Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Relation Decay failing?

Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
So I downloaded the No Relation decay mod for the Ultimate Collection version of the Sims 2 (the one by "NinthWaveSims"), added it to my download folder (where all other mod should be) however when I load my game and play for a while I have issue.

For example a sim with 80 Daily relation and 3 Lifetime doesn't rise as intended in the original game, but I'm also having Sims at 100 lifetime and daily falling down like 100-97 daily in a day, showing me that the no relation deprication mod is failing to function properly..

Should be no mod conflicts as I've checked, any idea what is wrong?
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    Some mods won't work if they are inside a sub folder. Also, there may be a conflict with other mods that work on the same mathmatical principle. What did the notes say? ETA: I would look at it but right now the site seems locked up in my browser and won't let me scroll around to see the mods section. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Some mods won't work if they are inside a sub folder. Also, there may be a conflict with other mods that work on the same mathmatical principle. What did the notes say? ETA: I would look at it but right now the site seems locked up in my browser and won't let me scroll around to see the mods section. :/

I will link it to help you find it easier: Notes were just about outdated links, and it shouldn't be conflicted as I have had it checked using other tools for conflict.

Seems as it would be put into downloads though since it doesn't modify actual game file.
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited August 2018
    Do you know if they performed any negative socials while you weren't watching? That seems to still cause relationship decay even with the mod installed. It doesn't actually have to be a mean action but talking about things others don't want to hear about (such as a hobby) or any conversation they aren't interested in affects relationship totals in the vanilla game. If you notice they will have a minus point over their head etc. sometimes, when they don't like a conversation. Maybe that also affects this mod and still causes decay (it does in reg. game) and why we have the options to change conversations. ETA: Note they say neg. socials will still cause decay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Do you know if they performed any negative socials while you weren't watching? That seems to still cause relationship decay even with the mod installed. It doesn't actually have to be a mean action but talking about things others don't want to hear about (such as a hobby) or any conversation they aren't interested in affects relationship totals in the vanilla game. If you notice they will have a minus point over their head etc. sometimes, when they don't like a conversation. Maybe that also affects this mod and still causes decay (it does in reg. game) and why we have the options to change conversations. ETA: Note they say neg. socials will still cause decay.

None were peformed since both Sims were not near eachother at all in game for the time. Nor do they often have negative icons above their head since I rarely have them perform negative interactions or have rejected conversations/bad chats when near eatchother
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Here's a similar mod. Doesn't stop it for everyone, just the ones that get to 95 or higher.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Relating.htm
    So for some reason I noticed the relation decay is happening on one sim only when not playing them, but when playing them in particular the deprication is happening to everyone they know. No corruption at all though
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Here's a similar mod. Doesn't stop it for everyone, just the ones that get to 95 or higher.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Relating.htm

SimLogical ones don't play along too well on mine for some reason. Nothing incompatable either
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited August 2018
    Simlogical mod says the Maxis BFF relationships will proceed or decay as Maxis intended. The mod does not affect those life time scores for BFFs.

ETA: Last line of the notes:

All relationships can go up and down as EA intended during any type of interaction between the sims.

ETA: And this: I have left the long term relationship out of this because it could be someone the sim only met briefly and the ltr may not even have been triggered. However I believe the impression would remain.
    Simlogical mod says the Maxis BFF relationships will proceed or decay as Maxis intended. The mod does not affect those life time scores for BFFs.

ETA: Last line of the notes:

All relationships can go up and down as EA intended during any type of interaction between the sims.

ETA: And this: I have left the long term relationship out of this because it could be someone the sim only met briefly and the ltr may not even have been triggered. However I believe the impression would remain.

The mod basically makes relationship levels remain static if they are really extreme in both long and short (close to 100 or -100) or near 0 (between 10 and -10) for just short term.

So your really close BFF you made in college you aren't suddenly going to not be BFF with them just because a lot of time passed. You'll lose the friendship after you've interacted and realized that you've grown apart. If you've indeed grown apart.

And the stranger who came up and bragged about themselves to you, you'll remember that you didn't quite like them (bad first impression) instead of "forgetting" that.

