Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

2...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2018
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Only fruit salads? My boys always end up with steaks and hamburgers either prepped on grills or in the cabins on the stoves. Do those food items change with the season changes there? I have yet to experience winter (I just got into my first summer...trust me I'm a slow savor player) and am looking forward to checking out the woods when it comes around. Do the lakes there freeze too preventing fishing and do bugs go away?

Just remember it came out a long time ago and have a quick look at the lots in build mode before you send anyone as you'll find a lot you might want to change but I do advise putting those thermometers in all of them and check whether the house actually has an indoor stove or fireplace. It does save a lot of time with them going in or out in the cold for meals. :)

I'm not sure whether tents can stop Sims from freezing to death in winter but I always stick one in their inventories in case they are a long way from base.

and that answered absolutely nothing i asked lol

I can't be bothered to answer questions when all you have to do is go there and try it. lol

Then why did you even bother at all when nothing I asked was specifically directed at you and was simply a question in general in hopes someone with an intelligent answer would respond. smh Reckon I was wrong into thinking this community wasn't toxic like the Fallout one.
    edited August 2018
    SimGuruEmory's answer to the question on Twitter.

"Yes, if it's freezing out fishing isn't available. Fishes need some time to warm up"

I haven't collected bugs in Seasons yet and haven't tried it in winter. It's only just come out.

As far as I know the food choices are the same. I first went to Granite Falls before the thermostats came useable with a patch and it was all I could do to keep my Sims from freezing to death inside and outside. I'm starting in Spring these days.
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    They don't make it easy to add thermostats. One work around is to turn off the weather effects on the Sims so they won't die from heat or cold while vacationing. Then you can turn it back on when you get home again. My Sims visited Granite Falls in the late fall and temperatures were freeing outside, but I purchased them cold acclimation traits--so they didn't seem to mind the cold at all.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    One of the patches updated the thermostats so they will work now in GF and the other community lots.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    One of the patches updated the thermostats so they will work not in GF and the other community lots.

Has that just happened? After they said they had fixed it! "Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing" so to speak! :o
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Bearflex wrote: »
    I tried that cheat, but then I couldn't figure out how to turn it off again. Suggestions on another thread didn't work. Will it eventually turn itself off? Will it cause glitches if it stays on? I backed out of my game without saving and it was disabled again, but then I couldn't get the stuff I wanted for their cabin either.

I think it turns off when you save and quit the game. I usually just go in on Manage Worlds and do all my modifications. Should probably add some thermostats for A/C in Selvadorada as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Only fruit salads? My boys always end up with steaks and hamburgers either prepped on grills or in the cabins on the stoves. Do those food items change with the season changes there? I have yet to experience winter (I just got into my first summer...trust me I'm a slow savor player) and am looking forward to checking out the woods when it comes around. Do the lakes there freeze too preventing fishing and do bugs go away?

I've been wondering about the insects too -- my current semi-legacy has as one of the goals to complete all the collections so eventually I'll need to go to Granite Falls to start on the insect collection (my female founder already finished the gardening collection including all the Granite Falls plants). I've studied and found that Summer is the best season for the plants (they're all in season then) but not sure about the insects.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Insects aren't affected by seasons, you can find them even when it is snowing.
    Fishing isn't possible in winter if it is too cold and the water is freezing.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    EA never heard of ice fishing? Hate that can't fish in winter in GF even if have the weather effects off. Also could not fish during a thunderstorm even though my sim has the storm chaser trait. There is nothing to do there in winter now.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    One of the patches updated the thermostats so they will work not in GF and the other community lots.

