Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We are getting a new feature in "NEAR FUTURE"!

Comments

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    It just feels like the studio is so missmanaged and that they have no clue what they're really doing. I am not hyped and won't be because I have learned that this studio is running out of passion and that is never good.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    It just feels like the studio is so missmanaged and that they have no clue what they're really doing. I am not hyped and won't be because I have learned that this studio is running out of passion and that is never good.

I wish they would spend more time on making Sims more human. TS4 is an improvement on some things, but instead of crazy twists to previous EPs etc., I want to see them go deeper into making Sims more human.

Like adjusting their coat, their collar, removing a sweater, taking off their shoes, walking into a house and putting a sweater on the table or across the arm of a chair. That sort of realism could really bring Sims more to life instead of silly to do lists, and goals. All those little things we do and we don't even notice. We may put our over coat down or just flop it over on the couch or actually hang it on a coat rack. We may move the clutter on the coffee table over with one swipe and set our plates on the table while watching TV. I just wish they would spend more time observing human behavior. And no, I don't talk to every stranger I meet, and neither does anyone else in passing.

ETA: The other day I was watching an old TV show and saw the lady pull her shawl around her as she was walking around thinking about something, that sort of realism matters to me. I wish these Sims could wear a shawl and be aware of it, not just some paper doll, plastered outfit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I wish they would spend more time on making Sims more human. TS4 is an improvement on some things, but instead of crazy twists to previous EPs etc., I want to see them go deeper into making Sims more human.

Like adjusting their coat, their collar, removing a sweater, taking off their shoes, walking into a house and putting a sweater on the table or across the arm of a chair. That sort of realism could really bring Sims more to life instead of silly to do lists, and goals. All those little things we do and we don't even notice. We may put our over coat down or just flop it over on the couch or actually hang it on a coat rack. We may move the clutter on the coffee table over with one swipe and set our plates on the table while watching TV. I just wish they would spend more time observing human behavior. And no, I don't talk to every stranger I meet, and neither does anyone else in passing.

ETA: The other day I was watching an old TV show and saw the lady pull her shawl around her as she was walking around thinking about something, that sort of realism matters to me. I wish these Sims could wear a shawl and be aware of it, not just some paper doll, plastered outfit.

These are some of the things I think about a lot. This is what I mean when I say that the next game HAS to be built on a more modern API like dx11 or dx12 so the game can use as many CPU cores that you have. There would be NO simulation lag on dx11 or dx12 because the more CPU the more advanced the game can be in its simulation. These small details of human behaviour is what is needed to truly make a next gen sims imo not "wierder stories"
  • Noris007Noris007 Posts: 10 New Member
    I hope it’ll be Preteens! A feature like this will make an amazing addition. Besides, they’ll make a nice little substitute for shorter teens. Fingers crossed!
    [quote="auroraael14;c-16684091"]I mean I would love a bunch of things added to the game:
    Better personalities
    tweens
    stairs
    cars
    turn on/offs
    updated babies/teens

I could go on and on. I hope it's actually something people want. :)[/quote]

Yes I agree.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Bleepbloop there’s a sand snowman? Like, you can make a snowman in sand?!

It was a free content patch. It came with a sand-snowman object, a surfing Santa, hanging flip flop lights and a couple of other things. It should be in your buy mode. Use the pack filter and select HOLIDAY and they should show up.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Okay... So I wonder when “near future” is for the devs vs for us, lol. :wink:

*sighs* I hope it’s something a lot of the community have been asking for, or something cool. I would like ocean swimming, updated babies, maybe a color wheel, and better AI.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Hoping for
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Vechiles
    Preteens
    Swim, Surf, Boogie Board in ocean
    Strollers
    It's probably witches though.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm hoping for updated babies. But I am expecting stairs, since they'd been mentioned in tweets.
    [quote="Cabelle1863;c-16684764"]I'm hoping for updated babies. But I am expecting stairs, since they'd been mentioned in tweets.[/quote]

Meh. I doubt it.
    [quote="Briana2425;c-16684747"]Hoping for
    Burglars
    Firemen
    Vechiles
    Preteens
    Swim, Surf, Boogie Board in ocean
    Strollers
    It's probably witches though.[/quote]

I’m leaning more toward the Preteens or NPCs or new life state.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Praying that they'll free the babies from their cribs.
    [quote="ListentoToppDogg;c-16684793"]Praying that they'll free the babies from their cribs.[/quote]

They need to!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    New feature, near future.
    Say that 10 times very quickly.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2018
    I would like to say it would be swimming in bodies of water but that was ruled out long ago though if we get a beach vacation world I'm sure sims will be able to swim in the ocean.

More likely though is create a world or story progression. If it's the latter though I hope it has the same options to control SP like Twallen's Mod in TS3.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I would like to say it would be swimming in bodies of water but that was ruled out long ago though if we get a beach vacation world I'm sure sims will be able to swim in the ocean.

More likely though is create a world or story progression. If it's the latter though I hope it has the same options to control SP like Twallen's Mod in TS3.

Create a world tool would be nice..but if they add story progression I hope its optional, i don't want to see my households I played getting married/divorced or having kids without my permission
    The "small" story progression we have ingame is already kinda annoying, I dont want to play a different household then go back to old household and finding them at a nightclub, like sometimes this ruin stories..
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm hoping it's the ability to sent individual bank accounts to sims, or an attraction system like Sims 2 had.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    I think its a Caribbean island since we just got a Caribbean update.
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member

Hmm. I actually feel like now they have people who are passionate about and enjoy the sims and want to continue releasing things that make it more fun and put a stop to the path they were on. We just need to give them the time needed to get things cruising in the right direction since the team is so small.

This mentioned “feature” might not be a game changer on its own but I bet it’s a move in the right direction.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited August 2018

Hmm. I actually feel like now they have people who are passionate about and enjoy the sims and want to continue releasing things that make it more fun and put a stop to the path they were on. We just need to give them the time needed to get things cruising in the right direction since the team is so small.

This mentioned “feature” might not be a game changer on its own but I bet it’s a move in the right direction.

With absolutely zero information on said feature I don’t see how you can reach that conclusion. For all we know this “feature” could be another trivial inclusion.

Also the people working on the game now, are mostly the same people who have been working on it for years. If they weren’t passionate about it for the last 4 years, then why would that all of a sudden change? If they were passionate about the game they would make it the best it could possibly be, which they have not so far and more than likely will not in the future with their teams being even smaller and more underfunded than before.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Color wheel/ CASt pl0x.
    I was playing TS3 yesterday and I kept messing around with it. So addicting.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I almost (had to remind myself where I am for a minute) can't believe that anyone would speculate over this. It's like telling us the sun is going to come up tomorrow.

This!
  • Ona_SimmerOna_Simmer Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2018
    Their should be milestones in a sim life, for example a sim can have 3 birthdays before aging up. I hope that's the feature their adding in.
    Origin Name : Ona_Simmer

HC9IknO.png

• kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I wasn't able to watch the live stream. So i watched it on twitch after the fact. And at the end when Grant said he had an announcement it was cut off.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wasn't able to watch the live stream. So i watched it on twitch after the fact. And at the end when Grant said he had an announcement it was cut off.

He was trolling. He has done that before