The mod doesn't change what causes the BFF flag to apply or come off.

It makes relationships more realistic than EA's way of doing things. Not completely what the OP wants, but closer. And given the OP's response, isn't likely going to work for her due to mod conflicts (only thing I can think of that would prevent a mod from working as intended. Inge Jones isn't a bad modder).
    Yes, Inge is great modder, @IngeJones might be able to shed light on why the OP's life time relationship points are falling. But it was my understanding they would fall regardless of mod installed as intended by the notes.
    Yes, Inge is great modder, @IngeJones might be able to shed light on why the OP's life time relationship points are falling. But it was my understanding they would fall regardless of mod installed as intended by the notes.

I've ran some last minute tests with the original mod I tried, and I found out it only affects BFFs for some reason and happens after a day.

With a clean folder my version of Simlogical's 95/95 limit also doesn't prevent against decay from 95 to 94 in daily and lifetime. Used the right version for all the expansions.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sorak4 wrote: »

I've ran some last minute tests with the original mod I tried, and I found out it only affects BFFs for some reason and happens after a day.

With a clean folder my version of Simlogical's 95/95 limit also doesn't prevent against decay from 95 to 94 in daily and lifetime. Used the right version for all the expansions.

The only thing I can tell you and I'm guessing is these mods you have tried may not work well with the comp packs that are in TS2UC. Such as the combined packs Fun with Pets etc. I know Cyjon(modder) complained about combined packs and said it was a hit or miss with those installed concerning their own mods since these packs don't actually use some of the TS2 engine or code or someting.

The only thing I can tell you and I'm guessing is these mods you have tried may not work well with the comp packs that are in TS2UC. Such as the combined packs Fun with Pets etc. I know Cyjon(modder) complained about combined packs and said it was a hit or miss with those installed concerning their own mods since these packs don't actually use some of the TS2 engine or code or someting.

I don't have many of Inge's hacks, but I do have a number of Cyjon mods as well as other mods and I haven't had any issues with them with the UC. So it's probably a rarity. The wider scope the mod is, the more likely you'll run into something where it matters. It's rare enough that there aren't versions for those packs so I wouldn't jump to that reason first for why things aren't working. Or at least there aren't a bunch of threads and posts about why mods aren't working with the UC.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I don't have many of Inge's hacks, but I do have a number of Cyjon mods as well as other mods and I haven't had any issues with them with the UC. So it's probably a rarity. The wider scope the mod is, the more likely you'll run into something where it matters. It's rare enough that there aren't versions for those packs so I wouldn't jump to that reason first for why things aren't working. Or at least there aren't a bunch of threads and posts about why mods aren't working with the UC.

No way am I saying the combo packs are to blame only a possibilty but more than likely those mods are working as they said they would, since they both say their life time BBF totals can still change. However, just for a little bit of info about the combos here is a quote from Cyjon's site they made about the combos in TS2UC:

'Sims 2 combo packs like such as Double Deluxe or University Life are evil. They don't necessarily correspond to the EPs they contain, so whether or not mods will work with them is a crap shoot. The Store version apparently also has mod compatibility issues. Nothing I can do about that. Finally, contrary to what has been reported, I have seen no proof that the Ultimate Collection is based on the Apartment Life/Mansions & Gardens engine so I cannot claim any of my mods are compatible.'
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hello, my notifications said someone was mentioning me. TBH I hardly remember anything about TS2 code so I am afraid I can't really help :(
    edited August 2018
    Sorry, Inge, that was me. I think your notes about BBFs relationships says they would still change if they interact as Maxis intended was pretty clear. Some others argued that's not what you meant concerning your mod to end relationship decays. I thought maybe you could explain they would still change as stated in your notes.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Each sim day. the game had a routine that would move all relationships, for every sim, a little way towards mid-point (ie zero). What was meant for the mod is that the relationships which are at the extremes of good or bad wouldnt do their daily auto-decay (to emulate extreme love or hate) and neither would ones near zero (so that sims wouldn't be reset to be treated as not having met at all). The mod affects only the autodecay, not relationship changes that happen as the result of interacting.
    Thanks!