Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Option to EXCLUDE trait in clubs

I really REALLY want an option not only to say "you have to be good", but to say "You CANNOT be evil" when creating a club, for example. So ANYONE can join EXCEPT lazy people, or everyone can join except people who are loners.
You get the idea.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Yes, I have wanted that sometimes.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Absolutely. I'd also like more OR options, along with aspiration requirements. So, you could have a club that could include someone in the criminal career OR with a deviant aspiration OR with the evil trait, but NOT with the good trait, in case there's sims with the criminal career or deviant aspiration who happen to have the good trait (which can happen).
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Exactly.
    Just the day before yesterday I caught myself again wanting to define a club with a negative: In this case it was "Not Vampire".
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I really REALLY want an option not only to say "you have to be good", but to say "You CANNOT be evil" when creating a club, for example. So ANYONE can join EXCEPT lazy people, or everyone can join except people who are loners.
    You get the idea.

I also looked for that sometimes... Idk why they didnt added that option, but i hope it can be patched.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes, please!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'd also like more OR options, along with aspiration requirements. So, you could have a club that could include someone in the criminal career OR with a deviant aspiration OR with the evil trait, but NOT with the good trait, in case there's sims with the criminal career or deviant aspiration who happen to have the good trait (which can happen).

I also want OR options desperately. For example, I was thinking about starting a club with musicians to jam together, so I'd want the requirements to be "piano skill OR guitar skill OR singing skill" because not everyone who play music has the music trait so that one wouldn't work. Or for example a club for vampires OR sims with the vampire lore skill (who want to be turned). Or sims who are creative OR have painting skill, so I can easily get them all in the same club together.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    It would be good to have Snobby OR Materialistic for certain types of clubs too. A gender filter would also be ideal. Also, it's annoying that you can't filter romantic relationships into clubs other than married/not married.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Exactly.
    Just the day before yesterday I caught myself again wanting to define a club with a negative: In this case it was "Not Vampire".

Yep, ran into this one when I intended to make a vampire slayer club.

Alternately, making an option of having them "be nice/mean to [trait]" would be great too!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

I also want OR options desperately. For example, I was thinking about starting a club with musicians to jam together, so I'd want the requirements to be "piano skill OR guitar skill OR singing skill" because not everyone who play music has the music trait so that one wouldn't work. Or for example a club for vampires OR sims with the vampire lore skill (who want to be turned). Or sims who are creative OR have painting skill, so I can easily get them all in the same club together.

Well, you can have OR options if they're in the same category, so you CAN make a club where it requires piano or guitar or singing skill. What you CAN'T do is make a club requiring piano skill OR the creative trait OR the entertainer profession, because those are in different categories. You can only make a club that requires piano skill AND the creative trait, for instance, which you MIGHT want, but it might also be too limiting.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    This is one of those ideas that makes me think, "Huh, why didn't they think of that when they made the pack?" That would be great to add.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member

Well, you can have OR options if they're in the same category, so you CAN make a club where it requires piano or guitar or singing skill. What you CAN'T do is make a club requiring piano skill OR the creative trait OR the entertainer profession, because those are in different categories. You can only make a club that requires piano skill AND the creative trait, for instance, which you MIGHT want, but it might also be too limiting.

Ohh thanks! For some reason I picked up on the forum that choosing multiples *traits* will have the game treat it as OR, but not for other kinds of requirements.

-OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I didn't know it was an either/or situation with trait requirements. Just managed to implement that in my game now. :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I mean some of these are fairly basic. A very very "duh" one is a fitness or yoga club with "NOT LAZY" on it.
    Or the other way around: a "snacks and TV club" with "Not active" or "not neat".
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That would be great!
    I keep wishing they will add more stuff and tweak the club system around with time. It is such a great feature that could be expanded so much!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.