March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Is it really necessary for a household member to get food poisoning every. single. plum. time they go out to a restaurant?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I would like to be able to have single seasons, for all my sims to live at the Arctic Circle or the Sahara Desert - like always winter or always summer etc - other than that the seasons xpac has been pretty fun so far.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • betelgeusebetelgeuse Posts: 1 New Member
    it would be very nice to have a farm expansion, in which you can plant all kind of food, own a little farm and maybe later a huge plantation, to have a horse riding ability, as well as a farmer one, to have animals like cows, pigs etc, to have farm markets being held in specific days of the week, as well as fruit festivals and horse riding competitions, to have a farmer and a agribusiness career, some countryside clothing, musical instruments, songs and furnitures and, of course, these all in a rural "world" (like willow creek or oasis spring). greetings from brazil
  • MysticSireMysticSire Posts: 4 New Member
    Overall thoughts on the Sims 4: terrible. [b]In my opinion[/b] The Sims 4 is terrible in comparison to the sims 3 and in general too. They did a really lazy job on the sims 4 with tons of packs for things that should have been in the base game. Adding game packs in a way to justify draining money for it being 'too small' for an EP. And the base game actually 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off but i understood why they 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it because it's the base game and the less there is in the base game the more you can add in Expansions but then came the Expansion and they were disappointing, for example:

[b]Aliens:[/b] only have 3 abilities that can only be used once an hour where in sims 3 they had a whole system behind it and tons of abilities

[b]All EPS GPS SPS[/b] I'm not in the mood to spread hate and negativity so i'll compile the rest in here. They were all just so bad and dissapointing. I don't have anything to add to this. If you disagree which alot will i totally respect gat, understand it? No, but respect it.
    [b]I'm really hoping a Supernatural EP or GPS of most occults that actually transition into one another so that combined it feels like an EP but i doubt it with the results of everything. I'm just begging the devs and EA, for The Sims 5 please just listen better to the buyers and try not to milk us of all of our money. [/b]
  • BlueSimDinoBlueSimDino Posts: 1 New Member
    I want dinosaurs I know dumb idea but like I think it would be fun or maybe dinosaur costumes for adults but I’d prefer to have dinosaurs to discover or dig up dinosaur bones idk I just want dinosaurs
  • AmaMizu6AmaMizu6 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would really love to see:
    - Daycare as a functioning career for teen-adult (Sims can have daycare from their home or travel to work lot) [Thought this would be in the toddler expansion]

- Make grocery stores (similar to The Sims 3)for that sims have the choice to grow their own foods or buy it.

-Ability to go from home to home within each town without having to travel/load screen [most of the time I can literally walk across the street to a new house. The problem is, when you get to the house, you still have to select travel and wait for a loading screen.

-Have children experience the first day of school (backpacks, parents send them off, pack lunches into lunch boxes for kids, parents put the items in into backpacks)

-Theme parks, bring in roller coasters and such

-More interactive careers

-More jobs for teenagers

-Bring back the concept of superstar/pop singer/entertainer from The Sims 3

-More costumes for kids during spooky day [I only have two costumes; Yoda and Sausage; and the sausage one doesn't work]

-The expansion of Season didn't get its own world for some reason. [I thought we at least get always summer world, always winter world or something to that idea]

-Elevators for build mode[residential and commerical] (Also, I miss the spiral stairs from The Sims 3)

-Declining the new neighbors' home welcoming visit doesn't reduce friendship or cause a negative effect to friendship

-Teenagers that go through puberty [the main problem I have with teenagers is that they look just like adults. They're the same height and wear the same clothes]
  • AmaMizu6AmaMizu6 Posts: 4 New Member
    I also forgot to mention, I would love it if someone fixed the issue with Dine Out. I have three problems with it.

1. I took my family out to a restaurant, they ordered their food, and it never came. The chef wasn't preparing the meal and the waiters were stuck in the bathroom for hours. My family sat in their chairs for 12 hours before I left. The waiters were covered in filth and smelled horrible from peeing themselves and being stuck in random places for long periods of time. This happens a lot, even when I'm running my own restaurant without CC.

2. Sometimes the employees don't show up to work. I showed up to a restaurant where the host was missing, so there was a line piling up outside. When I own a restaurant, my employees refuse to show up, or they leave in the middle of a shift by changing clothes and jogging out of the business.

3. When I own a restaurant and I gained "well maintained" trait, my restaurant still goes up in flames without me present. Maybe an hour after its opening, I get a notification that my restaurant is losing money. How is that even possible when I have "fast eaters", "good tippers" and other awesome traits to help my business stay afloat?

