Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Assistance Please

I have a family, and I want to upload just one of them to the Gallery. How do I do that. Please note, I have never used the sims 4 gallery, so write very specifically, as I may not know what you're talking about.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited August 2018
    ~ To up load just one person out of a household/family,you need to go into your game & load your save were they are(if you only have one save then that is it!) if you have that household saved to your Library then after the game has loaded & you are in the neighbourhood were your Sims live,then press the triangle at the bottom right hand of the screen to go into CAS.........but if you have not saved you household to your personal Library,then you need to go into that household to save them to your Library, by clicking on a mirror to "Change Sim" or you can use a Wardrobe or chest of draws, to change Sim,your whole household will show in CAS, make any adjustments you need while there, then "save" your household to your Library by clicking the Folder icon at the Right hand top of your screen, once done click the "tick" at the bottom right hand of your screen, you will have the loading screen again until you household shows again,once you are back in game,(go to the three dots on the very top right of the screen, click to open) "save", then after saving click "Manage worlds" then after loading, you will be back at the screen with all your neighbourhoods on it, click on one,so you can get the triangle back in the bottom right hand corner,click it to go to CAS, a random single Sim will show,do not worry about that,open your Library,by clicking on the "two photo" icon on the top right,that will take you to your library, download your save into CAS a pop-up will show with three options, click "replace" your Household/family is now loaded into CAS, now all you have to do is select the Sims you do not want to upload to the Gallery & click the red "X" on the Sims Icon,or head shot (it sits on the right hand side at the top of each Sims Thumbnail) once clicked that Sim will be deleted!
    ~ Do this until only the Sim you want to upload to the Gallery is left,then save that Sim to your Library, go into your Library, & select that save you just made (while there you will be reassured that the original household is still there in your Library were you saved it, with your new save of your Sim to upload to the Gallery!) You should have the save of your Sim in front of you,at this time change any text that needs to be changed,once done, click on the Cloud icon on the left bottom corner (of your saved Sims page) to upload your save to the Gallery, once it has saved, you can click the ribbon like icon on the top right of you Sims page this will now show up on your profile page as a slide show type thing,to see if it worked click your user name at the top right of the library page,(which you should still have open) it will take you to your profile page which also has a message board for others or yourself to right on(if it is enabled that is,if not, I can walk you through that too ;) ) if you successfully uploaded your Sim to the Gallery it will show up on your Profile page, you can check the Gallery but it often takes a while to upload,so do not be disappointed if it does not show right away,also you need to click on the little circle besides "Newest" on the Left hand side Under "Sort By" for you to see it in the Gallery as at the moment it goes to "Most Popular" instead of "Newest" (I hope EA fixes that)
    ~ Any more questions,just ask,or if you do not understand, I do not mind as we all start at the beginning & we all had to learn,from that beginning! ;) I Hope this helped! :smiley:
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    That was way too complex and didn't work. I ended up uploading the whole family. Try again please?

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
    ~ Were did you get lost?
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

Well, I got to where you can upload a whole family. But I could Mach up what you said with the screens. I’m thinking of just saving the game under a new name (like a backup), loading it, deleting the rest of the family and uploading the sim that way.

edited August 2018
    ~ I never said to upload all the Sims to the Gallery, I said upload to your Library,......... to upload your family/ household to the Gallery takes twice saving, once with the Folder found in the top right hand corner of the page with what you are saving, this will save your family to your own personal library, (I have tons of Sims in there that are not on the Gallery!) to load the family to the Gallery you have to click the cloud icon in the bottom left hand corner (next to the rubbish bin!) on your library save pop-up,only when you click that cloud icon does it go to the gallery! Otherwise it just stays in your Library, that only you can see!
    ~ Would it help if I sent pictures on what to do? ( I am currently in CAS have been for the better part of the day as I have just entered a new Modeling Comp & I am making my new Sim for that, I spend too many hours or should I say days making just one Sim!LOL) So I will be around for a few hours more!)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ I never said to upload all the Sims to the Gallery, I said upload to your Library,......... to upload your family/ household to the Gallery takes twice saving, once with the Folder found in the top right hand corner of the page with what you are saving, this will save your family to your own personal library, (I have tons of Sims in there that are not on the Gallery!) to load the family to the Gallery you have to click the cloud icon in the bottom left hand corner (next to the rubbish bin!) on your library save pop-up,only when you click that cloud icon does it go to the gallery! Otherwise it just stays in your Library, that only you can see!
    ~ Would it help if I sent pictures on what to do? ( I am currently in CAS have been for the better part of the day as I have just entered a new Modeling Comp & I am making my new Sim for that, I spend too many hours or should I say days making just one Sim!LOL) So I will be around for a few hours more!)

