Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in a werewolf pack?

Comments

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I agree with Lunar Cycles, It would be a powerful tool.
    So if you started a new game you start with a new moon, and each night is the next phase in the cycle.
    Therefore each night the werewolf will experience Headaches, feeling tense, fits of rage. all signs of the Wolf taking over.

Hoping werewolves as young as Children would start bearing the burden of their powers.

CAS Clothing, I kind of Still want more Victorian Era clothing, Early 20th Century at least.
    Also Torn/ripped versions of clothing

Build/Buy, I want Diamond candle Chandeliers, Candelabras, Grand windows similar to Romantic Garden stuff, but better! curtain drapes, just really ornate objects.
    Also Distressed, versions of that furnitures, Fallen Chandelier broken on the ground, torn curtains, as if there were a fight, between Werewolves and hunters, and I wanted to turn the Mansion my werewolves resided in to ruins, I could.

The world is the last thing I would worry about, Since the pack is about werewolves. But I am open to a couple of Ideas.

1) 1800s France/Italy, I'm going for the Aristocratic Life Style for my Werewolf sims. Adam and Diane, met when they were 18 and 16 respectfully, It's a Romeo and Juliette Tale with a prolonged happier life, but still tragic ending. Their Life Beginning is titled Werewolves in Paris, but it's not what you think.

2) A forest World, slight mountainous terrain, great Lakes, large lots, a map large enough to fit a few estates. (3-4) lots, all sizing greater than 64x64 is all I need. an estate on a Cliff side, over looking a large lake to the west, to the North East a Mountainous Estate if you wanted to think Ski lodge you wouldn't be wrong. south, central, between the two, is a Valley Estate. the neighbor hood is private, Maybe a little touristy.

Oh! I want (Silver ;) ) Gates To look like this:
    breakers-mansion-floor-plan-the-breakers-gate-beautiful-gate-picture-of-the-breakers.jpg
    to deter unwanted guests.

Wolfsbane must kill. As a Plant, by nature, if a werewolf gets close, Their Energy Levels will deplete, they will feel uncomfortable. as long as it's close by (Until a collects the wolfsbane and takes it away, Sim with wolfsbane in inventory can still be as deadly), the wolfsbane will kill in 24 hours, as long as the werewolf is in proximity.
    Silver, I've always wanted new metals in the game, along with Gold. Not sure how we could use it but I'm sure something would come along.

Pack mentality, I've heard, when it comes To Alpha, Beta, Omega.
    "You should be the Alpha because you're powerful, not you should be powerful because you're the Alpha."
    I sort of disagree and agree... Which is why I designed it the way I did.
    I want it to work as an inheritance tho. Either the next strongest/oldest in the pack becomes the Alpha.
    But the way vampires works You become a Grand Master as you gain EXP, I don't want a whole family/Pack of Alpha's though. Although If that's what you want (Hey Teen Wolf Fans!) Then the way to do that is to make them all alphas of their own pack, and have them form a pack... even still you need an Alpha of that Pack.
    What I want is, Okay my fatherSim and the MotherSim are both Alphas, in their own right (I love a power couple+Power Struggle). They have 3 kids, Born as Omegas, and after they grow up experience a few Moon Cycles they become Betas.
    The Oldest/Strongest Beta can't become an Alpha unless the Parents either die, or take the role as Deltas.
    that's how that should work. Although, that doesn't mean you can't usurp the Alpha Pack... but that leads to a fight to the death... and unfortunately that probably goes against the blasted ratings.

Should you choose to break away from the pack/the pack break away from you/Some how lose your pack to a Raid of Hunters. I agree mastering you Werewolf abilities should be crazy difficult. think about it, you're alone, with no one to guide you... and the full moon comes and the wolf takes over.

For Strengths and Weaknesses I rather it be done this way:

Strengths:
    Omega (Level 1) The Newb, Subordinate.
    Howl I - Pathetic, you sound no better than Chihuahua getting stepped on
    Strength I - you are now equipped with great Strength but you don't even know how strong you actually are.
    Agility I - you are now equipped with great Speed but you don't even know how strong you actually are.
    Empathy - The ability to absorb another's, physical and emotional pain, taking it on as your own.
    Healing - You find your Healing a lot faster, your immune system is far better than the average human. Go ahead jump in the flames and see what happens... please don't it'll hurt, but should you survive, you'll find you'll heal a lot faster than the average human.

