Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifeless and non-interactive sims...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Are they planning on fixing this or is this something we have to live with?

This is exactly my concern given the fact that they already said they wouldn't fix certain bugs... Is this gonna be another bug added to their do not fix list? I hope not! I'll be honest... As much as I love new content, I think the devs need to place a hold on new content and start putting all of their focus on fixing these bugs. If they continue down this path that they are going, it's only gonna get worst and worst. Quality over quantity!
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    I like how they say "time, etc.." in that tweet. Like as if their job isn't to do this kind of thing, it's just a courtesy. Out of the kindness of their hearts, they fix their game. Sometimes. Gimme a break.
    On another note, I don't believe I have encountered this issue as badly as you, OP. Those sims look genuinely stuck and glitchy. I do notice this happening in my homes sometimes, but when I direct them to do something, they will... then again I haven't played Live mode in a few weeks, so maybe I'm forgetting something.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Are they planning on fixing this or is this something we have to live with?

This is exactly my concern given the fact that they already said they wouldn't fix certain bugs... Is this gonna be another bug added to their do not fix list? I hope not! I'll be honest... As much as I love new content, I think the devs need to place a hold on new content and start putting all of their focus on fixing these bugs. If they continue down this path that they are going, it's only gonna get worst and worst. Quality over quantity!

I've said this before. I'd rather time be spent on fixes with game bugs and glitches than new content. I think maybe they need to pause for a minute with the new content and really focus on fixing the game because the several patches after seasons really did a number on a lot of simmers games.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I just read that page they sent us to. Play with smaller houses, reduce what you have in the house, empty inventory, play with less mods, what, are you kidding me? That is just not exceptable. I love my large lots and my houses are not overstuffed to begin with. I have half the mods I used to have since I had to start over. Are they trying to drive us away or what?
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Sims need to introduce themselves before they can talk to each other. Maybe that is where the problem lies. I don't have sims at bars hitting on my sims with the flirty introduction anymore. So there probably just standing around because they don't know each other.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @catitude5 Exactly - we are always being told - just don't use the buggy stuff/features. In other words - just don't use the stuff/features you paid for. I have never had any other game either that I have to constantly repair or reset the folders - it takes forever to repair if you have all the packs. I have also heard many times that sims 4 was meant to be able to be played on low end computers which is why we are often told a lot of features cannot be implemented - yet we hear all the time too that is must be our computers causing the problems! Sigh.

@MzPigglyPooh I too wish they would just focus on actually fixing this game first before they release something else that will add even more bugs.

Had something happen last night in my sims game - sims kept talking in the pirate voice for a while the next day after pirate day - I think this is related to what causes the freezing and things out of sync - it is like something in the programming gets stuck in the memory so the sims often can't move on to the next programmed step until the previous programming is cleared. When you exit and clear the cache and restart - it seems to clear up the some of the issues for a little while because the memory got cleared. I am no programmer but that is the best way I can describe what seem to be happening.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I haven't seen this issue yet in my game. Sims still seen pretty sociable at bars, clubs, parties and festivals. At coffee shops sims have always acted kinda awkward, I think the queue system for ordering coffees and pastries is glitchy. At restaurants, I have noticed that sims talk less, but most of the time there's music in the background playing, so I don't notice it. The videos you posted look more serious. I hope this doesn't get worse. One of the most interesting things about the Sims 4 was how dynamic and lively the sims would act in social situations, but this bug could ruin that :'( Hope the gurus can fix this
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The thing is, they spent all this effort for a new gallery, what we got is a gallery that doesn't work and a brand new bug that they probably won't fix.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    And now I finally notice the issue with people simply not interacting with each other in the background anymore. It's the worst at restaurants bc all they do is simply sit across from each other and say nothing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I am glad that they fixed the blurry screenshot bug so that I can at least play now. However, as of the August 16th 2018 patch and as shown below in the video I uploaded today, the sims in the background are still not interacting with each other and don't seem to be doing nothing but mindlessly drifting off... GURUS AND DEVS please give us a sign that you are looking into this issue. This bug was introduced into the game with that patch just before Seasons, and it's totally ruining the game... Also, can you please fix the teleporting sims bug too.

