Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Disney Princess 10 Gen Challenge!

Comments

• CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    Hey, guys!

New chapter from me, if anyone's interested! :smile:

Chapter 3.21: Like a rain
  • StormySkyStormySky Posts: 35 Member
    So, let's talk about Snow White as your first person what 🐸🐸🐸🐸*t this is lol. Currently only have four kids, thus three more to go. I have Snow as a single mother so I can get all 7 kids without any extra complications, and she is not a happy mom anymore. Her two oldest are girls, only children right now but Alycia is about to become a teen, but Snow has twin toddlers; Dahlia and Evander. They are not easy to keep happy and I live in constant fear that they will be taken away from me.
    Note to anyone who is starting this challenge: wait to have your next child until your youngest is actual child age, not toddler. Jeezum crow. I don't think I've done a challenge this hard before. That is not to say that I hate it; on the contrary I'm quite enjoying the challenge. Just be aware.
    StormySky wrote: »
    So, let's talk about Snow White as your first person what plum*t this is lol. Currently only have four kids, thus three more to go. I have Snow as a single mother so I can get all 7 kids without any extra complications, and she is not a happy mom anymore. Her two oldest are girls, only children right now but Alycia is about to become a teen, but Snow has twin toddlers; Dahlia and Evander. They are not easy to keep happy and I live in constant fear that they will be taken away from me.
    Note to anyone who is starting this challenge: wait to have your next child until your youngest is actual child age, not toddler. Jeezum crow. I don't think I've done a challenge this hard before. That is not to say that I hate it; on the contrary I'm quite enjoying the challenge. Just be aware.

I suddenly feel so grateful that I played the first generation before the toddlers were patched in! :lol: Although I'm thinking about replaying it now just for fun and for the challenge!
    Its so worth it! I like how frustrating they are for me, and all the trouble they get into. I'm doing it sans the need for each child to succeed in their aspirations or get an A in school as I've already got my hands full with them, but other than that it's very exciting for me.
    StormySky wrote: »
    Its so worth it! I like how frustrating they are for me, and all the trouble they get into. I'm doing it sans the need for each child to succeed in their aspirations or get an A in school as I've already got my hands full with them, but other than that it's very exciting for me.

Yes, I feel like the point about completing the aspirations/getting an A became obsolete once the toddlers were introduced. It was only there to make the challenge more difficult, which is no longer necessary with toddlers in the game. Ugh, now I actually wish they were around when I was playing Snow White. :lol:

Good luck with yours, though! Share some pictures if you feel like it, I would love to see the chaos, haha!

So, I'm about to finish up with Snow, and I just have a general question to those of you who have completed this part or the whole challenge: What did you do with the other 6 children/dwarves? Did you let them stay in the house or did you move them out? Did you move Cinderella into her husband's house after Snow dies?
    @StormySky In the original legacy challenge by pinstar, one of the rules is that heirs must always live on the family lot the founder bought. So I assume that's what most people do, unless they want to move the heir for story-telling purposes.

I kept my Cinderella with her husband, kids and her closest sister in the original house. The rest of the children, I moved them out and gave them lives and families of their own.
  • VibewnaishaVibewnaisha Posts: 2 New Member
    With this challenge I decided to be a little extra and download custom jobs for the princesses. I searched up " If disney princesses had jobs" and went forward from there. Snow white has a social worker job and Belle is a librarian. So far this challenge has been great. I even customized the princes and made them look like they do in the movies.
    With this challenge I decided to be a little extra and download custom jobs for the princesses. I searched up " If disney princesses had jobs" and went forward from there. Snow white has a social worker job and Belle is a librarian. So far this challenge has been great. I even customized the princes and made them look like they do in the movies.

Great idea with Belle, interesting choice for Snow, however.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    My 6th generation (Sleeping Beauty) has officially started in my story!! I love this challenge so much!

suRdkSd.jpg
  • rcm_113rcm_113 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi Everyone,

Better late to the game than never! My granddaughters and I are combining ideas to do this challenge. So far so fun. Of course we made some mistakes right out of the box but I think we are getting the hang of it now. Here's what we are up to, we are on an xbox one so I don't think I can do screenshots. If that isn't true would someone help me out?

First Gen Snow White and our princess is named - Snow White. Original I know. Our first mistake? She answered the door to the Welcome Wagon. Then she married Prince Charming. Even though I knew about the 8 person household max it just didn't register so... we kicked the firstborn out of the house before we had the last. All the kids have black hair and either blue or brown eyes. Ella is an odd duck with Blonde hair and blue eyes. We did manage to avoid speaking to any elderly woman (even the nanny). Yay!

