Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 General Discussion

popalopnpopalopn Posts: 95 Member
Looks like they finally added a Sims 2 General Discussion topic down in Memory Lane! Its about time we got one tbh. :D
One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have - people aren't all good , and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives.
-Neal Shusterman, Unwind.

Comments

• ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 344 Member
    Yay!!!
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Is it just me, or is it impossible to see any threads listed in this category? I only was able to access this thread by clicking it from the main forum menu. @SimGuruDrake?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is it impossible to see any threads listed in this category? I only was able to access this thread by clicking it from the main forum menu. @SimGuruDrake?

No it's just not you that can't see any of the posts in this section. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon... :)

• popalopnpopalopn Posts: 95 Member

I thought it was just me :D
    One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have - people aren't all good , and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives.
    -Neal Shusterman, Unwind.
  • Lldvl915Lldvl915 Posts: 37 Member
    Glad they gave sims 2 it's own section
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Awesome! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)

And fixed! :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

And fixed! :)

Thank SGDrake... :)
  • Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    Glad to see the forum is still getting some love by the gurus :)
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    This is great
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Yeah, it's awesome. Even better they've updated the forum section to Previous Games (since they aren't sold anymore) instead of Memory Lane (since these games are still actively played) :relaxed:
  • TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    @nanashi-sims You can still get The Sims 2 through online stores such as Amazon and Ebay. Just remember that Windows 10 will not play any of the games with the black stripping on the box. Get the ones without them. Some of them may be hard to find, but you should be able to find them all over. And as for The Sims 1, they just released the complete collection about 4 years ago, if you are willing to pay for their marketing price, go for it. The Sims 3 is still in certain retailers, so you are able to get the games there, maybe not all of the expansion packs anymore. But you still have online stores to go through as well.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Black striping on the box? As of a couple of weeks ago saw various TS3 games at Wal Mart. Not sure if it's a general or local thing.
    You can find a bunch of The Sims 3 in all stores. They haven't sold out yet.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Tayra wrote: »
    You can find a bunch of The Sims 3 in all stores. They haven't sold out yet.

I'm pretty sure I saw TS3 still selling out my local Target, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I haven't seen TS3 in stores in years. :(
    You can also go to Amazon, Ebay, and Walmart.com to get any of the The Sims 3 that you don't have.
    Anyways, I was just looking at the packs I have for The Sims 2 and I noticed which expansion packs for the game that is currently the best in the game and that is Open for Business. And here is my reason why, Open for Business can utilize every single stuff packs made for The Sims 2 as a whole creating a very unique store, one I think The Sims 3 should have had in their version of the game. Who agrees with me?
  • iedyiedy Posts: 7 New Member
    Guys, i have a problem and idk where to post it. Is about the skill gaining rate, is alarmingly fast. Even with bonuses and such, my sims learn 2-3 skills per houre (1 min ingame) , sometimes they even learn 5=6 skills instantly by using the pool or electrosphere...ideas why and how to fix?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    iedy wrote: »
    Guys, i have a problem and idk where to post it. Is about the skill gaining rate, is alarmingly fast. Even with bonuses and such, my sims learn 2-3 skills per houre (1 min ingame) , sometimes they even learn 5=6 skills instantly by using the pool or electrosphere...ideas why and how to fix?

@iedy

That sounds like the Physiology skill gain bug from an unpatched Apartment Life. Do you play from individual discs or are you playing from the Ultimate Collection?
  • iedyiedy Posts: 7 New Member
    @Seera1024 Ultimate Collection it is

It's not really patched with all patches. Some things about the combined packs it uses causes old bugs to reappear. MATY's has a fix for that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

It's not really patched with all patches. Some things about the combined packs it uses causes old bugs to reappear. MATY's has a fix for that.

I haven't noticed other skills being learned faster by the few Sims that I do have learn Physiology.

I've got the Ultimate Collection installed and I do not have the MATY hack that prevented that bug on my system. I rarely have Sims learn Physiology, so I never had a reason to download the fix.