https://youtu.be/IHtEHKt5dDs
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I am really happy to see that more and more people are starting to question their priorities because I think they are treating us like s.h.i.t tbh. This is something I truly believe will stay unfixed because they seem to think that they can always blame everything on mods even when players like myself have nothing but trouble with this game and I never mod my games. The sims needs a new, more talented and capable studio and the franchise deserves better treatment than this low budget treatment it is given now.
  • Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Omg I need this bug fixed so bad. It hurts my game play so bad. How do you make an essential part of the game to be “social” but then have a bug where the sims won’t socialize?

I was REALLY hoping this bug would be fixed in this patch. Like. I was WAITING for it. And it hasn’t been yet and I’m upset. Like I can’t be happy with the new stuff, cause when I go into live mode, it’s not lively.
  • Options
    chiastallonchiastallon Posts: 5 New Member
    OMG yes big time. I can't stand it anymore, they don't socialize, dance, nothing just stand there looking stupid. My sim was at a club gathering and i wanted to see how long it would take before someone moved, well 3 sim days past and they were all still standing there doing nothing...After the August Patch it hasn't changed but now my vampire sim can't drink bar drinks it says your sim doesn't want to drink that, the big dream on the basketball hoop that is all they do once again they don't exercise just go to the hoop and dream big...I tell my sim to do something and 5 hours later there still standing there just staring into thin air, my child missed school because she just stood there and by the time she moved to go to school it was over. The list goes on and on the lag is so bad i just get frustrated and don't play....I pulled all my mods out cleaned out my cache, repaired my game all the other things they tell you to do and started a vanilla game with no mods and it's the same thing i played for 3 weeks straight,so it's not a mod problem it's the game and things not being fix. I started playing my sims3 game because it works great because they can't screw it up anymore. I love playing my sims, i love sims4 but with all the problems not being fix it is really unplayable....
  • Options
    PerfectSorrowPerfectSorrow Posts: 58 Member
    Not sure if it’s related or different, but I’ve noticed that community lots brought in from gallery, or that I’ve built in game have almost no public traffic anymore. The ones that came with the game seem to be fine for the amount of patrons, but not custom lots. Is this a newer thing? (I’ve only had the game about a month, so I’m not sure if it’s just how it is or if this has changed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • Options
    buhlynnduhbuhlynnduh Posts: 90 Member
    Just want to keep this bumped cause it’s important.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited August 2018
    I suspect this has something to do with the idle animations too, just like sims stuck doing nothing for in game hours. I noticed that they drop the conversation if an idle animation is waiting to be played, it's worse if the sim is in a flirty or energized mood. In my game, public spaces in san myshuno are not affected by the bug, community lots are.

Looking at your video, it's clear that the stuck sims are the barman and the blond lady.. I bet if you reset those two a couple of times, they have 3 idles to play. It happens a lot in my game, with sinks. The autonomous "wash hands" interaction after using the toilette overlaps with a buff idle. I bet it's what's happening with the barman... When this happen, all the other sims on the lot gets stuck.
    Post edited by SiliClone on
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Looking at your video, it's clear that the stuck sims are the barman and the blond lady.. I bet if you reset those two a couple of times, they have 3 idles to play. It happens a lot in my game, with sinks. The autonomous "wash hands" interaction after using the toilette overlaps with a buff idle. I bet it's what's happening with the barman... When this happen, all the other sims on the lot gets stuck.

Whatever the problem is, it's happening everywhere. I tried a restaurant and the background sims just sit there mindless, no communication... I did a pub and they all just stared at the TV like a bunch of zombies, no communication... It wasn't like this before that patch before Seasons was released, and that's for sure. I think this issue goes beyond just a simple reset and stuck sims. Whatever it is, the Gurus/Devs need to really look at this because this is a serious bug that just cannot go ignored.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I hope they do, meanwhile I'm working on a fix.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I hope they do, meanwhile I'm working on a fix.

A fix? What? How? Tell please is it a mod?