Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 SIMtastic Gift Exchange 2018- Let the gifting Begin!

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
34o3rk4.jpg

Hello! and welcome to the Sims 4 gift exchange, if your returning welcome back.

For those of you who are new this is an event that I use to participate in during my sims 3 days and I decided to bring it to the sims 4. It's Basically a secret Santa, I’ll give you a name (only you and I should know it) and you shouldn’t tell anyone else your name.

This is for Sims 4 only and is CC free (well should be since CC doesn’t transfer in sims 4)

We will use the pm system to communicate when it concerns questions about your buddy gifts. However, you can post some sneak peeks if you’d like or if you’re having a major issue that you need help finding a solution to you can ask for help on the main thread.

Rules:
1. Please don’t sign up if you can’t follow through
2. You can make as many gifts as you want
3. When gifting starts please make a separate thread if you have a lot of photos and post in main thread to let host know when you add a gift (makes it easier to organize the gift section).
4. Everyone should get a gift so please let me know ASAP if anything comes up that may keep you from working on this so arrangements can be made so we can make sure your buddy gets something.
Ex of this would be…you sign up and halfway through a major life event happens (you don’t have to give details just say something important in IRL came up) totally unexpected. So I’ll thank you for the heads up and figure something out so your buddy gets something. (If you have something started but not finished we could also work with that)
5. Have Fun!
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited August 2018
    289if0j.jpg

Sign-ups: Thur. Aug, 16th- Sun. Sept 2nd

Sign-ups will close @6pm EST on Sept 2nd

Buddy names: Everyone should have a buddy name by Monday, Sept 3rd @6pm EST, names will be sent via pm

Check-in One: Tues, Sept 4th
    This is just to let me know you got your buddy name, if you did not get one please let me know.

Check-in Two: Sun. Sept, 16th
    This is a general check-in just to let me know how you are getting along. If you foresee any issues or complications that might keep you from working on gifts this is when to tell me. General questions can be asked in thread but buddy specific ones should be pm’d to me.

Check-in Three: Sun. Oct, 14th
    Your gift should be done or just needing a couple of touch-ups or screen shots taken.

Warning: If you miss a check-in and don’t let me know beforehand, or don’t get a hold of me the day after so I know what is going on you may not be allowed to participate in the next exchange if there is another.

Gifting will begin Sun. Oct, 28th - Sun, Nov 4th
    edited August 2018
    Buddy Letter: This is just to give your buddy a bit of information about yourself and game-play style, it’s like a guide line for your buddy.

Username/Gallery Name:

I have the following Packs:

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I dislike these colors:

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them):

I enjoy this style of build most:

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size):

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not):

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires:

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills?

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself?

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above):
    edited September 2018
    edited October 2018
    Gifts:

To: ADWilson
    Gift

To: AIRIS6962
    Gift 1
    Gift 4
    Gift 2
    Gift 3

To: Charliimai
    Gift Thread

To: FaithofKaela
    Gift Thread

To: friendsfan367
    Gift 1
    Gift 2

To: illusie
    Gifts

To: MsPrissy88
    Gift

To: Rostri-Jodu
    Gift

To: withlovejulien
    Gift 1&2
    Gift 3
    Gift 4&5

To: The Community
    Millbarn wedding venue

From Me to You

To: cmbaker16
    Bianca Acevedo

Autumn Monroe
    and one more for good measure
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you are hosting another gift exchange! :) I hope that all simmers who take part in it will enjoy creating their gifts :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hooray!! This will be an interesting "experiment" since I haven't built in 4, lol, but I'm ready for the challenge.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hiya @cmbaker16!!! Count me IN!!!

I think I’m getting to that point where playing the few challenges I do are getting boring again. I will be back later to post my letter. B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Hooray!! This will be an interesting "experiment" since I haven't built in 4, lol, but I'm ready for the challenge.

i will be there if you need assistance thanks for joining
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

I think I’m getting to that point where playing the few challenges I do are getting boring again. I will be back later to post my letter. B)

I know that feeling the few i play are getting boring for me too but only because my sims are getting too rich lol need to add somethings for money deductions i think. good to see you, hopefully the sims 4 gift exchange will be just as much fun for you as the sims 3 one is :)
    cmbaker16 wrote: »

I know that feeling the few i play are getting boring for me too but only because my sims are getting too rich lol need to add somethings for money deductions i think. good to see you, hopefully the sims 4 gift exchange will be just as much fun for you as the sims 3 one is :)

Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks this. I don't have the "getting too rich" problem like you, but the 3 challenges I play all start out the same. NO MONEY. **yawns** And ever since Seasons came out, there's only so much you can harvest, without starving to death.

