Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more than 3 CAS traits per sim

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    currently im taking a break from sims 4 for 3 and the 5 traits we get are better IMO. with the university EP installed my sims can have upto 7 traits if they attend uni or 6 if they dont but progress in a 'social group'. adding 2 new traits changed my sim almost straight away as she had new desires since she added genius and started playing chess by herself. she also added adventurer and when i took her travelling she got a buff.

sims 3 also allows you to select 'random' traits so if you dont have anything in mind you click random and boom a sim with a personality has been made. i miss that in sims 4

the emotions in sims4 are too much at times due to the rapid nature in which they can change and makes me feel that the game has been designed for a) children and b) people who have never ever played sims in their life.

im constantly feeling like each sim is a carbon copy of the previous one and alot of things are too easy, for example: need to have a baby? click try for baby on compatible items and there you go~! no work whatsoever to get the two sims in the mood

the trait reward traits are sorely lacking as well. theres no variety and it annoys me that when a trait is purchased it stays in the list.

sims 4 was ambitious in that, for me, it was a complete persona overhaul with emotions however it would have been great for these sims to have a combination of sims 2 and 3 with emotions thrown in too.

wouldnt surprise me if EA is already working on a sims 5 and a way to combine sims 2 3 and 4 personalities and emotions all together

Be surprised - they are not!!!!

They said they are not. EA said they are not. They are solely working on Sims 4 for at least the next 3 years before they review again. This is not like any of the past games - this is live service and it doesn't have an end date.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In view of the amount of time it takes to build a game from scratch we are either going to have TS4 around well into the next decade or it will be dropped like a hot potato once EA is finished milking it for $. I suspect it will be the second.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    wouldn't change anything, autonomy is mostly based on the mood, way more than on traits. A flirty sim has an high chance to flirt due to the mood, unflirty trait doesn't change a thing besides making the sim less likely to be flirty, for example.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I don’t want to have more traits per sim until we have more traits full stop. There are so few traits now that’s it’s hard for me to even choose three that I want and have not used recently/in a similar combination. When we gave more traits, then I’d love to see more traits per sim.
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    currently im taking a break from sims 4 for 3 and the 5 traits we get are better IMO. with the university EP installed my sims can have upto 7 traits if they attend uni or 6 if they dont but progress in a 'social group'. adding 2 new traits changed my sim almost straight away as she had new desires since she added genius and started playing chess by herself. she also added adventurer and when i took her travelling she got a buff.

sims 3 also allows you to select 'random' traits so if you dont have anything in mind you click random and boom a sim with a personality has been made. i miss that in sims 4

the emotions in sims4 are too much at times due to the rapid nature in which they can change and makes me feel that the game has been designed for a) children and b) people who have never ever played sims in their life.

im constantly feeling like each sim is a carbon copy of the previous one and alot of things are too easy, for example: need to have a baby? click try for baby on compatible items and there you go~! no work whatsoever to get the two sims in the mood

the trait reward traits are sorely lacking as well. theres no variety and it annoys me that when a trait is purchased it stays in the list.

sims 4 was ambitious in that, for me, it was a complete persona overhaul with emotions however it would have been great for these sims to have a combination of sims 2 and 3 with emotions thrown in too.

wouldnt surprise me if EA is already working on a sims 5 and a way to combine sims 2 3 and 4 personalities and emotions all together

Be surprised - they are not!!!!

They said they are not. EA said they are not. They are solely working on Sims 4 for at least the next 3 years before they review again. This is not like any of the past games - this is live service and it doesn't have an end date.

i see i see. thats good to know. hopefully it means we have a variety of EPs and new game features to come out :)
  • Options
    TehOpheliacTehOpheliac Posts: 17 Member
    At the very least, we need more traits -- and perhaps more aspirations as well since that's fairly paltry. I keep adding modded ones to my game, but they give me terrible Last Exception errors. It's hard to stay interested in the game when all of your sims feel practically like the same person, though I definitely do love the game.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I don’t want to have more traits per sim until we have more traits full stop. There are so few traits now that’s it’s hard for me to even choose three that I want and have not used recently/in a similar combination. When we gave more traits, then I’d love to see more traits per sim.
    This is where I'm at, there's only a couple of my Sims where I'd like up to five traits. But most of the time, I'm already kinda hard pressed to make a sim with three traits that I didn't already do. And while more slots would give me a little more space to have more combinations, I really think there'd need a bunch more traits for it to make sense.

Honestly, even without new slots, I feel like we need a lot more dang traits.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited August 2018
    I remember when The Sims 4 was coming out, and their one huge selling point was
    "Your sims feel more real now because they have ~EMOTIONS~"

Boy, that really backfired.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr