The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game is the best?

Comments

• Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    I really liked Sims 2, but Sims 3 wins.
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey! Am I the only one that my favourites are all of the games? They all have their different pros and cons. I've played every single one of them, and not any of them have mislead me to not thinking The Sims is getting better and better. (: I love it!
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited July 2018
    For me they are:

1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 4
    3. The Urbz
    4. The Sims: Bustin Out
    5. The Sims 1
    6. The Sims 3

Agree with this ranking. I feel the same. It's tough to really rank them since I enjoy each iteration even with the frustrations - TS2 tho will always reign gloriously for me.
  • Manor1221Manor1221 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would say sims 3, I have only ever played the sims 4 and the sims 3, but I prefer the style in the sims 3.
  • Trinaboswell29Trinaboswell29 Posts: 119 Member
    The Sims
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 4
    I love all the sim games
  • LaVitaESabelLaVitaESabel Posts: 43 Member
    The Sims 2 has always been my favorite, I remember crying so bad when my brother has uninstalled it in our PC.
  • DOOM48DOOM48 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't really know why sims 4 is hated or disliked by so many people. To me, it was a lot easier to do things than in sims 3. Although I like Sims 2 the most, S4 comes second, and I personally like Sims Urbz third.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    Well, its certainly not Sims 4! :p - Though it has some pretty good things like the parenting system, multi tasking, and the building mode, everything else is either worse or comparable to even Sims 2. Customisation was cut down horrendously because it would cut into DLC revenue for EA, the overworlds are severely lacking not to mention you can't just go from lot to lot anymore without cutting to a loading screen, no cars even with expansions, the most lacking stuff packs to date sold at full price, not to mention most expansions that came for the game are stuff packs (I think its 16 SPs now?)...

Basegame wise: Sims 3. Came prepackaged with open world, create a style, story progression, cars, and a lot more customisable options in create a sim, edit town, and build mode. I also like the traits system better than the old personality point system, as well as the lifetime wishes system over the aspiration system.

Overall: Sims 3. All those things listed above, CAW, more to do & more places to go, playable careers, boating, highly customisable plumbots, better magic gameplay, most lifestates (vampire, mermaid, ghost, etc and so on), celebrity system, the adventure gameplay, horses, and of course the custom content. There's a lot more to Sims 3 than that but that's what I could list from the top of my head.... :D

I liked Sims 2 in its time, and I feel like the only thing Sims 2 did better than Sims 3 at was the business pack. Everything else Sims 3 has but better. Sims 1 was revolutionary in its time but its very dated. Then again, that was the point to Sims, with each installment they would add more ways to play and more customisable options; I say "was" because with Sims 4 they totally backpedaled and its seems like EA treats Sims with an attitude of "How little can we sell them at full price?" In other words, maximum profit. Ripoff. Haven't bought Sims 4, and with only like a year left in its development cycle I don't see it magically getting better from here. I played The Urbz one, many years ago. I think it was around the time I had Sims 2 with only 2 expansion packs and even then I felt like Sims 2 was superior.

Sims 3
    Sims 2
    The Sims
    The Urbz
    Sims 4

Also, any Sims game on console is a joke. Js :p
  • XHails_HaileyXXHails_HaileyX Posts: 14 New Member
    Sims 2 & Sims 3 are my favorites, and I couldn't choose between them even if my life depended on it lol

Sims 2 because: KIDS AGED YES THANK YA MAXIS, university was best thing ever to me, and the premade bios & neighborhood stories were much better written, were more interesting, and had more adult themes. I mean... Nervous Subject (I believe that was his name) was literally tortured by his parents (Loki/Circe, I remember myth names best lol) for science, and the dad in the Pleasant family was cheating on his wife with the maid (a classic American trope, and I LOVED it). I hated how 3 and 4 bios were dumbed down to seem more "kid friendly," it took away a lot of the family realism for me.

Sims 3 because: OPEN WORLD IS BEST THING (even though it murders even the best beastly PCs today), Witches could burn other Sims alive with Fire Blast (this is totally important), university was still best thing ever to me, and finally... *Takes a deep breath*
    IT HAD COLOR WHEELS!!!!!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    1.the sims 2
    2.the sims 3
    3.the sims 4
    4.the sims 1
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

DOOM48 wrote: »
    I don't really know why sims 4 is hated or disliked by so many people. To me, it was a lot easier to do things than in sims 3. Although I like Sims 2 the most, S4 comes second, and I personally like Sims Urbz third.

the sims 4 at times feels a mere shadow of its former self!

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think I will stop saying TS2 is the best, (but it is) I think I like stuff about all of them. I'm hoping for a big Mega game one day, where I can move a TS1 Sim into a TS2 game, and a TS2 interaction/AI/amimation into a TS3 game and some of the things about TS4 into the Mega game! lol Like one big Mega hood I would just be moving stuff around and moving Sims in and out and animations and interactions and worlds, and townies etc. It would be huge and break the bank. :D EA can go ahead and start working on it before I die, and release it for free, with all the games combined. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The best Sims game is the game you like best.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    I think I have to say Sims 1 is, for me, the best! I mean, there's no way I'd play it now because I'm sure it would seem pretty limited and it looks like a potato - but man I spent HOURS playing it back in the day. I think I did everything I possibly could do given the EPs I owned. I just loved it!

