Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Waterfront + Update

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE! :smiley:

So.. What do you guys think so far??
I like it :blush:

Pros

I like...
  • the aesthetic and new careers in the Waterfront District!
  • that the Waterfront District was free! (but you still have to unlock the buildings)
  • the new UI of the game. I think it seems a bit more organized and easier to navigate than the previous one
  • that they are rewarding more sim cash for quests :smile:
  • that the storage is slightly more organized (however I still think that it should be separated in categories)
  • Llamazoom is cute and has simple and easy tasks that don't take 10 hours to do

Cons:
  • I am not sure how I feel about them removing the daily task + tickets. The daily task was useful for collecting fashion gems.
  • LLamaZoom is cute but I feel like there are not as many rewards as the daily task had
  • I dislike that they increased prices of land expansions and certain furniture and CAS styles, like how the Peacock Pizazz Chair was tickets only, and now it costs 8,990 coins + 5 llama tickets. (Should've used the tickets while I had the chance)
  • I wish that the tickets we had before could've been converted to sim coins or sim cash, since we had a bunch of them from all the events we did.
  • I wish that the cars and the new careers that were added or are coming soon to Sims Mobile could be added to Sims 4 PC (Wellness Guru, Science, Space Explorer, Marine Biologist, Dance Instructor) *nervous laugh*
  • Still no pools or beach :#

Glitches?:
  • There is a yellow arrow pointing to the empty corner of the screen, from the previous event
  • Eyebrows were removed from sim after update?
  • The same sim player icons were showing up twice in different slots (but I think it got resolved once it updated)

Write back any feedback (good and/or constructive) you may have about the new update or fun things you have noticed below :smile:

Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements about the overall game, head over to my other post to voice your concerns or share your awesome suggestions!
Ayy It's Mell ♥

Comments

• QuinnWinnQuinnWinn Posts: 3 New Member
    I enjoy the simplicity of the LlamaZoom events (and the nod to Llamas once again) and I enjoy the frequency of the van showing up. It provides a great distraction from just sending my sims to work or socializing ad nauseam. I'm not sure yet if the rewards equal out. If someone is unable to login every four hours, is the original to-do list better or is it worse?

I love the UI changes, it makes it so much easier to keep track of multiple sims without having to switch locations over and over again to find out how much time they have left on an activity. It also feels more intuitive.

I'm eager to try out the new careers, I love variety. I do wish they had added some playable Sim slots to spread the workload. I have four Sims who are established in their career and, while I really want to try out the new careers, I'm also desperate for sim coins, because it seems everything past level 30 has increased in price drastically. An outfit I had been eyeing casually jumped from 7000 to 10000 sim coins + llama tokens. Eek!

I do like that simcash seems easier to obtain. I reluctantly purchased simcash last month to get the fireplace (I say reluctantly because, most games, aren't such an obvious cash grab. I mean, literally nothing in the Sims Mobile isn't available in Sims 4 [stuff packs are like $10], so they aren't designing new items). I'm more apt to pay real cash for games that are truly F2P on everything. Charging simcash for different room designs? That's unfortunate and I'm hesitant to spend any more cash because of it. Simcash should be an above and beyond award. Like a basic shower +10 energy or something of that nature. It shouldn't be the starting point for anything (like committing the time to unlocking a hobby/career reward only to discover one item requires simcash to buy -- fail!)

I enjoy that the fashion gems reward increased from 2 to 4. Although Izzy Fashions are incredibly hit or miss (I'm looking at you floral crop top >.<), I like having the chance to get something good. And Izzy Fashions are great because they are above and beyond normal clothes (they add a bonus to certain things).