Beta (Level 2) The Veterans who've seen a Few full moons, and lived to tell the tale.
    Control I - {Sim} has mastered half control, still full moons require a lot of focus.
    Howl II - Slightly Better, Looks like the local mutts are respecting you
    Strength II - To be second in command, you must be Stronger than Everyone else.
    Agility II - To be second in command, you must be more nimble than Everyone else.
    Wolf Form - Master the art of becoming an actual Wolf, Conflicts with Beast Form

Alpha (Level 3) - The Leader.
    Control II - {Sim} has mastered Full control, Even during a full moon, it's no big deal.
    Howl III - now thats how you make people tremble before you.
    Unlock: "Summon Pack" interaction
    Strength III - the Forces of the moon empowers you,
    Imbued Claws - An ancient trick devised to "Retrieve" and "Bury" Information by tapping into the nervous system.
    Note: Werewolves can learn Traits, Skills, Relationships (Who they hold most dear), their secrets. As well as make the victim forget what just happened.
    The Bite - The Power to Turn another into a Werewolf/The Power to turn a werewolf into a Human.
    Note: Sims you bite, are your werewolves, you have power over them and only you can force them to shift at your will during a full moon,

Delta (Level 4) - Perhaps it's a step-down, or a step-up, or neither, however you see it you unlock powers not even an alpha can obtain
    Ultimate Control - mad with power, You gain Control over all werewolves,
    Endurance - Whatever got you this far amounts to nothing without endurance. All the nonsense life has thrown at you, this will help.
    Note: Trust, it will especially when in the rain, ice, heat, Hunters, Daemons, Aliens, Ghosts you name it.

Weaknesses:
    Senseless - The ol' tracking skills aren't what they use to be, (effects Agility,
    Vulnerable - Conflicts with Healing. you are now, as vulnerable to illnesses and intoxications as, well a human.
    Impulsive Canine Disorder - (ICD) For for those who desire their werewolves to behave more dog like.
    Unlocks interactions (Sniff Inappropriately, Roll in Trash, Pet, Receive Belly Rubs.)
    Beast From - {Sim} has completely lost all control and all humanity, for those who want that Big Bad Wolf form that's in Scary movies.
    conflicts With Wolf Form

I love how you went in to what you thought the pack structure would be like. I was worried I'd be the only super in-depth comment.
    I go with the idea of Pack hierarchy as an earned right. Which would work with the vampire brawl system that's already in-game. Dominance fights to become Alpha, if you're a new sim, and joining a pack. Sometimes it's a hereditary position. Like Dad was Alpha mom was Alpha B. Or mom was Alpha dad was Alpha Consort. Or they could have been an Alpha Pair, in that both are Alpha over specific genders in the pack. Or just a mated pair.

OOOOH mates would be a good system to add. Fated mates. It could work for all supes and reg sims. I also mentioned Dominance and Submissive. Because in most pack structures, shifter structures (books)/ wolves, you are separated by dominance whether you are titled or not.
    Titles being Alpha, Beta, Omega (never heard of Delta).

Alpha is the head of the pack. And the most Dominant. You are Alpha, so all the responsibility of the pack falls on you. It's not just about power, it's about protecting what's yours.
    Dominant wolves protect less dominant wolves, submissives, and those who are physically weaker than them. Being submissive doesn't mean your physical power is lower, it's more about your nature.

The Beta is your right hand. Sometimes there's more than one Beta. (I forget the term.) Right It's called your Third. The Beta is your Second. If you have more than one Beta they get the numbered titles. Your Alpha mate either gets the position bc they married you, or because they are the strongest. But the Alpha-alpha is only one. And typically a female alpha, who mates would have a more Consort type mate. Same with a male really. You get the position of Alpha through mating. IF there's a stronger more DOMINANT female, she can take the title Alpha B from you. But you're still the Alpha's Mate (position.)

