Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would like to see more social planning events

I love the fact that we have pools but there isn't a Pool Party event.
I like that I don't have to Host Prestige Social Event because not all events need a list of things to do. Some just need to add fun to the game.

Pool Party
Baby Shower
Bring back Bachelor and Bachelorette Party
Retirement Party

These events are currently in the game so it's a programming thing. I hope with Sims Get Together there will be more events added to the game.

Comments

• TamiraArgTamiraArg Posts: 22 New Member
    You posted this at the same time as my custom event planning idea :smiley: I'm definitely down for more party types, but it would be even better if we get to control the organization a little more, instead of getting random but somewhat related goals.
  • sherykahsherykah Posts: 32 Member
    TamiraArg, Great minds think alike. What do you mean by "control the organization."
    > @sherykah said:
    > TamiraArg, Great minds think alike. What do you mean by "control the organization."

It's more detailed in the thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/856513/create-an-event but I'll try to summarize.

Current event organizing lets you:
    * Select host
    * Invite guests
    * Select location
    * Select Caterer/Entertainer/Mixologist (Optional or Required depending on the event type)

Depending on the event type, the game would assign a dress code and preset goals. What I want is for us to be able to control this as well and name the event. It's obvious there is a pool of "goals" the party event and other social events draw from, we can maybe have a new screen with a drop down list and be required to select at least 10 of these goals. Be able to select the dress code. Then bam, a custom party without begging Maxis for an expansion for every single little party event idea we have. The current pre-made ones are good in that we get unique prizes from them, but sometimes I want a certain type of party for my story. Sometimes the preset goals are inappropriate for what I want out of a party too, like I don't want my sims all flirty and kissing each other during a family dinner party!

So for your pool party you can select the swimsuit dress code, have goals like drinking, using the grill, etc without maxis putting out an expansion just for it.
  • valhallarievalhallarie Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh but then you'd get gold all the time! You can just host the one that doesn't have achievements/goals... But I think having pool parties and bachelor parties and things would be amazing. I do agree that kissing is sometimes outta left field but it does tend to make things progress more than grillin'! :3
    TamiraArg, I agree with the dress code.

valhallarie, I've been playing the social events without the list of goals.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Agree!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I could see a pool party pack coming one day when they finally decide to charge us for diving boards and slides.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    LOL :D
    > @valhallarie said:
    > Oh but then you'd get gold all the time! You can just host the one that doesn't have achievements/goals... But I think having pool parties and bachelor parties and things would be amazing. I do agree that kissing is sometimes outta left field but it does tend to make things progress more than grillin'! :3

True, but I was thinking you won't get great rewards for these. What I'm looking for mostly is the moodlet of how well a party turned out. I might play scenarios where I deliberately fail a party or sometimes it might fail by accident because I don't control my sims 100% of the time. I've had parties where fire broke out when the kids were by themselves playing on the chem set. And it seems a sim dies one out of three parties one of my sims always throw (he's not even evil!).
    Oh that sounds great YankeesForever!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Totally agree with the Baby Shower ! There's hardly any interaction type stuff for Babies !
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    All those and add anniversary where they can renew vows.

I believe you can renew vows now with the Wedding Arch, so you could throw a house party and have that as an activity.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I would love to see other costume party social events and hopefully if the University pack is confirmed I would love to see the old Toga Party stuff
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited October 2015
    When one sim is planning a social event but doesn't know say the best friend of her husband (weird I know) she can't invite him.

I would like if we could see a list of all the sims the household knows (like TS3) to chose from when sending invites and not just the one hosting the party know :)

EDIT: Do I even English? ;)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    > @JackOnYourBack said:
    > When one sim is planning a social event but doesn't know say the best friend of her husband (weird I know) she can't invite him.
    >
    > I would like if we could see a list of all the sims the household knows (like TS3) to chose from when sending invites and not just the one hosting the party know :)
    >
    > EDIT: Do I even English? ;)

I totally agree. I hate being limited to the list of friend of one family member even when there are two host for the event.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Very good ideas guys. I'd love to see sleepovers (as an event) and teen parties.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

> @JackOnYourBack said:
    > When one sim is planning a social event but doesn't know say the best friend of her husband (weird I know) she can't invite him.
    >
    > I would like if we could see a list of all the sims the household knows (like TS3) to chose from when sending invites and not just the one hosting the party know :)

Yes this! It is especially annoying when you are throwing a birthday party for your kid or other kids party, but you can't invite their friends because you don't hang out with your kid's friends enough and the relationship decayed too much)
    The Seasons Calendar has certainly added some of the features we listed in this thread. Thanks, EA!!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    sherykah wrote: »
    I love the fact that we have pools but there isn't a Pool Party event.
    I like that I don't have to Host Prestige Social Event because not all events need a list of things to do. Some just need to add fun to the game.

Pool Party
    Baby Shower
    Bring back Bachelor and Bachelorette Party
    Retirement Party

These events are currently in the game so it's a programming thing. I hope with Sims Get Together there will be more events added to the game.

I'd love to see these as well as anniversary parties, funerals, graduation and prom parties.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    woooo necro'd but it is still valid and I want to see it in game STILL...lol