Yes, please poststep by step pictures, starting from when the whole family is in Library.

I know you didn’t say to upload the whole family to gallery, but for whatever reason, I couldn’t follow the instructions after that point. Thank you for your attention to helping me here.

~ I am just turning in, ( Going to bed) been awake for 2 days, so I will get on this first thing when I wake up, I hope you do not mind!? (it has just hit midnight here) So watch out in about 8 to 10 hours time away from this, I will have step-by-step pictures explaining as best I can! (i had already started the pictures,seeing I was in CAS, I will edit them in the morning for you & post them then, I hope that is OK & you can wait,once you know how you will be right, & it is very simple, it just sounds complicated!
    ~ OK talk to you later! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ I am just turning in, ( Going to bed) been awake for 2 days, so I will get on this first thing when I wake up, I hope you do not mind!? (it has just hit midnight here) So watch out in about 8 to 10 hours time away from this, I will have step-by-step pictures explaining as best I can! (i had already started the pictures,seeing I was in CAS, I will edit them in the morning for you & post them then, I hope that is OK & you can wait,once you know how you will be right, & it is very simple, it just sounds complicated!
    ~ OK talk to you later! ;)

Of course! Click that bed and choose sleep.

edited August 2018
    ~ OK, I am here & have not forgotten you!
    ~ Now you have already saved your Sims to your Library,so go into CAS like you are making a NEW SIM & Download that household/family, a Pop-up will appear & ask you to "Merge" or "Replace", click "Replace", you household/family should now replace the random EA Sim that is generated when you first go into CAS!
    tceLVQO.png
    ~ To delete the other members of your household that you do not want click the X that is on the thumbnail picture of each Sim in the left hand corner,just like the picture above,do this to all Sims in that household that you do not want, until you are left with just the Sim you want to upload to the Gallery!
    Ld8bgNl.png
    oMJI46O.png
    ~ Now you can edit your writing & change the picture (Sims Pose) before posting to the Gallery!
    ~ After you have uploaded your Sim to the GALLERY & you want to leave CAS, press the X not the Tick,as you do not want or need a copy of this Sim in the Same neighbourhood/Save as the original Household,as you will end up with two copies of the same Sim in the one save, so please click the X to exit CAS (it also saves you placing the Sim, you can though, in anouther SAVE, so you do not end up with copies in the one Game-Save!)
    4xQa1SF.png
    H5cjlcr.png
    ~ To fully edit your Sims in CAS you must enter testingcheat on (then just as the picture shows) cas.fulleditmode on this will allow you to fully edit your Sims in CAS, but it must be done before opening CAS (otherwise it will not work)
    z18uSXS.png
    ~ Edited because I typed the CAS cheat wrong!LOL!

~ IF you need any more help, just ask, I do not mind! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ OK, I am here & have not forgotten you!
    ~ Now you have already saved your Sims to your Library,so go into CAS like you are making a NEW SIM & Download that household/family, a Pop-up will appear & ask you to "Merge" or "Replace", click "Replace", you household/family should now replace the random EA Sim that is generated when you first go into CAS!
    tceLVQO.png
    ~ To delete the other members of your household that you do not want click the X that is on the thumbnail picture of each Sim in the left hand corner,just like the picture above,do this to all Sims in that household that you do not want, until you are left with just the Sim you want to upload to the Gallery!
    Ld8bgNl.png
    oMJI46O.png
    ~ Now you can edit your writing & change the picture (Sims Pose) before posting to the Gallery!
    ~ After you have uploaded your Sim to the GALLERY & you want to leave CAS, press the X not the Tick,as you do not want or need a copy of this Sim in the Same neighbourhood/Save as the original Household,as you will end up with two copies of the same Sim in the one save, so please click the X to exit CAS (it also saves you placing the Sim, you can though, in anouther SAVE, so you do not end up with copies in the one Game-Save!)
    4xQa1SF.png
    H5cjlcr.png
    ~ To fully edit your Sims in CAS you must enter testingcheat on (then just as the picture shows) cas.fulleditmode on this will allow you to fully edit your Sims in CAS, but it must be done before opening CAS (otherwise it will not work)
    z18uSXS.png
    ~ Edited because I typed the CAS cheat wrong!LOL!

~ IF you need any more help, just ask, I do not mind! ;)

Thank you! That was much clearer!