Submissives hold the pack together through emotional bonds. They are protected, and look after the Homefront. The pups, the bills, the gardening etc. Dominant wolves rotate watches on the lands, engage in battles, fight for dominance. A strong Beta may fight for the Alpha role, or leave to make their own pack. And those 2 packs can be allies or enemies, or neutral.

Omegas are typically viewed as the most submissive of submissives. OR ones outside of the dominance and submission dynamic. They don't feel the need to kow tow to the Alpha, but they have feelings about protecting the submissives. They are the bridge between the two classes.

Lone Wolves are those, typically dominant wolves, who either cannot handle a pack dynamic, or were kicked out. They might not fit a pack bc they are too strong, they don't feel the pack bond as strongly and can go without it. OR they are out to make a new back (Beta who leaves.) Being kicked out, could have them as a submissive or dominant. Though a submissive without a home is usually welcomed quickly. Bc every pack needs them.

So I really think that d/s aspect should be highlighted in this. A submissive wolf shouldn't be able to become the alpha after a few levels. You're born/made with dominance levels, and that should affect what you can and can't do. At least to a certain degree. A submissive wolf can still hunt, fight (if forced/they really want to), shift etc. They just don't get the added pressure. You could be a level 10 submissive wolf, who became a doctor to learn pack medicine. A mix of vet and medical dr. Or adept in tribal magic.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

Delta, Isn't really mentioned, I kind of made it up. It sort of gives an incentive for an Alpha to step down as leader, but still be a prominent member of the pack. It's both a Step down and a Step up. Plus it works for My Sims who are meant to be werewolves. Deltas can take the lead, at any moment and have powers over the Alpha. but also stand in the background.

When the flee Europe to America, the two Young Werewolves both show qualities of leadership, and dominance, so they are are Alphas constantly battling for power. Until they settle and building their pack.

I think there should be some sort of retribution, if a Beta Leaves the pack of his/her own will. Because it was Your Alpha who bestowed the Bite on you. For the act of abandoning the pack for your own selfish endeavors, it would be treason against the pack. Punishment, would be the Alpha would constantly stalk the Beta to bite the wolf again and revoking the power, and turning the werewolf human. That is only the Alpha who bite and turned the Werewolf can also undo it.
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Oh and I think silver is what should deter both vamps and wolves. We have wolfsbane already which is weird. Some fantasy uses wolfsbane as something that actually heals wolves. Others say it's like garlic, it messes with their senses and they want to leave. It's not gonna kill them. Like iron works on Fae or fairies. And salt keep witches, and evil spirts, and most things really, out.

I think there should be the option of a pack hunt. Whether it's just your family, or the extended pack. I think pets should be able to hunt with the wolves. And that the wolves can train their pets to hunt by shifting and going with them.
    Maybe there should be something about being out in the world, transformed with out a collar on, or w/o carrying your wolfy license. Lol

Idk about having hunters that actually kill the supes. Maybe think about it like Supernatural animal control. Like "Hunters- Supernatural Patrol". Could be an offshoot of the police. They handle all incidents with rowdy supes. A vamp stalking you at night, breaking in? We'll come and plug him with a rubber-wood resin stake. It'll take him down, and he'll be in the cell to chill out for 36 hrs. And have to take Community Service classes. Out in your shifted form w/o a full moon, and no license? That's gonna be a fine for you. Rowdy teen without a license too? Time for 30hrs of Community Service, and videos on Responsible Shifting. Fairies spiking your punch? Working with the sprites to spread rumors and take apart your belongings. Time for an iron-lite cage and a stint as the glow in the lampposts.

And they only get serious when someone's really being bad. Like a crazy Big Bad NPC that they've got on their Most Wanted List. Random Lone Wolves, and pack wolves, etc, have nothing to fear from them. It's the non-law-abiding Supe sims that need to worry.

