Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    @jazen I have been lucky enough to play for a couple of hours when it released (midnight east coast is only 10 here) So far it's been worth the money. I am excited to check out all the new stuff and there is a LOT of it. Good luck holding out for a sale. You'll save a bunch of $

ALL

I make Going Solo Day the first friday of summer. The traditions are Drinking (I thought of @Piazzagirl1015 and her 100 baby challenge and all the drinking she does,lol) , Give Gifts (because why not?), Holiday Gnomes (I am super curious), Party Spirit (dancing and more drinking), and Tell Stories (thought this was super fitting for our group)
    I haven't actually gotten to the holiday yet and if you get Seasons, I'd love input on GS Day and if we should have a permanent set of traditions (I do) and what they should be

general thoughts on Seasons:

_ Seasons are 7 days or 14 days and you can't adjust them individually which annoys me.
    -Thunder storms sound amazing!
    -You get a lot more out of gardening but when you splice a plant the icon doesn't tell you what they are anymore. Just says "spliced plant"
    I- adopted a stray dog that was out in the cold rain and had turned blue but now he gets sick every few days. I don't know if it's a glitch or what.
    I haven't hardly played with pets to be honest
    -my gardening sim slips in the mud a lot and it's hilarious
    -Took a me a while to realize you have to buy the attic box to decorate the outside of the house and an umbrella stand to get umbrellas from. I kind like it though

I only got about 2 hours of play because today is my son's 8th bday
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Vuneca @jazen

I set up Going Solo day on the same day as @Vuneca and the traditions were the same ones Telling Stories, Party Spirit, Drinking but I changed out Holiday Gnomes for Gift Giving. I seen what those Gnomes can do when they are angry and they already annoyed me in Sims 3.

I think the seasons have to be in weeks due to the calendar. I could be wrong but it is my guess.

I went for 28 days but if it annoys me I'll change to 14 days. I'm wondering if it can be different in each save file.

I seen father winter slip on the ice in the live stream. I seen the family play in the mud puddle but can't recall if they slipped. in it.

Didn't know that about the spliced plants, I hope I remember what I spliced in the Drifter challenge. The scarecrow comes to life and helps you garden if your relationship goes high with him and I think you can woohoo him.

@Vuneca Did you try taking the dog to the vet? Wishing your son a very happy birthday :)
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @Vuneca happy birthday to your son! Hope he had a great day.

@Piazzagirl1015 yes you can woohoo the scarecrow. I was scrolling through Tumblr today and someone posted a picture of that very thing.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    @Jazen I think you can woohoo with Father Winter too. I heard people talking about having a baby with him.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I just found out that getting paid for a holiday takes away one of their vacation days. If the sim used all their vacation days they won't get paid for the holiday. It is not a glitch this was intentional and I think it sucks.

edit another potential problem. My GS Iron Woman was flagged for no aging but she is aging. I double checked and it still says she is flagged not to age. We have to watch these Iron Woman until they fix the problem.
    Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 do you use MCC for the flagging? I use it and each time there's an update the flagging gets wonky. I usually have to clear all flags (I also have her flagged no offspring) save, exit, go back in and re-flag her and it usually works. Hope that helps.

Also the paid thing is odd. I've never used up all the vacation days (Anahi currently has 11 hahaha) but not sure why EA would make that be a thing.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @Jazen I do use MCC for flagging and when I logged back in again she was back to not aging. I think the aging thing might also affect the calendar in game also. The birthdays appear on the calendar and it resets itself when I log back in.

There was a reason for EA to do that with vacation days. Because when you make in game holidays you can select no work and no school as an option. There is no limit to the custom holidays you can make one every day if you so please. If the sim were to receive pay for all non work holidays that sim would never have to go to work and would still receive pay. This does mean that the sim would not advance in their career but for sims already maxed in their career that would be a nice advantage.

@jazen and @Vuneca

Some more tidbits I found out:

Rummaging through the decoration box makes decorative items spawn in the house or inventory.

