Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking most forward to?

What’s something in the Sims 4 you’re looking most forward to in a future pack?

What are you looking most forward to? 189 votes

New CAS
2%
Bagoas77alanmichael1ListentoToppDoggGalaxySimsGirlsinsimmer 5 votes
New Build/Buy
4%
DannydanbopixiejuiceitskatylynnshnailehFreezerBunnyCowplantMrMonty96SimsècretRae357SimPaperrh 9 votes
New Gameplay Objects
6%
Kita5399alexspoom13simgirl1010slamondaSjofncatloverplayerJennyggambo1CeCeDotmariajane216lexus20BreazonaBusufu 13 votes
New Worlds
17%
pookysimsloverdjacquelynstewANNETTE1951stilljustme2sekojranasimmietimetwilight_aerithtaydevilyahnajcp011c2TerraK4siesTomaTericheifeagleeyeadele_katjackjack_kdomina89Agustín CornejoPotterheadSimMekoShark 34 votes
New Venue Types or New Venue Systems (eg. Like a Get To Work lot, Retail/Resturant/Vet type lot that brings in a new system, like University lots etc)
3%
elelunicyEricasFreePlaycosta09KaronLady_BalloraSeymour92OtherMother 7 votes
New Gameplay systems (like Clubs or Adventuring)
11%
JaiSeaalan650111Lomelindi7SimmySimianmueller_litePegasysMEP199EmmaVanelittlemissgogorambahadoerLittlBowBubSigzy05EnkiSchmidtSayoLoireDominicLaurenceShira3000pinneduphairkaiwrysimsVanPelt81ghostpost 21 votes
New Careers (Active and Standard)
11%
GalacticGalIcewolfaprilroseDJQ1308loubyloulouBluelleR0bertaSimplyToriBird166SajahikristenleighwhiteDoloresGreySavvySimmiesof2106SheriSim57Stephy1231Cherrybug90Madachan88simms745Lauri_Anton 21 votes
New Life States/Stages/Animals
15%
JeanMjstsmPPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegrobyngravesIObellerosehrtgirlfruitsbasket101Vulorikacyyygothprincess4everashcrash19davina1221ClassicalSimMasonGamerAuronoiChieftainmikaGeckogamesHarlowandMeSihu 29 votes
New base game upgrades (eg. toddlers, ghosts, pools, lighting engine, reactions, potentially things like Open neighbourhood etc)
19%
CK213icmnfrshrudy8292IceyJVkittySimburianCynnaKirbySkywalkerBoredinTXpeterskywalkerRamblineRoseAnabelarodriguesspice3mikawagbixtersthe_greenplumbobNinja-Dan22AlbaWaterhouseTrashmagicLatinaBunny 37 votes
Other (please specify)
6%
auroraael14windweaverFeenkittykeekee53Lizzychicagosikasika18Cinders27catitude5SiliCloneking_of_simcity7OldeseadoggethatsnotswegBrindleton 13 votes

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    New Worlds
    Since Seasons I’m quite content with gameplay, but I do want more locations.

I want to see them explore less surburban areas for now. Would love to see an alpine world by a lake. Or full countryside in a valley with amazing sunsets.

I eventually want a surban area that’s quite straight forward, but the Sims 4 graphics work so much better with nature than they do with fake buildings.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I wish I could look forward to gameplay stuff and packs but I don't. I wish so hard for them to start fixing major limitations in the engine to get rid of simulation lag and maybe create a dx12 wrapper to enable the game to use more CPU cores because that would get rid of fps drops and possibly the simulation lag as well.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    New Careers (Active and Standard)
    I desperately want an active singer career again. I want it so badly, I'm using mods to help simulate it. I'm very glad that through OR and CL our Sims now can sing, that it is a skill they can work on. Just making money at it and performing would be an asset. I do realize that many don't like any form of celebrity and I do agree that how it was handled in Sims3 was strange. While it is true that somebody who befriends a celebrity might get the limelight shone upon them, that doesn't necessitate their legitimate stardom by itself. I think it should be more tightly restrained, should they bring it back to go with the Entertainment Field. (I would also like to see acting and modeling along with the singer career.) And why shouldn't a Chef who has risen to the top of their field get recognition, say a TV show? Entertainers should accumulate recognition as they rise in their field. They should be stopped for autographs. Perhaps, they could even be chased by over-the-top fans with an option to either run, or call and be picked up by their 'manager'. I was nine years old when the Beatles hit America. I love their first movie, "A Hard Days' Night". Fans chased these guys everywhere. If they caught up with them, the fans would try ripping at their clothing to have a 'piece' of them. They raided their hotel rooms for a towel or sheet or something used by these four guys. It was crazy-insane and I was too young to even get to that point of zaniness, so I guess I'd like a chance to live it vicariously, as in a game. Safe and sound. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    New base game upgrades (eg. toddlers, ghosts, pools, lighting engine, reactions, potentially things like Open neighbourhood etc)
    While I do love me some new content, right now I wish for the base game to be fleshed out. That way, I'll enjoy all the extra content much more because the game will be great on its own.

As for packs, I love new ways to play the game. It expands our options and makes the game more vibrant. I think adding many cultures and worlds with appropriate activities makes this easier.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Magic of sorts. Not to be confused with witches.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I very much would like to see EA upgrade and improve the foundation of the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    I love new upgrades (toddlers!!!), new life states (vampires!!!), and new gameplay. :smile:

I’m waiting for ocean swimming and Mermaids, so... upgrades, new gameplay, and life states? Updated babies as well (hopefully, please??? :open_mouth: ).

