Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closing Down

Hey, I have heard lots of rumors and i want to know if it is true??? Are these forums being closed down??? I rlly hope they aren't cause i have had so many problems fixed because of this site. :'(<3<3

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited August 2018
    These forums won't be closed. Only the Sims 4 Help Center has been closed/set on read only and you have to go to AHQ insted. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944808/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center
  • Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks @Gagea
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I sure hope not.I don't like the EA forums, I prefer these forums lol.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Facebook, Twitter, Instagram will come and go according to fashion and have limits on how many words etc., plus those infuriating omnipresent gifs I get tired of. I've also got a lot of useful info. from this Forum but it will go the way most EA Forums go eventually but not for some time I hope.

This seems to be the only (mostly) sensible one that is not allowed to descend into rants eventually!
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited August 2018
    Gagea wrote: »
    These forums won't be closed. Only the Sims 4 Help Center has been closed/set on read only and you have to go to AHQ insted. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944808/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center

It may not be without reason that @Bubblyboo2 asks for these rumors.
    Perhaps you are not aware that the Danish Forum will be closed down on Monday :(:'(:s
    This applies to all the Scandinavian forums
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited August 2018
    I do know that the Danish forums are closed as well as the Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Czech ones. But none of the EA representatives has given any hints that these forums here, the English/US forums, would be closed in the near future.
    @Gagea Yes, but from my point of view it is a small consolation :/
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    I was surprised actually that they hadn't done this sooner. They closed the help forums on Swtor a little over a year ago so I was half-expecting them to do that here as well.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    As a Danish Sims player I feel betrayed and shut out from EA Forums. That's why I place this message here to say goodbye. What I thought was a part of the game has been taken away. I am sad, because I have done a lot of work, translating different posts to help Danish users that don't understand English technical language very well, and I have been making stuff for the game, also for the users of the English forum. That is sadly over now. I need to leave, because I don't feel appreciated anymore. I can't write in Danish in here, so I have no use for this forum. If anyone English want to get in contact to the EA ID simsister, you can find me on our new private Sims forum. And you are allowed to write in English there, too. So feel welcome. http://dksimlinger.danskforum.net/
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    We aren’t allowed to help each other anymore because when you do they close the thread,

Why can’t they at least realize that doing so not only creates more work for the mods but also broadcasts to us that they are more interested in controlling us with pointless and counterproductive restrictions than maintains an enjoyable and welcoming community?

I’ve seriously considered leaving and requesting to have my account deleted to reduce any temptation to return in the future. I have no doubt there are others here who have felt the same.

The forum isn’t going to close, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it becomes a lot less active over time if things continue down this path. A forum can’t thrive with an unhappy userbase. People will just go elsewhere.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    We aren’t allowed to help each other anymore because when you do they close the thread,

Why can’t they at least realize that doing so not only creates more work for the mods but also broadcasts to us that they are more interested in controlling us with pointless and counterproductive restrictions than maintains an enjoyable and welcoming community?

I’ve seriously considered leaving and requesting to have my account deleted to reduce any temptation to return in the future. I have no doubt there are others here who have felt the same.

The forum isn’t going to close, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it becomes a lot less active over time if things continue down this path. A forum can’t thrive with an unhappy userbase. People will just go elsewhere.

I don't think you can close your account on the forums unless you close your accounts on Origin. Because if you have an Origin ID you can post on any EA forum. I think the only way to remove yourself from here is for them to ban you without closing your Origin account for other Origin games, or EA games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't think you can close your account on the forums unless you close your accounts on Origin. Because if you have an Origin ID you can post on any EA forum. I think the only way to remove yourself from here is for them to ban you without closing your Origin account for other Origin games, or EA games.

You can request for your forum account to be deleted.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Bubblyboo2 wrote: »
    Hey, I have heard lots of rumors and i want to know if it is true??? Are these forums being closed down??? I rlly hope they aren't cause i have had so many problems fixed because of this site. :'(<3<3

Some of the regional forums are closing (there's a comment about it from one of the EA mods in another thread)

I think they want all the bug reports in one place at Answers HQ, so it's easier for the SimGurus in charge of fixing them to track them and work on fixing them.

I don't think you can close your account unless you're giving up on playing the Sims or any other EA game that's tied to Origin.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    As a Danish Sims player I feel betrayed and shut out from EA Forums. That's why I place this message here to say goodbye. What I thought was a part of the game has been taken away. I am sad, because I have done a lot of work, translating different posts to help Danish users that don't understand English technical language very well, and I have been making stuff for the game, also for the users of the English forum. That is sadly over now. I need to leave, because I don't feel appreciated anymore. I can't write in Danish in here, so I have no use for this forum. If anyone English want to get in contact to the EA ID simsister, you can find me on our new private Sims forum. And you are allowed to write in English there, too. So feel welcome. http://dksimlinger.danskforum.net/

I am saddened to hear this! I understand the efforts of translating content for people firsthand. If I could sign a petition to keep the Danish as well as any other other forums that aren't in English open, I would be eager to. In fact, if one does open please do not hesitate to message me or send a link to it. It's appalling that many disregard other languages in gaming communities. I'll desist from saying further on the subject lest I delve into a two page rant with MLA citations about the importance of the work you've done on the forums.

@Duende We Danes have started our own Danish forum. So far, we have 23 members, but new members are coming up as they meet the closed Danish language Forum.
    Most of our members refuse to have anything to do with the English Forum. Therefore, I doubt that Simsister2004 sees your message. Our members are very disappointed that EA can not afford a language forum as a member service, in return for the large sums of money we have spent on Sims over the last 14 years.
    I'm also disappointed, but I like to see what is being produced in Creative Corner so therefore I am still here

One advantage of our new Private Forum is that we have at least the right to ask each other for help with technical and other problems in our game without being referred to AHQ ;)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    This is sad when by using the Translate symbol at the top of an Edge browser page I can translate the whole Forum webpage into the language I choose so easily without leaving it. There are not too many mistakes these days provided there are not too many wannas and gonnas in the text.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Those rumors are false. We have 3 more years of TS4. Their not going to close the forums atleast not before The Sims 4 Ends.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member

Those rumors are false. We have 3 more years of TS4. Their not going to close the forums atleast not before The Sims 4 Ends.

@catloverplayer I'm glad to hear that there is at least 3 years left TS4 because I don't want to start all over again with TS5. Did the Gurus confirm that there is at least 3 years left?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    rjssim wrote: »

@catloverplayer I'm glad to hear that there is at least 3 years left TS4 because I don't want to start all over again with TS5. Did the Gurus confirm that there is at least 3 years left?

http://simscommunity.info/2018/05/27/the-sims-4-will-have-new-content-for-years-out/

Grant also mentioned it in an article by Variety: http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/20/the-sims-4-new-content-in-plan-for-next-3-years/

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/the-sims-4-seasons-interview-1202840327/
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    rjssim wrote: »

http://simscommunity.info/2018/05/27/the-sims-4-will-have-new-content-for-years-out/

Grant also mentioned it in an article by Variety: http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/20/the-sims-4-new-content-in-plan-for-next-3-years/

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/the-sims-4-seasons-interview-1202840327/

Thanks.