Please fix this! :neutral:
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I just finely bout this a few days ago and only because you added toddlers. I am a die hard sims 2 fan and player. I have sims 3 and played maybe a year and it just was to hard to run and I was bored with the style as I love playing all households in rounds. So I am very surprised and happy with the toddlers in sims 4. They are by far the best and the game play for the moist part is a nice mix of sims 2 and 3 I think. I find I can play rounds without much trouble, unlike in 3. All the interactions and mannerisms are great in 4. Still trying to get used to making the sims myself and having trouble getting downloaded sims like from MTS and TSR to show up in my library. The lights inside the home are to dark even on the brightest. I only have base game right now, so don't know what is ahead for me, but right now I wanted to take a date out to dinner but there is only a nightclub and no way to eat. But like I said, this is my first week and I am still learning. Enjoying it this far and look forward to my next add on.
  • Rachel3463Rachel3463 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love sims 4! I would like to suggest a game pack or expansion pack for the sims 4. I really would like a school pack where the kids can go to a public school all cute with kid designs and teachers and new things you can do. Right now when the kids go to school you just have to wait until they come back and play as the other sims. But I think it would be really fun to be able to play as that sim while they are in school. Have desks and recess and stuff like that. For the teens, they go to a different school (obviously a high school) less kid-like and have different kind of things you can do. Or maybe have a university or something. It would be so cool and I would definitely buy. I hope you consider and think about the cool features you could add to it.
    Please add a school pack where kids and teens and possibly university students can go to school. THIS WOULD BE SO COOL. Teachers, students, recess, and more
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    AmaMizu6 wrote: »
    I also forgot to mention, I would love it if someone fixed the issue with Dine Out. I have three problems with it.

1. I took my family out to a restaurant, they ordered their food, and it never came. The chef wasn't preparing the meal and the waiters were stuck in the bathroom for hours. My family sat in their chairs for 12 hours before I left. The waiters were covered in filth and smelled horrible from peeing themselves and being stuck in random places for long periods of time. This happens a lot, even when I'm running my own restaurant without CC.

2. Sometimes the employees don't show up to work. I showed up to a restaurant where the host was missing, so there was a line piling up outside. When I own a restaurant, my employees refuse to show up, or they leave in the middle of a shift by changing clothes and jogging out of the business.

3. When I own a restaurant and I gained "well maintained" trait, my restaurant still goes up in flames without me present. Maybe an hour after its opening, I get a notification that my restaurant is losing money. How is that even possible when I have "fast eaters", "good tippers" and other awesome traits to help my business stay afloat?

hey :-) what restaurant is this ? Just curious for future knowledge.
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Rachel3463 wrote: »
    I love sims 4! I would like to suggest a game pack or expansion pack for the sims 4. I really would like a school pack where the kids can go to a public school all cute with kid designs and teachers and new things you can do. Right now when the kids go to school you just have to wait until they come back and play as the other sims. But I think it would be really fun to be able to play as that sim while they are in school. Have desks and recess and stuff like that. For the teens, they go to a different school (obviously a high school) less kid-like and have different kind of things you can do. Or maybe have a university or something. It would be so cool and I would definitely buy. I hope you consider and think about the cool features you could add to it.

kind of like a mini university (Sims 3 style) sounds cute and probably would be fun for school age children to play.
    Another game/expansion pack suggestion = Tropical Vacations!

You already have vacations like going to the jungle and going camping, (which I love by the way) but what if you also added a tropical vacation. You could send your sims to a resort to stay for x amount of nights and you can enjoy the hot weather for a while.

Some of the things you could include at the resort:
    Add beaches where you can swim, lifeguards, lifeguarding career where you can save people from drowning, build sandcastles, play in the water and more. Add restaurants where your sims can eat around the resort including food and beverages. Add pools with games like you would have when you go on vacation in real life. Add entertainment, like shows every night at the resort where your sims can watch dancing, trivia and other things.

As well as going on vacation, it would also be nice to own your own resort.

Owning your own resort:
    1. Hire employees
    2. Build the resort how you like
    3. Lifeguards!
    (PLUS I AM 23 % SURE YOU COULD OWN YOUR OWN RESORT IN SIMS 3 AND IT WOULD BE COOL IN SIMS 4!)

I would buy this game! Please consider if you are reading this.
    (I think this could happen considering you already have the option to "vacation" to different places.)
    Things I would like to add/change to the sims 4:

(Changes are based off of all te expansion packs that exist to this day in the sims 4 along with a few game packs. I don't have any of the stuff packs so if they are included in there already... sorry.)

MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO ME

1. Change into a free world. Loading screens and waiting just to go to a different house/lot that the sim could walk to is annoying sometimes. You could add cars or just make them walk to places that are in the same world. I'm fine with loading screens and waiting for entering other worlds and going on vacations.
    2. When you make expansion/game packs, could you possibly add more to future ones than you do now?