TL;DR All in all, I'm liking that the waterfront and buildings are made available. Obviously disappointed in the increase of cost on some things, curious how the LlamaZoom dailies will work vs. the old model, Love the UI changes, and hope the events continue to award SimCash, while disliking the system as it is.
  • floraboraamorfloraboraamor Posts: 9 New Member
    I am happy to have the waterfront, two new jobs, can level to 50 and variety of quests.
    What i hate is the increase of cost! The job still take so long to complete with no increase of pay.
    Im disappointed of the tickets. What i had were exchanged for little llama tickets.
    In a nut shell everything costs to high for me to enjoy the game.
  • BellaRocksBellaRocks Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the Llamazoom tickets. If you put my house and person tokens together I had hundreds, yet only got 12 llama tickets. Seriously? That really aggravated me. I feel like they took a lot of progress away from all of us, then tried to pretend like the replacement is easier, when I don't agree.
    I don't like how I can't choose how long my events are if I want llama tickets, when the daily list was simple and let you complete events however you wanted.
    As everyone else is saying, it's also crappy that they upped the price of everything to make up for tickets being gone, and made a lot of things cost sim bucks now that didn't before. I hope they change this soon or I'm probably done with the game, it's starting to get monotonous anyway. :(
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    the waterfront is beautiful, but for now it looks kind of small. There is a street behind and I hope that in the future it will be expanded with more things.

Despite being a great place to work, there are social events on the waterfront. I hope this changes over time.
    Incidentally, there is no further indication on mission area about it, only on the map for long events such as the fair in the city park or movie night in the city
    Also, the arrival of 2 new careers (astronaut and dance instructor) is expected, this will give more options of work.

I like how the LlamaZoom gives cupcakes and simcashs easily. Maybe that makes it more profitable than the old daily list, but I miss the reminder to change the clothes of the sims daily.
    Another cool thing about LlamaZoom is that it adds cool functions to game objects during missions.

I think it's a start. The LlamaZoom can be extremely powerful in the future if you add actions to do with kids and toddlers.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    @rafaeljonas I like that the Llamazoom is pretty random. It’s not the same thing every time, or at least I haven’t seen any lists that are repeating itself and now we can interact with random objects around the house without wasting energy, which is pretty cool. I do miss the daily reminder to change my look though. I also like how it gives you the option to direct the actions towards a specific theme. Like if you are working on relationships or a career story, etc.
    BellaRocks wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the Llamazoom tickets. If you put my house and person tokens together I had hundreds, yet only got 12 llama tickets. Seriously? That really aggravated me. I feel like they took a lot of progress away from all of us, then tried to pretend like the replacement is easier, when I don't agree.

I didn’t remember if they had converted it to something or not. I had over 2,000 tickets and now I have 15 llama tickets. I don’t understand that. And now things that were ticket-only items cost 2,000-13,000 coins :unamused:
    I am happy to have the waterfront, two new jobs, can level to 50 and variety of quests.
    What i hate is the increase of cost! The job still take so long to complete with no increase of pay.
    Im disappointed of the tickets. What i had were exchanged for little llama tickets.
    In a nut shell everything costs to high for me to enjoy the game.

I agree that they should increase the pay a bit. Maybe a surprising choice can be schmoozing the boss to give us a raise or something lol :lol:

QuinnWinn wrote: »
    I enjoy the simplicity of the LlamaZoom events (and the nod to Llamas once again) and I enjoy the frequency of the van showing up. It provides a great distraction from just sending my sims to work or socializing ad nauseam. I'm not sure yet if the rewards equal out. If someone is unable to login every four hours, is the original to-do list better or is it worse?

I love the UI changes, it makes it so much easier to keep track of multiple sims without having to switch locations over and over again to find out how much time they have left on an activity. It also feels more intuitive.

I'm eager to try out the new careers, I love variety. I do wish they had added some playable Sim slots to spread the workload. I have four Sims who are established in their career and, while I really want to try out the new careers, I'm also desperate for sim coins, because it seems everything past level 30 has increased in price drastically. An outfit I had been eyeing casually jumped from 7000 to 10000 sim coins + llama tokens. Eek!