I read if a werewolf was stabbed with a Silver dagger or injured by a silver weapon they couldn't healed from the wound. While that unfortunately goes against the ratings. I was hoping Silver would act as a barrier, a locked door, they can't break through. which is why I proposed Silver Gates. to a property, not just for the beauty in grand gates to my werewolves large estate, but for practicality.

I mean, Supernatural Hunting sort of like the Police Career for humans is fine and all but, It should be more of a Hobby... a Hobby, that teens can also take part in.
    There's a Supernatural Hunting family I've created, that dates back to 1881.
    So what I want is Cross bows, Traditional Bows and Arrows, deco objects, I guess.
    Okay short History Lesson, The Dior Family, is my Magic Hunting Clan. Starting with, Amara Dior. When She was 13 her Older brother Dustin, was killed and Since then she blamed Adam Jordan, technically it was his fault. Adam Jordan, is an Alpha, Husband, and Father to his Pack, he is also Lord & Founder of my fictional City of Briarwood.
    Three Years Later, 16 Year old Amara began her efforts to seek Vengeance/Justice.
    in 1881, She and her followers Murdered the Jordan Family, or so she thought.
    Adam Jordan, along with his two of three kids, Oldest Son Bruno, and Second Oldest Daughter Isabelle, were taken by Amara.
    However, Diane, Delta, Wife and Mother, Escaped into the Forests of Briarwood with her youngest Son Caleb. Almost surviving, she was fatally wounded by Amara's right hand, Hunter Argent.

After the raid Amara set up the Briarwood Hunters Club, and Built a Lodge in the mountains of Briarwood, where she could watch on the Tides of Supernatural occurrences.

Since then Her child Kieron Dior,
    Followed by His, Chase and Cathrine Dior,
    and Chase's, Ariana Dior, have been continuing her legacy.

Under the Dior Estate, Adam Jordan Had gifted Dustin Dior for His Loyalty to him and Briarwood, Amara built a Stronghold.
    over the century and a half the Dior family has filled the Stronghold with weapons, and trophies of their hunts.

So... Now that I've explained myself.
    I know, Unfortunately we can't actually Hunt, and kill Supernaturals, however I would Like Some Updates to be made to Woodworking/Handiness
    Crafting Bows, cross bows, and Arrows.
    linked up to an Archery Skill. Sort of like Sims freeplay we can hold Target Practices and such, in addition, as you excel in archery the different qualities and styles of bows and cross bows you can make on the woodworking bench.

I don't think we would actually get a Hunting skill... even tho we mount Fish Heads and such on our walls...
    I would love Moose Head, Wolf Head, Bear Head Mounts, to decorate my Hunter Sim's walls.

What I like about Vampires is when a Daemon/Vampire dies, their Urn Looks like a trophy. So I'm hoping that may be continued.

If Ingested Wolfsbane does kill the werewolf, Hence "Wolf's Bane" unless it should be "Symbolical" It kills the wolf with in. thus "curing" the Werewolf.

Side note: Update Sage, to be burned to repel Ghosts.

I guess for decor tho, I would like Silver chains, to convey the idea, "This is where a werewolf is restrained during a full moon." or "a, or several werewolf has been restrained here at one point"
    Empty cages, to create that dungeon, that may have contained, or will contain supernatural creatures.

Because if you have Get to Work, you're right you have methods to imprison sims, against their will. However those methods won't work. against supernaturals.

But Hunting supernatural should be more of a hobby, so players like myself can create families of Hunters.
    But they should be careful when imposing "Supernatural Laws" not everyone believes in the secrecy of magical creature.
    My characters are more liberal towards magic and creatures of such nature.

So I don't think the Police Career or something like the police career, should be made for supernaturals, however if your sim was a Hunter, and had a career in the Police force then perhaps further interactions could be unlocked.

That's actually really cool. I'm gonna have to reread to get all my responses in order. But one question I had was your view of Betas. I think you were purporting it as like a gift bestowed. And that the wolves are all made. But what about the idea of Born wolves, and dominance at birth?
    Like I get the idea of being like a self-made power. And to a certain degree, I agree. Like sims can skill up in everything. So maybe there's a way to increase your inner dominance, release your limiters. But then, shouldn't you lose something else? You're essentially getting rid of your natural power state in order to become something else.

