March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In Real Life...

What are some things, from your real life, that you wish were included in the game?

I've been playing the Sims for a lot of years, off and on, when I have the time to delve right into it. Recently, I've been thinking "oh I wish I could do this (or that)".
Some of these include:

- have a roommate that pays rent, that I don't have to play within my "household"
- have sim use his/her phone or tablet when going to the bathroom (in real life my own kids do this and it drives me nuts)
- have favorite tv shows
- grocery shopping
- a movie theatre would be cool
- I think banking would neat
- cars, bikes, skateboards, roller skates would be fun
- schools and education careers (not mods)

What's on your wish list from your real life?

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Welcome to the forums.

Thought I’d mention, Sims can use phones in the bathroom, and when eating. Not sure about the tablets.
    If you watch carefully, Sims will likely prefer one channel over the others when watching TV autonomously, though this probably isn’t what you mean.
    And it would be pretty cool to make my Sims able to be teachers.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    I really wish I could have my toddlers in the pool together.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd like to be able to have Sims have individual accounts, then those combine to go into the household funds. For example, if a teen has a part-time job, or maybe earns money by programming or writing books, they should be able to take that money with them when they move out. You could have a Sim that makes a lot of money in royalties, but when they move out they only get that base §20K which barely rents you a cheap apartment in San Myshuno. I've been combing the Gallery for small houses that are less than §20K and furnished (because the cost of the lot isn't taken into account when uploading builds to the Gallery) but everyone seems to like to build mansions. (An SP with old, beatup furniture that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be a cool idea -- you could set a challenge to gradually upgrade the house.)

In that similar vein, a banking system with loans that have to be paid back with interest could be an interesting notion, and help households get into that house that suits their family's needs...for a price. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I want to have friends that betray you in some kind of way added in. I think that would be a good twist, I’m sure everybody wouldn’t like it, but in real life everyone’s not your friend even if you think they are.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    I want there to be an online dating system. I hate this reasoning but I have to say it, it’s 2018! How could our sims in TS3 have it but not these sims? Also this one might be viewed differently to others but I want a landline phone. I used to add them on the bedside table in TS3 or hang them on the wall in their kitchen. Most elders I’ve seen don’t have a cell phone, and for those that do good for them but I would like landline phones.
  • rydenlrydenl Posts: 23 Member
    I also wish you could lock guests out of your computer. My guests are always on the computer. I started putting them in rooms so I could lock the door!

I'd like a dating app too (not just the mod).

A landline would be very cool! A phone with a cord!!

I agree with teen sims being able to make/take their own money earned. My own kids would have something to say if their paycheques went to the "household"! lol
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Laptops
    Doodling/sketching
    Leisurely walks (there is a mod but option should be in game)
    Cars
    Different hobbies, likes dislikes, favorites, hidden talents
    Body hair (can get cc but should be in game)
    Piercings (can get cc but should be in game)
    Painted fingernails (can get cc but should be in game)
    Upgradeable beds!!
    More middle age hairstyles for men (more receding hairlines)
    Option to shave at the sink, teens could run the risk of knicking themselves while shaving and could get an uncomfortable or embarrassed moodlet from it

Im sure there are more things i will think of. Ill come back and add to the list whenever something else comes up :)

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,296 Member
    I'd like to be able to have Sims have individual accounts, then those combine to go into the household funds. For example, if a teen has a part-time job, or maybe earns money by programming or writing books, they should be able to take that money with them when they move out. You could have a Sim that makes a lot of money in royalties, but when they move out they only get that base §20K which barely rents you a cheap apartment in San Myshuno. I've been combing the Gallery for small houses that are less than §20K and furnished (because the cost of the lot isn't taken into account when uploading builds to the Gallery) but everyone seems to like to build mansions. (An SP with old, beatup furniture that doesn't cost an arm and a leg would be a cool idea -- you could set a challenge to gradually upgrade the house.)

In that similar vein, a banking system with loans that have to be paid back with interest could be an interesting notion, and help households get into that house that suits their family's needs...for a price. B)

I like the notion of adding loans into the mix. It would be very nice to pay something other than utilities that, by the way, are incredibly out-of-control. I recently turned off the thermostat in my Sims' houses relying on the fireplaces, instead. We will see if this curbs their rate of payment. I have yet to install the ceiling fan, but I will when my game rolls back around to the warmer months. Also, I agree, unless you keep a separate log of what your teen Sims earn, so that you can money cheat it back to them upon moving out, there is no way, currently, to make sure they get what they earned. I suppose they could spend it on things they want, but that is problematic, as they can't take it with them. So, I do wish they could put their own stuff into their inventory, so they aren't leaving empty-handed. I got to take my dresser and nightstand with me when I moved out. (I could've taken the bed, too, but it was a single and I moved out because I got married.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited August 2018
    -Bank accounts and loans
    -Bunk beds
    -Assigned seating around the dinner table or on the sofa, so sims try to sit in "their" spot where possible.
    -Scarves as accessories not just attached to a coat
    -The ability to play the game tech-free (for historical/living off the land style play)
    -More "ordinary" jobs such as working in shops, hair salons, etc. Part-time jobs for adults, and the other jobs from Sims 2 and 3 (army, law etc - I put them in my game via mods)
    -Better colour matching for furniture (this one drives me up the wall when decorating)
    -An attraction system as per Sims 2

Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    A grocery store or market would make it more realistic. I also wish Sims didn’t have to “travel” when going to their neighbor’s house.
  • SimmySosaSimmySosa Posts: 3 New Member
    People may not agree, but I really wish they would have:
    -job applications
    - the ability to take your kids to school/daycare
    - Bring back transportation (taxi, school bus, bikes)
    - Bring back CPS instead of the baby disappearing
    - Change the backdrop of CAS back to a closet
    - an option to tell your partner you’re pregnant
    - Banking
    - More interactions with newborns
    - Maybe an amusement park to go to or more vacation activities.
    - Once they become a teenage, they kind of have their own income when they work, instead of combining it with household income, or back to the banking idea, they can add which household members have access to certain incomes. So they could have multiple bank cards.
    Reading through these I also agree with the dating app, grocery shopping, and movie theatre...

Less rabbit hole careers and Move interactive careers like teaching/ factory jobs/ real estate!!! / make up artist/ hair stylist/ wedding planner/ Being Famous (sing? Dancer? Kim K? Lol) / car salesman/ fast food worker/ modeling/ construction...so many things !!!
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    @SimmySosa Oooooo I love the job application idea! Would it be a maybe they’ll get the job maybe they won’t type of thing, depending on skills? Or just the ability to fill one out?
    2ahzmo1.gif

I like the notion of adding loans into the mix. It would be very nice to pay something other than utilities that, by the way, are incredibly out-of-control. I recently turned off the thermostat in my Sims' houses relying on the fireplaces, instead. We will see if this curbs their rate of payment. I have yet to install the ceiling fan, but I will when my game rolls back around to the warmer months. Also, I agree, unless you keep a separate log of what your teen Sims earn, so that you can money cheat it back to them upon moving out, there is no way, currently, to make sure they get what they earned. I suppose they could spend it on things they want, but that is problematic, as they can't take it with them. So, I do wish they could put their own stuff into their inventory, so they aren't leaving empty-handed. I got to take my dresser and nightstand with me when I moved out. (I could've taken the bed, too, but it was a single and I moved out because I got married.)

I also think that asking for a small/large loan (available with high Charisma skill) should add a hit to the relationship the longer you go without paying it back. I got pretty ticked off at a friend who had to borrow some money to get her through till next payday, then she took forever to pay me back. It would also add a new dimension to University if that pack is on the drawing board somewhere. Many teens (and even children) are earning their own money either though actual jobs or odd jobs like mowing grass or babysitting, either to save for college or to buy something special like a new bike or a class trip or even just to buy comic books or video games.
    SimmySosa wrote: »
    People may not agree, but I really wish they would have:
    -job applications
    - the ability to take your kids to school/daycare
    - Bring back transportation (taxi, school bus, bikes)
    - Bring back CPS instead of the baby disappearing
    - Change the backdrop of CAS back to a closet
    - an option to tell your partner you’re pregnant
    - Banking
    - More interactions with newborns
    - Maybe an amusement park to go to or more vacation activities.
    - Once they become a teenage, they kind of have their own income when they work, instead of combining it with household income, or back to the banking idea, they can add which household members have access to certain incomes. So they could have multiple bank cards.

We already have the abilty to transfer funds between a household account and a business (retail, restaurant) -- I wonder if that could be adopted somehow to allow Sims to have individual accounts, then they transfer a percentage each week to cover household expenses (food, weekly bills, etc.). Maybe add in the ability to "hack" into individual accounts; say Jeremy or Jessica earned §1000 from selling a masterpiece painting, dad Justin could skim off some extra money to go drinking down at the bar or to pay child support for his secret baby. :o If the kid found out there'd be a major hit to their relationship with Dear Old Dad.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Some of these banking ideas could actually be pretty cool.
    I also wouldn’t mind seeing a bus, taxi or similar take my Sims off (although sometimes the routing makes it take forever to start the loading screen to travel, so careful).
    Bikes for around the street at least, like the jogging?
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    -something akin to a stock market and real estate investments
    -collaborative painting, performance art, etc
    -can commit burglary
    -possibility of foraging/hunting for food (not mandatory)
    -some kind of trade system like when you trade gears in mmorpg
    positively Epicurean
  • Lavasm77Lavasm77 Posts: 31 Member
    -a rural neighborhood to live in, like an English countryside setting
    -a "go for a walk" option
    -the ability to perform together on instruments
    -make produce/fruits into smoothies or juice
    -craft collected gems and metals into jewelry
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    -Individual money accounts
    -Pool floats
    [quote="Lex2221;c-16686273"]@SimmySosa Oooooo I love the job application idea! Would it be a maybe they’ll get the job maybe they won’t type of thing, depending on skills? Or just the ability to fill one out? [/quote]

That’s what I was thinking, a maybe/maybe not thing, just like IRL... But honestly I’d be happy with either one!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Newspapers
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Cops who return stray children
    Drums
    Bands
    Laptops

Personal accounts
    Family loans
    Pocket money

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    I'd love to add one sided romance. It's a bit off to me that most of romantic approach are being reciprocated well. In addition, Sims can be secret admirers and have a broken-heart experience by seeing their crush being romantic with other Sims.
    Origin ID: lotary00