Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short life span with Seasons?

Maybe I don't have the correct selection of lifespan verus season length. Currently I have normal lifespan and a 14 day season. I play rotation and found the 14 day season is a little better, however on my fav save it will be the longer season as I have 6 or 7 households in it.

1) I am finding birthday's happen every year, but aging up shouldn't be happening every year right? I mean a baby shouldn't age up to an elder in 4 years.

2) I am finding that non-played sims are aging up faster than my sims. Luna Munch is now an elder, but she was in the teens club with my current mother sim who will just be aging to adult.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I honestly try not to think of one sim year = one human year. For me time is different there. And one sim year is more like 5-10 real years :joy: however, you can always turn aging off when many of them are somewhat close to their birthdays and play like that for a while. The seasons will continue after all. Then, when you feel enough time has passed by, you turn it back on :)
  • HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2018
    I only have aging turned on for my active family, and not to allow aging for unplayed Sims. That way children can't get older than their parents they no longer live with, which will happen. You aren't imagining that. You can change that in your settings.

Each Sim day seems to be equivalent to one Sim year of life. I thought their lives seemed shorter, too, but I double-checked, and the days between birthdays lined up with the number of days before aging up in their panel.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    If you are playing in rotation, unplayed sims will age faster than your played sims if you have "aging for only active household" but still allow aging for unplayed sims. This is because every time you rotate the unplayed sims are still aging while the non-active played sims are not aging.

So, only turn on aging for unplayed sims while you are playing one household, then turn it off until you rotate back to that household. I hope this makes sense...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    If you are playing in rotation, unplayed sims will age faster than your played sims if you have "aging for only active household" but still allow aging for unplayed sims. This is because every time you rotate the unplayed sims are still aging while the non-active played sims are not aging.

So, only turn on aging for unplayed sims while you are playing one household, then turn it off until you rotate back to that household. I hope this makes sense...

I'm sorry, I didn't understand that...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member

Say you have 3 households, with aging on for active and unplayed, and with 1 week per household at a time.

Week 1: Household 1 and unplayed Sims age. Households 2 and 3 do not age.
    Week 2; Household 2 and unplayed Sims age. Households 1 and 3 do not age.
    Week 3: Household 3 and unplayed Sims age. Households 1 and 2 do not age.

As you can see, unplayed Sims are aging three times as fast in this example. To fix this, you should have aging ON for unplayed Sims while playing Household 1 but OFF for unplayed Sims while playing any other household. That will keep their aging synchronized with one household instead of being constant.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I wish there was a way to set a notification for this because I've run into the same problem with my rotational save and yesterday I was playing the family where I was supposed to turn on aging for unplayed sims but I forgot, so I'll have to remember to do it with the next family instead.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member

Say you have 3 households, with aging on for active and unplayed, and with 1 week per household at a time.

As you can see, unplayed Sims are aging three times as fast in this example. To fix this, you should have aging ON for unplayed Sims while playing Household 1 but OFF for unplayed Sims while playing any other household. That will keep their aging synchronized with one household instead of being constant.

See I thought that unplayed sims where the ones you didn't play at all. In manage households, the one under the list of unplayed, with no heart as favourites. That changes everything then.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    verlainem wrote: »

See I thought that unplayed sims where the ones you didn't play at all. In manage households, the one under the list of unplayed, with no heart as favourites. That changes everything then.

@verlainem ; sims you have not played at all nor favorite appear as grey plumbobs in Manage Households. Sims you favorite but have not played show up light green plumbobs. Played households are the dark green plumbobs. The settings takes into account only the dark green plumbobs (played households) and a separate setting for all light-green/grey plumbobs (unplayed households favorited or not).
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png