Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

any players ever used the Add Any Lot Size program from MTS?

Hi,

I have mistakenly deleted a lot that cannot be replaced with world editor due to the odd size so I am wondering if any players have had any experience using this program as to start with it states to 1.66 patch and I am on 1.67 and reviews are pretty divided and I don't want to add anything to my game that could cause me any potential problems as I have been refurbishing this world to my liking for several RL weeks :)

any further information would be greatly appreciated..

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=471164

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    I use this mod a lot whenever I’m editing any worlds -I downloaded it a few years back and so far it has caused no problems whatsoever in my game. It’s probably one of the handiest mods I have especially when it comes to wanting to edit worlds with unique lot sizes.

I myself am on 1.67 and don’t have any problems so I don’t expect you should have any either.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    There are no functional differences between Patches 1.66 and 1.67/69 other than the internal build numbers. Only Core Mods care about those, and there are only 6 of them in popular usage. This isn't one of them. If a mod works, or doesn't work, on any of the three patch levels, it will work or not work just the same on the others.

Never had a minute's worth of trouble with this mod, at least not since it stopped working entirely and then got updated for Patch 1.55 or something like that many years ago.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I've had this mod for a few years and have never had a problem with it. I'm on 1.67 too.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Amphora & @igazor & @RedShoe7

Thank you so much all of you I was quite worried about trying this program but because of your comments now feel confident in giving it a try :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got that Mod in my game and it's been a lifesaver for being able to place 60x60 lots when I can't place the larger size I wanted and didn't want to place a smaller size which might not be big enough.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I have never had any problems with it, and I've been using it for several years.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    This mod is a life saver and I never had the any issues.
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    I added it last week and it works.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Yep. Mandatory utility mod that needs to be in your mods folder besides your Nraas ones. :)
    Thank you so much everyone, I took the leap and it worked like a charm so that's something else I have learned :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2018
    I got it and thanks the Gurus I have no problems with yet. I am under patch 1.67. It is very useful when you got to place a lot that the size is not availible in your city you edit.
    Example : Code is AddLotSize 50x40. (I say this by heart I can be mistaken)
    In Sunset Valley there is no native lot of 50x40 and I created rabbits hole lot with that size. Thanks to it, I can use my own modification of the rabbithole lot.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Quick question I've never got around to asking all these years:
    Why is it that certain simmer made over vanilla worlds ie LynxQ final version of SV will NOT allow you to replace lots if you delete them with the in game delete tool? Same thing happens if you pick up the lot and drag/move it around the world. Then try to put that same lot back in its original footprint. It seems this has something to do with using CAW (vs the in game lot tools) when placing these lots in the world. Saving them somehow makes the lot placement permanent somehow.

I've never been able to replace lots exactly in the original footprint. Which is extremely maddening, because most of the original lots were flush with the road. So the new lot placement ends up being offset at least a square back from said road--despite fact nothing is blocking it (like a street lightpost).
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Quick question I've never got around to asking all these years:
    Why is it that certain simmer made over vanilla worlds ie LynxQ final version of SV will NOT allow you to replace lots if you delete them with the in game delete tool? Same thing happens if you pick up the lot and drag/move it around the world. Then try to put that same lot back in its original footprint. It seems this has something to do with using CAW (vs the in game lot tools) when placing these lots in the world. Saving them somehow makes the lot placement permanent somehow.

I've never been able to replace lots exactly in the original footprint. Which is extremely maddening, because most of the original lots were flush with the road. So the new lot placement ends up being offset at least a square back from said road--despite fact nothing is blocking it (like a street lightpost).

That's exactly it it.It has something to do with CAW, it could be the terrain or maybe the creator set it as unroutable?
    After deleting the lot, try saving then exiting to main menu and back into game again.
    Here's a thread with the same question: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Unroutable-Terrain/td-p/6601582
    edited August 2018
    @Simsophonique

that's a really good idea making rabbitholes those sizes for sunset valley as it would free up some decent size lots for other things :)

