Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHEN WILL BABIES BE ABLE TO MOVE!!

Its been so long and i hate it when infants are jailed in there cribs. When will they get an update????

Comments

• foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    edited August 2018
    Babies are confined to their cribs because Sims are terrible parents.

Very terrible. It’s for their own safety.

8zeSxZ3.png
    (EDIT: link to the image because it didn’t embed properly)

In all seriousness, though, it’s probably just lazy coding. I’ll admit I don’t miss my Sims leaving their babies on the floor in random parts of the house, but to each their own.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    In my old sims game there weren't babies in it im just glad to have them ._.
    Corgis4life
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While it's low on my list of a "Things that I would like to see" in TS4, I still would like to see some improvements to the babies. If they're not 100%, I would like to see an option to teleport the babies between objects (i.e. changing table, highchair, playpen, stroller, etc). That alone would improve babies much better than their current state.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    When I visited townies in TS3 I often saw babies lying on the floor, sometimes outside. I hated that a lot more. I much prefer babies "chained" to their cribs. Babies aren't known for their mobility IRL either.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Infant sims could never move on their own, as far as I know. It was always the adult sims who had to place them in the crib and such. So I'm not really bothered?

In previous games they'd always somehow end up on the floor anyway. It's not like they can crawl around like real babies would. Unfortunate, really.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2018
    I actually prefer the baby as is. It is a nod to the very first The Sims. I researched the other iterations and it seems like in Sims 3, babies looked more neglected by the Sims being left on the ground and such. At least with the way they currently operate, I know where it is. I mod to put new skins (clothing choices) which are switched out when I get bored of the current look. I also have the baby "room-share" with the parent sims, so have no need for all the extra baby furnishings (did that IRL with my own kids too).
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I wish babies were free from the crib. TS2 is a good example of why they shouldn't be game objects. I love the cute interactions your Sims could do with their babies and the babies could do themselves. They were so cute!

They could've added babies "learning to crawl" in TS4. That would've been so cute!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2018
    I hope we'll see an update for babies in 2018.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    I hope we'll see an update for babies in 2018.

yes please
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm seriously hoping they'll expand upon babies in the near future. I've yet to have a baby in the game simply because there is nothing to do with them since they are trapped to their cribs forever. I want to be able to move them around the house and let their siblings interact with them more.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I wouldn't mind babies moving but I don't mind that they're objects either. Toddlers are so detailed that I would immediately age up babies to them anyways. It would be cool to have strollers for both babies and toddlers and take them on walks or to parks that way like in TS3
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    #FreeTheBabies
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    I got hope when one of the guru polled about what stages to improve on, and teens won first and babies was second place, I think.

However, I’m wondering if maybe that was for the mobile game and not the PC game...?

And, yes, I’m Team #FreeTheBabies !!! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    I got hope when one of the guru polled about what stages to improve on, and teens won first and babies was second place, I think.

However, I’m wondering if maybe that was for the mobile game and not the PC game...?

It was for the pc.

I really hope they release a baby update soon™. I wish they'd be like on TS2, because they were the cutest on TS2. (and here's hoping they won't forget to update giving birth at the hospital too for the "new babies").

I want them freed from the crib and I want to be able to take them out of that ugly monkey suit and change their clothing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I think grant himself said that he wanted teens then babies to get an update.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    They want to update teens first so probably nothing for babies until 2020.
  • juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    I just want the babies to be able to be out in the family more. Like they could be placed on a special play mat while everyone is watching tv or such. I don't mind them having to be tied to an object, but give them more objects they could be put on so they aren't hidden in a bed room for days. Let children or even toddlers be able to sit near them on the floor and show them toys or play with them some.

Or even if there was one of those baby carrier seats they could be put in...or if the parents could wear one of the baby slings and still be able to cook or do variety of interactions while carrying the baby around.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    TBH, I prefer they stay stuck in their bassinets. If they're updated I will deal with it, but I'm happy with them just the way they are.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    TBH, I prefer they stay stuck in their bassinets. If they're updated I will deal with it, but I'm happy with them just the way they are.

how come?
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2018

how come?
    I'm not a fan of raising children or family gameplay. I only have them so I don't have to make a new household to continue playing. Babies are easy to deal with as they are, and I prefer they keep it that way. I'm sure they'll eventually get an update since so many people are asking for it and I'll deal with it when it happens, but I really don't need or want it.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
    juliekaye wrote: »
    I just want the babies to be able to be out in the family more. Like they could be placed on a special play mat while everyone is watching tv or such. I don't mind them having to be tied to an object, but give them more objects they could be put on so they aren't hidden in a bed room for days. Let children or even toddlers be able to sit near them on the floor and show them toys or play with them some.

Or even if there was one of those baby carrier seats they could be put in...or if the parents could wear one of the baby slings and still be able to cook or do variety of interactions while carrying the baby around.

Yup, exactly! I just want the babies to be an actual part of the family, and that the family can interact with the babies more (and to notice and acknowledge more the existence of said babies in the first place, lol!). :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    When and IF they ever remake them and rework everything about them. Seeing they were near last on the list people voted on - they apparently voted Elders and teen more important - the answer is probably never at this point.

I don't have a lot of hope.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @ XxJoshuaSimxX ...It seems to me that the baby stage in Sims 4 is fairly useless. I just have both parents care for them and bond for about 1 day, then age them up, as there is a lot of development and interaction in the toddler stage in Sims 4. Better than in the past, too, IMHO.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    SheriGR wrote: »
    @ XxJoshuaSimxX ...It seems to me that the baby stage in Sims 4 is fairly useless. I just have both parents care for them and bond for about 1 day, then age them up, as there is a lot of development and interaction in the toddler stage in Sims 4. Better than in the past, too, IMHO.

Agree the Sims 4 toddlers are amazing. Best ever in the Sims - but I do keep the newborn around long enough for the whole family to bond with it as much as possible before aging up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited September 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    When and IF they ever remake them and rework everything about them. Seeing they were near last on the list people voted on - they apparently voted Elders and teen more important - the answer is probably never at this point.

I don't have a lot of hope.

Well, there are still lots of bugs and some things never changed (like they can’t change current worlds right now, etc), so I wouldn’t be surprised in the end, if Sims 4’s teams just don’t have budget and/or the technology to do major changes to the base game anymore.

If you don’t mind me asking, Which poll was that? I haven’t been on Twitter in a while, so maybe there was a new poll.

In the Twitter poll I personally saw discussing upgrading the stages, Teens were first, and Babies were in second place. Grant even said he would like to upgrade babies if they could.

So was there a new Twitter or official poll after that one I mentioned?

(She/her)