Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone's active household or played households won the lottery before?

Comments

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well I might have if the game had left the Lottery Holiday intact … One of my Sims aged up to teenager and as I always do when one of the kids ages up, I went into CAS to do hair and clothing changes, when I returned to live mode, the holiday was gone :( as were the lottery tickets. I also had the Harvestfest Holiday disappear when my Sim travelled to another lot (the feast was going to take place there). I was quite dismayed.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    Well I might have if the game had left the Lottery Holiday intact … One of my Sims aged up to teenager and as I always do when one of the kids ages up, I went into CAS to do hair and clothing changes, when I returned to live mode, the holiday was gone :( as were the lottery tickets. I also had the Harvestfest Holiday disappear when my Sim travelled to another lot (the feast was going to take place there). I was quite dismayed.

I've never had disappearing holidays happen to me, but will definitely watch out for it. Have you had it happen to a custom holiday that you created? That would help add details down for it.
  • Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    zamira82 wrote: »
    Nope, but Bob won a million!

I've never won the lottery. Bob Pancakes always has whenever I play.

Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Holy_Cow wrote: »

Really? I'm so jealous! :s How is he so lucky?

OID:- x4m1r4
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Holy_Cow wrote: »

Have him divorce Eliza and go marry that money! Lol.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It would be good if they could win the more likely, varying amounts, like 50 simoleans or 438 or something.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I wish it was available once per season. As I'm playing on the longest seasons, it won't come up very often.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I wish it was available once per season. As I'm playing on the longest seasons, it won't come up very often.

My main houshold are all dead. As in one ghost, two vampires. So time is... what happens to other people.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Mayor Whiskers won the most recent lottery in my game. Guess he won't be needing any campagn contributions. :P
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    None of my active ones but I've started a trend of moving the winners in with my sims if they are homeless ;)..
    Mayor Whiskers was the last for me too @Simpatsyann :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • SpoonieSarahSpoonieSarah Posts: 17 Member
    The only household I'm playing right now is a Legacy challenge and I didn't remember seeing it in rules so I bought a ticket but sadly, no, I think it was Dennis Kim or someone in that household... cuz they soooo need the money. *rolls eyes*
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    Had it twice so far. Both times my sims lost.
    image.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    None of my currently played, active, households have won. But I noticed in my current save, that Clement Frost had moved in next door. Checked it out, and it seemed he won and bought himself quite a grand house (he had around 600k left after the purchase). Also seen randomly generated, currently not in world, sims have won also. Can't remember them all, think I missed out the announcement a couple of times also.
  • fh4simsfh4sims Posts: 16 Member
    Friend of mine's happened to *his neighbor's dog*.... Has anyone tried to remove every single household in the save except yours and drawn the lottery?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    They should have added the Lucky trait in the game before seasons. Would be cool... Would make sense for the lightning thing, the lotto...
  • JacksonJackson Posts: 1 New Member
    A dead sim won the lottery and I just created an adult daughter for her so the money can be used
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Neither of my households have yet to win lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm not so bothered about the lottery now that I've purchased a money tree!
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Yes, quite a few times.
  • SupernovurSupernovur Posts: 55 Member
    Yeah this actually happened the other day. My sim won 1 million simoleons!
  • lameismygamelameismygame Posts: 1 New Member
    My active household won, and then died of laughter.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    My active household won, and then died of laughter.

Isn't it ironic? 😁
  • HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    I still haven't won any lottery. I needed the money for my homeless challenge but Nancy Landgraab won instead. This was such a disappointment lol
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I made this in august and still havent won LOL
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • jassieteacatjassieteacat Posts: 3 New Member
    After reading a few different threads about winning the lottery, and after experiencing it myself, I might have stumbled across a trend here.

A few other Simmers, myself included, won the lottery when your sims were expecting their first baby. And it tends to be the husband who had the winning ticket.