@yoshi_dragur2012

Thanks for asking that question it's something that has always bugged me and I have noticed it's always the same lots that seem affected so after reading up about it on the link @Springfairy556 posted I understand a little more about it but I don't think it will change lot placing as it states it is something to do with the paint they use to make it unroutable for sims to walk on..(if I have got that right-)
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Springfairy556. Really hope this works. Will try this as soon as I get the chance :)

edit: upon reading that URL, it appears the culprit may likely be the un-routable paint. My guess is that in attempting to improve the sim routing/navigational errors in the original SV map, LynxAQ may have been a bit too liberal with the paint. However, this doesn't explain being unable to place the original lot back into its original footprint :(

edit#2: which doubly doesn't make sense I typically check to ensure the original lot didn't have any invisible spawners and typically don't rotate them. Just use the in game CAW delete tool to delete or manually move them elsewhere (preferably to the non routable part of the map). Even manually picking up the original lot (originally flush with the street) with the hand tool, then trying to replace it immediately afterward results in this gross CAW bafoonery :s
    Post edited by yoshi_dragur2012 on
    edited August 2018
    aaaann I was mistaken the size code is AddLotSize 50 40 (delete the "x" sign if so that doesn't work) o:)

@SPARKY1922 : For rabbit holes you can place them in lot size you choose, but first of all, you have to get to know their size alone
    (a list is here if you need) and you can decorate around if you let enough space in front of or around it. Because some rabbits holes are valued a lot by your sims.
    My sims likes to go to Hogan's they enjoy their time in the Mirabello's plaza I makeovered as well and the city town, the school are valued to work on for instance.
    So always let space enough to avoid the scrumble in front of.

on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    @Simsophonique

Thanks for that list really useful laughed so much at the scrumble comment University anyone haha :)
    edited August 2018
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Simsophonique

Thanks for that list really useful laughed so much at the scrumble comment University anyone haha :)

@SPARKY1922 My simself failed at her University because of scrumble in final exams but it's been a very long time I didn't sent her back . In my current save she did not go yet.
    Scrumbles happens everywhere else as long as a lot is very popular .

I am bit off the subject but you know the sims 3 loves to go to Varg's tavern. I got a lot of scrumble in front of the first entrance. I had to redesign the main entrance to avoid it.
    @Simsophonique

Thankfully my sim so far (fingers crossed) has never failed at Uni due to scrumble but when that happens does that mean you have to start Uni all over again as if so that would drive me nuts.. I rarely use Varg's Tavern for some reason so of course I am not going to have experienced anything with that lot but when/if I do use that lot again I will remember what you said. I am going to take more notice around town to see where most of my sims go on a regular basis.. I remember when Late night first came out I was plagued with tons of sims stuck in one location :)
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I've always used Awesomemod (a massive core mod that might be overkill for many simmers). It includes an option for custom lot sizes. I have never had problems with it (or the rest of the core mod). It's not for everyone but just wanted to mention that it as an alternative.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    edited August 2018
    @SPARKY1922: Because Varg tavern is often tagged as VIP lot that's the reason why it's very popular. Make sure you don't see any red diamond on the map view in any venues because it means tonight that's here to come and you'll see sims stucks on .
    Not on University. But probably I got troubles because I didn't patch anything at that time.
    @SemaviLady

That's interesting however I am only just getting used to Nrass mods properly despite using them for years as so am wondering what differences there are with the Awesomemod and the Nrass ones?

@Simsophonique

I think that flashing red light is to do with the celebrity system supposedly indicating that there are celebs to be seen at that location however if you manage to get so many sims visiting a lot like that you are very lucky as mine were usually empty so no struggling at the doors to get in there lol although after I added the more sims in clubs mod I think it is called from MTS I got more sims in my clubs and bars which was good :)
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @SPARKY1922 - Awesomemod is a core mod. It actual alters/ programs changes in the core behavior of the game and some of the settings that can be tweaked by users can be seen here at a copy of the mod's configuration tool.
    http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php

More about the relationship and differences between NRAAS and Awesomemod can be found here at NRAAS' current home site:
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome

Pescado (Awesomemod programmer) previously created mods for TS2 which were enormously popular and reliable (Pescado's Director's Cut and more). I used those when I was playing TS2, so moving to Awesomemod with TS3 was natural as breathing. I still use Awesomemod as well as several NRAAS mods to further tune the behavior of TS3. Nothing I have enabled in the suite of mods I use have created game breaking problems of any kind.

In my Mods folder configuration, priority goes to Overrides, then Awesomemod, then NRAAS, then the regular mods folder, DCCache, Test, and finally the Probation at the end.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    @SPARKY1922 I got my Sunset Valley crowded of people more than one hundred people in so I have plenty of places that doesn't need any cheats to be fulled. This isn't the best to play but I can't play if the world is not crowded. I have too much celebrities in my town even my simself is one of them now. 1 star celebrity.
    In reality they are VIP places because the wishes of the sims is : visiting 5 selects places. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top