Has that just happened? After they said they had fixed it! "Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing" so to speak! :o

Worked for me - also the science center one works. Can't speak for the hospital though have not gone there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    > @Bearflex said:
    > I did some heavy editing to Granite Falls in one of my games. I went in and added a campground pool and hot tub to the nature center lot. You can also go in and add stereos and other items to make them more comfortable. I would think that the Seasons expansions would have put thermostats in the rental houses in Granite Falls and Seldovarada. I think that the build/buy mode should be be enabled in these places because Sims always want to buy things and they can buy very limited things in those locations. I tried to go into edit world mode while my Sims were on vacation there and I couldn't do a thing with it. In the Sims 2 the camping experience offered more to do--I think Granite Falls needs to have an a clubhouse and pool area added on an additional lot like real campgrounds have with game rooms and other activities. Granite Falls is pretty but can pretty dull quickly.

Did you know the cheat bb.enablefreebuild will unlock all lots so you can build even while you're playing. It works for the hidden lots too like the Hermit's cabin, Sylvan Glade, Sixam, etc

Thanks - I was looking for this. I took a break from my legacy save to start a new one for the 'snowbound' story I've wanted to play. I've built a cabin for my Sims, but it's helpful to know that if I forget something or something doesn't work (if I've placed it where Sims can't get to it), I can fix it without ending the vacation.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    So, I'm playing my cabin in Granite Falls, and it's off-the-grid as much as possible (I can pretend that the wall oil lamps are real oil lamps and that the refrigerator is a larder and that the cell phone doesn't exist.) So, no computer, which is fine until my Sim goes to upgrade the fireplaces so they don't catch fire. Now, I realise that she needs update parts, which she can't buy without the computer. I'm keeping the cheat in my pocket for something really necessary - this, I see as a challenge.

I sent her off fishing, since my Sims are always catching upgrade parts when I want fish, but instead, she catches fish. Finally, it occurred to me that they could rummage in the trash, so Ingrid has become quite the trash hunter.

Meanwhile, I've been experimenting with the different things toddlers can do with snowpals depending on their mood - they can tell a joke if playful, a story if happy, and so forth. Toddlers just adore snow, so it's easy to keep her amused while her mother is playing in the trash.

The one thing I don't like about playing Granite Falls as a 'permanent' dwelling is the homesick moodlet. It would be nice to have an interaction or object that would counteract this. Toddlers aren't affected by many of the buffs that override the homesick moodlet for older sims, so little Mollie gets 'very sad' quite often.
    Granite Falls suffers from being an early world for Sims 4. Sometimes I think it would be good to introduce "Bigfoot" or even werewolves to it to make it more interesting. Witches and fairies could happily live there too.
    Granite Falls suffers from being an early world for Sims 4. Sometimes I think it would be good to introduce "Bigfoot" or even werewolves to it to make it more interesting. Witches and fairies could happily live there too.

Ugh! No thanks - I'm not a fan of supernatural stuff. I love the world because it's so quiet - very few townies, no 'cars' zipping past. It's much easier to immerse yourself in a non-modern storyline, since it's just your Sims and the forest.
    I've mainly used GF as an artists' retreat -- with the draggable easels it'll be even more useful. I can send a painter there to do the Paint By Reference paintings of all the scenery. I'll have to find a good angle to get the Stanley statue. Been trying to remake GF with newer cabins and such. I did put a computer and TV in one small 2BR cabin, mainly for a writer's retreat (I really wish we'd get laptops back!). I used to have a spa there, and might go ahead and re-add that.
    SimGuruEmory's answer to the question on Twitter.

"Yes, if it's freezing out fishing isn't available. Fishes need some time to warm up"

I haven't collected bugs in Seasons yet and haven't tried it in winter. It's only just come out.

As far as I know the food choices are the same. I first went to Granite Falls before the thermostats came useable with a patch and it was all I could do to keep my Sims from freezing to death inside and outside. I'm starting in Spring these days.

I think adding a fireplace also helps to keep Sims warm, especially if it's a smaller cabin. And I like the atmosphere it adds.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I think I will have to use this place again. I wonder if I could do a Christmas vacation there!
    Also, I haven't noticed leaf piles around Granite Falls - I started in Autumn, and there were a few leaves on the ground, but no piles of leaves left to moulder. Maybe the forest service takes care of them?