Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite moments with toddlers?

AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
It is a truth universally acknowledged that toddlers are the cutest lifestage in the sims ever. :p

They also have the cutest interactions and can have a lot of funny moments during gameplay.
My favorite moment in my game is when the demented looking adorable alien hybrid toddler Orion discovered his baby powers when he was in the newly-installed high chair in the kitchen.

He didn’t know what to do when he was in the chair at first...
tumblr_inline_pb0m9vE3pu1vhkp6x_540.jpg
Then he realized that a high chair meant food.

Evilness ensued.
tumblr_inline_pb0maaHUGr1vhkp6x_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_pb0m9p1OD11vhkp6x_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_pb0mdarXw01vhkp6x_540.jpg

Needless to say, evil baby powers worked.
tumblr_inline_pb0mevAjTZ1vhkp6x_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_pb0mdsSImR1vhkp6x_540.jpg
Orion: This sustenance pleases me. Most excellent.

What are your favorite toddler moments? :)
Post edited by Amphora on

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I totally love babies, toddler, kids and teens. But toddlers are special.

Little vampire toddler Jessie, enjoying his ride on the cowplant in the snow.
    21376824552_f159dae70a_b.jpg

Laughing with Daddy.
    21199783108_29057fef7c_b.jpg

Showing off fangs.
    20764943044_4cac9e8bc5_b.jpg

Relaxing with stepmom. His birth mother is Elvira from Bridgeport.
    20766561383_61d0293955_b.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I recently installed the store playpen, and of course it's adorable how much fun the toddlers have playing in it.

Here's Tyler, looking like he's just noticed his own reflection for the first time.
    LyZ5n3R.jpg

I guess he likes what he sees.
    CvpxpKL.jpg

His parents were working outside, so he joined them for the afternoon and went straight for the abacus. Look at the concentration on his face.
    WuQvmcU.jpg

Only a toddler, and already he's working on his particle physics. (We might need to have a talk about orbitals, though.)
    1OUhvEK.jpg

By the way, for anyone who hasn't seen it, the parents get a special "proud parent" moodlet when they see their kid learning in the playpen. Apparently, they're both convinced the gifted genes come from their side.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Amphora

I adore babies to teens and all the many stages they go through, I like the fact we can clothe our babies in real clothes with hair (via CC obviously) and talk them for a walk or out with their parents generally.. :)

ncPezBD.jpg

2 sets of twins :)

gs9Pf9c.jpg

when they age up into children they sure love dancing wanting to become stars :)

RFTl4gN.jpg

and singing whenever they can under the watchful eye of their teen brothers :)

08lr7y9.jpg

I love it when they don't want to end the ride :)

sHqvovV.jpg

another set of twins playing together I think this action is so cute :)

RnEgDlo.jpg

I love the splash in the ocean animation

nUS2xi1.jpg

and finally the teen brothers get to have a go :)

fJyJZ7A.jpg
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I totally love babies, toddler, kids and teens. But toddlers are special.

Showing off fangs.
    That vampire baby is freaking adorable! LOVE his widdle fangs <3
    I have a soft spot for little supernatural babies. Lol

I recently installed the store playpen, and of course it's adorable how much fun the toddlers have playing in it.

Here's Tyler, looking like he's just noticed his own reflection for the first time. I guess he likes what he sees.
    CvpxpKL.jpg
    Gah I absolutely love the playpen. Your little guy is so cute!

Last time I had a toddler using it was little Benji here from my legacy save.
    tumblr_inline_pcw2s3hMyf1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    He was going to be my sixth generation heir but sadly he died from drowning as a child, so my legacy has been stuck for a while.

SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Amphora

I adore babies to teens and all the many stages they go through, I like the fact we can clothe our babies in real clothes with hair (via CC obviously) and talk them for a walk or out with their parents generally.. :)

ncPezBD.jpg
    SO CUTE!!

I finally installed the mod that allows dressing babies up so whenever I get my legacy family going again I’ll for sure have to get shopping for baby CC.

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2018
    edited August 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I love all the toddler skilling interactions :)
    Agreed!
    It never gets old watching the toddlers learning. So dang cute.

