Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello! My name is Marvin, but I am also know under my online alias "Silverdroid".

I started playing The Sims in 2009. By The Sims, I mean The Sims. The original released in 2000 :)
    Very soon, I also got The Sims 3, which remains my favorite part of the series until today.
    Eventually, I also tried out The Sims 2 at some point, which I also like a lot. Probably my #2 Sims game.
    I never really got into The Sims 4, but I really like the new Build Mode, Create A Sim, and Live Mode.

I actually signed up to get some help with getting The Sims 3 up and running on my newer laptop, but I hope to meet some new people here and contribute to this friendly community!

1 - My favorite Expansion Packs:

Sims 1 - My favorite expansion is Unleashed, because it extended the neighborhood by a lot and added so many cool new houses and features. It made the game feel less limited and added a lot of fun!

Sims 2 - My favorite expansion is Nightlife, because of the added downtown, cars, and many more.
    My favorite stuff pack was the IKEA Stuff pack. Because I love IKEA furniture :)

Sims 3 - My favorite expansions are World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. World Adventures adds the ability to explore three different worlds, which added so much new gameplay. Ambitions added so many fun careers, and Late Night also added a ton of stuff.
    My favorite stuff pack is High-End Loft Stuff. The furniture looks really modern and cool!

Sims 4 - I can't really judge, but it's probably Get Together or City Living.

2 - My favorite things to do:

My favorite thing to do is interior design. I work as a graphic designer IRL; maybe that's why. I also love building, but my standards are very high, so I mostly scrap any building projects because I am not satisfied with them. Of course I also love playing with my Sims in Live Mode!

3 - Cheats I use:

Actually, I love to play without cheats. Motherlode takes away the fun, and setting your needs to static can get boring.
    However, moveObjects, constrainFloorElevation, placeFriezes and some more are cheats that I use :)

4 - My tips and tricks:

For The Sims 1 - if you haven't tried it yet, do it. It is way harder than any other Sims game, but make sure to stock up on expansions so it doesn't get boring too fast!

For The Sims 2, just have a lot of fun, play with all different Sims, and create your own neighborhood. That game is one of the most fun Sims games and there's so much to do.

For The Sims 3, keep your save files clean kids. And don't litter your game with too much Custom Content and too many Expansions :(
    Besides Performance Issues, explore the world, learn skills, or mess around and erase the whole neighborhood with a meteor :')

For The Sims 4, don't spend your entire paycheck on expansions ;););)

5 - No, I don't have The Sims 4. But you probably figured that out by now.

I used to have it installed on my older laptop, though. It was fun to play in Live Mode. Building was also extremely fun (and so much easier than in The Sims 3). But it just felt so limited because of the small world sizes and half-baked gameplay.

Thanks for reading this far and have a good day/night and a great weekend :)

Hello @Silverdroid :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing the original The Sims, then that led you onto getting Sims 3 and then Sims 2 and Sims 4. Each version of the game is very enjoyable and fun to play! It was nice reading about your favourite expansion and stuff packs for each of the versions. The packs that you enjoy are great to have in our games !
    It is very nice that you can bring aspects of your real life career as a Graphic Designer into the interior design parts of playing the game. The build mode cheats are very helpful as we express our creativity in our builds!
    I hope that your Sims 3 game issues are worked out and fixed for you very soon.
    Happy simming! :)
  • SilverdroidSilverdroid Posts: 14 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you :) Seems like this community is a very nice and helpful place!
  • DOKKOMDOKKOM Posts: 27 Member
    I can't make a new dicission. Sorrow..
    DOKKOM wrote: »
    I can't make a new dicission. Sorrow..

Hello @DOKKOM :) Welcome to the forums!
    Congratulations on becoming a full member :) You will now be able to start new threads.
  • crazylady34crazylady34 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm trying to build up enough points to post photos! I love creating sims and love making them for others
    I'm trying to build up enough points to post photos! I love creating sims and love making them for others

Hello @crazylady34 :) I posted on the other thread to you, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    It is very kind of you to make sims for other people <3 They would be very appreciative.
  • crazylady34crazylady34 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16713048"][quote="crazylady34;c-16712576"]I'm trying to build up enough points to post photos! I love creating sims and love making them for others[/quote]

Hello @crazylady34 :) I posted on the other thread to you, but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    It is very kind of you to make sims for other people <3 They would be very appreciative.[/quote]

Thank you so much! I hope to show people my weird and wonderful creations soon!
    rosemow wrote: »

It is very kind of you to make sims for other people <3 They would be very appreciative.