I don't know, I still believe that that kind of power shouldn't be gifted, from bite, or spell. It has to be earned, and is linked to your soul, your power at birth. An alpha isn't an alpha because of excessive powers, their pack, or the ability to turn. A lone wolf could be alpha level in dominance, and still be a lone wolf. And then become an alpha. Or well I guess an Alpha alpha gets that designation because of his pack. But it's his level of dominance that gives him that chance.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    @MasonGamer also idk why but Briarwood sounds really familiar. Like something to do with magic and a tv show. If you know what I'm thinking about, telling me would help. Don't want that stuck in my head all day.

But maybe for the Hunter designation it could be on different levels.
    Like Hunters who are born into it. Like the Argents in Teen Wolf. Just as supernatural as those they hunt, but in a "super"human way. Increased reflexes, senses, agility. Like a gymnast on super juice. Something like that.

And then as an Aspiration. Like you can chose to become a Hunter. Not born into it, but it awakens a fire in their soul. Like Van Helsing. The idol of born and made hunters.

And then like a job, like I mentioned before. Kind of like the ghost hunting job in TS3. Something anyone can get into if they want.

That way you could have a family. Or a group of hunters/club who share the aspiration. Or just someone with a sense of justice who wants to police the supes.

The difference being, family hunters are more about the kill, like you like. Aspiring hunters are more like Sam and Dean. Only going after the bad guys who step out of line. Protecting innocents in all communities. Without money. And then the job of it. You get paid, it's a govt gig. You can still kick butt, and get a pension.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    @MasonGamer also, I don't think leaving the Pack should get you killed. Not if it was willingly, and not you being cast out. That's very cult-like. Like join us or die. It's harsh. Especially if we're going for freedom of playing, and expression. What if you started a Pack, your first pack. And you built it up to something great. But your first Alpha had 3 sons. Two EXTREMELY Dominant sons. And one who was Beta level. The Pack can only have 1 Alpha. But the 1st two sons are too strong to even coexist. They can't even just be the alphas of their individual families. They are True Alphas. And they need the space. If they stay together, there will be descent.

And their Sire can't just pick the eldest to rule. Because either one could be wonderful leaders. The 3rd son would be the Beta already. What then?
    They all love each other, but would be driven to rip out throats.

So the second son leaves. And starts a new Pack. One in alliance with his birth pack. The 3rd son stays in the 1st pack. And the eldest becomes the Alpha of the original pack.

If you get attacked for leaving, there wouldn't be any new packs. No one could roam alone. Or join a different pack for love. Etc.
    @MasonGamer also the sage updating, last thing promise (probably), it's mostly used in cleansing rituals. Like it could totally repel ghosts. But it seems more like a witchy
    (etc other spellcasters) ingredient. But idk, there's just soo many things linked to the supernatural in literature, and in the sims. Like plasma fruit. I don't even now what grow fruit could do. But maybe they'll go through it. Pick the ones that go with different disciplines of magic, and give them double power.

Like how fairies love their nectar. And so do the others.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want drums.
    Because a werewolf would be a perfectly animalistic drummer.

UBvFX7A.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @LSM36 I believe, Werewolves can be Born or Turned (Gifted or Cursed)

However Just as a Parent can disown their child, the Alpha can also disown their Beta/Omega.
    Just as The Great Peter Hale said, "You were my beta first... It was my bite that changed your life, and my bite that can end it."
    And while death may be the alternative, I think for the Sim's case, If the Alpha Bites their beta/Omega, They Lose their powers and become human. I see your point tho, I guess just leave it out there, The Alpha can use "The Bite" interaction to turn a Human into a werewolf, as well as their werewolf back into a human, even a genetically born werewolf. Just for the option. I thought it would give some danger. for example your sim just wants to be a werewolf. So they get themselves bitten, but have no desire to be part of a pack, which is insulting to the Alpha, which would cause the Alpha to prey on the Omega/Beta, and revoke the Gift.

