Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    Coucou à tous,

Même souci, les carrières que j'ai réalisées, ne fonctionnent plus suite à la MAJ du 31/07/18.
    Quelle est la solution svp ?
    Merci d'avance :)
    Maïa Game
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Coucou à tous,

Même souci, les carrières que j'ai réalisées, ne fonctionnent plus suite à la MAJ du 31/07/18.
    Quelle est la solution svp ?
    Merci d'avance :)
    Maïa Game

We'll have to wait for @Neia to update her careers tool.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2018
    I haven't found where the changes are, but I'm reproducing the bug, and I'm working on it.
  • FentonGibFentonGib Posts: 1 New Member
    Please do, we're counting on you lol. This bug has made me realise that almost every one of my sims has a custom career. Thanks in advance!
  • MiniMoxxMiniMoxx Posts: 8 New Member
    Just a quick question, when the package is updated, will all the custom career mods have to be updated as well? Or will it just be a case of one updated package being your one, and thats it? (if that makes sense?)
    MiniMoxx wrote: »
    Just a quick question, when the package is updated, will all the custom career mods have to be updated as well? Or will it just be a case of one updated package being your one, and thats it? (if that makes sense?)

All custom careers will need to be exported again to get the updated version. The .ts4script will most likely stay the same though.
  • SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks so much for the tool, Neia! I have zero experience with coding, so I am having issues when I open the command line and try to import the .py. I keep getting an "ImportError: No module named 'services'". I have tried re-downloading Python and renaming the locations but I honestly have no idea how to fix this. It's way above my experience, so if anyone here has any tips, I am willing to learn!
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

Merci bcp Neia :) Tout ceci prend du temps, nous comprenons tous ^^
    The tool has been updated ! You'll need to export your career, and the Neia_Careers_Common.package has been updated too. The .ts4script hasn't changed so you can keep the old one if you don't want to compile it again.

Let me know if you encounter any issues.
  • Maxi5262Maxi5262 Posts: 1 New Member
    Are you planning to add an required uniform to work? That'd be awesome!
    Merciiii Neia pour ton travail ! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Thank you, @Neia :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ArillisArillis Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi I'm a new user of your tool

I don't know why I made different careers but always export the files with the same ID
    :/ :/ :/ :/
    edited August 2018
    @Arillis
    I've taken a look. One of your careers may cause issues because its name contains only non-latin characters. The name of the career is for the mod files, you can use non-latin characters in the Text page though. Apart from that one, they seem fine. What do you mean by always export the files with the same ID ? Are you talking about the ID in the Edit career page ?
  • IgnorantKnightIgnorantKnight Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, I'm a new user, can anyone help me with getting the files into S4PE and running Python with Windows cmd?
  • luckwisherluckwisher Posts: 45 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    Trimoth wrote: »
    BTW allowing careers for teens is as easy as changing the resources in Sims4Studio and can be done in about 30 seconds. I have all of my adult careers working for teens now.

Maybe you could give more info on that? Thx in advance.

I opened up any career in sims4studio then go to the tab and find

>Career Tuning line 11
    <E>TEEN</E>

>Interaction Tuning Line 115
    <E>TEEN</E>

The easiest way to do this is to click 'ctrl+f and search for YOUNGADULT' and you paste the
    <E>TEEN</E>
    above young adult and it converts to allow the careers for teens. Very simple and easy.

Here is a visual representation of the steps:
    fYKbQTJ.jpg
    Lp4B0OT.jpg
    WLqxrLC.jpg
    YYFrqYD.jpg

hit save when done editing

How do you get the custom career into s4s? I've tried loading the package and it doesn't show anything
  • luckwisherluckwisher Posts: 45 Member
    never mind, Just had to mess around with the versions of everything I had
  • NiobeSNiobeS Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! Your tool is amazing but I'm having a similar problem of @AthenaApollos . I uploaded a wrong picture to my branch and choose to delete it. After this, I uploaded the correct image. Then the tool duplicate my branch. And if I delete the duplicate it deletes all, everything. I've already tried everything, including deleting all the career. I started from the zero but with the same name, and the duplicates appear automatically. I don't know what to do anymore.
  • eterhniteeterhnite Posts: 26 Member
    I'm having an issue with my careers that have more than two branches. All of the branches will show up, but at least one of them will be blank and not show the title, picture, description, and hiring job title. One of the other branches will have to incorrect title, but the correct description and hiring job. It's all a very confusing mess and I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or not. Any help would be appreciated!
  • TSOAsiaShaMeccaTSOAsiaShaMecca Posts: 34 Member
    I've had this issue as well. I finally had to recreate the career altogether.

Also I have a question. Can you add a language spot for Portuguese (PT)?
  • piercethephanpiercethephan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, I just started experimenting with the Create-A-Career tool. I've encountered a similar problem to other people but I can't find a solution. So, I uploaded an icon to a career branch but I didn't like it so I made a new one. I also did the same with the main track, it worked perfectly fine there but when I tried replacing the old one for the branch, it still showed the old one. Thing is I deleted the whole old file from my computer, so there's no way that it just uses the wrong path. I hope someone knows what I could do to fix it :smile:
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Mayday, Mayday!

I have a Problem with one step of the Career branches:
    Whatever I do, the Master of Mental Therapy's Texts do not show up in the window when they get promoted to it. I swear I saved the lyrics, and they show up in the tool, but just this one of three branches not in the game. Everything else is fine, but this one Career branch only shows the picture. I've edited it in the create-a-Career-tool now all night and half the next day, so about 20 times of trying out, I think. No, must been more ... feels like thousands ...

I'd like to get you a screenshot of it. But just mentioning that I do not know how ... anyway.

I mean, I really learned 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a lot last night and even get faster; but this drives me crazy, and I do not know how to solve.

Yours, tired, helene912
    An additional Question: How much time can it take till the POPUP window with the DL will arrive? And what if the POPUP does not Pop up at all?
    > @luckwisher said:
    > Trimoth wrote: »
    >
    > Marduc_Plays wrote: »
    >
    > Trimoth wrote: »
    >
    > BTW allowing careers for teens is as easy as changing the resources in Sims4Studio and can be done in about 30 seconds. I have all of my adult careers working for teens now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe you could give more info on that? Thx in advance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I opened up any career in sims4studio then go to the tab and find
    >
    > >Career Tuning line 11
    > TEEN
    >
    > >Interaction Tuning Line 115
    > TEEN
    >
    > The easiest way to do this is to click 'ctrl+f and search for YOUNGADULT' and you paste the
    > TEEN
    > above young adult and it converts to allow the careers for teens. Very simple and easy.
    >
    >
    > Here is a visual representation of the steps:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > hit save when done editing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do you get the custom career into s4s? I've tried loading the package and it doesn't show anything

Does this also work with e.g. kids or toddlers? You could send kids to a music teacher, or toddlers to a kindergarden to let them learn there.
  • KeriJoy1973KeriJoy1973 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @piercethephan said:
    > Hey, I just started experimenting with the Create-A-Career tool. I've encountered a similar problem to other people but I can't find a solution. So, I uploaded an icon to a career branch but I didn't like it so I made a new one. I also did the same with the main track, it worked perfectly fine there but when I tried replacing the old one for the branch, it still showed the old one. Thing is I deleted the whole old file from my computer, so there's no way that it just uses the wrong path. I hope someone knows what I could do to fix it :smile:

I had the same problem. I solved it by going to the browser setting and clearing the history for the day. I hope that a better option is able to be found though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top