THINGS THAT WOULD BE COOL

-horse back riding
    -lifeguarding job
    -make all the teen jobs active (barista, fast food, etc.)
    -university, public school, high school (go with the sims)
    -for cats and dogs, the animals should stay puppies/kittens longer before they become an adult
    -for cats and dogs, the animals do not get sick that often so they don't have to go the vet that often unless you make and feed those treats to them
    -terrain tools like in the sims 3
    -daycare for toddlers
    -firemen can be called when a fire starts
    -change the height of pools
    -build pools in not-perfect lines and shapes but more freely
    -crimes like people can steal from your sims house or your sim
    -police can come and fix the crimes or see what's happening
    -include detectives in the life of your sim without being IN the detective career.
    -beach with sand and clear water
    -SPORTS ( basketball, soccer, tennis, hockey, volleyball )
    -figure skating
    -have teenagers look a little younger than the adults (right now they look the same age as adults)
    -go shopping at a grocery store
    -more secret places to discover in a secret way (like that tree for example)
    -when you "call to meal" making all the sims eat at the same time, make them automatically eat at the same table. ( this is easy with a small home and not that many seats but when you have a mansion, the sims all separate and eat in random spots. It would be cool if they could eat together in the dining room automatically without making them move there each individually.)
    -sims can break their leg/arm/wrist etc. and get it fixed at the hospital with casts that can be signed

I love this sims 4 by the way and I enjoy playing how it is now. Those are just some things that would be cool to add to TS4 or change to make it even better. I know that all of these things won't all happen, they are just suggestions.
  • peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    I’d like my sims to be dazed or bored more without me having to force them into that state. I’ve had the game for months and still dont really know the special interactions that come with those emotions.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I don't like that the Gallery defaults to 'popular now.' It seems like a good way to make sure people who don't have a bunch of followers never get noticed by people casually browsing.
  • INFINILokiINFINILoki Posts: 25 Member
    I have been an avid simmer for years, (ive bought every edition console/pc/ds/gamecube)and I love the game but honestly 3 was the best gameplay and expansions wise. No load screens, more stuff came in the packs to the point they were almost like there own stand alone games! Like 4 gave me vampires yea...but 3 gave me vamps, werewolves, fairies and ghosts all in one! I feel cheated because of it.
    Also on that note i HATE how the vamps wont stsy still in CAS I'm trying to get the perfect look, I need to zoom out sometimes to make sure it looks good far away too, and then I have to wait for them to stop plum hissing every 2 plum seconds! It's so annoying... That and not being able to copy paste the SIM I made to their vampire form(same with aliens) I hate having to try and match all that work I just did for the perfect creatures just to add a few changes like skin tone or odd markings/scary makeup.

I loved that I felt you could be more creative too, I miss the color sliders soooooo much. Being able to customize my furniture or clothes into the exact color schemes I wanted was brilliant, its frustrating trying to go for say..earthy tones with my main colors being green and brown, and while I can match the green the browns are all different shades! It kills my OCD like hell.

Anyway I do still enjoy 4...but it's missing a lot.

Things I would love to see

No load screens unless to a new world/ vactaion. Bring the open world back please? I spend so much time on load screen it's ridiculous.

Color sliders or customization options for clothes/ furniture

Seperate foundations in build mode. I've wanted to make an elevated study, and a living room that you have to step down into for ages now. Just messing with my floor heights so rooms can have different perspectives basically.

Mythical/Paranormal creatures for CAS...maybe even some in the world like wild unicorns just for funzs I'd love to see one of my kids run into or something else and the adults won't believe them unless they see it too.

More personality trait slots.
    A person can't be summed up into just 3 things, that's super irritating and 2d for character creation like this. Sims one gave you so many points to work with you could be a little bit of everything! While I don't mind having the point system gone even 3 gave you a bit more.
    Also you have like 4_5 categories to choose from, you should be able to give them one from each at the very least, then I'd love to have just one extra after that to be able to give my SIM that unique to them personality. It's a bit frustrating when all my Sims are basically the same person that just look different...

More relationships. Extended family, step family, friends with benefits, the ability to have more then one best friend, threesome relationships/multi partners. I have a few friends I want to re make but the standard relationship standards prevent me from being able to do so in the truest fashion like I want to.