I do like that simcash seems easier to obtain. I reluctantly purchased simcash last month to get the fireplace (I say reluctantly because, most games, aren't such an obvious cash grab. I mean, literally nothing in the Sims Mobile isn't available in Sims 4 [stuff packs are like $10], so they aren't designing new items). I'm more apt to pay real cash for games that are truly F2P on everything. Charging simcash for different room designs? That's unfortunate and I'm hesitant to spend any more cash because of it. Simcash should be an above and beyond award. Like a basic shower +10 energy or something of that nature. It shouldn't be the starting point for anything (like committing the time to unlocking a hobby/career reward only to discover one item requires simcash to buy -- fail!)

I enjoy that the fashion gems reward increased from 2 to 4. Although Izzy Fashions are incredibly hit or miss (I'm looking at you floral crop top >.<), I like having the chance to get something good. And Izzy Fashions are great because they are above and beyond normal clothes (they add a bonus to certain things).

TL;DR All in all, I'm liking that the waterfront and buildings are made available. Obviously disappointed in the increase of cost on some things, curious how the LlamaZoom dailies will work vs. the old model, Love the UI changes, and hope the events continue to award SimCash, while disliking the system as it is.

Yupp! My land expansion went from about 7,000 to 10,000. I checked my friends and it went from about 15,000 to 24,000. Not cool. But they did also decrease the costs of some things.

I agree that simcash should be for really rewarding things, like a bed that gives full energy restoration, something unique to sims mobile, or like the person slots. But not 2,000 for a hot tub when a career story is 600 and a hairstyle is almost 500. This system is all over the place.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• GG_AbernathyGG_Abernathy Posts: 7 New Member
    So before I updated I was grinding to get enough simoleons for land expansion. My next expansion was to cost 11000. I was also trying to get enough to buy my next room. I'd had 34000 simoleons or so.

Then I read the description and was like "Waterfront?? Finally?? Whaaaaaat?" and updated it. Upon opening the game immediately and got an in-game message that said I had to plots of land cleared and was like "Whaaaaat?? They gave me land, too?? Well, what an update!" I went to my home and looked all around and the was no newly cleared land! So, confused and a little peeved, I clicked on the next plot of land to clear and it costs 22000 AND SOME DAGGONE LLAMA TOKENS!!! WTBH??? I have contacted EA and got that semi condescending standardized email response with the ol' *we're going to send this to the developers BS. 100 SIMOLEONS WILL NOT FIX THIS. WHY DID MY LAND PRICE DOUBLE?? ALL I WANT IS THE PRICE RESET TO THE 11000 THAT IT WAS, OR MY 2 CLEARED LAND SPACES FOR FREE.

So I'm excited for Waterfront but I'm super PO'd about that land thing. The process going up on things is very frustrating. I'd also acquired thousands of Sim tickets and I think I got like, 24 Llama tokens.

Ugh. Come on, EA. I really liked this game. I made purchases to support this thing because I enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm bummed. ☹
    So before I updated I was grinding to get enough simoleons for land expansion. My next expansion was to cost 11000. I was also trying to get enough to buy my next room. I'd had 34000 simoleons or so.

Then I read the description and was like "Waterfront?? Finally?? Whaaaaaat?" and updated it. Upon opening the game immediately and got an in-game message that said I had to plots of land cleared and was like "Whaaaaat?? They gave me land, too?? Well, what an update!" I went to my home and looked all around and the was no newly cleared land! So, confused and a little peeved, I clicked on the next plot of land to clear and it costs 22000 AND SOME DAGGONE LLAMA TOKENS!!! WTBH??? I have contacted EA and got that semi condescending standardized email response with the ol' *we're going to send this to the developers plum. 100 SIMOLEONS WILL NOT FIX THIS. WHY DID MY LAND PRICE DOUBLE?? ALL I WANT IS THE PRICE RESET TO THE 11000 THAT IT WAS, OR MY 2 CLEARED LAND SPACES FOR FREE.

