Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Landscaping Stuff Pack?

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Dodge wrote: »
    > @bandcampsquirrel said:
    > I would love this idea too. I have always wanted flowers and trees like sims 2, where you water them and they grow. How awesome would it be if you plant a baby tree and by the time the kids are teens, the tree grew really tall? That would be perfect with seasons, who's with me? :):):smile:

I am totally with you. :wink:

There ought to be a bunch different kinds of trees your sims can plant. Some will grow pretty fast and be tall by the time your sims kids are teens, but others go slow and won't be truly big until the kids are elders. There ought to be one kind of tree that grows fast but when it gets old and starts to die it'll drop branches, possibly damaging objects and/or crushing sims who are near it, another kind of tree that eventually attracts a certain special kind of bird, a kind that will make a golden apple once in its lifetime, a kind that will take forever to grow big enough but eventually will let you build a really cool treehouse...

Your thing about limbs falling makes me wish there was wind storms and tree branches could fall off that way too haha
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DodgeDodge Posts: 18 Member
    > @angelicsamurai said:
    > I think a better idea for making outdoor stuff, like ponds would be to have a free drawing tool that allows you to make a pond any shape, otherwise it'll be just another square shaped pool with stuff around it...

A pond could be one of several blobby base shapes that you customize with stretch-sliders.
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Sprinklers please. I really want to make a beautiful garden but watering individual plants is very tedious.
  • DodgeDodge Posts: 18 Member
    > @somethingstellar said:

> Your thing about limbs falling makes me wish there was wind storms and tree branches could fall off that way too haha

Yeah. I would hope that a Seasons add-on would include storms, and sometimes storm damage. Usually just killing your garden, but sometimes making your roof leak so you find random puddles in the house that not only give you the option to mop, but to fix the roof or hire someone to.

Maybe any tree could lose limbs in a storm, but the limb-falling ones should lose them randomly when they are in their 'elder' life-stage. Some real trees tend to do this; there's a bit of folklore that says that elm trees hate people, because of falling elm branches killing folks from time to time.

The Sims often seems to make some odd little references. I'd want the Juniper Tree to, once or twice in its long lifetime, produce a strange and beautiful bird that will drop a giant millstone on the nearest evil sim, and then fly away. Like in the Brothers Grimm story, but without the cannibalism bit.
  • Ath3lasAth3las Posts: 24 Member
    I love the thought of fixing the up the garden into a natural state, sprinklers are a definite must have, lets try to add an international theme, eucalyptus, bright beautiful bottlebrush would be amazing (Australian), different rocks, the ability to plant large plants together so they can overlap without using cheats would be fantastic, and yes bring back plant sims, its ridiculous to add an element just to remove it later. I really do love this idea :D
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Bump for Pi Day.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    I've been wanting to see a stuff pack completely dedicated to landscaping and improving the exterior of the house. Not nessearily furniture, I'm talking more gardening stuff, more hedges, shrubs, trees, and ponds w/ aquatic flora and fish. Non-collectable fish is fine, but just for the aesthetic would be nice. I'm a nature nerd, so having the forest at my doorstep is what I'd like to have. For a special gimmicky item that's usually obligatory to every stuff pack, maybe a greenhouse, which can later be used for an upcoming seasons pack?

I would love a pack for just landscaping to.

I would love one for just build mode to.

All those stuff packs out now and not one dedicated to builders or landscapers :(

Agree fully with your idea.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Meegie1977 wrote: »
    I want lakes and ponds! ☺

Absolutely :)

Let's just leave it at that. No need to tag em back into the thread.

True.

Nice banner :)

SAEldarin wrote: »
    Love the idea! It would be great to design/build natural fountains, ponds, and even streams.

God. I really love the sound of this :)

edited March 2018
    What about optional sprinklers you can purchase in buy/build mode that activate and water your plants for you? Would save a lot of time for gardening sims. I had to get rid of my family's garden because it took the patriarch 24 sim hours to maintain, and he didn't have the time for that, lol.

Honestly, that would be a wonderful idea. As someone who indulges a lot in gardening, this is a valuable option for those of us who produce our own food. :smiley:

I once had a huge strawberry field on a family's lot and it was the only way they made income. It was terrible. Everyone was near death caring for the plants constantly and they kept having kids to help care for their farm. It would take four sims an entire sim day to be almost done caring for the plants. And when I say "almost," it's because enough time would pass for the plants they cared for in the beginning to already need care again, lmao.
    Stuff that could help take care of a large amount of plants would be awesome. It just gets too time consuming wayyyy too fast.