The difference between Born and Turned werewolves is; Born, have a slightly easier time mastering their shifts, where a turned werewolf, will have a more difficult time.

It would be more of a self made power, That's why I think they should Leave the concept of it being the Oldest or the Strongest. that way the player can shape the werewolf who will succeed the Alpha when they pass away. The Beta who has the Highest level of Control, Strength, Agility, Fiercest Howl. Or they could make a Dominant trait/Skill line in the werewolf Strengths and Weaknesses too. if trait then Werewolves with Dominant trait excel at werewolf skills quicker. and I wouldn't be keen on giving every werewolf I create that trait so it works.

I don't really enjoy weaknesses, not really a fan of how they made it in Vampires.
    I feel for werewolves If I want my werewolf to have a weakness I'll choose one.
    Like my character's Son Caleb will take on Beast form at the age of 13, and lose his humanity for the next 90 years. And his son will probably have Impulsive Canine Disorder, and a Low Metabolism.

Briarwood, I felt I was original with it... I can't think of any other fictional cities with the name.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Werewolves that actually turn into wolves during a full moon instead of just hairy sims with fangs that occasionally growl.
  • MidianMidian Posts: 24 Member
    I would be all over a werewolves pack so fast, man.

I personally think the way vampires have been done would work well for werewolves too, with the two different forms as well as the powers/weaknesses. Powers stuff like turning, increased strength/speed and resistances that vampires have (albeit weaknesses to silver and whatnot rather than garlic). Maybe another one could be resisting the urge to turn during full moons/negative emotions, like in TS3. Increased relationship gain with dogs if C&D is installed as well, perhaps.

Some of the TS3 things, like puppy-esque behaviour could be a weakness. Then it'd be optional, for those who don't like it (and I understand why people don't, but I am super into the idea of some werewolves being less serious and having moments of dog-like antics) and those who do can still keep it.

There's so much potential here, and I really, really hope the Gurus take advantage of it.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited September 2018
    I would like that the Sims (werewolves) can turn themselfes in to real wolfes, similar like Vamps turn in to bats.

ZxYxzPW.png

But the players should be able to play (control) them as wolfes.

I'd love that! <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I would like an option to turn them off. I don't mind a few of the in my game but if they over populate my worlds, like the aliens did, it would ruin my game.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2018
    Busufu wrote: »
    I would like that the Sims (werewolves) can turn themselfes in to real wolfes, similar like Vamps turn in to bats.

ZxYxzPW.png

But the players should be able to play (control) them as wolfes.

I'd love that! <3

I agree, For werewolves I think they should be able to have 3 potential CAS Customizable forms.
    Human

Werewolf

Wolf Form- As was said, Level 2: Beta, Power Unlock, Werewolf can Turn from Human to Werewolf, or Human to Wolf.
    Conflicts with Beast Form.

Beast Form - A Weakness Unlock, Conflicts with Human Form/Wolf Form. My idea was that Sim has lost all humanity, therefore their human form becomes inaccessible, until rehabilitated. For players who want that Horror movie looking Beast of a werewolf look.
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    I would like an option to turn them off. I don't mind a few of the in my game but if they over populate my worlds, like the aliens did, it would ruin my game.

there should be no problem there. Vampires haven't even overrun my game. I guess I have enough of my own small group of 8 vampires so more wouldn't spawn. Even still my vampires don't possess the power to break into homes, and such so they don't bother my other house holds much.

And the power to turn them is a perk unlock so it's not something that can easily be spread, even at the player's will.

And remember you can control spawning by staying away from Interactions that trip Spawning.
    but I get it, I sometimes wish there were options to stop townies from generating all together.
    Unless They Fulfill NPC Jobs, Like Mailman, Pizza Delivery, Butler, Maid, Gardener, Repairman, but some the rest who serve no purpose but just to walk around aimlessly just need to go away.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Werewolves aren't my thing, but I would buy it if it came with a neighborhood.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Body Hair. Is that really too much to ask?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I absolutely do not want werewolves that turn into wolves. Then, they are just wolves. A werewolf is half human and half wolf. Take one away and they are no longer a werewolf, just a human or a wolf. If a sim changes to an animal, they are changelings, not werewolves.