Patchy the scarecrow not only does the gardening for you but he cleans the house. Free Services with this guy around.

jTCpDP.png

7UlpNG.png

I guess he is the Sims 4 version of Bone Hilda. The only problem is every time I see him I have this song in my head.

• Options
    @jazen thanks, he had a great party!

06-22-18_12-53-57%25C2%25A0PM.png
    I actually really like these gnomes. It's not hard to make them happy and they leave TONS of seed packets as presents, which is great if you're pursuing gardening. Then when the holiday is over you can sell the gnomes for $$!

Patchy has come alive for me but all he does is watch tv....:-/

The spliced plant thing is VERY annoying but there are A LOT of people complaining so hopefully it gets fixed soon. There is also a common bug where pets autonomously spam their owners queue with the same action request and it's hard to actually do anything. I have had it happen a few times but form some it's make the game unplayable.

I have cycled though all 4 seasons and went all out with decorating and completing all their tradition wants. I had it set at 7 days so I could go through them all quickly. Now I am going to set it on the longest because I can see how it can get tedious when your focus is going from one holiday to the next. Esp when they're so close together.

I am looking fwd to getting me sims some money to move to a bigger lot and build a green house, then buy a shop to sell flowers in next. I refuse to cheat them money so it's SLOOOOOW going. Then they'll have some babies. I want to use that toddler pool so bad!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm probably basing my opinion with the gnomes on the fact that the gnomes annoyed me in previous versions but I will give it a try.

BVeOsw.png

Patchy does play video games on the computer but he has been helping out. He even mourned when the dog passed and no one else was home.

I've seen the spliced plant issue and I had a problem with the pets too. I do hope they fix those issues.

I'm not getting much of the weather not even a day of rain but I am wondering if that is because I'm playing Oasis Springs which should have less rain and no snow? I'm going to move her to see if there is any difference. I know they made the game reflect the length of the days winter has shorter days than summer so if they included that little detail maybe they included the fact that the desert doesn't see much rain?

SD5bYG.png

So far I have had two surprise holidays show up that is Prank Day and the other which I'm waiting for is rebate Day. I saw that one in the live stream and I thought it was something like tax day but its a day where you get 20% off buy mode.

I'm looking to open a florist along with doing the gardening career. I'm amazed how easy gardening actually is right now.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 yes the weather is modified to reflect the climate you're in. So no snow in the desert and probably a lot less rain. I have been playing in the town that came with cats & dogs. I can't remember the name

Prank day? hahah. Mine just had lottery day. They paid $100 for a ticket. neither won though. I also had a skill day where they learned faster for the day. That's my favorite so far.

Awwww! the poor pup :-( at least Patchy was there
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Vuneca Now that I know this little fact I have to check the other towns for weather. With the weather I didn't like how it was on overload in Sims 3. I ended up shutting it off because too much rain and in the winter there was too much snow and the kids didn't go to school. I'm setting up a house in Newcrest for her and I'm moving her over.

I've heard about Lottery day and I am hoping for Skill Day to pop up soon.

edit-We got the fix for the spliced plants

"Spliced plants now have a proper description so you know what comprises their genetic makeup."

I just seen LGR's video I need to look for the Alice Cooper song in Simlish now:

Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
  • Options
    06-29-18_2-50-15%25C2%25A0PM.png
    06-29-18_2-50-21%25C2%25A0PM.png

My first time having toddlers + puppies

I can not handle the cuteness!
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Hey girls!
    Great stuff on the Goin Solo Holiday! Bookmarked this page for reference because I don't have seasons yet. Due to medical bills and a mandatory contribution to my mobility scooter I'll have to make choices. (And yes, my illness decided to kick remission to the curb.)

I'm working on a Chandell solo-story where she does a high-school guest lecture after being talked into doing that by Aoife Masters. (This is in the modern canon of Vuneca-verse where Isla Paradiso is fully independent.) She drops her guard and shares very personal details with the students that she never told Aoife (or actually lied about to Aoife!). The writing is almost done, but then revisions of course and making sets for the screenshots. (There's a passage about Topanga I've hinted at sideways in the original story that I now fleshed out. I'm sure it'll surprise some of you!)

