Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Vampires Be Poisoned?

One thing that only just occurred to me... There are so many kinds of food-related poisons in the game (toxic plants, pufferfish, etc.) I know they can be fatal to regular Sims, but can Vampires die from them too, or are they immune?
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited August 2018
    They can be poisoned Selvadorada, but according to the Wiki, they are immune to Pufferfish death a long with various other deaths, but I've yet to test if this is true.

Vampires are immune to death by Old Age and Death by Drowning by default, as Vampires do not have a human energy need and never experience fatigue.

Through various powers they can also become immune to the Sunlight Death and all Emotional deaths.

Apparently they are immune to Pufferfish death and Overheating in the Sauna as well, again haven't tested it.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Thanks. Good tip. Just to add to that for others who look, the Reward Trait "Naturalist" from the Freelance Botanist Aspiration can also make them (or any Sim) immune to Death by fire.
    9ndehwc.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    They also can't die from hot and cold. But once I was having my vampire sim swimming under the sun and her energy bar was decreasing due to sunlight and when it hit 0 she drowned.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    One thing that only just occurred to me... There are so many kinds of food-related poisons in the game (toxic plants, pufferfish, etc.) I know they can be fatal to regular Sims, but can Vampires die from them too, or are they immune?

I don't know if it's been fixed but when I first got get together with the restaurants my vampire got food poisoning. I don't know it was a bug or if it's a random thing that can affect vampires. Also, there is a mod for Poisoned and deadly plasma.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=594173
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    Yeah... I'm personally not looking to raise the risk factors. I had my vampire eating Pufferfish Nigiri from a festival stall to learn the recipe and I realized I wasn't really sure how safe that actually was.
    9ndehwc.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yeah... I'm personally not looking to raise the risk factors. I had my vampire eating Pufferfish Nigiri from a festival stall to learn the recipe and I realized I wasn't really sure how safe that actually was.

Pufferfish Nigiri (as well as any other food) bought from festival stalls are always at Excellent quality compared to restaurant meals that almost never seem to be at Excellent quality, if rarely. You are not guaranteed to die from eating at a stall, regardless of the sim's current emotional state.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the few times i purposefully went out of my way to kill sims via pufferfish, i had to have skill 0 chefs cook it so it came out poor quality. and even then, it sometimes took one sim eating the whole 8 servings to finally die

and really should find out about whether vampires can die from pufferfish. i'm curious if the 'immunity' is just because they don't need to eat. as mentioned before, vampires can be killed by poison from the jungle (my one poison ghost is a vampire)
    I figure the stalls are likely safe to eat pufferfish from since the purpose of them is to learn the city recipes, but as a precaution, I still save my game before anyone eats it.
    9ndehwc.png