That was me with The Sims 3 and just harvesting all my nectar grapes. xD I hope they would add the Harvester back (with no negative side effects)

I really miss growing necter grapes and the other fruits to turn into necter.

My gardens were huge and the racks always full. loved that feature in the sims 3. I hope it returns

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yes please! I'd actually prefer if it doesn't really have furniture so it can focus completely on nice trees, flowers, bushes, logs, rocks and pond stuff. I mean, seriously, even if we can't get terrain editing bc of routing issues, there isn't any excuse for not giving a pond tool. It's literally like the fountain tool, but just less jagged and with natural walls and floors. Stocking up a pond with fish and nice pond plants would be so great. I'd 100% buy this.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Dodge wrote: »
    > @bandcampsquirrel said:
    > I would love this idea too. I have always wanted flowers and trees like sims 2, where you water them and they grow. How awesome would it be if you plant a baby tree and by the time the kids are teens, the tree grew really tall? That would be perfect with seasons, who's with me? :):):smile:

I am totally with you. :wink:

There ought to be a bunch different kinds of trees your sims can plant. Some will grow pretty fast and be tall by the time your sims kids are teens, but others go slow and won't be truly big until the kids are elders. There ought to be one kind of tree that grows fast but when it gets old and starts to die it'll drop branches, possibly damaging objects and/or crushing sims who are near it, another kind of tree that eventually attracts a certain special kind of bird, a kind that will make a golden apple once in its lifetime, a kind that will take forever to grow big enough but eventually will let you build a really cool treehouse...

Your thing about limbs falling makes me wish there was wind storms and tree branches could fall off that way too haha

That's a good idea too, so we need all of this and natural disasters, like thunderstorms, blizzards, hurricanes and tornadoes!!

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I would adore a pack focused solely on outdoor items such as trees, flowers, koi ponds, and the like. A lawn landscaping pack could include lawnmowers as the game play object. It could work like laundry and be that grass would only grow if you bought a lawnmower!
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    A pack like this could have some really awesome gardening improvements, too. I would love to see a whole host of new bushes, flowers, trees, rocks. It would be even better if a terrain and water tool was added in, but I won't hold my breath. I'd love for there to be timed sprinklers to make gardening a little easier, and I'd also like an "evolve all" option added in as that can get tedious with larger gardens. The rocks, though, are the main point for me because there's only so many ways to make 4 rocks look different from each other.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Landscaping content would be awesome!
    there are lots of great ideas in the thread, so I wont repeat them, but I too would love to see more creative options and outdoor items, a garden lounger or swing seat modern cottage tropical and forest plants and items,
    fountains and water features smaller cute and colourful garen ornaments,
    structures such as pergulars summer houses play houses and sheds!
    we need a "Love your garden" pack!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

Bump for Spring!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited May 2018
    I already posted on this post before but I wanted to reiterate how much I'd LOVE this stuff pack for any guru looking at this! I also heard Grant said community stuff pack was a huge success so I think it'd be fun to have a vote again for everything to do with a pack!
    Bump for Memorial Day.
    Bump for the 4th of July.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'd love a stuff pack like this or to see more landscape stuff in other packs. Whatever we get I'd be happy with, I just want more stuff to make my yard pretty.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love this, but they would need to patch in a terrain tool before!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    We're approaching Labor Day and still no terrain tools? Where you at EA?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I've been wanting to see a stuff pack completely dedicated to landscaping and improving the exterior of the house. Not nessearily furniture, I'm talking more gardening stuff, more hedges, shrubs, trees, and ponds w/ aquatic flora and fish. Non-collectable fish is fine, but just for the aesthetic would be nice. I'm a nature nerd, so having the forest at my doorstep is what I'd like to have. For a special gimmicky item that's usually obligatory to every stuff pack, maybe a greenhouse, which can later be used for an upcoming seasons pack?

I think that after releasing Romantic Garden Stuff they are not going to release another SP focusing on gardens... :Vou But i would love to see your ideas, maybe they chould do 3 different types of garden. Like a japanese garden including those koi ponds and stuff like that, a cacti/succulents garden and a futuristic garden or something like that.
  • I_Love_SimsI_Love_Sims Posts: 13 New Member
    i found out how to contact EA about this idea already, but the idea is a stuff pack called "Playground stuff" my friend and i thought of it, There would be more swings, (including baby swings hopefully!) Slides, those playground merry go round(s), more monkey bars, more of the pirate ships/ space ship playground toys (except different things) a jungle gym, etc. (and my (usual) personal favorite part, new clothes for all age groups) :) Adios amigos!