I decided to no longer do the classic canon using TS3. It's just too much for me to have on my plate and I feel as if I'm stuck in that era of the Vuneca-verse. It's best to make a clean cut and to move forward, me thinks. Nessy, Norton and Perry are on hold until I have Seasons. I want me some holidays!!

For a break from the Vuneca-verse, I got a great spin-off idea. Something like a Chibi-version of Chandell and Topanga but they're kids. Chibies are cute miniatures of serious personas in comics who have adventures that have nothing to do with the canon of their main story. It ranges from silly vignettes to little adventures that are always light-hearted and not meant to be taken seriously, the chibies themselves remain true to their character though, in some way or the other. Temp series name is Chandell Chibi!! right now, until I come up with something better! =)

Chandellchibi_zpsb05gt7wz.jpg

The spin-off canon is that Vuneca is Topanga's mother who offers to help out Wasimton Orphanage (Remember that place? It's ran by Eleanor's clone.) with taking in Chandell on a strictly temporary basis, 'Temporary'... LOL, because all that Topanga talks about is not eating meat and working out. Vuneca decides to help her daughter by helping out Wasimton Orphanage. A friend would surely do Topanga good!

By the by, has anyone a good lead on TS4 posing-mods, mostly facial expressions? TS4 Sims smile too much. Thanks! =)
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

Its been very quiet here so popping in to see how everyone is doing. I was accepted into the medical billing training program that I was hoping to get into and the studies is a bit intense. However next year at this time I will finally be working again and not in retail. I'm catching up with my simming and look who is making the jump into Sims 4:

WoUSDd.png

Not sure what I will do with her there but she has had 40 babies in Sims 3 and will have 60 more there for sure. I guess she should look for Don Lothario so I can have a Sims 4 version of Mac.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer :)

Take Care
  • Options
    @LittleMinxUndr
    Sorry to hear your having more health troubles. I would love to hear more about your new spin off. I am thoroughly enjoying seasons right now. I like the scouting thing they added for kids and teens. Adds a bit of much needed depth. Not that I have much time for playing these days, Darn RL >_<

@Piazzagirl1015
    Hiya! It has been quiet here lately. I think we've all been busy in RL these days, I know I have been. Congrats on getting into the Med billing program. I am studying to get my CPC/CCA in medical coding! small world.
    She looks amazing as a Sims 4 sim! Will she be having another 100 there too? That poor woman hahaha!
  • Options
    @Vuneca OMG I can't believe we are studying the same thing at the same time. Well almost coding starts in October right now I'm studying US Healthcare, Business Communication and Excel. The reason we are all quiet is because we are all busy doing something. You and I are studying and @jazen is busy writing her books. I'm looking forward to her next release. I thought it would be a good idea to pop in at least once a month to say hi and find out how everyone is doing.

For Raven I'm thinking another 100 babies in Sims 4 but right now I'm sorry she is not my GS Iron Women.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    @Vuneca I know how it is. It's fantastic to read that both you and Pi are working hard for the future. Most of what I hear around me is complaining, so it's very heartening to know two women who take their future in their own hands. Yay for silent feminism! <3
    It may sound weird, but I do take some strength from reading about what the cabal is doing nowadays, everybody is fighting in their own way, be it finding your way in illness like I, or finding your way in a rapidly changing world like you girls.

I find that having an illness is a full time job nowadays. I want so much, but am not able to accomplish much. To be honest, much of my current situation is solely my doing. My body is sick, but my brain isn't so you'll appreciate the struggle that's going on. Much of last year has taken the form of finding a place to live where I can get the care that I need, while being restricted by what the government expects off of me as chronically ill disabled person. I'm also trying to regain somewhat of a professional life, because my brain is wasting away. I found a company close by who's mighty interested in having me on medical-grounds internship (I can't earn money by law, doing so endangers my disability-pension.), but of course the government has to OK that initiative. I'm stoked to land that position. It'll be four hours per week, but if there's one thing I'm very good at, it's talking to military people about military hardware. It won't be easy, it won't come easy and I'll surely be questioning my sanity, but I'll be doing something and I'll be useful again. Most importantly, useful to myself.

