March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited editions and rare items

So,
Only revently I accidently found out about "Frightful Hair of Monstrous Proportions" and "Midnight Hollow Simpoint Bundle" which I think are currently not available in the official store.
I also found out certain hairstyles can be purchased seperately and not appear in the hairstyles section, but only as part of a set, such as the "Fortune Teller's Charmed Hairstyle" for example.
And then, suddenly I found out about soet of a set/pack of the "Eco Renault/Toyota" - which is also unavailable but part of the item ARE available.

I am pretty shocked. I got into the sims late, but I though that by now I have most of the content that I want as far as EP/SP/Store content. But apparently there are many things that I'm not even aware of!!! So, my question is what else am I missing out? Were there any other sets/unique/limited items along the years???

Comments

• geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I believe that the American players also had Dr Pepper promotion items which left me feeling rather salty.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Thanks @geekgirl101 !! I will sure look into that!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Avatarit I also got into this game fairly late (2015) so I know how you feel.

These items are not necessarily limited editions or rare, but have you seen this thread?: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/456640/free-items-from-the-sims-3-store-24th-july-2014/p1

I didn't know about a lot of these and discovered this thread by 'accident'.
    Just scroll down where it says "individual items" and "shop mode only" click on the pictures to go to the page. Be aware that some links will not work as the item page is not available anymore. The Renault Twizy is still available, as is most of the items in that section. :)

Here's a thread that has the names of LE and rare stuff, but the links don't work as it has been archived through the WayBack Machine. No pictures, unfortunately.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20151009163240/forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/768818/store-mega-list-for-extra-flexible-redownloading

Here's a list of individual store items not included in any eps or sps. Easy to miss in the store.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/862120/the-sims-3-stores-additional-items/p1
    Apologies that they're not rare or if you already new about these.
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you for sharing this!
    @Odonata68 thank you very much!!!! Ill check the links :smiley:
    @seas and @Avatarit you're very welcome! :) To me, it's kinda like a treasure hunt and I'm trying to accumulate everything I can. Unfortunately, there's no official way to obtain these items anymore. I did read somewhere in these forums that it may be possible to purchase codes for some of these items from EBay, or something. But you could risk the codes not working or being used I guess. I haven't really looked into this myself.
  • seasseas Posts: 37 Member
    I got some of the free ones. That was a nice find as most of the sets were still free as well I noticed. I did get a Christmas one.
    edited August 2018
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @seas and @Avatarit you're very welcome! :) To me, it's kinda like a treasure hunt and I'm trying to accumulate everything I can. Unfortunately, there's no official way to obtain these items anymore. I did read somewhere in these forums that it may be possible to purchase codes for some of these items from EBay, or something. But you could risk the codes not working or being used I guess. I haven't really looked into this myself.
    Exactly!!! I thought I exhausted the store content and then suddenly finding out all those exclusice un-reachable stuff, just turning my excitement on!!!

Edit: To say thanks once again for your comments - I started to check the links and they are amazing!!!
    Post edited by Avatarit on
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    Thanks @geekgirl101 !! I will sure look into that!

They were American exclusive though, and you can't get the codes anymore.
    @Avatarit I know I was excited to come across those items. I'm so glad that I got to pass it along. :)
  • BlutoBluto Posts: 40 Member
    > @Odonata68 said:
    > @seas and @Avatarit you're very welcome! :) To me, it's kinda like a treasure hunt and I'm trying to accumulate everything I can. Unfortunately, there's no official way to obtain these items anymore. I did read somewhere in these forums that it may be possible to purchase codes for some of these items from EBay, or something. But you could risk the codes not working or being used I guess. I haven't really looked into this myself.

Yeah that was because of my post where I asked if some items could be retrieved.
    Then I found this post;
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/768818/store-mega-list-for-extra-quick-redownloading-now-in-excel/p1
    An old post of at least two years ago, and there I found those items back.
    Blue highlight the links, drag the text to the adressbar of the browser and the Sims startmenu comes up, install and you're good to go.
    Hope this helps.
    Pay me a visit if you like, I won't bite.
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ErikPiso