Thank you so much! I hope to show people my weird and wonderful creations soon!

You’re welcome :)
  • MermaidDisasterMermaidDisaster Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey hey hey! I'm not knew to any sims. I have mostly every pack of sims 3 and working my way to getting all of sims 4. But desided to give this a try. Figured "Hey, why not?" kind of thing. Im pretty in to depth on sim knowledge.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    My favorite EP would have to be pets on sims 3. And i'm so looking forward to getting cats and dogs on sims 3.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love building houses. Like I loveeee to design and build houses and gardens.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I do play with cheats. My most used are:
    testingcheats on
    testingcheats true
    sims.give_satisfaction_points x
    bb.moveobjects
    motherlode

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    None at the moment honestly

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do have sims4 and least favorite thing is in CAS where they dont have the color wheel like they do in sims 3. Favorite thing is Mods and building
    Hey hey hey! I'm not knew to any sims. I have mostly every pack of sims 3 and working my way to getting all of sims 4. But desided to give this a try. Figured "Hey, why not?" kind of thing. Im pretty in to depth on sim knowledge.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    My favorite EP would have to be pets on sims 3. And i'm so looking forward to getting cats and dogs on sims 3.

I love building houses. Like I loveeee to design and build houses and gardens.

I do play with cheats. My most used are:
    testingcheats on
    testingcheats true
    sims.give_satisfaction_points x
    bb.moveobjects
    motherlode

None at the moment honestly

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do have sims4 and least favorite thing is in CAS where they dont have the color wheel like they do in sims 3. Favorite thing is Mods and building

Hello @MermaidDisaster :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Pets and Sims 4 Cats and Dogs expansion packs are great! It is nice for our sims to have pets as a part of their household. It is enjoyable seeing the interaction between sims and their pets.
    Building and furnishing homes is a very special part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game!
    The cheats that you use are very helpful in the game! The moo cheat allows us to combine and to place items in a variety of new and creative ways!
  • TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    Hi, I'm Tink,

I live in the UK and have been playing the game since Sims 2 and lurking around the forums for quite a while now watching challenges. I've finally decided to enter the current building challenge so here I am.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Sims 3 Ambitions and Generations probably. I loved having my own shop and labelling what was for sale.

Building. I spend 85% of my time building and decorating rather than actually playing my Sims.

I play with build cheats like move objects for all house and show hidden items for commercial lots.

Don't build rooms too big because it takes away the cosy feeling in homes and use the Sims 3 camera option to rotate objects any angle you like to add that real feeling in game.

Yes, it's my main Sims game now. I love the graphics and design tools, plus the different Sim moods. My least favourite thing is the lack of different stairs. As a builder, they really restrict things, it's VERY annoying.
    TinkPlays wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Tink,

I live in the UK and have been playing the game since Sims 2 and lurking around the forums for quite a while now watching challenges. I've finally decided to enter the current building challenge so here I am.

Sims 3 Ambitions and Generations probably. I loved having my own shop and labelling what was for sale.

Building. I spend 85% of my time building and decorating rather than actually playing my Sims.

I play with build cheats like move objects for all house and show hidden items for commercial lots.

Don't build rooms too big because it takes away the cosy feeling in homes and use the Sims 3 camera option to rotate objects any angle you like to add that real feeling in game.

Yes, it's my main Sims game now. I love the graphics and design tools, plus the different Sim moods. My least favourite thing is the lack of different stairs. As a builder, they really restrict things, it's VERY annoying.

Hello @TinkPlays :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many happy and enjoyable simming hours over the time playing and creating in the game!
    Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game, and fun at the same time! I hope that you go well in the build challenge that you are doing. Build mode cheats are very helpful when we are doing our builds! A request for more different stairs is on the builders feedback thread.
  • SinilitySinility Posts: 31 Member
    Good morning!

First I want to say that I love the Sims community. This setup to help new members is amazing. Thank you!!