Ooh! And I would love for Education and Daycare careers to come back as well! :smile:

And sports and sewing (like Sims 2 Free Time hobbies stuff), too! :blush:

I want so much of the above... so... ugh... hard to choose one on the poll. I guess upgrades is one I really get excited for. (Babies, ocean swimming, and new NPCs, please?)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    New Life States/Stages/Animals
    I want more small animals like birds, reptiles, and bunnies.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    New Gameplay Objects
    More Gameplay Objects for me. We still don't have cars,photobooths,pool slides,pool waterfalls,vibrating heart beds and a lot more.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other (please specify)
    A frank and honest admission that they messed up, that the engine (& therefore the game) is hopelessly irrepable, and that they will build from scratch a proper replacement. This would ideally be based on TS2 (the version that actually works) with appropriate revisions to reflect the advances in gaming technology in the years since its release and bringing in such features of TS3/4 that are actually viable. Am not familiar with TS3, but useful things from 4 might include the basement system, ability to move/adjust houses/rooms, and the semi-open world. Since integrity is not EA's strong suit I don't expect this, but it would be a refreshing change.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    New Gameplay Objects
    I really want pool tables, kitchen appliances like toasters and juicers, laptops, nectar and jam making equipment.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    As much as I want more EPs/GPs and a few more worlds, I feel like the base game is still underwhelming game play.
    I want...
    -the missing NPCs
    -trait and whims overhauls
    -more interesting satisfaction rewards
    -risk/rewards/consequences
    -drama and danger
    -situational awareness
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I really want a vacation world....beaches, swimmable oceans, the ability to get sunburned and tan, water sports, stuff like that. Of course I have a list of build things I'd love to have but.......we all know how that's gonna go.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    The base game was so empty and half baked at launch that it is still in great need of attention.
    Sims personalities and reactions (or lack of thereof) are a base game problem and the more new thing they add, the more obvious it becomes.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    New Gameplay Objects
    I would love a hobbies type GP to be honest. I feel like all the Sims end up the same, different hobbies could help fill in for their lack of personality. We really need more activities to fill up weekends, and days off. My quick list would be - pool tables, pool/outdoor/beach activities, board games, more playground equipment, pottery wheel/ceramics, jewelry making, mini golf, candy making, arcade games, more musical instruments, added toys for both children & toddlers, dance options (ballet, tap, ballroom/slow dancing etc.).. I could go on and on.
    Otherwise I’d like to see more career options, education being at the top of my list for that.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    New CAS
    I really want body hair.
  • OtherMotherOtherMother Posts: 7 New Member
    New Venue Types or New Venue Systems (eg. Like a Get To Work lot, Retail/Resturant/Vet type lot that brings in a new system, like University lots etc)
    University option, as well as other vacation worlds, plz.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    General upgrades like more building tools, neighbourhood upgrades in Patches as I will take a lot of persuading to buy any more expansion packs.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want to see more base game updates like cars, preteens and a overhaul on emotions with fear added there's just so much that needs fixed or added to the base game so that everything else can be better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • FeenkittyFeenkitty Posts: 26 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Create a World
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Way more traits and more trait slots per sim. And a likes/dislikes system.

But also:
    Witches
    Fairies
    Magic
    Celebrities
    Bands
    More careers
    More worlds

And the return of missing objects from sims1-3 as well as new exciting things.
  • adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    edited August 2018
    New Worlds
    Witches ( Black Magic, Voodoo )
    Fog
    Body hair
    Piercing
    CREEPY BAYOU WORLD!!!*.*

Ability to turn off the mobile in the game.
    giphy.gif
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Other (please specify)
    bug fixes
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    While all of these sound so good, I honestly do want upgrades to what the basegame has. Everything from the previous years needs to be revamped and new free content going to accommodate it!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    New Worlds
    New worlds or vacation locations.
    an island setting of some sort, be it tropical, mediterranean, southeast Asian, or caribbean, just something. Hopefully would include resorts or hotels in it. If they really expanded on this with cruise ships and houseboats I could see it being an EP, but if the main focus is the fact its an island, possibly a GP.
    A mountainous world with some type of winter influence - one that such if someone doesn't have seasons the winter weather would not spill over to other worlds and would just be confined to this one location, so as not to depend on purchasing another EP. For those that want just a taste of winter, I guess.
    Another big city but a touristy area - Las Vegas comes to mind. also of course other ideas would be Paris, Tokyo (even if SM is a bit like that), Miami, London, Sydney
    An African world of some sort - more plains and grassland than Sahara for sure. African safaris, and free ranging (to lots) animals.
    Egypt as well, for mummies and pyramids
    Not sure if this would fit the idea of a "world" and certainly not a vacation world by any means, but a zombie apocalypse type world where everything is run down. Zombies would come with this world, I guess you could choose different levels of zombie count if you want to focus more on the post apocalypse type of play or more on the zombie type of play.
    A Medieval type of world. No cell phones, carrier pigeons instead. I don't know how difficult it would be to do that.
    Theme parks or zoos or aquariums. this would definitely work better as a vacation type of world. Though it would probably be an EP over a GP given the amount of things we'd likely get with it.
    Some type of world that revolves around farming but is set with current technology. This would for sure be a residential world not just a travel destination.

And those are, for the most part, just vacation/travel spots, not even standard residential worlds. And just the ones that come to mind right away. I could probably go on for quite some time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.