But I ran an experiment to see if they did break it again.

I loaded up 2 Sims who both had learned no skills and were on the same lot. Had one learn Physiology. Had them both start skilling body at the same time to make sure it was working properly - the control. The Sim who learned Physiology was learning body faster.

Then had both start learning cooking at the same time. Both learning at the same pace.

Then just to make sure I didn't forget about having the MATY fix, I yanked my entire CC folder out. Deleted groups and accessory cache files to be sure all mod remnants removed. Repeated the test. It was hilarious seeing the outfits and hairs the game put my Sims in.

Same thing happened, the body was learned faster by only the Sim who learned Physiology and the cooking was learned at the same rate by both Sims.

So the UC did not undo the Physiology skill gain glitch.

Do you have any mods installed @iedy ?
    edited September 2018
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I haven't noticed other skills being learned faster by the few Sims that I do have learn Physiology.

I've got the Ultimate Collection installed and I do not have the MATY hack that prevented that bug on my system. I rarely have Sims learn Physiology, so I never had a reason to download the fix.

I loaded up 2 Sims who both had learned no skills and were on the same lot. Had one learn Physiology. Had them both start skilling body at the same time to make sure it was working properly - the control. The Sim who learned Physiology was learning body faster.

Then had both start learning cooking at the same time. Both learning at the same pace.

Then just to make sure I didn't forget about having the MATY fix, I yanked my entire CC folder out. Deleted groups and accessory cache files to be sure all mod remnants removed. Repeated the test. It was hilarious seeing the outfits and hairs the game put my Sims in.

Same thing happened, the body was learned faster by only the Sim who learned Physiology and the cooking was learned at the same rate by both Sims.

If body skill was learned faster with all mods out of game etc. doesn't that mean yes, TS2UC doesn't have the patch for it? It would seem so. But as far as learning logic faster etc. I think more serious Sims or is it more playful Sims can learn faster than others? I know all my Sims can learn the logic skill pretty fast and always have. It's why I hate buying a chess table for every house if they need a few for a career etc. They are so attracted to it, all of them use it if I have one and all of them are just about maxed out most of the time, unless I get rid of it. Didn't FT influence how fast a Sim could learn somthing if that's part of their preferred hobby? Like games might influence logic? Or cooking enthusiam influence how fast they learn? I never liked FT so I rarely have my Sims do anything that helps build their redundant hobbies.

ETA: Argh, double quote, sorry about that, I hit the bold and it posted twice.

If body skill was learned faster with all mods out of game etc. doesn't that mean yes, TS2UC doesn't have the patch for it? It would seem so. But as far as learning logic faster etc. I think more serious Sims or is it more playful Sims can learn faster than others? I know all my Sims can learn the logic skill pretty fast and always have. It's why I hate buying a chess table for every house if they need a few for a career etc. They are so attracted to it, all of them use it if I have one and all of them are just about maxed out most of the time, unless I get rid of it. Didn't FT influence how fast a Sim could learn somthing if that's part of their preferred hobby? Like games might influence logic? Or cooking enthusiam influence how fast they learn? I never liked FT so I rarely have my Sims do anything that helps build their redundant hobbies.

Physiology if working right only boosts the skill gain of the Body skill. Because you know more of how the body works. EA goofed initially and had it affect the skill gain rate of all skills and not just the Body skill.

I had forgotten about personality points affecting the Body skill gain, but in an unmodded game the skill gain boost from just one Sim being active and the other not should not cause the difference to look like this - the one on the left gained the 1st skill level as I cancelled the interaction, the one on the right still had a body skill of 0:

0812Ek8.jpg

None of them got the pop up that Fitness or the one that learning cooking raises was their preferred hobby so if that causes it it's not skewing things here.

And I can't find anything that says how much faster active Sims learn Body and how much slower lazy Sims learn body. I will note that in my testing my active Sim is the one who learned Physiology.

I'm headed to go get lunch and once I'm back with it, I'll repeat my test with 2 Sims who have the same Active/Lazy personality points.