Second I'll introduce myself - I'm Sinility but most people refer to me as Sini or Sin. :) I have been playing The Sims siiiinnncccceeee . . . . boy, Sims Online?! I played that for a minute, then started with the first Sims games when they were launched. Followed all the way until now. With the Sims 4 I have dabbled in building [MACSammi in the gallery. Or some of my first work is under sammigreen - (my other account that is forever gone D: )] I enjoy building houses and rooms, there something about it that is calming, lol. My favorite thing to do in the game is building and decorating. My skills aren't top tier I just like to do it for fun.

So far, I do not really have a favorite expansion pack, although I did return to the game for Seasons and I am loving the Holidays.

In general - I do like the emotions and the reactions associated. It's fun to see my little stomp around because she's angry xD

Rarely and if I do it's a quick moveobjects on/off or free real estate for moving in NPC households. I do have the MC Contoller - This thing is AMAZING! Credit to the creator for sure. I couldn't play a legacy without my world repopulating.

The only thing I would suggest would be to get an addon to enable world story progression with aging and marriage etc. I have tried to play without it, and the population just gets stagnant.

I do have the Sims 4, I miss the open world so much! I loved being able to have my sims just leave and do whatever. I really wish that would come back - or at least, make the surrounding area open. I hate trying to visit a neighbor and going through the load screen. Other than that, the building is better than it has been. It's easier to build houses now and I think that is what sparked my passion.
    Sinility wrote: »
    Good morning!

First I want to say that I love the Sims community. This setup to help new members is amazing. Thank you!!

Second I'll introduce myself - I'm Sinility but most people refer to me as Sini or Sin. :) I have been playing The Sims siiiinnncccceeee . . . . boy, Sims Online?! I played that for a minute, then started with the first Sims games when they were launched. Followed all the way until now. With the Sims 4 I have dabbled in building [MACSammi in the gallery. Or some of my first work is under sammigreen - (my other account that is forever gone D: )] I enjoy building houses and rooms, there something about it that is calming, lol. My favorite thing to do in the game is building and decorating. My skills aren't top tier I just like to do it for fun.

So far, I do not really have a favorite expansion pack, although I did return to the game for Seasons and I am loving the Holidays.

In general - I do like the emotions and the reactions associated. It's fun to see my little stomp around because she's angry xD

Rarely and if I do it's a quick moveobjects on/off or free real estate for moving in NPC households. I do have the MC Contoller - This thing is AMAZING! Credit to the creator for sure. I couldn't play a legacy without my world repopulating.

The only thing I would suggest would be to get an addon to enable world story progression with aging and marriage etc. I have tried to play without it, and the population just gets stagnant.

I do have the Sims 4, I miss the open world so much! I loved being able to have my sims just leave and do whatever. I really wish that would come back - or at least, make the surrounding area open. I hate trying to visit a neighbor and going through the load screen. Other than that, the building is better than it has been. It's easier to build houses now and I think that is what sparked my passion.

Hello @Sinility :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original The Sims was released, and have been playing the versions as they were released.
    It is great that you are enjoying building houses and rooms. It is an enjoyable way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is fun working out what architectural style to do , the colour scheme and the type of funishings to use!
    MCCC is a very helpful mod! It adds many great features to the game! It is very kind of Deaderpool to create the mod and keep it uptodate.
  • SinilitySinility Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you for posting the creator's name! I was just looking it up to add :)
  • Bunny_AttackBunny_Attack Posts: 21 Member
    I already introduced myself over at @rosemow 's thread, but I'll leave a shortened version here.
    My name's Emma, I've played the Sims since 2008 with The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and have played TS3 since it was released in 2009 and own TS2 Ultimate Collection, and every content pack with TS3, and am building up my TS4 collection. As for the starter questions:
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? I like all of them, but my favorite has to be Supernatural. I still remember playing TS2 has a little girl and wishing fairies were in the game. I also really enjoy the town of Moonlight Falls. It's the only town where I made over the townies because I use it so often.
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Honestly, I love how you rarely need to have/create custom traits, because the ones in-game are vast.
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? All of them, honestly. I use testingcheatsenabled and freerealestate a lot. I do end up having to use "resetsim *" fairly often, sometimes the town just freezes.
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Disconnect from the internet before playing, don't use the launcher, Nraas has mods that can help with lag, merge your mods/cc to decrease load time (but some mods shouldn't be merged, so watch out for that)
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? I bought TS4 a couple of months after it was released. I really enjoy the faster load times, even with copious amounts of cc, and the cas/build freedom. I don't really have anything that I dislike, per say, but there are many things I miss from TS3 and am hoping that Eaxis will add in some old things from TS3 but I'm not holding my breath.
    I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
    Hello @Bunny_Attack :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “happy simming” again!
    Cheats are very helpful in the game! They especially help when issues arise, and when used in build mode they help us to express our creativity in new creative ways!
    The fairies in Sims 3 Supernatural are great! It is enjoyable having sims that are fairies when playing Sims 3.
  • lolofrolololofrolo Posts: 29 Member
    Hi! I just found this topic hah but I am browsing this forum for a long time
    Maybe I am just too shy
    Welp! My name is Sasha, but u can call me by my nickname Scottie!
    I am from Russia so I may have problems with English so sorry!
    I am 23 now and I am playing Sims for 10 years now I think
    And I have a lot of mods in TS2 TS3 and TS4 as long as I am playing sims hahaha
    My friends always joking that I am in love with mods more then with people and dealing with it more time than playing Sims.