And don't use Twilight as an example of werewolves. They were changelings and turned into giant wolves which was just as silly as vampires that sparkle in the sun.

I want a scary creature that's half human and half werewolf.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I absolutely do not want werewolves that turn into wolves. Then, they are just wolves. A werewolf is half human and half wolf. Take one away and they are no longer a werewolf, just a human or a wolf. If a sim changes to an animal, they are changelings, not werewolves.

And don't use Twilight as an example of werewolves. They were changelings and turned into giant wolves which was just as silly as vampires that sparkle in the sun.

A wolf man is pretty common and popular, so I assume that it would be a thing again.

I think it depends on one’s definition. For me and for some other people, a werewolf is a person who can change into a wolf or wolf-like thing (whether mentally, physically, or both), and whether by curse or by bites. (Though there are shapeshifters who put on animal skins become said animals, and some are combined with animal spirits or whatever.)

There are different kinds of werewolves and lycanthropes and shifters out there in folklore and various mediums. Just like there are some varied vampires, mermaids/sirens, fairies, etc. Different cultures may portray them differently as well.

Edited to add: I know that Sims have the popular Hollywood wolf man types, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other were types in the diverse folklore and fiction.

I was glad the devs looked at multiple sources for vampires, so I’m hoping they use multiple references for werewolves. (I personally love wolf man types, but I also like the other shifters as well.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)

A wolf man is pretty common and popular, so I assume that it would be a thing again.

I think it depends on one’s definition. For me and for some other people, a werewolf is a person who can change into a wolf or wolf-like thing (whether mentally, physically, or both), and whether by curse or by bites. (Though there are shapeshifters who put on animal skins become said animals, and some are combined with animal spirits or whatever.)

There are different kinds of werewolves and lycanthropes and shifters out there in folklore and various mediums. Just like there are some varied vampires, mermaids/sirens, fairies, etc. Different cultures may portray them differently as well.

Edited to add: I know that Sims have the popular Hollywood wolf man types, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other were types in the diverse folklore and fiction.

I was glad the devs looked at multiple sources for vampires, so I’m hoping they use multiple references for werewolves. (I personally love wolf man types, but I also like the other shifters as well.)

I understand and agree in principal with what you said. But taking into account the fact that PETS can not be controlled in this version (they did that for a reason) and that we are getting fewer choices in packs (one vacation location, not three, etc.), I believe that we will get wolfmen, not wolves and only werewolves, not were-every thing else. Just my opinion.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Personally I don't understand why they still don't plan to add werewolves because I think it has a lot of potential and I consider it one of the basic occult Sims. You could get an awesome skill/ability tree like they introduced with vampires.

SimGuruGrant tweeted about them yesterday again btw and said they're still not planned and "there are many others we think will be more fun". I don't get why they have to be so patronizing and decide that other things are more fun, but that's probably another topic all over again. Just want to post the discussion link to show that's it's confirmed they haven't planned it at all yet.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Personally, I don't really care for werewolves and think I would enjoy other occults much more. However, people in this thread are making really good suggestions and it kind of is making me want them now.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Personally I don't understand why they still don't plan to add werewolves because I think it has a lot of potential and I consider it one of the basic occult Sims. You could get an awesome skill/ability tree like they introduced with vampires.

SimGuruGrant tweeted about them yesterday again btw and said they're still not planned and "there are many others we think will be more fun". I don't get why they have to be so patronizing and decide that other things are more fun, but that's probably another topic all over again. Just want to post the discussion link to show that's it's confirmed they haven't planned it at all yet.