So I'm excited for Waterfront but I'm super PO'd about that land thing. The process going up on things is very frustrating. I'd also acquired thousands of Sim tickets and I think I got like, 24 Llama tokens.

Ugh. Come on, EA. I really liked this game. I made purchases to support this thing because I enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm bummed. ☹

I know, it's upsetting :/ All the prices increase and we get very little for our long shifts, compared to the costs to expand or purchase things in this game. Luckily, I recently redid my entire home. But I'm super stingy with my coins, so I prob won't expand anymore since it costs 6,000+ for rooms and 10,000+ coins for land expansions, which increases after each expansion. :|
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    On the daily to do list we were asked to do a special event. So far, lama zoom has not asked this. What do these special events ad to the game now? Why should I let my sim complete them now?
    Joysie wrote: »
    On the daily to do list we were asked to do a special event. So far, lama zoom has not asked this. What do these special events ad to the game now? Why should I let my sim complete them now?

I just checked my game and I don't even see the option for it anymore :flushed:
    It's not on the quests list and its not an option in the public spaces
    Maybe they took it out completely leaving it just for future limited events?
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• BellaRocksBellaRocks Posts: 4 New Member
    Here's how I feel about the update after a couple days:

I feel like I got more rewards from the daily to-do list than I do from the Llamazoom tasks. You have to do 4-6 tasks all for 1 llama token and a little xp. I miss the list more than I thought I would, actually. I feel like it took away a sense of purpose from the game, and it's already majorly lacking anyway.

I love Waterfront, though. I hope they continue to add things like that, and add more improvements when it comes to toddlers and kids. I also wish I could control elders. But I hope they take a look at our llamazoom complaints and change it around soon. We'll just have to wait and see!
  • ElainaFrostElainaFrost Posts: 9 New Member
    Not happy with the llamazoom or llama tickets. I actually had the same problem as GG_Abernathy in that I was trying to get the 11000 land plot and now they’ve doubled the price and added 5 llamas to it. That’s not to say what they done to the price of rooms. My next room will cost me 13995 coins and 15 llama tickets. I only got 9 from my old house tickets (which is a total rip off since I had over a thousand green, 10 blue, and 1 purple) and had to spend some to make a baby room.

On the llamazoom, I’m honestly thinking that the creators don’t realise their players have lives. My job takes 9 hours out of my day, 8 of which I’m working. That’s the entire time it takes to do a llamazoom event. There are those who work in offices Andie have to work extra hours or those who will be starting school that will get screwed by this new update.

And also only 1 llama ticket for that many tasks or hours? Yeah not cool. Give us 2 at least if you are jacking them up so much for things like room and land.
  • DaBombingCherryDaBombingCherry Posts: 5 New Member
    My 2 cents on the update, fwiw

I do like the Llamazone vs Daily task (although now my Sim will be a dirty hippie as I am not prompted to change it's clothing). BUT not enough reward for the time you spend.

I am happy to see the Events are gone- sheesh those suckers took all dang day

I was super happy to see they didn't change the new way we get the heirlooms, BUT you don't get as many heirloom tickets on your daily box to open

Happy to see new careers. Would LOVE new hobbies

TOO expensive to get anything

Would love a Tag Sale option under parties to get rid of some of the crap in my inventory (or a sell back, but that doesn't seem to be happening.) If neither, how about categories under the storage so I don't spend hours trying to find the 1 item I wanted to place.