Also, seriously adorable pics <3
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Showing off fangs.
    This one looks just like my little nephew at suppertime. Such a happy child. Of course, he's actually 17 now but let's not talk about that or if his table manners have improved. And he did need braces (twice), that bit runs in the family. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @Amphora

I just love changing my babies from burritos to arm waving little ones-)

I just wanted to let you know after using baby hair, clothes, accessories, and jewelry that the most trouble free CC I have ever used is from the link below.. I have tried other CC but went through a spate of glitches however in 2018 there may be more I have not noticed but just thought maybe if you are going to try it for the first time I can at least make you aware using CC from this site has never caused me any problems so far :)

http://quiannasims.blogspot.com/
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    edited August 2018
    I am trying to use my phone to post an image for the first time here so I am not sure if this will work.

Edit: well it obviously did't. Anyone care to help me out here?
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Hi @MKSizzle

well I thought I would have a little search with regards your question as I am clueless about that too and the only info I can find is if you search you tube with "How to upload a picture to the forums from a Smart Phone" as I could find nothing info wise specifically in text.. I don't know if it will help I hope it does but if not I am sure someone far my techie than me will be able to whizz out the right info for you :)
    @MKSizzle sorry, my phone is smarter than me, but I don't use it for web stuff.
    A couple more pics of Finnian. This time with his first solid meal :)
    41800958490_360bd9f669_o.jpg
    42704222315_f96f54e3cd_o.jpg
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited August 2018
    @MKSizzle This forum uses BBCode. To upload an image, you first put it on an image-hosting site (like imgur, which I use), then copy the URL. To attach the image to your post, you need to manually type in [ img ] (without the spaces), then paste the picture URL, then type [ /img ] (again, without spaces), so it will look like this:

[ img ]<picture URL>[ /img ]

Hope I helped!

Aaaanyway...

Toddlers are cute, right? And dogs are cute too, right? So what happens when you combine the two? :)
    ZFybd8Y.jpg

Poor Vincent receives an unwanted shower, courtesy of Phoenix:
    jHvXEYV.jpg

I think I'll let this one speak for itself :)
    0FkfYBA.jpg

Cherish these tender moments while they last...
    n4zde1w.jpg

...Because they're over all too soon.
    lM0Y8Lo.jpg
    edited August 2018
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Amphora

I just love changing my babies from burritos to arm waving little ones-)

I just wanted to let you know after using baby hair, clothes, accessories, and jewelry that the most trouble free CC I have ever used is from the link below.. I have tried other CC but went through a spate of glitches however in 2018 there may be more I have not noticed but just thought maybe if you are going to try it for the first time I can at least make you aware using CC from this site has never caused me any problems so far :)

http://quiannasims.blogspot.com/
    That’ll definitely come in use. Thanks!

MKSizzle wrote: »
    I am trying to use my phone to post an image for the first time here so I am not sure if this will work.

Edit: well it obviously did't. Anyone care to help me out here?
    I do a majority of my posting from both my iPad and phone (too lazy to get my laptop :p) so I’ll just tell you what I do to post pics:

First, you have to have your pics on a hosting site or from wherever you store them online. After that, you go to the pic and you press on the picture for a bit.

A few options will pop up.

Choose either “Open Image” or “Open Image in New Tab”, which will lead you immediately to the page with only the image on it. Go to the link at the top of the page and copy it. Since you have the link just plug it into the image thing that we have here and that’s it!

Or just go to the pic and after pressing on it after a while you choose “Copy Link URL” and plug it in. Although sometimes that doesn’t work, so more often than not I just do the open image thing.

Also, this tip is given assuming that you have an iPhone. I used to have a Android phone so if I remember right this should work with that too. Had to upgrade my Android because I dropped it too many times.

and that includes it being dropped in a cat box. Don’t ask. :D

@Mikezumi
    Aww, little Finnian is adorable! You’ve seen the results of the first time my recent simmie toddler Orion was in a high chair. Little guy was born with the traits Evil and Genius so he enjoys making a ruckus rather than being cute :D

@TinySpaceFox
    Adorable toddlers!! Their interactions are always a joy to watch :)
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Ok Thank you @TinySpaceFox and @Amphora for your assistance. I am now on my laptop anyway, but I will remember that in the future!

Now for the toddler pictures that I love...

Here is little Ben. I love when toddlers look at you when they are in their cribs. So adorable.

OeWjlCg.jpg

Riley hiding in the toy chest. Also one of my favorite things that toddlers do.

2HVrbic.jpg

Ian was such a cute toddler, and I am soooo glad I figured out how to get rid of those eyebrows! The horror! LOL

OTwaD7C.jpg
    DYMJPKn.jpg

Ben's first jam session with Sebastian. :)

FuANrba.jpg

And then just Sebastian trying it out on his own.