But! Ever since the Sims 4 came out, I have been waiting for a gift exchange with it!! So, this is SOOOO perfect for me! I haven't opened up 3 - really - since last year. I tried playing it a few months ago... That didn't work. I was bored within seconds of it loading. (oh well)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited August 2018

You'll be fine, Addy. And I can always help you, too. IF you want me to. ;)

I should add, that IF you wanted to use a floor plan, there were times when I had a little trouble in 4. It's not that it can't be done, it just takes a little more tweaking. BUT!! At least if you make a mistake, you don't have to demolish the whole thing. (like we had to in 3) Oh!!! And ROOFING will be a whole lot easier to do.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

You'll be fine, Addy. And I can always help you, too. IF you want me to. ;)

I should add, that IF you wanted to use a floor plan, there were times when I had a little trouble in 4. It's not that it can't be done, it just takes a little more tweaking. BUT!! At least if you make a mistake, you don't have to demolish the whole thing. (like we had to in 3) Oh!!! And ROOFING will be a whole lot easier to do.

Yes building is alot easier in 4 than in 3 cause if you do build something and it's not how you want but you like the rooms you've decorated you can save the rooms or move individual rooms around as you like until the home looks as you'd want. it's really easy and we're always here to answer any questions
    edited August 2018
    HELLO AGAIN!!!!

I shall get the ball rolling by entering MY letter …

Username/Gallery Name: MsPrissySim

I have the following Packs: EVERYTHING

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: Depends on WHICH challenge I am playing at the moment

Some of my favorite colors are: Since we are (very) limited in the Sims 4, there really isn't much of a choice. However ... these are what I prefer -- the PASTEL colors. ((you'll find pastel colors in the wall coverings)) Otherwise, anything neutral.

I dislike these colors: Anything DARK. Unless you're using a dark color like say, for the outside of the house

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them): I love using the counter (and island) that go WITH the Jungle Adventure pack. Although they didn't come WITH the pack, we got it in a patch. (if that makes sense))

I enjoy this style of build most: Victorian, Craftsman, Traditional .... I would be interested in seeing how you would make a modern-style home as well.

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size): With having the empty world of Newcrest, there are different size lots to choose from! You could also try your hand on one of the SMALLER lots in Oasis Springs (the desert) or Willow Creek. Those worlds have 20 by 15 lots that you could play around with.

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not): NO. I do not like these kinds of sims.

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires: NO to these as well. I never did play them.

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills? NO

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself? NO SIMS PLEASE. I have a fair few already in my gallery.

Other (Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above): Although I already have a fair amount of houses in my own gallery, (some of those were built for some of the challenges I play), I would love to see what YOU come up with!! And rest assure … your house(s) WILL BE plopped down and played in!!

**see... i want to try and make over EVERY world. will i succeed? i have no idea.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Hello @MsPrissy88
    You can delete homes and venues from the community section of the gallery or from your library. To remove the uploaded lot from the community section of the gallery, press the little cloud symbol. To delete items from your library, press the rubbish bin symbol.
    @MsPrissy88 the first letter has been added to the list :D this is exciting!! :)
    edited August 2018
    I wonder if there'll be some returnee from last year or if we'll have any more come over from sims 3 :D
    edited August 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @MsPrissy88
    You can delete homes and venues from the community section of the gallery or from your library. To remove the uploaded lot from the community section of the gallery, press the little cloud symbol. To delete items from your library, press the rubbish bin symbol.

I KNOW ALL THIS --- it doesn't always work. A LOT of my cr..Ap is still on the gallery, that I want gone.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @MsPrissy88

I KNOW ALL THIS --- it doesn't always work. A LOT of my plum is still on the gallery, that I want gone.

If the items are still in your library, you can remove the files of the creations out of your tray folder, and then they won’t be in your library.
    edited August 2018
    still no new letters? don't be shy we won't bite and i'm sure you'll have fun.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello, everyone :)
    Slowly working on my letter and hoping to get it posted this week!
  • aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    I would love to take part but I'm going to be working a lot of overtime for the next few weeks then going on trip so I don't have the time to dedicate to it now.
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
    @aabroady well thanks for considering, enjoy your trip and maybe you can join next time
    edited August 2018
    Just tagging some of last years participants to see if any of them would be interested,

@LadyEmillye, @reanseih, @friendsfan367, @Charliimai, @withlovejulien

would love it if you guys could join again.