Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think if sims 3 and 4 combined it would make a perfect game?

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Cynna I started on a reply and realised I sounded like a pompous know it all which is not my intent. I agree we are unlikely to see open worlds in the sims franchise again and I like your suggestion for an open neighbourhood especially the incorporation of transport. The problem is I am greedy as a builder and I would want considerably more plus the ability to edit lots and surrounding terrain. We all have our personal deal breakers and a total open world of reasonable size is one of mine. Perhaps if we could up the number of lots to 60 and find the means of providing world editing then I might consider it or better still some provision for building a neighbourhood of my own.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sitting right beside you in the Open World cheering section. I also love terrain editing, CFE, and the other customization options. I don't consider it at all greedy to want those features again. :)

As much as I loved TS2, the whole time that I played it, I dreamed of open worlds, Sims that could visit each other's homes, and some type of story progression that would keep me from having to micromanage every single Sim.

When EA delivered TS3, I was thrilled. Though the Sims weren't as smart and the animations were not as detailed as TS2, it seemed like the heart of the series was still there. Plus, we had entire worlds to explore and to mold and make our own.

Since then -- over the last four years -- it's become evident that EA is heading full tilt in the opposite direction. If I want to hold onto a series that I love, I've had to make up my mind to compromise on a lot of things. Unfortunately, open world is one of them. I could live with open neighborhoods, so long as (as you say) they're not as tiny as what we have now. However, I don't know that we'll ever see 60 contiguous lots ever again. :/

As much as I would love to see large open worlds again, my personal breaking point is smarter Sims and enough content to make game play compelling from the outset. Such as, toddlers and teens and the kinds of objects that used to come in the base games like cribs, pool tables, slides, swings, drum sets, diving boards, and lounge chairs. I figure, if we got those things, I might not miss an open world as much because I'd be too busy playing.

If only...

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My perfect game would mostly come from features of Sims 2 with a few features from Sims 4 like clubs holidays and CAS and add in CAST from Sims 3. So no Sims 3 and 4 alone would not be the perfect game because both are far from it Sims 2 is the closest thing to perfect.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    NO! Not at all. Different engines - different graphics, different everything. That's like mixing lemon juice and milk. makes clabbered milk - not drinkable at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @Cynna as you say "if only" :D I think we are both agreed about the likelihood of open worlds appearing again in the franchise. For one thing I do not believe the company will abandon the new game engine it created for TS4 (or was it Olympus?!) which clearly has many limitations starting with lounge chairs and larger animals such as horses.

In an ideal world we could all have the features we most wanted in a combined game and the company would have the capacity and finances to make it. I do hope going forward that if such an amalgam is ever suggested there is as wide a consultation with the whole simming community as possible, both here on the forum and on social media. It should naturally include the TS2 players because people still enjoy playing that game and more established players have very fond memories of the game. I fear, however, that it will be impossible to satisfy everyone's requirements and the groups who shout loudest will win. Just getting the art style of the game sorted would be a complete ruckus and obviously the company would have the final say :/

This is why I think going back to the drawing board and designing a game which takes the best aspects of each iteration might be a fairer way to do it. Then hopefully you would get your smarter sims, the depth of gameplay you want and we could both have a decent sized world with transport.

I also found TS 4 strange with missing or pared down features, particularly the babies as a life stage and the teens as nothing more than cut down adults. I agree over the lounge chairs and I notice the recent Seasons EP did not even include the tanning booth :D:D Newspapers and proper house phones .......... which is why I shall be sticking with TS3 for now.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    NO! Not at all. Different engines - different graphics, different everything. That's like mixing lemon juice and milk. makes clabbered milk - not drinkable at all.

Agreed. Far better perhaps to have a ompletely new game with plenty of player consultation prior to development and production.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I think that’s a pretty good comparison actually. You can’t just mix two good things and hope the result will be good or even better. It doesn’t work that way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No. TS3 was far from perfect. Quite garbage imo.
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    No. TS3 was far from perfect. Quite garbage imo.

To each his own. The great thing about the sims series is there is something for everyone to play, whatever their preference and some have even been known to play both TS3 and 4 concurrently.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    how about they do a combined of TS2/TS3

I never want to see the sims 4 in any future sims game.

especially more since they have already extended the sims 4
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Sims 2 + 4 would be a better mix than Sims 3 + 4.
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2018
    No. I think the perfect Sims game would be the Sims 2 with the shell (art design/style) and fast loading starting screen of the Sims 4 (I used to play TS2 with A LOT of custom contents and it took me 45 min to load everything, that's why I don't play TS2 often anymore for the past 2 years, I don't have that much free time to wait for stuff to load).
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sims 1, 2 and 3 combined would be pretty cool :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I agree.

The Sims 4 is a closed world that can’t handle its own simulation, which is why I’m hesistant to want any part of its design in the future.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Scarbo27 wrote: »
    No. I think the perfect Sims game would be the Sims 2 with the shell (art design/style) and fast loading starting screen of the Sims 4 (I used to play TS2 with A LOT of custom contents and it took me 45 min to load everything, that's why I don't play TS2 often anymore for the past 2 years, I don't have that much free time to wait for stuff to load).

it takes me about 5min on a toaster
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I agree.