Then I think I'd put Sims 4 next on the list. I know it gets a lot of stick, but I really enjoy it. I get a lot of fun out of building, creating Sims and playing.

Then maybe Sims 2 and 3... I don't think I spent as much time with them as I have the other 2. I definitely didn't have as many of the EPs, which does limit what you can do.

They're all amazing games, to be honest! I have my gripes with all of them, but I've enjoyed playing them all :)
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    1. Sims 3
    2. Sims 4
    3. Sims 2
    4. Sims 1
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sims 2 > Sims 4 > Sims 1 > Sims 3
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    sims 1 2 3
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Sims 4
    Sims 2
    Sims 1
    Sims 3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • HarryJacko10HarryJacko10 Posts: 53 Member
    It's not The Sims 4, The Sims 3 is always my favorite Sims game because the reasons why I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 is because there are so many things to offer and you don't get bored easily like The Sims 4 and when Seasons came out, I was excited for it but I didn't have that hype feeling like I had for Sims 3 annoucement for like new packs because I feel like there is something missing in The Sims 4 and that thing is missing and I'm getting bored already of the game.

The Sims 3 has so many stuff like Open World, Cars, Create a Style, Better Packs, Store Content and LOTS! There were so many things in the game, this is why I love The Sims 3 but also.. I love The Sims 2 too, I would have to say that The Sims 3 is my top favorite then it's The Sims 2, Sims 2 had amazing animations, cut scenes and so many stuff to offer like The Sims 3 had and it didn't have a open world but I didn't get bored of it like The Sims 4, which it's strange to me.

So It would be like this for me: The Sims 3 > The Sims 2 > The Sims 1 > The Sims 4.
    Happy Simming! :)
    45175002624_2935fd76c6_b.jpg
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 4
    The Sims 2
    The Sims

Honestly, The Sims 3 is all around the best, open world introduction, Create a Style, good customization etc.
    The Sims 4's art style/direction is imo the best of all four, mixture between realistic and cartoony, which IMO sums up TS series. Content-wise it's pretty solid, nice little details and touches.
    The Sims 2 is the first 3D game instead of stereoscopic view, has a bunch of content and has a nice art style.
    The Sims 1, while good, has lost it's magic touch in terms of being new, but it'll always have a good place in my heart, since it was the first Sims game I've ever played.
  • tsuntsuntsuntsun Posts: 26 Member
    sims 3.. i think it's the one that really got me into playing sims cause my friend gifted it to me :) (((which she later took back cause she wanted to play too 🐸🐸🐸🐸)))

but have you guys ever played sims 2 castaway?? it's really odd but i also really frickin love this one, i think i remember it was very challenging for me
    edited September 2018
    It's not The Sims 4, The Sims 3 is always my favorite Sims game because the reasons why I prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 is because there are so many things to offer and you don't get bored easily like The Sims 4 and when Seasons came out, I was excited for it but I didn't have that hype feeling like I had for Sims 3 annoucement for like new packs because I feel like there is something missing in The Sims 4 and that thing is missing and I'm getting bored already of the game.

The Sims 3 has so many stuff like Open World, Cars, Create a Style, Better Packs, Store Content and LOTS! There were so many things in the game, this is why I love The Sims 3 but also.. I love The Sims 2 too, I would have to say that The Sims 3 is my top favorite then it's The Sims 2, Sims 2 had amazing animations, cut scenes and so many stuff to offer like The Sims 3 had and it didn't have a open world but I didn't get bored of it like The Sims 4, which it's strange to me.

So It would be like this for me: The Sims 3 > The Sims 2 > The Sims 1 > The Sims 4.
    Happy Simming! :)

there are more things to do in the sims 3 packs, Its not easy for me to get bored playing then, unlike the sims 4.
    you feel like there something missing in the sims 4, because there always is and always will.

seasons for the sims 4 as some great features from both past games. and its one of my favorite packs so far for four, but lacks features like the rest of the sims 4 packs. no swimming, so that will end up in its own pack.

if we are lucky we get half the features in the sims 4 expansion packs than what we get in the sims 2 or the sims 3, to then in some cases some to be added to game packs, stuff packs.

I look at game packs and stuff pack as nothing more than to make extra money by using less features in expansion packs to add to the other packs.

you would have to be blind not to see that with some of the game packs and stuff packs. not all mind, some!

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    All the Sims series has had things I loved in each - so I could not really pick one. I did play the most hours - night and day with Sims 3 though. I average 6-12 hours every night with the only days not simming - Christmas day, Thanksgivings day, and New Years for every year it was out.

Sims 1 and 2 I worked so to be fair - I only had week ends to play those.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sims 2 will always have a special place as my favorite of the entire series.

Sims 1 comes next just because it was the first in the series.

Next is 3 (which I need to re-purchase all the packs for).

Sims 4 is my least favorite right now which is why the Oct 2 announcement can't come fast enough for me. I need something to draw me back into the game but I have since returned to Sims 2.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Honestly...
    The sims 4
    The sims 3 (when I can play without it crushing every 10 minutes)
    The sims 2
    The sims 1
    I don't really care about open world or color wheel.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/