Here are the kids in order of birth:

Caleb (gloomy)
    Lena - twin with Lindsay (lazy)
    Lindsay (slob)
    Elijah - twin with Ella (erratic)
    Ella (mean - although Snow may have 8 kids so that Ella can be good, if that isn't cheating?)
    Sterling (evil)
    ? (in the womb)

We all live (or lived) in the Ophelia Villa in Willow Creek. It was the closest to the sort of house Snow's evil stepmother might have had. As the family grew we expanded the small attic room to be a large shared kids room with 6 beds and all the toys you could want (and a bath... why does Prince Charming always take a bath there?) Anyway all I can say about that is I really hate the monster under the bed. 4 out of 6 kids get woke up by it every night. Makes toddlers seem easy.

The plan is for Caleb to move out (done). Have the last baby and work on those aspirations and grades for Lena, Lindsay, Elijah, Sterling, Ella and the new baby. At some point after the last baby Snow has to pass away (although without cheating a bit I'm not sure how to accomplish that) so that the Prince can remarry a horrible woman aka Cinderella's evil stepmom. He will then die. Lena and Lindsay will stay in the house to be the ugly sisters. What's after that? We're working on it. Once it is just the Stepmom, ugly sisters, and Ella we plan to change the attic room back to a small size for Cinderella. We already have her cleaning up a lot.

This is a lot of fun and is a great way for me to do something fun with my girls. I'll let you know what happens!
  • destordy78destordy78 Posts: 2 New Member
    I actually just started this today on my Tumblr. I am already loving the concept and what direction I want to take it. You can find it on Tumblr by searching disneysimzgeek or going to my main blog Geeky-Simz. I like to turn mine into stories and I try my best to follow all the rules but I'm only human, after all. Lol. Please check mine out. I just started posting today so it's not much, but I do have it queued up. :)
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    Hey, I started my own challenge a few months back and just recently decided to do a write up of it. It's nothing fancy and I'm not the best at this thing, but if anybody is interested, here's where I'm putting it all: parablelegacy.wordpress.com/

I am currently on Tiana (she hasn't yet married though she has pretty much taken over the family already and turned everything around.)

So far though, I have only briefly made it though Snow's story. I have a looong way to go.... And since I neglected to chronicle some parts, I have gone back to recreating parts of her story. Not to change, of course, just to get pictures. Haha.
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    Finally onto Cinderella. She's happily married to a very nice Sim that shares two traits with her. They (that is to say, I) only intended to have one child, but ended up with twin girls! So, I decided that Tiana would have Pocahontas as her twin sister. This will be interesting....
    My third gen and current, Tiana with her brothers:
    bfJUKpu.png

Cinderella and her parents (sort of):
    mKGY85v.png

Cinderella and three of her siblings after the husband of the other blue clothed one died:
    Vt5SrUp.png

Cinderella's parents (before the children):
    sQFg3Bz.png
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • MagicalPanda2003MagicalPanda2003 Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2018
    I started this a while back, but only just got back to playing it.

My Snow White was called Sasha (Perfectionist, Creative, Family-Oriented) and her 7 children were:
    Luke (glutton)
    Matthew (squeamish)
    Eloise (self-assured)
    Jacob (erratic) and Issac (slob)
    Isabel (unflirty)
    Ethan (gloomy)

The father was Salim Benali and he was married to Sasha, the kids actually turned out quite cute despite my misgivings.
    In my game he has just died from old age and it wont be long until the same happens to Sasha :'(
    She was a stay-at-home mom and mastered the Painting, Parenting and Cooking skills, and basically made the family fortune (about 75,000 Simoleans) + a large house.

bup1L0d.png
    Sasha and Salim Benali

My Cinderella, Isabel (Foodie, Neat, Unflirty) is a teen but only a few days until YA, she will probably dye her hair blonde for obvious reasons, and she lives with her mom, younger brother (Ethan) and her older brother (Jacob), who I have decided will be an eternal bachelor and has a career as a secret agent.

oEHc9iF.png
    Isabel Benali and her boyfriend (Finley Warner)

Its a really fun challenge and although I really struggled with the seven toddlers thing, its over now and the next generation can begin.
  • FrosstFrosst Posts: 1 New Member
    What happens if your snow dies before she can have all 7 children?
    Frosst wrote: »
    What happens if your snow dies before she can have all 7 children?

If your Snow has already passed, I don't really have any advice for you. However, if it's just a random question out of curiosity for 'just in case' purposes, someone else asked a similar question that the OP replied to:
    > @ZaBZ85 said:
    > I have to confess, One of them didn't manage to get an A or finish his aspiration... Oopsie!! But now I'm stuck, Both parents are turning elder in 2 days, and I have 6 childrens! The oldest will only turn into a young adult in 5 days!

You can totally age them early if it is required for the Disney part of the challenge! Or, get a mod

In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
    edited August 2018
    Current
    YUTZeNr.png
    Post edited by arliel on
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • LegitFeeLegitFee Posts: 18 Member
    I’m up to gen 4! such a great challenge
  • LegitFeeLegitFee Posts: 18 Member
    having 7 kids and then finishing their aspirations and getting A’s in school was super hard
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    bumping and bookmarking <3
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
    edited August 2018

Bump.
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top