Well... In Sims 2, which is my favorite game, I LOVE Pets, Night life and University. In Sims 4 I was waiting so hard for pets so Cats&Dogs is my favorite, but I love Vampires and Seasons very much too.

Ugh I do not really know, I love everything. I love to make a story, make a BIG genealogy tree, make all townies related haha. And I love playing with VAmpires very much. But I thing the most favorite part is Glitches. Oh god since SIms 2 I have a collection of screenshots with funniest glitches and bugs from the game. Its hilarious.

hmm... I used a lot of cheats, some of them I cant remember. When I was younger I used motherlode and maxmotives a lot but now it is too easy so I use only testing cheats (still remember this code in all games exept TS1 - Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true, TestingCheatsEnabled true and TestingCheats true. Every new game the cheat is shorter, maybe in TS 5 it will be Cheats on hahaha)
    And sometimes I use FreeRealEstate on to full town with townies.
    And I use headlineeffects off for screenshots.
    Earlier there were cheats for jobs, death, characters, I think I used allmost every cheat, oh god

Uh. U need to save your game as often as u can(
    And also have fun!!!

I have Sims 4. My favorite thing is CAS. ooooh its the first Sims game where I can make real persons and THEY REALLY LOOK THE SAME! I love amotions and a lot of actions.
    But I do not like that development, if I can call it so, is so slow. I hated sims 4 for not having TODDLERS O M G. It feeld like I am playing some wierd beta. Now it feels very good but still not as good as Sims 2.
  • stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    Sul sul friends, Stella here!

Of the ones that I own, I have to say I adore the Movie Stuff Pack (I'm a movie/tv fanatic myself and love all the furniture, popcorn machine, and TVs!) - and my favourite EP is City Living. San Myushino is arguably my favourite area (altho Windenburg, I'm coming for you!) and I love that the pack brought so much culture into the game with this pack. Plus who doesn't like festivals?!

Good question - I think the thing I love the most about it is how creative I can be in so many ways. Whether it be coming up with storylines for my Sims (currently playing runaway teenagers who kidnapped their little sister, rags to riches, etc.), creating beautiful makeup looks & outfits in CAS, building homes and decorating apartments, etc. Plus there's so much to do! I also love that I can bond with lots of my internet friends over the game. We share each-other's storylines and get so invested in our own families that we Sim-swap them into our save files!

Hehehe,,, yes. Mainly the 'Make Sim Happy' when my families are all so miserable from working (and/or that time I had triplet toddlers!!) and being able to move objects around to my liking for aesthetic reasons in my houses. I'm also a CC lover (Team Alpha!!) but does that really count as a cheat? :wink:

Save! Save the game! Save it twice! Save it eight times!!! Also reiterating the above - putting your friends' Sims into your game is so neat! I love seeing them around in my Sims world.

Yes, absolutely! I love everything about TS4 - I can't think of anything 'least favourite' that comes to mind. Maybe the odd time it glitches??
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
    lolofrolo wrote: »
    Hi! I just found this topic hah but I am browsing this forum for a long time
    Maybe I am just too shy
    Welp! My name is Sasha, but u can call me by my nickname Scottie!
    I am from Russia so I may have problems with English so sorry!
    I am 23 now and I am playing Sims for 10 years now I think
    And I have a lot of mods in TS2 TS3 and TS4 as long as I am playing sims hahaha
    My friends always joking that I am in love with mods more then with people and dealing with it more time than playing Sims.

