Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thermostat

So I am now in the first week of winter. I turned the thermostat on high and the sims are STILL cold and yet the weather details in the calendar don't specify freezing weather. Is this normal? It's a little weird seeing my sims walking around the house in their winter coats when I know for a fact the thermostat is on.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I never explored the thermostat, but there have bee several situations where my sims behave wrong according to the current weather. Like getting the notice that sim xx is freezing to death while it's just chilly outside, or even warm/mild. I think there is a problem that when entering a new house, the sim might react to old weather data, not what is actually on at the time.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    No, it is not normal. You might make them change clothes when inside. At least some of my sims get a happy mood when getting into a home when the heat is on while it is cold outside.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I would try repairing the game and see if that helps. Normally a thermostat set to warm should give them a positive moodlet :) also make sure they're not wearing their hot weather outfits.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Thanks, I'll try repairing the game next time I start it up.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    If sims go outside they don't remove their cold weather gear when they are back inside. You must do that manually
    That's a shame, but thanks for letting me know.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have to say I have been experiencing issues with the thermostat since this last patch. I have the thermostat set to cool and my sims are still getting hot in the house. Can more people check and see if you are having the issue as well before I report it?

EDIT: In testing further it seems like it is happening when they are wearing the athletic gear. I hope they didn't make them warm to keep people from freezing instead of making them immune all to cold and hot.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Did it work @Mariefoxprice83? :/
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Did it work @Mariefoxprice83? :/

I don't know yet, I haven't closed the game to try repairing. I've just put my PC on hibernate when I had to step away, rather than having to reload. I'll try tomorrow, probably. The situation seems a little better at the moment though.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    I had that problem in my current household. I have two sims and one was always cold even though I had the thermostat on. What I did was turn the thermostat off and back on and that seemed to work for me.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I had that problem in my current household. I have two sims and one was always cold even though I had the thermostat on. What I did was turn the thermostat off and back on and that seemed to work for me.

Interesting... I will try that too.
  • HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    The latest patch seems to have broken the thermostat. I've found it turns itself off randomly, even though I've had my Sims turn it to heat the house, then I notice they're complaining of being chilly, and sure enough, it's back off again.