QOsn7Il.jpg

And the first time Sebastian and Colin hung out.

FZEjfIc.jpg

Sebastian again. (What did I tell you about those darned crib pictures? ;))

rim6szZ.jpg

Ugh am I over-doing it? I have so many more I love. Ok ok just a few more, I swear...

Colin learning to talk

Bh2VW7S.jpg

And, I couldn't make a toddler post without showing the all too popular eating in the high chair pic. ;)

fLVS1xI.jpg

And then there was Adelyn...

F2IetBq.jpg
    INUtbz0.jpg

Ok, I am done.......for now. Hahaha. No, I swear, I am.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    such cute toddlers here :) I gotta say my all time favorite animations come from the high chair.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    That's... that's not... you really shouldn't swim with a toddler like that:
    DS1Zf7x.jpg
    Ok this is better:
    4npcBOa.jpg
    Alright so I think playing in the water with a toddler is pretty h*cking cute:
    4bNNipt.jpg
    giphy.gif

MKSizzle wrote: »
    Ok Thank you @TinySpaceFox and @Amphora for your assistance. I am now on my laptop anyway, but I will remember that in the future!

Riley hiding in the toy chest. Also one of my favorite things that toddlers do.
    2HVrbic.jpg
    No prob!
    Toddlers hiding in the toy box is one of my favorite interactions of theirs. They look so adorable when doing so <3

SimplyJen wrote: »
    such cute toddlers here :) I gotta say my all time favorite animations come from the high chair.
    Agreed! Another favorite of mine would have to be the baby swing.

Not that Orion likes it...
    tumblr_p9td0yClZu1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_p9td0bDgcE1vhkp6x_1280.jpg
    :D

@KATENESS
    LOL I love glitches like that.
    Can’t remember the last time I’ve done that playing in water interaction. It’s one of my favorites, and one of the main reasons I bought Island Paradise.

Last time any of my simmie toddlers had anything to do with that type of interaction was when Orion attempted to play in one of his sibling’s pee puddles.
    tumblr_inline_p9q9nfGTGr1vhkp6x_1280.jpg
    I love that demented looking child :D
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Getting peed on by toddler while changing his diaper... (oh...sorry...this thread isn't about real life). :D

TonightsTheNight.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    lol the line up at the baby swing... :D it's a love/hate relationship for me.

alrighty here I go spamming screenshots
    I'll admit, sometimes I make my sims overfeed the toddler just to see this animation:
    tumblr_p9ff0wtqSx1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    Cains older sister, Charlie, matching outfits with their father, Poncho.
    tumblr_p8qsjkInA91ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_p8qvaeWc1k1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    Gotta love mods :DReminds me of the same interaction in TS2.
    tumblr_p48griojeo1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    Gen 5 had some pretty cute toddlers! (and grumpy)
    tumblr_oz0uapWNPd1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oz0jh9cSJD1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oz0jduB6lS1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    lol this one makes me laugh everytime
    tumblr_ow1mbjsGzP1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    Gen 3... probably one of the cutest toddlers
    tumblr_ov0qaaroSi1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_ov0q3rOEFe1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_ov4h05Szx11ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    LOL I came close to that experience but thank goodness the crisis was averted thanks to a handy washcloth :p

@SimplyJen
    Adorable pics. <3
    I need to go through the bowels of my photobucket and see if I can find the toddlers from my legacy family as well!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    My youngest is now eight and she's outgrown the diaper stage by a long time now. And it's been quite a while since I've changed a diaper. I guess the next set that I'll be doing is my grandchildren; but hopefully that's still a long ways away. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    As cute as toddlers are, I am never sorry when it's time for them to grow up and I adore the aging up animation for toddlers :smile:
    42341374081_550be62192_o.jpg
    42341373261_aa936b4eb2_o.jpg
    41439565575_e312f5aee8_o.jpg
    edited August 2018
    This little one I discovered in the deep dark bowels of my photobucket account.
    Screenshot-21_zps6ab56a69.jpg

Screenshot-22_zps91af75bd.jpg
    If I remember right I think she was the daughter of George Dean from Riverview and a spare from generation 3 in my legacy.

@Mikezumi
    I also found some pics of one of my long ago toddlers from an old legacy aging up.

Except he’s, uh, kinda a bit less cute than yours :D
    Screenshot-5-65.jpg

Screenshot-126.jpg

Screenshot-2-90.jpg

Screenshot-3-82.jpg
    I love the little cross eyed toddlers. Most of mine do that. :) He's adorable.