Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Raining too much

For the most part I'm really loving Seasons, but I'm really getting tired of it raining ALL the time. I feel like my sims can never enjoy the outdoors anymore because it's raining or there are thunderstorms so often. What's bugging me the most is when summer finally does roll around, it's still raining and there are still thunderstorms. I want to use my pool and have the kids run around outside in the summer... Has anyone else noticed this and are bothered?
giphy.gif

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Yeah, I hate it when it rains in most of the worlds at the same time, but you can manipulate the weather with the Dr. June’s weather machine. I placed them in the parks in each world.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2018
    Which world do you play in? I play in Windenburg and the weather is pretty balanced there. It rained once in the summer and a couple of times in spring and autumn. Only two-three thunderstorms throughout the whole year. I play with 14 day season length.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It varies, just like in real life. I've had winters in Newcrest with 'deep' snow almost the entire week, and winters with only one decent snow. Sometimes, you hit the jackpot and get several days of thunderstorms in a row, and sometimes, you hardly get any. You can disable thunderstorms in the options menu - at least temporarily, if you're getting tired of them, and then turn them back on later.

Personally, I kind of like the challenge - my Sims' lives are very scripted, since I play with autonomy off, but I don't mess with the weather, allowing some quirks into my evil design for my Sims.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • xKELLYLOUISExxKELLYLOUISEx Posts: 19 Member
    Since the new update, Every world I play in I seem to be stuck with the same weather! mysterious weather or sun/hot. It’s quite annoying! Does anyone else have this issue? I’ve tried repairing the game many times, don’t play with mods etc so I’m not sure what else to do?
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I have to agree with the raining. It is getting a bit annoying and my game crashes when my sim chooses a job, then modeling/fashion. Everything from there starts to get wonky. I tried to post in the technical issue forum, but for some reason I can't. I hope someone reads this and can offer some advice.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The weather machine is your answer. With the appropriate upgrades you can adjust the frequency of desired weather by season. So, for example, it will still rain, but not nearly as often. Or it will rain a lot more, but not every day. Or it will snow a lot. You also don't need to leave it on the lot. use it and then drop it back into the household inventory. The weather will be set for that world for the season.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm sending my sims on vacation today so I'm going to try to disable the rain in game options just to see how it goes. It was kind of hard last time when it was rainy half the time in summer.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    I have to agree with the raining. It is getting a bit annoying and my game crashes when my sim chooses a job, then modeling/fashion. Everything from there starts to get wonky. I tried to post in the technical issue forum, but for some reason I can't. I hope someone reads this and can offer some advice.

