March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base-game only Homes

JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
I'm just curious if people find that these kinds of homes are more in demand than homes made with extra packs and expansions. I understand that not everyone has all the packs, but how many people really play with only the base game? The reason I ask is because I am currently creating a project to make a Newcrest full of matching starter homes and I'm wondering if I should mix and match houses with certain expansion themes. There is definitely some challenge to using only the base-game items, but at the same time somewhat limiting in the kinds of architecture you can emulate.

Comments

• KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I have less than 100 followers so I might not be the best to speak of this, but I've noticed that when I build a base game only build, I get over 100 downloads per house. When I use different packs, I get less. Just my opinion, but I think the less packs, the better, or at least confined to the big ones, like Cats & Dogs and Seasons.
  • JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    @Kelleygirl Are those base-game only builds starter homes or expensive homes? Yea, I am thinking about limiting myself to using only a few expansions per build as a way to generate creativity. Recently, I made a home only using base-game, Get Together, and Vampires which kind of led me to thinking of using less packs. But there are a lot of popular base-game only builds and so I started to wonder if more people didn't have any packs at all than some.

In my experience, it seems that I get way more downloads the cheaper the builds. I think once you have a solid following--I'm just starting out myself--more of your expensive/heavy packs homes will get appreciated. Just a theory though.