Well... In Sims 2, which is my favorite game, I LOVE Pets, Night life and University. In Sims 4 I was waiting so hard for pets so Cats&Dogs is my favorite, but I love Vampires and Seasons very much too.

Ugh I do not really know, I love everything. I love to make a story, make a BIG genealogy tree, make all townies related haha. And I love playing with VAmpires very much. But I thing the most favorite part is Glitches. Oh god since SIms 2 I have a collection of screenshots with funniest glitches and bugs from the game. Its hilarious.

hmm... I used a lot of cheats, some of them I cant remember. When I was younger I used motherlode and maxmotives a lot but now it is too easy so I use only testing cheats (still remember this code in all games exept TS1 - Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true, TestingCheatsEnabled true and TestingCheats true. Every new game the cheat is shorter, maybe in TS 5 it will be Cheats on hahaha)
    And sometimes I use FreeRealEstate on to full town with townies.
    And I use headlineeffects off for screenshots.
    Earlier there were cheats for jobs, death, characters, I think I used allmost every cheat, oh god

Uh. U need to save your game as often as u can(
    And also have fun!!!

I have Sims 4. My favorite thing is CAS. ooooh its the first Sims game where I can make real persons and THEY REALLY LOOK THE SAME! I love amotions and a lot of actions.
    But I do not like that development, if I can call it so, is so slow. I hated sims 4 for not having TODDLERS O M G. It feeld like I am playing some wierd beta. Now it feels very good but still not as good as Sims 2.

Hello @lolofrolo :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you enjoy playing with mods. There are many great mods for simmers to enjoy having in their games! Modders are very thoughtful to share their creations with fellow simmers so as other simmers can enjoy also having their creations in their games.
    The Sims 2 and Sims 4 expansion packs that you like are great packs to have in our games!
    Cheats are very helpful to use when playing the game! They help to fix up game issues that occur, and building cheats allow us to express our creativity in new and a variety of different ways.
    The Sims 4 CAS tools are great to use when we are creating sims. They are very helpful in creating sims that look how we want them to look in our games.
    stellanova wrote: »
    Sul sul friends, Stella here!

Of the ones that I own, I have to say I adore the Movie Stuff Pack (I'm a movie/tv fanatic myself and love all the furniture, popcorn machine, and TVs!) - and my favourite EP is City Living. San Myushino is arguably my favourite area (altho Windenburg, I'm coming for you!) and I love that the pack brought so much culture into the game with this pack. Plus who doesn't like festivals?!

Good question - I think the thing I love the most about it is how creative I can be in so many ways. Whether it be coming up with storylines for my Sims (currently playing runaway teenagers who kidnapped their little sister, rags to riches, etc.), creating beautiful makeup looks & outfits in CAS, building homes and decorating apartments, etc. Plus there's so much to do! I also love that I can bond with lots of my internet friends over the game. We share each-other's storylines and get so invested in our own families that we Sim-swap them into our save files!

Hehehe,,, yes. Mainly the 'Make Sim Happy' when my families are all so miserable from working (and/or that time I had triplet toddlers!!) and being able to move objects around to my liking for aesthetic reasons in my houses. I'm also a CC lover (Team Alpha!!) but does that really count as a cheat? :wink:

Save! Save the game! Save it twice! Save it eight times!!! Also reiterating the above - putting your friends' Sims into your game is so neat! I love seeing them around in my Sims world.

Yes, absolutely! I love everything about TS4 - I can't think of anything 'least favourite' that comes to mind. Maybe the odd time it glitches??

Hello @stellanova :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say “ happy simming” again :)
    The packs that you enjoy having in your game are great! The build mode items in Movie Stuff pack are great to use in our sims homes and builds!
    It is nice that we can express our creativity through the game in a variety of enjoyable ways :)
    Your tip to save the game is very important! It is not good to lose game progress when glitches occur, and we have to exit the game after a lengthy time without saving :(
  • ifloralbloodifloralblood Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm new and I hate this this trittle trattle of having to gain "Points" to use profile picture and the main functions of a forum system
  • ifloralbloodifloralblood Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been playing The Sims since it came out on PS2