Would love a 2nd (or 3rd) house option with a different SIM, so they aren't under the same roof (then I can use excess inventory, as well). I don't have them as relations or roommates, so why have the same house?
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    edited August 2018
    This Llama stuff is all new to me. I did play for a little bit when the game released. And maybe spent around $100. But it got repetitive for me! I do really love my home that I made. I even made some install trips just to view my home for a few mins. But nothing really compelled me to stay because of the little gain received for much work. I would recommend some type of mini games. I came back because I have worked my way to 80 donuts per 4hrs in Simpsons. So since I have such ease in that game now I decided to give this a try again to see what progress has been made. I see the game is on the leaderboards also so I will try this game briefly and see if it captures my attention. Still wanting a horses running painting or maybe a horse standing statue.
  • LoulousailsLoulousails Posts: 1 New Member
    Hate that everything is now so expensive (feels like a massive rip off), miss the daily tasks as there is now no way to get cupcakes. Not a fan of the Llama tickets. Don’t want to repeat what everyone else has been saying but I think I’ll just get my current sims to reach level 10 on some hobbies and careers then I think I’m done with the game unless changes are made.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    I prefer one currency such as Llama tickets vs trying to obtain 3 different types of currency for one item. I think that was a better move. Prices aren't unbearable to me at this point. I feel its something to keep you busy. It was pretty easy and simple to get whatever without any work really before.
    @DaBombingCherry I would love to see new hobbies! Hopefully swimming will be the next one! Also, I did notice we still have the special events but they are only reward 350 coins (I think).

@Coreyblake It's convenient to have only one ticket instead of 3 different tickets, but like @ElainaFrost said, I don't feel like we get enough of them. Especially when we need to use multiple for expansions, furniture, and outfits. Also, I feel like the prices for things are ridiculously expensive. It takes a long time to get to just 10,000+ coins on a 250-450 coin salary, only for it to be spent on one outfit or 24,000+ coins for one land expansion. I feel like it's just not worth it at that point.

@BellaRocks I love how Waterfront looks! It looks super nice and feels bigger than the other locations. I love that we can see the ocean + the bridge. & I agree, I hope they tweak it. It was a good idea but they should try to find a decent balance between the previous system and this new one. I like the convenience of the UI, the new waterfront district having new jobs, and the llamazoom idea of giving us multiple tasks. But it also has it's negatives, like the llamazoom leaving every 8 hours or so and only asking for quick tasks. I didn't have a problem with it until the semester started and I can't complete it every 8 hours since I'm not always able to get back on my phone. and Llama tickets can only be obtained through llamazoom, so if you opt out of doing them, you'd run into trouble buying items or expanding land.

Basically, as @QuinnWinn said, if someone is unable to login every 4-8 hours, is the original 24hrs to do list better or worse and how do the rewards equal out?
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    I love the update others may be upset about the prices to unlock it but think of another way it's challenging imagine the moment your whole Laboratory , Wellbeing and the Waterfront stories that are waiting there to me it feels like its meant for our sims Children to take on this task almost like a poor stable boy (videogame) becomes the knight thats how most games work.

Now here what I was expecting with Waterfront I was thinking they were going to make Hollywood with Movie Star and High end Careers that are in Hollywood not what they actually created. Building a game of Discovery and Skill management saving money it's like those tycoon games I can't wait to save up a.d find out about "The Acient One" is it a alien or is it a talking Alligator?

And has anyone managed to pry open the bars ? Any tips would be nice.
  • NagisaFukoshimaNagisaFukoshima Posts: 1 New Member
    I like the new area unlocked, it’s been a long time waiting! The new updates brought to simplify things as well as helped to not have a billion things to do for one task. I don’t have a problem with the prices so far, but I know the time is coming.
    But I’m not thrilled with the LlamaZoom. I would like to see the home tickets brought back. Some of us can’t always get online in time to complete the LlamaZoom tasks and so it takes FOREVER to get Llamas to complete upgrades. Home tickets were easier to collect and let us upgrade faster through home events and unlocking items. I still wouldn’t mind having the LlamaZoom if it would be for things of special unlocking or such, but NOT the main source of upgrading and unlocking new items. I know it’s been said before, but it seriously is an issue. I love the game, but when something blocks you from having fun(such as life, because everyone has one) you can’t complete an impossible task and you lose players. If the creators intend to keep the LlamaZoom, at least increase the amount gained from tasks and let us have the option to finish ALL of the first on screen tasks from her before she leaves?
    New hobbies too would’ve been a great addition, but sadly none were. Maybe bring in a dojo, pool, track, soccer, etc.?
    Second story houses would be a nice addition too!!
  • GatsbyGatsby Posts: 3 New Member
    If others haven’t noticed, it’s now costing heirlooms (ten!) to create new character after retirement. Used to just a few regular coins. Heirlooms much to valuable to be subbed in like this, and ten is extremely high!
  • LungALungA Posts: 2 New Member
    No :s this update is so heartbreaking. :(
    It was so hard to raise atleast 10000 simoleons in a week but now they expect us to clear land with double, buy furniture with so so much money - some of us were still saving to buy some significant stuff now I have to save for a year I guess. :'( #depressed. A living room speaker for 20K simoleons, no come on EA - please be reasonable... It's not even that much in reality.