The Sims 4 is a closed world that can’t handle its own simulation, which is why I’m hesistant to want any part of its design in the future.

Just curious. There's absolutely no Sims 4 feature you'd like to see carried forward?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I also would prefer Sims 2 and 4. I loved the depth in Sims 2, their personalities, chemistry and romance, the breaking of the fourth wall, the reactions and nuances, the npcs, the animations...I could go on and on. In Sims 4 I love the art style, the ability to travel to any world from any household, the awesome CAS, the facial expressions, the population manager, Vampires and Aliens, clubs, the worlds, the weather, the gallery...

Yep. Put the best together and I'd buy the plum out of it. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    No. There's never been a perfect game. Not Tetris, not Super Mario Bros. 3, not Pool of Radiance, not Street Fighter 2, not Baldur's Gate, not Deadfire. Those are all objectively phenomenal games, but all of them have flaws. There is no perfect game.

You take that back! <sob>

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Every African American popular music, to me it looks like one of those inspirations.

The Sims
    Mid-Late 70s and Early-Late 80s Disco and Rap

The Sims 2
    Late 90s and Early 2000s Hip Hop and R&B

The Sims 3
    Mid-Late 70s, Early-Late 80s, and Early 90s Hip Hop, Rap, R&B, Soul, and Disco

The Sims 4
    (to be added later on)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    There's not much that I've seen from 3 that I'd want back. Rather than a full open world though, I wouldn't mind an open neighborhood set up. And there's no way on this earth I'd want to be stuck on one world alone either. I'm trying to think of something from 3 I'd want back...

Maybe an EP concept like Into the Future, with all that scifi stuff? A hightech, maybe even cyberpunk like world, that could be cool. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I agree.

Closed worlds are so last decade now. I mean TS3 had an Open World in 2009. There is no excuse for not getting it right in the next Sims game.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Every African American popular music, to me it looks like one of those inspirations.

The Sims

The Sims 2

The Sims 3

The Sims 4
    (to be added later on)

For me the music goes:

TS1: Old Skool UK breakbeat rave scene 90-93

TS2: UK Happy Hardcore 94-97 with hints of the Dutch 'Funcore' or Happy Gabber

TS3: UK Hard House 99-03 with hints of Freeform Hardcore 02-06 and a slight nod to the original Dutch Gabber scene of 92-97

TS4: UK Hardcore meets Dubstep, meets Trap meets EDM drops. No thank you.

TS5: UK Hard House revival 15-18 'Future Hard House' with hints of the Old Skool? There s a lot of good Hard House coming out these days and it is really getting stronger again. We need that in The Sims
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

The Sims

The Sims 2

The Sims 3

The Sims 4
    (to be added later on)

For me the music goes:

TS3: UK Hard House 99-03 with hints of Freeform Hardcore 02-06 and a slight nod to the original Dutch Gabber scene of 92-97

TS5: UK Hard House revival 15-18 'Future Hard House' with hints of the Old Skool? There s a lot of good Hard House coming out these days and it is really getting stronger again. We need that in The Sims
    Thanks a lot king! You know what happens? R&B first appeared in the base game of The Sims 2, it has some kind of late 90s/early 2000s and slow jams, returning back to The Sims 3 with pets expansion, R&B sounds more than 70s/80s/early 90s. Until R&B will be added back to The Sims 4, R&B needs to have more late 90s/early 2000s feel along with slow jams.
  • Options
    There's not much that I've seen from 3 that I'd want back. Rather than a full open world though, I wouldn't mind an open neighborhood set up. And there's no way on this earth I'd want to be stuck on one world alone either. I'm trying to think of something from 3 I'd want back...

Maybe an EP concept like Into the Future, with all that scifi stuff? A hightech, maybe even cyberpunk like world, that could be cool. :)

This is why I don't believe a sims game combining TS3 and 4 is possible. We now have two sims communities neither of which might be comfortable with the thought of compromise and given the impossibility of satisfying everyone, there would have to be compromise. There is no way I would buy a new sims game that didn't include open worlds, CASt, CAW, cars, newspapers, house phones, sun loungers, burglars, tanning booths, terrain paints, terrain tools, university, etc. And as for loading screens ..... even the word plum is not strong enough to describe my dislike.

That said open neighbourhoods might be acceptable compromise, if they were truly open and we could have cars and other forms of transport.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

The Sims

The Sims 2

The Sims 3

The Sims 4
    (to be added later on)

For me the music goes:

How about some decent recognisable classical music and more importantly some jazz. The classical music in TS2 was good particularly the piano music. If we must have a combined TS3 and 4 game then I would like to see some choral music included.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    In a way I don't know if I could handle a full Open World. It might be too big for me.

A lot of the things Sims 4 seems to be missing, in my optinion, is things that just haven't been put in yet. With something like burglars, have you ever considered that they just want to do something different? Free patches always take longer to release anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.