Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love the Calender!

I love the Calender! I am finally able to hsve my scientist be able to take some time off of her job without using up her vacation . She can take a sabstical and do what she wants without losing her job. She is on a 3 day Sabatical right now. Now when she gets married and wants to spend time at home she and her soon to be husband can work at home when the children are small, and she can go into work when she wants.

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I love the Calender! I am finally able to hsve my scientist be able to take some time off of her job without using up her vacation . She can take a sabstical and do what she wants without losing her job. She is on a 3 day Sabatical right now. Now when she gets married and wants to spend time at home she and her soon to be husband can work at home when the children are small, and she can go into work when she wants.

But, holidays with work/school days off DO take from your vacation days.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member

Woah I didn't know that
    hope you all are smiling x
  • Options
    M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    I'm doing the American Dream challenge (LINK HERE) and I still send my Sims to work on holidays because I had no money and my sim got accidentally pregnant
    hope you all are smiling x
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2018

Well, now that makes me sad..... I had such high hopes! I guess I won’t be able to use it the way I was hoping =(......I hope they will change that.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member

Me too! It is a fun addition to the game.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I love it, too! And I did not know holidays take from vacation days. It hardly makes a difference though, I think skipping work etc make less impact when playing rotational.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I love it, too! And I did not know holidays take from vacation days. It hardly makes a difference though, I think skipping work etc make less impact when playing rotational.
    I just want my scientist sim to be able to enjoy her planned family without having to work so much. I play rotational too.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I didn't know it takes from your vacation day but I love being able to make events and also see what is coming up
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I love the calendar too. It makes the game so much more fun!.
  • Options

Well, now that makes me sad..... I had such high hopes! I guess I won’t be able to use it the way I was hoping =(......I hope they will change that.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16556956/#Comment_16556956
    Hi Everyone!

SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin let me know about this thread. I just wanted to come in and say that using vacation days was intentional. If the system let a Sim take a day off without using vacation days then a player would be able to set up No work/school holidays everyday of the calendar. A Sim would be able to never work but still pull in a paycheck or pass school.

As it is now, a player can still setup infinite day off holidays, but if you go over the number of vacation days you have then no paycheck/school is earned for that day.

The checkbox on the holiday screen was put there to make taking a day off easier. That way, when a holiday approaches, you don't need to go to each one of your Sims and call in a vacation day.

-SimGuruGeorge
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ah, that makes sense now I see it explained. Thanks for posting that @paradiseplanet
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    me too! it's super cute :) i've always wanted a calendar with birthdays/holidays so i was really happy when we got one in ts4.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Hi Everyone!

SimGuruNick and SimGuruArvin let me know about this thread. I just wanted to come in and say that using vacation days was intentional. If the system let a Sim take a day off without using vacation days then a player would be able to set up No work/school holidays everyday of the calendar. A Sim would be able to never work but still pull in a paycheck or pass school.

As it is now, a player can still setup infinite day off holidays, but if you go over the number of vacation days you have then no paycheck/school is earned for that day.

The checkbox on the holiday screen was put there to make taking a day off easier. That way, when a holiday approaches, you don't need to go to each one of your Sims and call in a vacation day.

-SimGuruGeorge

Thank you! @paradiseplanet Do you know if you can take a vacation when you have no vacation days left without losing your job too?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options

Hi Everyone!

-SimGuruGeorge

Thank you! @paradiseplanet Do you know if you can take a vacation when you have no vacation days left without loosing your job too?

You can still have vacation holidays after you ran out of vacation days for work, but they will be unpaid (as it should've been). You would still keep your job so that you can reacquire more vacation days again.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I too think the calendar is a must-have. Gives some structure to the sims lives instead of the endless summer.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Nh6650 wrote: »
    I love the calendar too. It makes the game so much more fun!.

oh yes <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    You can still have vacation holidays after you ran out of vacation days for work, but they will be unpaid (as it should've been). You would still keep your job so that you can reacquire more vacation days again.[/quote]

@paradiseplanet

Well, this is nice to know. I always thought if you used all of the vacation days and then tried to take more your sim would be fired. I am glad know the sim won’t be.
  • Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    The calendar is awesome! Makes it easier to plan. I love Holidays. Who would of thought such a simple addition would add so much :)
  • Options
    BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    The calendar is the best thing in the game in my opinion. I love how we can plan, celebrate, and add holidays. I would like to see more traditions added. I wondered if "go on a date night" might get more Sims dining in my restaurant. I shall have to test this. :#