Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Set a household free to do what they want but not be culled

I have several households I have played and not allowed them to move out, change jobs or anything else without me controlling them. I now want to set them free to do what they want but it's important to me that the sims in those families stay in the game so I can see them from time to time. I have MC Controller. Should I just flag those sims as "do not cull" in MC Controller, then mark them "unplayed" in the Manage Worlds tools? Anything else to consider?

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    If you add the household to the "my households" tab in manage worlds then they won't be culled.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ah yeah but I should have said, I use the MC Controller mod to forbid "My Households" to do loads of stuff like move house etc, cos I didnt want to come back to them and find they all had new careers and different husbands
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    The “Flag to Never Cull” setting will stop them from getting culled.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Having the sims in your households tab ("my households") doesn't stop MCCC from controlling them. Having them as active households stops MCCC from controlling them. As long as they are marked as "unplayed" the can still stay in your "my households" tab and MCCC will control them. ;)

I keep several sim families in my households that I don't control just cause I don't want them to be culled and I want to easily change thier clothes or move sims around myself and it's easier to find them that way. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Having the sims in your households tab ("my households") doesn't stop MCCC from controlling them. Having them as active households stops MCCC from controlling them. As long as they are marked as "unplayed" the can still stay in your "my households" tab and MCCC will control them. ;)

I keep several sim families in my households that I don't control just cause I don't want them to be culled and I want to easily change thier clothes or move sims around myself and it's easier to find them that way. :)

This.

MCCC doesn't care whether or not a household is favorited, it only cares if the household is played.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Hold on, I thought "My Households" was just the new name for "Played" ??
  • Options
    No. "My household" is any household you want to mark as your favorite, can be played or unplayed.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    See the difference in the color green between "Raine" and "Hastings"? Raine is played. Hastings is not. Seitz is not. And the rest are played.

lhiNyMp.png
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So, when I choose the ageing settings in the EA game settings where it says Age Unplayed Sims, it's talking about the dark green plumbob icons, not the hearts? This is even more confusing than I thought. What happens if its the ones with the hearts that I don't want culled or aged? Even MC Controller doesn't know which ones have the hearts? What is the point of the hearts then, just as a sort of filter so you can find them easily?
  • Options
    TanjuskaTanjuska Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2018
    The hearts prevent the culling. So the households with the hearts are safe from culling. The aging question i don't know the answer to :#
    Edit : Actually you can flag them with mccc to not age that i know.
  • Options
    Yeah, though with the ageing I like to do it at top level like that so I can turn them all on and off together. So it would be jolly handy to know what the game options actually mean! :/
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So you want them to age with the unplayed households? Because if you want that then ones you set them as unplayed they will do that. And with the heart they are safe from culling.

Edit: 'cause I'm stupid and i didn't actually answer your question... the green plumbob marks the household as played or unplayed. The heart makes household your favorite and that makes them be safe from culling. That's what those mean.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I wonder how the MCCC "do not cull" flag reacts with the EA non-culling for My Households. I'd guess that EA would not cull a sim in a My Household even if the MC flag was not set, and that if a sim was not in a My Household but had the MC no-cull flag set, it too would be spared.

That just leaves one last complication. A lot of MCCC settings are enabled/disabled for played or unplayed households. But during MCCC "story progression" actions, sims can move between households. So a sim you thought was spared from whatever due to being in a played household may suddenly find herself in an unplayed household and therefore getting up to all sorts! (Or vice versa)

No you *did* answer my question and explain the difference between heart and plumbob. What I meant by my next remark was what it actually does to the game, which I wouldn't expect you to tell me.
  • Options
    Your guess on the flagging is right, that's how it works.

The second part i don't know what you mean... if you disable something from played household it's going to be disabled meaning no played sim will move or marry off or anything...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    What I mean is it's the household that's marked "played", not the individual sim. So if a sim that was in a played household and therefore protected from one aspect of story progression marries into an unplayed household then that sim won't be counted as "played" any more so will get story progression applied along with the other sims in her new unplayed household. I might have allowed played sims to move out and marry but not have allowed them to age or change jobs, for example.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh yeah your right (sorry i didn't understand you). But you can flag different things with mccc, like 'never break up', 'no affairs', 'no offspring'. But ofcourse you can't control everything with flags either.