Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting Lots

figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hi there, I recently finally got Create a World downloaded (Had trouble for a while seeing as I play Sims through Steam) and what I've wanted to do is edit Sunset Valley so I can a couple lots in. Currently I'm trying to delete the empty lot in front of the Landraab House and the Alto House. For some reason I can't delete it as I'm given no option.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post edited by figureitout01 on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi :)
    You're in CAW or in EIG?

* In CAW : Move your view over the lot you want to find but can't click on-go to the World Layers Panel and scroll down to the Lots layer. Click on the first lot listed and then hit the down arrow on your keyboard until a yellow circle high lights on the lot. It should be listed as HillHeightPond. If we have the same files. :)
    * *Or is it the empty lot?
  • figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    You're in CAW or in EIG?

* In CAW : Move your view over the lot you want to find but can't click on-go to the World Layers Panel and scroll down to the Lots layer. Click on the first lot listed and then hit the down arrow on your keyboard until a yellow circle high lights on the lot. It should be listed as HillHeightPond. If we have the same files. :)
    * *Or is it the empty lot?

Hello there and thanks for the fast response. I'm assuming EIG means Edit-In-Game? If so I have tried that and did delete the lot but upon returning it was still there but I think it's because I quitted back to CAW instead of saving it.

It's the empty lot rather than the pond one, sorry about poor phrasing but I believe I know the address anyway, I shall try that now. And again thank for the help!

Edit: I don't seem to have a lots layer in my list. Could it be from the world file I'm using?
    edited August 2018
    What layers do you have on your World Layer?
    What layers do you have on your World Layer?

Is there anyway I can upload a screenshot? I've got two of the list.
    Sure, you have to use a hosting site such as imgur or tiny pic and then link it here. :)
    Okay this is it.

https://imgur.com/a/cfF0dwM
    Okay- each one show are layers. Clicking on the + will expand the layer to show both Refrences and Game Objects. Refrences hold lots and added layers to that layer. Game Objects holds game objects (from the Metadata list).
    If there are lots on the Reference of a layer it will have a + which can be expanded by clicking on the + :)

To find each lot right click on lot listed and choose- Find in Render Panel.
    Or hold your view over a lot and click on each lot on All your layers until it lights- Green with yellow rotation ball point.

Oh- and now I remember, all you have to do is make sure the lot is highlighted (click on it) and then hit the Delete key on your keyboard. :blush: -me blushing. :mrgreen:
    Okay- each one show are layers. Clicking on the + will expand the layer to show both Refrences and Game Objects. Refrences hold lots and added layers to that layer. Game Objects holds game objects (from the Metadata list).
    If there are lots on the Reference of a layer it will have a + which can be expanded by clicking on the + :)

To find each lot right click on lot listed and choose- Find in Render Panel.
    Or hold your view over a lot and click on each lot on All your layers until it lights- Green with yellow rotation ball point.

Oh- and now I remember, all you have to do is make sure the lot is highlighted (click on it) and then hit the Delete key on your keyboard. :blush: -me blushing. :mrgreen:

Not as much as me, can't believe I didn't try that to begin with! But thanks for the help, worked like a charm. I'll probably be posting a bit more on here with some more questions but thanks for the help!