Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling fans?

I have been thinking whilst building restaurants lately that it would be awesome to have ceiling fan lights since now we have summer to deal with. Personally, I love them, and I think they'd bring extra life into our houses/businesses! Plus, maybe having a cooling aspect involved so we don't have our weekly bills skyrocket from $10k to over $70k!!!

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes I would love ceiling fan with a chance of being crushed to death lol but it will be a cooling system in the hot summer days.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes I would love ceiling fan with a chance of being crushed to death lol but it will be a cooling system in the hot summer days.

Lol I can totally see a sim being crushed to death by one of those :D
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I think this is an item that would be a perfect addition to a beach holiday/island living pack.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    D: I didn't really want there to be hazards involved, just a poor-man's way of cooling off/getting light at the same time. There could of course be different styles, as there are IRL.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to see a ceiling fan seems like something easy they could do with the tech used on the spinning object from Backyard Stuff.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    While I'd definitely love to see ceiling fans added to the game, I don't see ow it might reduce bills to be honest (as in real life, they use electricity to function which could actually add to the utility bill in running them--the same principle as if one were to use or run various types of air conditioning).

Also, regarding the death angle, while falling and potentially hitting/killing sims could be a possibility with them, I know someone who came close to almost being decapitated by one once (fortunately, they got out of the way and out of the room as soon as the blades started flying off as it came apart. They were physically unharmed, but remain terrified now of ceiling fans as a result of that incident and could see a potential fear among sims forming of something like that happening).
  • Options
    Well, a fan is for sure less of an electricity suck than an air conditioner, but I just think it would be a nice addition, especially for kitchens and restaurants and gyms.
    Also that story is terrifying. D:
  • Options
    indi_geckoindi_gecko Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe they could give white noise moodlets - similar to the ones kids get when sleeping with a night light.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    There is supposed to have been a ceiling fan in today's update. I have scoured my items and can't find one. Where is it?
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I typed "fan" in search bar then it was there.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Misc/Decor
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Thank you! Found it!
  • Options
  • Options
    It's not cool to finally have ceiling fans that don't keep sims cool.
  • Options
    In TS2 they were decorative. I'm fine with this.
  • Options

In TS2 weather didn't kill our sims so easily (if at all). Fans and radiators need to fan and radiate.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

In TS2 weather didn't kill our sims so easily (if at all). Fans and radiators need to fan and radiate.

I agree. I don't want to use the thermostat in all my houses, so I need more ways to keep my sims from overheating/freezing while indoors.
  • Options
    I haven't had anyone die from weather yet, so again, I'm fine with a decorative fan. The only thing that bothers me is how it looks--I didn't really want a tiki fan for just a regular house.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I haven't had anyone die from weather yet, so again, I'm fine with a decorative fan. The only thing that bothers me is how it looks--I didn't really want a tiki fan for just a regular house.

They should really do a modern, plain ceiling fan, even if it's in a payed pack. Preferably in the next pack.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    They said that they’re going to add more fans into future packs :)
  • Options
    I figured they wouldn't stop with just one! hehe
  • Options
    indi_geckoindi_gecko Posts: 15 Member
    I feel like this thread is going in circles. Anyways, I'm a big fan of the gurus right now for the new clothing and stuff.
  • Options
    KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2018
    @indi_gecko lmao ‘big fan’ good one :D