Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEM INSTALLING THE SIMS MEDIEVAL

I try to install my The Sims Medieval game but when it is nearing completion I got this message screenshot below that the installation has failed. What is wrong? How can I fix this?

0RyNstK.jpg

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello
    Try going to Windows Update and make sure that your computer is up to date with patches.
    Then shut down your computer. Then restart the computer.
    Then try installing Sims Medieval again.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    @rosemow Does this mean I need to download the Microsoft.net Framework 4 latest versions right?
    @rosemow I have the game already installed and the latest version of Microsoft.net framework 4 and I have the TSM client displayed on screen until it prompt me with an update so I tried to update but then cancelled upon seeing no progress for a long time and The Sims Medieval icon is displayed on my Desktop but as I clicked open and play it keeps saying It Stopped Working like in the screenshot below... What should I do?

TVRfKAG.jpg
    nope @rosemow it doesn't need to have an Origin just to install The Sims Medieval... I think I only got this after the patch update...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    EA has combined Sims Medieval with EP Pirates and Nobles as one game downloadable from Origin so perhaps you will have to go there to download that. Any patch would destroy your previous link possibly?

You would get Pirates and Nobles free I expect. I had both but was surprised by having to re-download it as a combined game.
    I don't have an Origin downloaded on my laptop and I installed The Sims Medieval successfully. I played the game really well until almost completing the first quest when it suddenly crashed down and upon attempting to play it again, I got this message:

JinM7na.jpg
    Hello
    Try reloading the game and see if the issue occurs again.
    It would also be best to remove the picture that you posted because of the note on the desktop.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    @bootsguy I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I went through the same thing a few months ago when I was trying to install The Sims Medieval on a Windows 8 computer. I hadn't played it for years and didn't know if it would be compatible with Windows 8. I was trying to install it from a disk and I couldn't get it to work either.

After doing an internet search I found someone who said they solved the problem by giving up on the disk install and just installing it as a digital download directly from Origin. So I tried that. I uninstalled the disk version and reinstalled via Origin and it worked. Completely solved the problem.

I know you said you didn't have Origin on your laptop, and I would rather not have to deal with it too, but that was the only way I could get it to work.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    @ClassicalSim Have you got the Pirates and Nobles update yet? It must be a freebie as you can't get Sims Medieval as a single game anymore.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @ClassicalSim Have you got the Pirates and Nobles update yet? It must be a freebie as you can't get Sims Medieval as a single game anymore.

I already had both of them on disks that I bought before I had Origin. If I remember correctly, when I couldn't get them to install a few months ago from the disks, I registered them with Origin and then downloaded them both at the same time. I don't know if they would have included Pirates and Nobles with the Medieval download or not if I hadn't already owned it.
    It's already working. The game was properly installed.. All I did is not play or run the The Sims Medieval icon on the Desktop but I actually went to the Program Files look for Electronic Arts and The Sims Medieval folder and play the main The Sims Medieval application exe then finally it works from there. Why is this so?
    Hello
    You could right click the Exe file and make a desktop shortcut. Then you could run the game from the desktop shortcut that you have created.
  • ColindahorseColindahorse Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought a sims medieval from eBay and the setup asks for 20 characters and I only have 16. What should I do??
  • ColindahorseColindahorse Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Colindahorse said:
    > I bought a sims medieval from eBay and the setup asks for 20 characters and I only have 16. What should I do??

"characters for installing the program
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Make sure you are looking at the right insert in the packaging. The 16-digit code could be a promotional.

Otherwise, contact EA Customer Support.

In general, I do not recommend buying games second hand. Buy it through Origin and it's registered, and there is no disk to lose.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Make sure you are looking at the right insert in the packaging. The 16-digit code could be a promotional.

Otherwise, contact EA Customer Support.

In general, I do not recommend buying games second hand. Buy it through Origin and it's registered, and there is no disk to lose.

Buying games second hand is perfectly acceptable. As long as the buyer is smart enough to ask the seller if the keycode is included. Which is usually in the box on an insert card or written on the box somewhere (older games). No Origin needed. Disc last tweny years or longer if taken care of. :D

ETA: And if smart enough you can image the disc onto the harddrive (third party program) and never have to use the disc again. But Maxis games never needed a disc in the drive all the time anyway, only to startup the game then can be removed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    What do you recommend for the fellow with the problem, Cinebar? Or did you just come in here to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on my shoes?
  • WelshtegWelshteg Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't know where else to put this, but here's my issue.