Someone please hear my cry... The prices are too much now - We ask for a better update!!
  • Forest34Forest34 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone lost their friends since the update? I had connected with other players previous to the update and then not long after updating they all disappeared. Has something changed with how we connect with other players or is this a bug?
    Gatsby wrote: »
    If others haven’t noticed, it’s now costing heirlooms (ten!) to create new character after retirement. Used to just a few regular coins. Heirlooms much to valuable to be subbed in like this, and ten is extremely high!

Yikes. No I haven't noticed this!
    I haven't made any new characters. I get too attached to my sims LOL but I might retire my sims for the first time soon.
    However, I've noticed I've gotten more of the blue heirlooms this week.
    Forest34 wrote: »
    Has anyone lost their friends since the update? I had connected with other players previous to the update and then not long after updating they all disappeared. Has something changed with how we connect with other players or is this a bug?

I haven't noticed this in my game. You should probably report it as a bug. I do know that the contacts section always lags, before and after the update. I hope they could find a way to fix that.

I like the new area unlocked, it’s been a long time waiting! The new updates brought to simplify things as well as helped to not have a billion things to do for one task. I don’t have a problem with the prices so far, but I know the time is coming.
    But I’m not thrilled with the LlamaZoom. I would like to see the home tickets brought back. Some of us can’t always get online in time to complete the LlamaZoom tasks and so it takes FOREVER to get Llamas to complete upgrades. Home tickets were easier to collect and let us upgrade faster through home events and unlocking items. I still wouldn’t mind having the LlamaZoom if it would be for things of special unlocking or such, but NOT the main source of upgrading and unlocking new items. I know it’s been said before, but it seriously is an issue. I love the game, but when something blocks you from having fun(such as life, because everyone has one) you can’t complete an impossible task and you lose players. If the creators intend to keep the LlamaZoom, at least increase the amount gained from tasks and let us have the option to finish ALL of the first on screen tasks from her before she leaves?
    New hobbies too would’ve been a great addition, but sadly none were. Maybe bring in a dojo, pool, track, soccer, etc.?
    Second story houses would be a nice addition too!!

I have noticed that the more you do the llamazoom tasks, the more tasks you get. & I also finally received long / standard shifts as llama tasks. So, at least there's that lol As a suggestion, I would like to maybe have the option of choosing what task length we'd like to do to better accommodate those who are not able to play as often; so there would be buttons or a dropdown at the top that say 'Quick', 'Standard', 'Long'. and then we choose the theme for the tasks.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Minihoney98Minihoney98 Posts: 3 New Member
    Strongly request EA add cupcakes as
  • Minihoney98Minihoney98 Posts: 3 New Member
    Strongly request EA to add cupcakes as part of the Ilama zoom rewards. I miss how we get at least one cupcake everyday. Now the cupcakes are so random. I haven't gotten one 2 days in a row.
  • Telegraph778Telegraph778 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I’m doing the LlamaZoom tasks to completion but i’m not getting the tokens at the end of it. Any help?