Not a surprise at all as werewolves lost to life states like fairies and imaginary friends in Grant’s polls. A werewolf pack is very unlikely to happen, as they are not remotely popular enough to warrant a whole pack dedicated to them.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Not a surprise at all as werewolves lost to life states like fairies and imaginary friends in Grant’s polls. A werewolf pack is very unlikely to happen, as they are not remotely popular enough to warrant a whole pack dedicated to them.
    The polls happened AFTER they announced that there are no plans for werewolves if I recall correctly. And I'm honestly still surprised werewolves lost to something like imaginary friends. I know both have potentials but I thought imaginary friends were disliked by so many players. And when I look at the things Simmers wish for it always seems like they want things that have worked in the past instead of a new approach.
    I don't want to attack anyone who wants imaginary friends :D I'm just surprised the polls turned out that way.
    elelunicy wrote: »

The polls happened AFTER they announced that there are no plans for werewolves if I recall correctly. And I'm honestly still surprised werewolves lost to something like imaginary friends. I know both have potentials but I thought imaginary friends were disliked by so many players. And when I look at the things Simmers wish for it always seems like they want things that have worked in the past instead of a new approach.
    I don't want to attack anyone who wants imaginary friends :D I'm just surprised the polls turned out that way.

I agree. Imaginary friends were the most weird and boring occult(?) they have ever created. The only ones that can see them are the kids that imagine them. How is that fun?
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    Werewolves have a long history in this series, and I'd hate to see them not return in TS4. They can work really well with existing systems - form changes exist for vampires and aliens, after all. There's a lot of potential good gameplay here - can't we have this rather than the 50th useless stuff pack? I'd like to see them integrated into GT as well, and some special interactions with dogs if you have C&D - boosts to relationships with dogs, that kind of thing.

It'd just be disappointing if vampires and maybe witches and fairies get an in-depth overhaul, but werewolves get left behind.
  • WedWed Posts: 174 Member
    I agree with and support this thread. In fact, the foundation of werewolf creation is already in the game, such as the club system from GT for wolf packs with alpha(s) as the leader(s), the large dog meshes from C&D for the standard wolf form, the dark form system for the more beastly forms to customize any way, and the powers system from Vampires. I mean, these can be reused and tweaked for werewolves, which will ultimately mean less work than starting from scratch with a life state that can't really use these features. Plus, this can be an excuse to bring back the full moon system from TS3 SPN. :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want to get to have really hairy Werewolves. I hate it when they're just a little bit hairy.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018

I understand and agree in principal with what you said. But taking into account the fact that PETS can not be controlled in this version (they did that for a reason) and that we are getting fewer choices in packs (one vacation location, not three, etc.), I believe that we will get wolfmen, not wolves and only werewolves, not were-every thing else. Just my opinion.

I’m just disagreeing with you on the general concept that fictional people who change into wolves are not “real” werewolves, when I feel that such characters are still a type of werewolf.

I’m just saying there are varied were-beings and shape changers in folklore.

I know Sims game packs are going to be very focused, and Sims4 is going to be super-limited in their scope. I know it’s going to be the typical popular wolf-man types.

I just hope we can at least still have varied personalities like the silly or lighter werewolves like those in Sims 3. I’m hoping for lighter witches and such as well. The Vampires pack shows the potential that the devs can allow some bit of freedom in the personalities and some customization of some powers of occults.

I know it’s going to always be the wolf-man in the Sims games.

I’m just defending the wolf-shifter types of werewolves as being a type of werewolf that is in folklore in a general sense. They’re werewolves, too, and I hate the whole absolute “this is what a real “[vampire/witch/mermaid/werewolf/or whatever real occult]” statements without considering there are varied versions of the supernatural beings in folklore. (Like when some people don’t consider that some early vampires could go walk in daylight, and they would state that all vampires must never walk in the daylight and so on, and that daywalkers are not “real” vampires.)

I’m just saying beings are varied, and there are not always “absolutes”, just like how our human cultures and personalities are diverse and such.

I hope I am making sense? ^_^;;

Anyway, whatever, I am pretty sure Sims 4 would do the wolf-man (which I also love), so I wouldn’t worry about that. That’s if they’re still doing werewolves after all.

(If they can include other types of werewolves, that would be icing on the cake! But this is Sims 4, the game of limited budgeting and who else knows what, and is sometimes focused on doing narrowed down versions of specific themes. I’m going to wait to see how witches, fairies, and mermaids are done in Sims 4.)

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)