I have medieval installed on windows 10, and a few months ago it worked perfectly fine for ages, v little problems. and then i stopped playing for a few months and then i picked it up again and when i clicked "run" an installshield wizard message popped up, saying "do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?" I hadn't selected it to uninstall, i'd selected to play it. and it does this every time i try to run it. so i gave up and uninstalled to save space on the computer.

but i just installed it again, and it still tries to uninstall when i attempt to run it. I can't find this problem anywhere and i have no idea where it came from. if anyone has advice i would appreciate it. thank you <3
    Welshteg wrote: »
    I don't know where else to put this, but here's my issue.

I have medieval installed on windows 10, and a few months ago it worked perfectly fine for ages, v little problems. and then i stopped playing for a few months and then i picked it up again and when i clicked "run" an installshield wizard message popped up, saying "do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?" I hadn't selected it to uninstall, i'd selected to play it. and it does this every time i try to run it. so i gave up and uninstalled to save space on the computer.

but i just installed it again, and it still tries to uninstall when i attempt to run it. I can't find this problem anywhere and i have no idea where it came from. if anyone has advice i would appreciate it. thank you <3

Is this discs? Windows 10 has a built in feature which doesn't allow older discs which may have a DRM such as the old SafeDisk DRM and many others to actually install. That is why so many people have a problem installing game discs into the Windows 10. They also released this update to Windows 7 last year, and or the year before. Some of us removed that update because we play older games with discs. There isn't a way to remove this sort of update from Windows 10 since it's built into their OS. It's possible (if discs) the OS updated again since you have played to render your discs useless. It's how MS intends to get eveyrone downloading from 3rd party companies for their stuf and no one use discs anymore. If this is a Origin problem (you downloaded from Origin) you need to contact them. They are always messing up stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • WelshtegWelshteg Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Welshteg wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know where else to put this, but here's my issue.
    >
    > I have medieval installed on windows 10, and a few months ago it worked perfectly fine for ages, v little problems. and then i stopped playing for a few months and then i picked it up again and when i clicked "run" an installshield wizard message popped up, saying "do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?" I hadn't selected it to uninstall, i'd selected to play it. and it does this every time i try to run it. so i gave up and uninstalled to save space on the computer.
    >
    > but i just installed it again, and it still tries to uninstall when i attempt to run it. I can't find this problem anywhere and i have no idea where it came from. if anyone has advice i would appreciate it. thank you <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is this discs? Windows 10 has a built in feature which doesn't allow older discs which may have a DRM such as the old SafeDisk DRM and many others to actually install. That is why so many people have a problem installing game discs into the Windows 10. They also released this update to Windows 7 last year, and or the year before. Some of us removed that update because we play older games with discs. There isn't a way to remove this sort of update from Windows 10 since it's built into their OS. It's possible (if discs) the OS updated again since you have played to render your discs useless. It's how MS intends to get eveyrone downloading from 3rd party companies for their stuf and no one use discs anymore. If this is a Origin problem (you downloaded from Origin) you need to contact them. They are always messing up stuff.

hm. okay thank you that makes sense.

what i don't get is that it worked perfectly fine back in like april, then a few months later just stopped.
    edited August 2018
    I can't remember if TSM has SafeDisc or not, it might, instead of SecuRom DRM.

You can try these instructions in my thread the link to instructions are at the bottom of my thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931858/tscc-complete-collection-will-not-load-solved

ETA: I need to add this procedure may cause your Pc to say an error (if you change the registry) but it can be ignored if you receive an error tv config mgr Err24 (if you ever run a health report or generate one this message may appear) this is due to the Secure Driver not installed (this is directly related in this instance of error message) to changing the registry to allow SafeDisK to run on pc. You can simply uninstall Secure Driver under Hidden installed hardware under Device Manager if this report would bother anyone. However, if you do uninstall Secure Driver you would have to change registry again to allow SafeDisk to run again on the pc (Windows 7/8/10) But as I said Windows 10 has a built in safe guard where these instructions may not work anyway, I don't have 10 to test but they work fine on 7.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't remember if TSM has SafeDisc or not, it might, instead of SecuRom DRM.

You can try these instructions in my thread the link to instructions are at the bottom of my thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931858/tscc-complete-collection-will-not-load-solved

ETA: I need to add this procedure may cause your Pc to say an error (if you change the registry) but it can be ignored if you receive an error tv config mgr Err24 (if you ever run a health report or generate one this message may appear) this is due to the Secure Driver not installed (this is directly related in this instance of error message) to changing the registry to allow SafeDisK to run on pc. You can simply uninstall Secure Driver under Hidden installed hardware under Device Manager if this report would bother anyone. However, if you do uninstall Secure Driver you would have to change registry again to allow SafeDisk to run again on the pc (Windows 7/8/10) But as I said Windows 10 has a built in safe guard where these instructions may not work anyway, I don't have 10 to test but they work fine on 7.
    I had the hardest time getting the disks to work on Windows 8.1 but you can ask EA for digital copies if you give them proof you own the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641