking mostly kids) to a race and dive in and race back and forth. The winner could be determined by athletic skill.
  • Options

I'd like a swim-up bar. A second story curved slide that can attach to a house/building. Water games like Marco Polo and holding your breath. A water air mattress to sun bath on while floating. A hammock for two. One of those big swans to ride. Water basketball. An inner tube. Noodles for kids.

It would also be great if we could challenge other sims (I'm thinking mostly kids) to a race and dive in and race back and forth. The winner could be determined by athletic skill.

Everything you mentioned plus Pool Waterfalls. Hammocks would probably come in a Tropical Beach Based Gamepack.
  • Options

pool party event
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member

I hope so. Or maybe it's an expansion pack?
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I hope so. Or maybe it's an expansion pack?

Since SimGuruNinja works on Game Packs, I assume it'd be that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, a game pack is pretty much confirmed. He wouldn't tease the pack of a different team. Why do that when you can show off your own creations? :p

Looks like a "casual" game pack. That green shirtvis also new I think.
  • Options
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Yes, a game pack is pretty much confirmed. He wouldn't tease the pack of a different team. Why do that when you can show off your own creations? :p

Hope it's beach or romance themed.
  • Options
    Brindleton wrote: »

the shirt is from jungle adventure @Brindleton
  • Options
    maybe its a fame pack big hair goes with singers
  • Options
    maybe its a fame pack big hair goes with singers

Or a romance pack.