I'd love for my pets not to count towards my house hold number.
    Its not like I can control them, and it's just that much harder to recreate families is like to. Mine for example.
    There's me, my 2 brothers and 3 sisters, dad, step mom and my actual mother. Then we have 2 dogs 3 cats, and I have a gecko... obviously can't recreate all that with the SIM limit. At the very least I'd like to customize my family tree to connect to other Sims not in the current household so I can make the bigger families. Like have the my sisters living on their own, moved out into other places. Their still related, just not there.
    I digress, back to pets... I would also love reptile pets! Or birds, we use to have tons of cockatiels (6 or so...) foster pets would be cute too. Or having an animal pound to save abandoned or lost animals. I miss horses...but unless you give us like a farm pack, other farm animals included (also would love) it makes sense not to have them.
    I'd like to see unusual pets is what it comes down to. Maybe even special ones depending on the world? Like make livable sections in the jungle, and give someone a monkey...Or even make up an animal special to that world, just something different.

More options when it comes to get to work.
    Like I love it lets us make a bakery or retail store, but I want to make a cafe/bakery.
    Nice little place nerds can be on their laptops writing in the corners by the fireplace, while eating some doughnuts and drinking coffee or hot coco! I'd love to make a cozy cafe with nice plush couches and lovingly used chairs and soft jazz playing on the radio speakers, but I can't.
    I don't wasn't just caffes, but even lie art stores, craft stores, where Sims sell thing's they make... while being able to mass produce something through other companies or something so they don't have to keep doing it themselves.
    Own a food truck, make computers, sell games... I don't know, just way more options then we have now.

More toddler hair.... there is so little options. It's sad.

I just got seasons recently, its been great, but i feel three season's don't last long enough. All the holidays go so fast and just fly by I don't really get to enjoy them, or have time to set up.
    Would have loved a world a two to go with it, maybe one for each or just one overly big one that's like zootopia. One place split into 4 different climates.

There's tones of stuff I'd love to see, these are the ones I'd like the most. I'd type more honestly but I'm using a phone, and typing is hard lol

I'll wait and see if anything I'd really like setting happens before typing/ asking for more.

Thou guys are wonderful, and I love your games, I'd just really wish you give us more for the money we spend! true fans can wait for something good, and understand that to get something you made with your full 100% effort will take awhile.
  • RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    What I like: The option to search for hashtags and filter for packs when searching the library.

What I don't like: When I turn on the "show owned" packs filter, I still get results with plenty of game/stuff packs that I don't own.

Suggestions: Please allow us to choose between a "show owned" packs that affects all game/stuff/expansion packs, and a "show owned" that filters the way it does now.. Which I think might be just filtering for the expansion packs and ignoring the game/stuff packs that I don't own.

Overal thoughts: When I think my neighbourhood is boring and want to spice it up by adding some nice venues created by other players, I spend way too much time browsing the library searching for builds that don't contain any stuff/game packs I don't own. Even with the "show owned" filter on the majority of the results I get have a bunch of stuff/game packs I don't own. I don't like having to replace wallpaper/floors and objects because the player used a pack I don't own, and thus I will avoid at all cost to download a venue that has content I don't have. I regret to say that when I spend 30 to 45 minutes browsing through venues my desire to play sims 4 is gone and I close the game disappointedly and go do something else. And all because the "show owned" filter still shows game and stuff packs that I don't own, causing me to spend a lot of time clicking through creations looking for content that I actually do own.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    AmaMizu6 wrote: »

This is how my game is too.
    2UFyFUV.png

• OMWCOMWC Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be great if Simmers who have both City Living and Jungle Adventure could have the Selvadoradian food stall generate at the Spice Festival!
  • TeaTea Posts: 2 New Member
    Let toddlers claim toddler beds please?
  • HellaMinaHellaMina Posts: 1 New Member
    I really think there should be an expansion that is about babies and pregnancy!! There isn't very much to do with newborns in the game, or pregnancy and it's just not interesting! Please add more, like furniture and clothes, new things to do, etc. Please! :)
  • HelmipuuroHelmipuuro Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like to have a Create-a-World option, because I don't really want to pay for new places :neutral:
  • AmysmosAmysmos Posts: 17 Member
    We need more negative things. Or at least an option for them in the menu (I understand some people want to play without this). I get bored after 2-3 generations because my guys have all the money and did all the things. There is no challenge, there are no obstacles, there are no surprises.

Lots of games have increased difficulty or extra "hard" settings to turn on or off.

Please. Set my rugs on fire. Make my hamster carry a deadly disease. Let a burglar steal my refrigerator before I have the money to replace it. Give the career popup decisions meaning again, the wrong choice costs your job. Send my sim to jail for fighting or stealing. Let my kids drop out of school and lose access to top career tiers. Bring in some money sinks with boarding schools, rehabs, hospital stays,fines for littering. Give me some PROBLEMS to overcome. Give me a better life simulator.
  • DrownedOpheliaDrownedOphelia Posts: 2 New Member
    It's come to my attention that we could have had nectar making as a thing. That was by far my favorite thing to do in Sims3, and am sad that it's not in Sims 4. It's a neat little way of making money besides a job, gardening, and handiness related activities. We should add that back, please?