A recent selfie, taken during the heatwave two weeks ago. I have a nice case of morphine-face! =)
    HakisaysI_zps0ifzosir.jpg
    -Haki.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I love raven and her story/. Maybe when she's done having her 200 babies you can have her do a GS Iron man? It's hard to say good bye to good sims...or you may be tired of her by then hahahahah

@LittleMinxUndr Girl it's nice to see your smiling face!

I hope you're settled in to a nice place. I totally get that need to feel productive. I hope you get that position. Feeling like a professional, like you're doing something that matters goes a long way in boosting mental health and satisfaction! Please keep us posted. :-D
  • Options
    @Vuneca You are right it is very difficult to say goodbye to a beloved Sim. I'm actually thinking of starting the Sims 4 Raven with a GS first and than have her go into a baby challenge after. .I figure it is better to let the Sims 3 version complete her challenge before I start a Sims 4 100 BC plus I want to join the Pen Pal Project and I'm thinking of just blogging Raven's letters to her potential pen pal. I'm more connected to Raven so I have a better chance of staying interested with her. I'm still going to do the Iron Woman I already started with Alexis as Raven's would be a different format.

@LittleMinxUndr I wish you the best of luck getting that position that you want and that is a great picture of you.

• Options
    Hey ladies! I hope you are all well. @LittleMinxUndr hey that's a great picture!
    @Vuneca so fun that you and @Piazzagirl1015 are studying for similar fields! Best of luck to you both.

I have been busy writing. I have a few books completed. 2 of them I'm submitting to publishers for consideration. If they aren't picked up I'll publish them myself like the other two. My next release should be out in a few months. It's a novella featuring Calida and Malcolm from my release last year. Full of smutty good times. LOL I have to remember to pop in more often as well.

Today I'm taking a break and opened my game again for the first time in months. Didn't feel like playing any of my current games because I am rather behind in write ups so started a new one.

42601333820_bd0da62351_b.jpg

Attempting a Going Solo in S4 and will stick to the rules. LOL hopefully. Arya and Sweetie Gallo. Arya is a geeky bookworm starting out in the tech guru career and completing the computer whiz aspiration.

Gonna hopefully try and pop in more often.

• Options
    Wanna hear something crazy? My hubby (who is thinking about getting out of the military next year) had a head hunter contact him about a project manager position with EA!
  • Options
    oh wow @Vuneca that is awesome!!!! Is he considering taking it?

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @Vuneca I totally agree with @jazen that is awesome. If it does happen we better not bash EA here anymore.

@Everyone I just finished my first two classes and my third final is on Thursday but that is an excel one which I should ace. I start my first coding class on Monday and we get to go on a shadow event at the second hospital on Friday.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Everyone

Last week we found out about the new terrain tools and fashion designer career which was only better than an ok announcement because they are free but today we got this:
    This is:

UZzc6t.jpg

now this!

ytNFuW.jpg

Sims Superstar was my favorite out of all the sims 1 EPs (Making Magic was my second favorite)

and

I have been waiting a good 15 and a half years for it's return (May 12, 2003) Oh and we get a new world with it and I'm hoping for a Hollywood type world.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 now that they're not constantly doing promos and stuff packs I had no idea anything new was coming out. It felt to me like they were throwing in the towel already as far as sims 4 is concerned. Guess I was wrong but there is a lot of speculation about sims 5. Personally I still wish they'd go back and rejuvenate sims 3. Make it so the various expansions and store stuff work together more cohesively..a pipe dream, I know.

I'm gonna run off and look into Get Famous. Superstar was a pretty awesome addition for sure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top