From what I've read around the forums people have been having a hard time with custom careers & custom traits since the Seasons patch & the subsequent patches. Do you have the most updated version of the mod?
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    I've gotten so tired of all the rain and reactions that I've disabled rain in my game. In RL, I LOVE a good thunderstorm but I also like sunshine and fair days in balance.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    I don't have problems with it raining too much unless I'm in Selvadora in the winter. My sims chose it for their honeymoon destination to escape the snow and it rained everyday they were there. I chalked it up to being monsoon season.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well I did disable rain for my sims vacation and it was nice. I forget how much I miss "good" weather. Not sure I'll enable for it a bit. Maybe I'll wait to get sick of nice weather lol.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I played seasons for a sim week in summer. 2 of the days had thunderstorms and 4 of the days had rain. I'm in Brindleton but it does not feel like summer to me. It's annoying. I got a weather machine but it fails like 70% of the time. I don't have the handiness to upgrade and it's not within my sims characteristic to have any handiness skill. I wish you could just manually tone it down in the settings.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm not too bothered about thunderstorms and rain. They relax me.
  • KatieGKatieG Posts: 54 Member
    It's constantly thunderstorming in my game, too! It bugs me when it's time to walk the dog, or when my sims can't play in the pool during summer. I had a mod that was supposed to balance the weather but then it almost never rained, and I do quite like rain, so I deleted it and decided to just deal with it. :| It would be nice if we could tone it down in settings like Elleysims said above.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes I think you can turn off thunderstorms and snow. That should greatly help out with your game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I love it. The seasons are treated really differently in each city in my game. Some have a lot of rain and others not as much. It’s kind of neat and prompts me to come up with other activities once in a while instead of relying on the same old game play patterns that I always lean towards.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    edited August 2018
    Since my boys live in Oasis Springs I quite enjoy the rain when they go out in other towns. One loves it a bit too much, however. I purposely sent them to Granite Falls simply to see thunderstorms and the like. Unfortunately they're stupid and keep going outside to play horseshoes or go fishing in the rain and the one got hit by lightning because of this. He refused to listen to me telling him to go home so yeah. I wouldn't think Sims would keep heading outside to do dumb stuff in the rain unless you told them to. I would have thought they'd avoid going out and getting wet and especially not be playing games. Even their fox has more sense than that and she won't go outside. Pfft...still, I am enjoying the rain a lot and hope to enjoy snow as much when that rolls around.
  • MissBlackwoodMissBlackwood Posts: 63 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Which world do you play in? I play in Windenburg and the weather is pretty balanced there. It rained once in the summer and a couple of times in spring and autumn. Only two-three thunderstorms throughout the whole year. I play with 14 day season length.

Right now, I'm in Brindleton Bay. I'm going to try the weather machine and see if that helps. I don't hate the rain and thunderstorms. I actually love them, just not in summer. I'm from California, so this is not realistic weather to me, lol.
    giphy.gif

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member

Right now, I'm in Brindleton Bay. I'm going to try the weather machine and see if that helps. I don't hate the rain and thunderstorms. I actually love them, just not in summer. I'm from California, so this is not realistic weather to me, lol.

And anything in the Sims is? lol
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

Isn't Brindleton Bay based on the north east coast of the us though? I'm Swedish and haven't lived in the US at all, but based on my experience of living in a city close to the coast where it's also a bit colder, and my understanding of us geography, I'd say the weather is pretty accurate. I wish we could customise the weather a bit more though, I understand if you don't want to play as if it is the east coast.
  • caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    I understand the frustration, Brindleton Bay has the most intense weather with almost no sun (thunder, blizzards) buuuut that isn't every sim year. Some sim years it will only rain once or snow once in an entire season when for others you will almost never see the sun.. Some years you get heatwaves from spring till fall in windenburg (it happened to be 10 out of 14 days in summer one time were heatwaves) if you really want to, move to oasis spings where it barely ever rains
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I've had plenty of rainy days in Brindleton Bay, I think it rains more often there than in any of my worlds.

Could it help weather to stabilize if playing longer seasons? I've only played 7 days seasons, not sure...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I love it and find it a pleasant change and makes the game more challenging. The best part is you can turn rain off for a while, and turn it back on when you want
    edited September 2018

And anything in the Sims is? lol

Yes, actually. To an extent. Many of the basic parts of the sims are based on reality. It is a simulated life experience, but yes many aspects are unrealistic as well. My point was that with weather I guess I had certain expectations. For winter I know I'm getting snow, blizzards, chilly days. For summer I expect good weather, if not hot weather. A cool day here and there, maybe one rainy day. That's not what I was getting though. There were rain and thunderstorms throughout the entire summer. My sims could hardly do any outdoor activities the entire seasonal year. So yes, I expect something a little more realistic.
    giphy.gif

orkhid22 wrote: »
    I love it and find it a pleasant change and makes the game more challenging. The best part is you can turn rain off for a while, and turn it back on when you want

I do love the rain and thunderstorms as well, just not in the summer. I want my sims to be able to do summer activities in the summer and have to deal with the struggles of summer like heat waves and trying to cool down. Instead my sims were dealing with cold weather problems in the summer...
    giphy.gif